Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Regalingualius posted:

I actually brought this exact meme up in a course on the Internet and politics this semester. I think I summed it up as "we're entering an age where imgur memes are playing a role in elections. May God help us all."

Every election ever has been decided by memes :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RFC2324 posted:

The fact that he freaks out over it? I'd rather not have someone that thin-skinned able to push the big red button.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Because Trump likes to attack the physical characteristics of his opponents, so watching him squirm while bringing up his flaws is wonderful entertainment.

yes hello what is sarcasm thank you

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lady Naga posted:

yes hello what is sarcasm thank you

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/Submit
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; irony; cynicism
"well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RFC2324 posted:

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/Submit
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; irony; cynicism
"well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

I like that the example sentences are just talking about sarcasm and do nothing to exemplify sarcasm.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mak0rz posted:

I like that the example sentences are just talking about sarcasm and do nothing to exemplify sarcasm.

I thought it was funny that google spit out an example that I know some people would take as extremely sexist.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Why are people talking about Trump's tiny fingers & penis :confused: what does that have to do with the presidency :confused::confused::confused:

RFC2324 posted:

The fact that he freaks out over it? I'd rather not have someone that thin-skinned able to push the big red button.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Because Trump likes to attack the physical characteristics of his opponents, so watching him squirm while bringing up his flaws is wonderful entertainment.

:regd09:

gaydad
Mar 23, 2015

FAROOQ posted:

The Whole Bernie Sanders Meme Stash was entertaining at first, but then they started stealing jokes and putting Sanders as the 'good guy punchline' of jokes, making it bland and predictable. :(

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Mak0rz posted:

Wow, great post! ;)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

FAROOQ posted:

i like ike

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Well he's not wrong.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ugh, one of my old coworkers who added me on fb for some reason posted this tripe

On the bright side my mother posted this picture of a poster she found

I do enjoy not having insane family members on FB.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

God loving damnit

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Scathach posted:

God loving damnit
This goddamn city :allears:

Here is a real gem of a guy I got on Tinder (which I think at least nominally counts as social media) a couple months ago, because Seattle is so amazingly full of people like this

When I posted this in the fabgoon thread someone helpfully PMed me that the last bit is lyrics from a metal song, but I eagerly await an explanation for "Fear nothing, transcend everything, c u soon".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

New million dollar app idea: Flappy Breasts.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Scathach posted:

God loving damnit

Uh, you definitely won't be making money though. If anything you'll be spending it. :v:

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

The actress struggled long after the movie looking for roles. She's come out in interviews before complaining about how she's typecasted into one role (the Vasquez one) and that no matter what movie she plays a badass in she also inevitably dies. Hell, if the macro maker looked at her filmography at all they'd see she was actually struggling to get any named roles.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Ughh those periods are going to haunt my dreams.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Obligatory Toast posted:

Jesus this is heartbreaking :(

To be fair though that guy has probably the most punchable face on the planet.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Mar 21, 2016

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Scarf posted:

Counterpoint:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scarf posted:

Yes, let's joke about wanting to punch abuse victims in the face, this is a Cool and Good thing to do.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Scarf posted:

Yea, gently caress that guy for having well-groomed facial hair, average looks, and a big smile. Smash his loving face in!

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

burexas.irom posted:

Ughh those periods are going to haunt my dreams.

typeface piled high

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"To lose and not replenish"? Eating/drinking isn't enough to replenish? Or should any woman having a period be given a transfusion equaling the amount of blood lost?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Someone needs to inform those people that all mammals menstruate, not just humans.

Scarf posted:

Really? Would you also say this about female abuse victims if you thought they had an annoying voice or something?

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 18:53 on Mar 21, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Scarf posted:

In addition to the overall awfulness of the claim, you've obviously seen nowhere near enough face punching to be able to make that kind of statement. Dude's not even top percentile:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Picnic Princess posted:

Someone needs to inform those people that all mammals menstruate, not just humans.

Really? Would you also say this about female abuse victims if you thought they had an annoying voice or something?

Last time I checked plenty of people make jokes about Rhianna.

I guess let me know when enough time has passed.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Mar 21, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Scarf posted:

loving god man, if you consider this punchable I hope I never meet you IRL

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

paradoxGentleman posted:

loving god man, if you consider this punchable I hope I never meet you IRL

It's mainly the dumb loving faces he makes in every single picture I see of him.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Scarf posted:

Last time I checked plenty of people make jokes about Rhianna.

Yes, because they're assholes. This guy makes dumb faces, but that doesn't prevent the fact that you're an rear end in a top hat too.

Stuntman posted:

Yes, let's joke about wanting to punch abuse victims in the face, this is a Cool and Good thing to do.

emptyquote

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

"To lose and not replenish"? Eating/drinking isn't enough to replenish? Or should any woman having a period be given a transfusion equaling the amount of blood lost?

Also a transfusion of eggs and uterine lining and mucus and junk I guess, gotta keep those stores up
I mean these are likely all dumb trolling attempts, but at the same time can't help but get the impression that they think menstruation is literally some wound opening and bleeding til it scabs over. And then I guess pregnancy is just a baby plugging the wound like a fleshy mega-tampon?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

It's mainly the dumb loving faces he makes in every single picture I see of him.

forget it scarf, it's youtube thumbnails

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Alaois posted:

forget it scarf, it's youtube thumbnails

Touche.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cadaver. posted:

Also a transfusion of eggs and uterine lining and mucus and junk I guess, gotta keep those stores up
I mean these are likely all dumb trolling attempts, but at the same time can't help but get the impression that they think menstruation is literally some wound opening and bleeding til it scabs over. And then I guess pregnancy is just a baby plugging the wound like a fleshy mega-tampon?

Never trust any creature that bleeds for 7 days without dying. :colbert:

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009
:unsmigghh:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hidden anti-SJW in Hearthstone? Card name: Black Knight

So as you all know, Hearthstone is one of the most popular video games in the world atm, and as a medium can be considered mainstream because of it.

They have a card called The Black Knight in this game:

Now let me explain why this card is so anti-SJW. Not only is it called the black knight, but it's effect is to instantly kill a minion that protects others when it is played. These 'taunt' minions that protect others have a big shield around them to signify this. So basically he kills white knights.

Now of course there are numerous ways to think about this in another way, and because the game developer isn't stupid they would always support pro-left views in public. But I love how a little RP always leaks through.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Hidden anti-SJW in Hearthstone? Card name: Black Knight

So as you all know, Hearthstone is one of the most popular video games in the world atm, and as a medium can be considered mainstream because of it.

They have a card called The Black Knight in this game:

Now let me explain why this card is so anti-SJW. Not only is it called the black knight, but it's effect is to instantly kill a minion that protects others when it is played. These 'taunt' minions that protect others have a big shield around them to signify this. So basically he kills white knights.

Now of course there are numerous ways to think about this in another way, and because the game developer isn't stupid they would always support pro-left views in public. But I love how a little RP always leaks through.

mods please change my name to Hidden anti-robocop

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Losing my poo poo at "anti-robocop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

I don't know what this is, but Under the Western Freeway is a superb album.