Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

JazzFlight posted:

Heat rises, dummy. The flames only affected the top of the room and all the cool air rushed down and protected his torso and legs.

The bigger question is how Carol turned invisible. I mean, we heard her talking and swinging on the porch at the end of the show but we didn't see her. Maybe the cigarettes caused a mutation? Were those special cigarettes from that lady? I hope Carol doesn't start coughing like her, too.

I guess I buy that, but it seems like the kind of thing that shouldn't be left for the viewer to understand.

AE, could you give your perspective on why the skin on his face didn't meltdown to the rest of his body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

DoctaFun posted:

I guess I buy that, but it seems like the kind of thing that shouldn't be left for the viewer to understand.

AE, could you give your perspective on why the skin on his face didn't meltdown to the rest of his body?
Actually, now that you mention it, I bet he was burned on his lower half as well. That's why Eugene bit down on his junk, he couldn't resist the smell of flame-broiled meat!

Here's my current theory:
In case Poe's Law's in effect here and you are actually serious: Dwight wasn't in the Kill Room ya dingus!

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

DoctaFun posted:

How did the guy with the crossbow get out of the flaming 'kill room' last episode with only a burn to his face? At those temperatures the lower half of his body should have been severely burned.

DoctaFun posted:

He wasn't in that room. We've only seen him when he lifted Daryl's bow/bike, and in this scene. A few pages ago I posted a spoiler-tagged explanation for he face. Edit: Right here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745970&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=198#post457683463

Really? I've forgotten more about this place than you've ever known. Take your own advice. Grow up, talk about TWD. PM me if you want to fight. Don't PM me.

Catsplosion posted:

Its not meant to be that black and white. Its mercy and kindness are a luxury that we strive for to remain 'human' but to survive in a world of ruthless, nihilistic people we have to act accordingly first before we can even consider the alternative.

It's cold, hard pragmatism. Its simply not practical to be kind to everybody in that type of world.

Most of the good aspects of the show are the ones that come closest to what happens in the graphic novel.

Couldn't say any of this any better. The lovely side effect for us is that since everyone on the planet seems to have taken to this barbarism as a default, you lose decent characters like Denise. I didn't expect her to die when she did, and I was a little bothered to see her go, but only because they chose not to develop her until pretty much this episode. If they had given her some more personality or depth beforehand, her death's impact would've been greater. If they never gave her depth at all, her death would've meant nothing to me.

But as far as the comics go, you're totally right.. the best parts of the show are the parts that got a 1:1 translation. I dunno if I'd want that for Negan's entrance, though. That might be too much for this PG-14 universe.

Catsplosion posted:

I don't agree with the having a beer part either though.

I'm not sure what MRA meant, didn't care to ask him. But the beer part is because you've both been deceived by the same person for sex.

---

Last time I'm going to say anything about this. I ignored five more people because you're taking a liking to quoting me over an already-squashed argument. That is ridiculous. Eight people whose posts I'll never see again, just because some of you guys can't resist the temptation of quoting the guy who tldr'd and trolled me. Nobody "melted down." All that happened is a guy with zero tact shut a conversation's door in my face, and for some reason, six other people were like, "Hey, that looks like fun." Stop quoting me, stop derailing the loving thread, you dolts. All that happens is I ignore you and I carry on with my day.

AE fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 21, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Johnny Truant posted:

Why do people think this episode is good? It was a poo poo episode with some funny comedic relief and a single WHOA moment :shrug:

Every character acted completely out of character. I guess they needed to pack all the incredible stupidity that the rest of this half season has been missing into a single episode?

Because when you give people nothing but barren sand to live off (the first half of the season), they're willing to eat poo poo to survive when things get desperate (this half).

Frankly, nothing really made me go: "Yeah! Season redeemed, I'm totes watching more of this claptrap in future seasons after this one!" yet. When the action starts, it's moderately interesting, but when there isn't any I just feel complete disconnect with any character by this point (even Carol, now that they decided to have her get infected by Morgan's self-doubts) and, really, my one and only hope is that Negan saves the whole thing with the last episode or two, but frankly,...I'm not holding out much hope for that either. It really feels like this show's lost a lot of its soul with this season - does anyone know if they did a massive switcharound in regards to the writers/producers/directors? Cause drat, it sure feels that way.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

AE posted:

He wasn't in that room. We've only seen him when he lifted Daryl's bow/bike, and in this scene. A few pages ago I posted a spoiler-tagged explanation for he face. Edit: Right here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745970&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=198#post457683463

Really? I've forgotten more about this place than you've ever known. Take your own advice. Grow up, talk about TWD. PM me if you want to fight. Don't PM me.

Couldn't say any of this any better. The lovely side effect for us is that since everyone on the planet seems to have taken to this barbarism as a default, you lose decent characters like Denise. I didn't expect her to die when she did, and I was a little bothered to see her go, but only because they chose not to develop her until pretty much this episode. If they had given her some more personality or depth beforehand, her death's impact would've been greater. If they never gave her depth at all, her death would've meant nothing to me.

