Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

there wolf posted:

Sexual predation is only a social ill when it happens to hypothetical women and girls.

Much like abortions vs child welfare, "we only care about the ideas we can project on someone, not the people themselves".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

ManlyGrunting posted:

It's the old stereotype of using a broom to bang on your ceiling when your upstairs neighbours are being overly loud in an apartment; the racists downstairs are making a ton of racket but the EU is instead telling the drowned Syrian boy to quiet down.

:smith:

Brutal.

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014
https://twitter.com/AnnTelnaes/status/711953364721012736

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I found the Cruz parasite cartoon I was thinking of, turns out it was done by Danziger: http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/store/add.php?iid=100199

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Speaking of weirdly not-poo poo McKees...

I actually kinda like his style.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I'd love to see a contemporary political cartoon short animated movie in the style of Pixar. :allears:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'd love to see a contemporary political cartoon short animated movie in the style of Pixar. :allears:

Already done!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Already done!

Why.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Glenn McCoy posted:

Man I'll tell ya, with George Soros, Move-on, Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, Bill Ayers, The Republican establishment, The Clintons, Lindsey Graham, computer hackers, Sarah Silverman, and the View all lining up against him it's getting harder and harder to be anti-Trump.

Ahh, here it is. The expected "I don't support Trump's racism (because Democrats are the Real Racists) but I'll still vote for him because liberals hurt my fee-fees" pivot. In March. Have some self-respect, Glenn.

Also- George Soros! The View! loving Bill Ayers! You are most certainly not a wingnut crank.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Where does the little white cuck ball fit into all of this?

e: lmao forgot about the wordfilter

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 21, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

D.N. Nation posted:

Ahh, here it is. The expected "I don't support Trump's racism (because Democrats are the Real Racists) but I'll still vote for him because liberals hurt my fee-fees" pivot. In March. Have some self-respect, Glenn.

Also- George Soros! The View! loving Bill Ayers! You are most certainly not a wingnut crank.

Sarah Silverman is the Janine Garofolo of the 2010s

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nenonen posted:

Already done!

These Loss edits are getting harder and harder to parse.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I was wondering what a Confederate flag was doing in a cartoon about Europe, and welp..

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

Branco also made this cartoon

so I think it's p safe to say the slavery allusion was intentional

I always wondered why it bothered me so much that Branco depicted people he didn't like as evil, scowling, hitler-stache-mouths.

For some reason this is the cartoon where I realized it's because literally almost no one else does it. Erin Bonsteel and Glenn McCoy, maybe.

Instead, the bad guy is usually portrayed as dopey, smug, or in the case of Trump - making either of his weird protruding lips faces.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nenonen posted:

Already done!

I don't know if this analysis is really racist or just ironic, but judging by the trailer it seems to be exactly what they're going for.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Met posted:

I'm sure he knew exactly what he was portraying.

"This is what the democrats think of you. Actually, it's what I think of you."

Perfect example of the " '-a black guy' - a white guy" formula, though including Hillary in the wagon this time unintentionally makes a good point about whether or not she deserves the black vote.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kajeesus posted:

I don't know if this analysis is really racist or just ironic, but judging by the trailer it seems to be exactly what they're going for.
Good God that looks dire.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've never seen something so look so bland but also aggravating

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is it even plausible that an animated film could be commenting on events that happened 3-4 months ago?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Saint Sputnik posted:

Perfect example of the " '-a black guy' - a white guy" formula, though including Hillary in the wagon this time unintentionally makes a good point about whether or not she deserves the black vote.

No it doesn't. Republican tricks don't become alright if Sanderistas do them.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Is it even plausible that an animated film could be commenting on events that happened 3-4 months ago?

CG can be made much faster than traditional animation, if I'm not mistaken.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've never seen something so look so bland but also aggravating

Its amazing that the best video game movie ever might come out the same year as the new worst.

Yes, I'm including Boll's poo poo.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Fulchrum posted:

Its amazing that the best video game movie ever might come out the same year as the new worst.
What's the best?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Please do not allow Fulchrum to air his dumb opinions about media for children

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

What's the best?

The Ratchet and Clank movie that has direct input from Insomniac, all the original voice actors and is being made by the people who did Reboot.

It ain't high art but it can still beat out everything that came before.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kajeesus posted:

Angry Birds has cashed out. Whoever invented it to begin with must be laughing to the bank as tired parents drag their screaming kids to the theater.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Angry Birds has cashed out. Whoever invented it to begin with must be laughing to the bank as tired parents drag their screaming kids to the theater.

They didn't really even invent the game Either, they just ripped off a Newgrounds flash game. Ingenuity!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What the Hell...? Who made this? Why is strange the opposite of smart? Good stories is near Family Guy, who the gently caress thinks Family Guy has good stories?

What does any of this mean?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Irony Be My Shield posted:

South Park frequently comments on things that happened that week.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What the Hell...? Who made this? Why is strange the opposite of smart? Good stories is near Family Guy, who the gently caress thinks Family Guy has good stories?

What does any of this mean?

I regret to inform you that you're overqualified for a position in marketing.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

"Pig = rapist, therefore pig = Muslim because Muslim = rapist" is always racist, regardless of irony.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/711992372939194370

Conservative cartoonists will be punching out early tomorrow

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

colonel_korn posted:

Wow he broke his arm

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

South Park frequently comments on things that happened that week.

Have you seen 7 Days to Air? They do it completely differently from most other productions. Most animated stuff is written like a year in advance of release.

The Larch posted:

CG can be made much faster than traditional animation, if I'm not mistaken.

That's a fair point, but more true for television where they're re-using nearly all their assets after the pilot. A film budget means higher quality models that take more labor hours to produce. Things like interpolation help animators speed up the process, but the same is true of 2D stuff done in e.g. Flash.

That said, this could well be a movie that was shat out for money and didn't take longer than a week and a binge drinking session to write. The trailer makes it look done or almost done though, or they just picked those parts from the storyboard to do first for the trailer.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that the portrayal of the pigs involves at least unconsidered racism. But considering all the loving merchandising I've seen for Angry Birds I'd be surprised if the idea/rights purchases for the movie are less than 2 years old.

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 21, 2016

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

FishBulb posted:

Wow he broke his arm

I saw it as Obama dunking a basketball on is head because he is short. Is Obama a height supremacist?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

People have been afraid of muslims entering the country for a while now.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

colonel_korn posted:

lol Obama is power-dressing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Angry birds political sketch from years ago- https://youtu.be/bMltvlqEM54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Clinton was 16 years old in 1964. Hillary's not my favorite candidate either, but I think it's unfair to expect her to apologize for stuff she did when she was a literal child.

• Locked thread