Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

bobfather posted:

Are you thick?

i am :dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Tim "i'm thinking printers" Cook

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
the ipad mini is the only ipad that should exist

also i'm pretty sure nobody actually bought an ipad pro

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

broken clock opsec posted:

the ipad mini is the only ipad that should exist

i saw a guy at work with one, but it's the only one i've ever seen. it may be less popular than the watch

it's loving yuuuuge may as well be a macbook

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
forums poster internaut! did

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what the gently caress? goddamn double post

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Management posted:

it's a keyboard bug but only awful seems to trigger it

that app sure is something awful

*sitcom crowd goes wild, hoots*

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

ah yes, windows 8. it was the first operating system to allow you to have two programs open at the same time. everyone shamelessly just copying microsoft's innovation there

okay, so they ripped off blit in the same exact way microsoft did in windows 8, is that better?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
http://www.theonion.com/article/weeping-tim-cook-spotted-screaming-for-help-at-ste-32104

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines posted:

okay, so they ripped off blit in the same exact way microsoft did in windows 8, is that better?
windows 1.0 (1985) had side by side tiling windows. idk what the gently caress "blit" is.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

broken clock opsec posted:

it sold more than all Surface Pros combined since launch in it's first few quarters, iirc.

and they seemed to sell to capacity, as in they sold all they could manufacture and therefore as much as they expected to sell

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

windows 1.0 (1985) had side by side tiling windows. idk what the gently caress "blit" is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blit_%28computer_terminal%29

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there's now a USB-C to Lightning cable, does that mean it's USB 3.0 basically?

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/21/apple-lightning-to-usb-c-cable-adapter-ipad-pro/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it means they realized people might want a way to plug their apple phone into their apple computer that didn't require daisy chaining dongles

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

now that syncing phones with iTunes is not a thing, i charge via computer a small minority of the time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao

quote:

Calling this a new phone is like a putting a wig on a body pillow and naming it Samantha.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
why would i put a wig on my cyberdwarf pillow?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol theyre mad

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/jonyiveparody/status/711975762480513024

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if they can make a 4.7" iPhone SE in 1-2 years Android will be pretty hosed. they'll still sell phones at no profit or a loss by giving away free tablets and watches with them, but even without the SE in the market this is killing Android OEMs.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I have an iPad pro, it's cool and nice and the extra real estate is good for creating things

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

if they can make a 4.7" iPhone SE in 1-2 years Android will be pretty hosed

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idiots when steve brought out a million variations of its most popular hardware, the ipod: this is good. wow steve. love. such genius.

idiots now tim is doing the same for iphone and ipad: wow what an idiot. bring back steve. what is tim doing??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"i cant believe appl e is following the same business model it has been now for the past 15 years!" - some noob posters who dont know anything

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

stux - an idiot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

iphone models: small, medium and large
ipad models: small, medium and large
ipod models: extremely small, very small, regular small, mini, medium, large, large with touchscreen

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
keep on meltin' down stux

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stux posted:

iphone models: small, medium and large
ipad models: small, medium and large
ipod models: extremely small, very small, regular small, mini, medium, large, large with touchscreen

maybe they should stop focusing on size and focus on making a good product for once.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

keep on meltin' down stux

the only thing melting down is the poor qualityi SoCs used in Fail non-apple hardware friend

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shaggar posted:

maybe they should stop focusing on size and focus on making a good product for once.

everything laucnehd after tim took over has been perfect. please do not blame tim for the sins of the father (steve)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the ipod mini was good because it came in a bunch of colors and was trendy

bring back the fun colors from the early 00s. i'm talking a g3-themed ipad with a translucent, recycled plastic shell

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Stux posted:

"i cant believe appl e is following the same business model it has been now for the past 15 years!" - some noob posters who dont know anything

it's been almost 20 years since Steve went back to apple and laid this out

code:
          Consumer  Pro
Laptop    iBook     PowerBook
Desktop   iMac      Mac Pro
and they made the iBook and iMac in ~7 colours lol.

thankfully the only person complaining about "SKU's" is a troll account so i think people are learning

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I just wish they would make a black phone with actual black anodized metal instead of the dumb space gay

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Stux posted:

the only thing melting down is the poor qualityi SoCs used in Fail non-apple hardware friend

please have faith in Liam

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
also make the touch id ring into a led light that glows when you have notifications

and make it work like a scroll wheel so I can scroll pages without touching the screen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

there's now a USB-C to Lightning cable, does that mean it's USB 3.0 basically?

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/21/apple-lightning-to-usb-c-cable-adapter-ipad-pro/

not necessarily. there's usb 2 usb-c.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
remember, the angrier nerds are, the more successful an apple product will be

• Locked thread