But as far as the comics go, you're totally right.. the best parts of the show are the parts that got a 1:1 translation. I dunno if I'd want that for Negan's entrance, though. That might be too much for this PG-14 universe.

I'm not sure what MRA meant, didn't care to ask him. But the beer part is because you've both been deceived by the same person for sex.

---

Last time I'm going to say anything about this. I ignored five more people because you're taking a liking to quoting me over an already-squashed argument. That is ridiculous. Eight people whose posts I'll never see again, just because some of you guys can't resist the temptation of quoting the guy who tldr'd and trolled me. Nobody "melted down." All that happened is a guy with zero tact shut a conversation's door in my face, and for some reason, six other people were like, "Hey, that looks like fun." Stop quoting me, stop derailing the loving thread, you dolts. All that happens is I ignore you and I carry on with my day.

nuclear

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So are the SJWs going to come out and protest the death of the lesbian doctor like they did for the lesbian leader Lexa on 'the 100'?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

AE posted:

LOL, okay. Sure, we see that Daryl can hardly push his bike through the woods it's so heavy and you want me to believe that this skinny guy lifted it and his bow?! He can't even handle the recoil on the crossbow, how is he going to lift a big rear end motorcycle.

I know people are saying he wasn't in the room, that's one theory(and quite possibly the correct one), but it doesn't mean it's the only plausible explanation.

I think AMC sets up these moments to see how the audience reacts. If everyone wants him to not have been in the kill room then they will probably flip their script to make people happy.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

TMMadman posted:

So are the SJWs going to come out and protest the death of the lesbian doctor like they did for the lesbian leader Lexa on 'the 100'?

They SHOULD. It was clearly a hate crime. Dwight specifically said he was aiming for "rug munchers only"

DoctaFun posted:

LOL, okay. Sure, we see that Daryl can hardly push his bike through the woods it's so heavy and you want me to believe that this skinny guy lifted it and his bow?! He can't even handle the recoil on the crossbow, how is he going to lift a big rear end motorcycle.

I know people are saying he wasn't in the room, that's one theory(and quite possibly the correct one), but it doesn't mean it's the only plausible explanation.

I think AMC sets up these moments to see how the audience reacts. If everyone wants him to not have been in the kill room then they will probably flip their script to make people happy.

Was Dwight's face already marred up when he initially stole the bow/bike?

Edit: But no, seriously. He wasn't in the kill room. Had nothing to do with that night. Dwight's got a big ol' backstory with Negan, written precisely on the left side of his face. We have yet to find out about all of that on the TV show.

AE fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 21, 2016

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

TMMadman posted:

This is stupid.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
No. He wasn't in the kill room.

Dwight and Honey were escaping from the saviours in their previous episode. They will have twisted the script slightly (possibly) so that he is punished for leaving with the burn to his face (if this wasn't done before. I can't remember now) and like I said Negan rules with fear and will have tasked D with bringing in part of the Alexandria group dead or alive.

Even though Daryl helped Dwight in the other episode he has no option but to do as he's told because he's scared of the consequences if he doesn't. The whole "I should have killed you" "Yeah you probably should have" part of the convo isn't meant to be malicious on dwight's part. It's more of a; if you had I wouldn't have to be doing this type moment. He has to do this to survive.

That's my take anyway. It's probably going to be wrong, especially with how thickly he laid into not meaning to hit denise and implying he was trying to hit daryl. Only time will tell.

Catsplosion fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 21, 2016

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Naw. She was fat and besides they're still represented by the prego chick.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

AE posted:

They SHOULD. It was clearly a hate crime. Dwight specifically said he was aiming for "rug munchers only"

It wasn't. Since then I've only seen three fires on screen, he was either in the kill room, took a glancing blow from Daryl's RPG(could be why he's so pissed at Daryl?), or he was potentially hiding in the pond that they set on fire in Alexandria(scouting for the Neegans?). Of those I think the kill room is probably the most likely.

eselbaum
Jul 4, 2009

*boop*

TMMadman posted:

I doubt it, only because she's not the only gay character on the show. Now, if they picked off Tara, Aaron, Aaron's invisi-boyfriend, (and Daryl??) in quick succession, then you might have a riot on your hands.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

DoctaFun posted:

It wasn't. Since then I've only seen three fires on screen, words words words

Exactly. Dwight & Co lifted Daryl's bike and crossbow while running from Negan and the Saviors. When the Survivors go to the Savior outpost and kill everyone in their sleep, a random dude rides out on Daryl's bike, which is when Daryl gets it back. So, that means when Dwight & Co were running, they were NOT successful, and they were returned to Savior territory (along with the motorcycle), and Dwight received a heavy (OFF-screen) punishment.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

DoctaFun posted:

It wasn't. Since then I've only seen three fires on screen, he was either in the kill room, took a glancing blow from Daryl's RPG(could be why he's so pissed at Daryl?), or he was potentially hiding in the pond that they set on fire in Alexandria(scouting for the Neegans?). Of those I think the kill room is probably the most likely.

Dwight isn't a main character. These burns don't have to come from something we have seen.

and they wiped everybody out in that room. Hence why it was aptly named 'kill room' they werent there to leave survivors.

Catsplosion fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 21, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

DoctaFun posted:

Heh, took me a second to see what you did there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bikes
Burns
Battle star Galactica

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

bobjr posted:

You think the doctor would be good at a quick snatch.

Ten pages ago, but underrated post imo

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

Lycus posted:

Heh, took me a second to see what you did there.

Wait, what did he do there

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm, haven't seen episode yet but sounds like there's at least a handful of good scenes. Which is the best you can hope for with The Walking Dead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

AE posted:

Parody the "Terminus is not cannibals" posts.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

AE posted:

He was referencing someone having a meltdown in the thread about Terminus.

In time they may make a humorous turn on your posting as well!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm glad glasses woman got killed because i didn't even care enough about her character to learn her name.

The gun battle was hilarious stuff. 10+ heavily armed guys standing at point blank range get beaten into retreat after a minor distraction and none of them thinks to shoot the two unarmed people standing directly in front of them before they can get their weapons back up off the ground again.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

JossiRossi posted:

He was referencing someone having a meltdown in the thread about Terminus.

Oh, word. I don't remember any of that.

JossiRossi posted:

In time they may make a humorous turn on your posting as well!

Not necessary, not valid, not worth it, and above all, NOTHING to do with TWD. Stop bringing this poo poo up. You're now the ninth person I've ignored. It isn't worth it to have all of your posts ignored because you can't resist the temptation to do some grade-school antagonizing bullshit, insisting something that didn't happen happened.

If anybody wants to talk about me specifically, PM me, stop making GBS threads on the thread. Do not PM me.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

spudsbuckley posted:

The gun battle was hilarious stuff. 10+ heavily armed guys standing at point blank range etc

Kicks like a bitch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm glad glasses woman got killed because i didn't even care enough about her character to learn her name.

I think it was Harriet or Henrietta.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

If we've learned anything from this season, it's that orange soda is cursed in the zombie apocalypse.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

AE posted:

Edit: But no, seriously. He wasn't in the kill room. Had nothing to do with that night. Dwight's got a big ol' backstory with Negan, written precisely on the left side of his face. We have yet to find out about all of that on the TV show.

http://youtu.be/jpYIoa2-Mok

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

AE posted:

look at this loving word count

its gone critical

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine
ALRIGHT HEY IT'S CLEAR YOU GUYS THINK WORD COUNT INDICATES A MELTDOWN. NO. THIS IS A MELTDOWN. MELTDOWN HAPPENS WHEN YOU loving CUNTS WON'T DROP IT AND KEEP THE THREAD ON TRACK. COOL, I GUESS I'LL JUST LEAVE THE loving THREAD THEN. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS A lovely PLACE FOR ME TO GO. I'LL GO TALK ABOUT MY FAVORITE SHOW SOMEWHERE ELSE, SOMEWHERE WITH LESS friend of the family FAGGOTS SO EAT MY poo poo AND I HOPE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER DIES BEFORE WE EVEN MEET NEGAN

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

Last on-topic post I'll make, and gently caress spoiler tags because gently caress all of you: Dwight's face gets loving BURNED BY NEGAN because Dwight fucks HIS wife, who is now also NEGAN'S wife. This clearly happens some time between the scene you linked and the scene where Dwight arrows the doctor, which is why Dwight did NOT escape the Saviors, which is why the motorcycle is back WITH the Saviors, which is why Dwight is running WITH the Saviors still. That's the storyline. That's how it goes. Dwight will tell this story at a later date to make you hate Negan even more.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

AE posted:

---

Just keep the meltdown going dude. Eventually you'll win.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

This thread had gotten a lot better, what happened?

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

AE posted:

ALRIGHT HEY IT'S CLEAR YOU GUYS THINK WORD COUNT INDICATES A MELTDOWN. NO. THIS IS A MELTDOWN. MELTDOWN HAPPENS WHEN YOU loving CUNTS WON'T DROP IT AND KEEP THE THREAD ON TRACK. COOL, I GUESS I'LL JUST LEAVE THE loving THREAD THEN. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS A lovely PLACE FOR ME TO GO. I'LL GO TALK ABOUT MY FAVORITE SHOW SOMEWHERE ELSE, SOMEWHERE WITH LESS friend of the family FAGGOTS SO EAT MY poo poo AND I HOPE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER DIES BEFORE WE EVEN MEET NEGAN

Who's Naygun?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And you said you aren't melting down lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This... this is history being made.

The Walking Dead S6 - "RIP in Peace AE"

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
Wow.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

AE posted:

I think you mean fewer friend of the family faggots

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

This thread had gotten a lot better, what happened?

It got even more betterer

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

AE's just like 2 seconds away from getting an arrow through the eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

• Locked thread