Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Here is a big dump showing my last few months of purchases that are worth mentioning.

lovely Epson to replace the lovely hp which wouldn't feed paper anymore after 5 years.

To kill my liver and brain:

For my daughter, I might already have posted this?

For me and whoever in the house wants one:

For my son, he is 4 years old and loves pink and shiny stuff. He picked a gold ball.

At these times I am happy we live in a community where nobody really cares about gender roles.

For my mom's laptop until we can send it back to get the wifi repaired.

If you dont use your dvd drive a lot, they die on you. Good thing they are like :10bux:

I lended out my xbox to a friend who wanted to try Skyrim and it gave me an itch to play:

After that it was required to get an upgraded gfx card, the GTX650 which did it's best for three years just could not cope.

15 of these, they are discontinued and it is the only inexpensive shampoo not giving me a rash:

pianobooks, for me and my daughter

Also I got an engagement ring and then got engaged but I am not showing the ring because it is to personal. Consider me weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Keetron posted:

Also I got an engagement ring and then got engaged but I am not showing the ring because it is to personal. Consider me weird.

Congratulations, WEIRDO!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Keetron posted:

It's got elvish/klingon/dr. who reference poo poo on it... doesn't it?

Scarf has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Mar 21, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Keetron posted:

Oh you total loving weirdo! Not wanting to make a piece of jewelry common knowledge with the internet. Keeping all your stuff personal in your state of holy matrimony.

Hey everyone! Come look at the weirdo that loves and is loved by another person.

Come stare at the two of them as they seal their bond of love. What a couple of loving weirdos! WEIRDOS!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

It's elvish/klingon/dr. who reference poo poo on it... doesn't it?

You know it does. Consider the site.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Keetron posted:

Congrats on your cheap ring. Please post the McDonalds reception pics.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Digital_Jesus posted:

Congrats on your cheap ring. Please post the McDonalds reception pics.

Also the flower girl dress you bought your son.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Keetron posted:

Found it!

But, congrats! Weirdo....

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Speaking of wedding related rings, I went through with mine this past Saturday and I'm really not digging wearing this ring 24/7, especially after googling "ring avulsion" which apparently happened to Jimmy Fallon last Summer. Have any married people here switched to a silicone ring for daily use and have any in particular they recommend?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

My silicone ring is alright and sort of comfortable. I work a job where I routinely wear latex gloves and hand wash so the moisture buildup underneath it makes my skin feel funny after a while. The snugness of it traps the moisture under it more than a regular metal ring. Sometimes I go ringless at work though, too.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Hey, tools.

Finishing sander

Hammer driver/drill

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I only wear my ring when I'm out with my wife because I find it very uncomfortable while working.
Thankfully I look like a thumb so nobody bothers to ever hit on me.
I should probably put it on nice necklace instead.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I only take my ring off if I'm working on something it could get caught on, like a car or bike. We upgraded our rings from a matching pair of silver that we both abused the hell out of to a pair of matching dark tungsten rings which are going on a year old and holding up beautifully.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

My daily wear ring is a titanium ring now. I like it. It doesn't matter that much at work since me and her both work together, too.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

I only wear my ring when I'm out with my wife because I find it very uncomfortable while working.
Thankfully I look like a thumb so nobody bothers to ever hit on me.
I should probably put it on nice necklace instead.

Alright thanks for the advice goons. I look more like a mediocre index finger than a thumb so I went ahead and ordered a gray silicone ring with two lines around it, then two alternate leather braided necklaces to hang the real ring on in case she's offended if the actual ring isn't always with me.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Meh. I had my gold band break my finger a few years back and ER personnel had a hell of a time cutting it off (the ring). I haven't really worn a ring since then. My wife doesn't either.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Meh. I had my gold band break my finger a few years back and ER personnel had a hell of a time cutting it off (the ring). I haven't really worn a ring since then. My wife doesn't either.

Don't titanium and tungsten rings give ER real problems when removing in an emergency?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

davebo posted:

Speaking of wedding related rings, I went through with mine this past Saturday and I'm really not digging wearing this ring 24/7, especially after googling "ring avulsion" which apparently happened to Jimmy Fallon last Summer. Have any married people here switched to a silicone ring for daily use and have any in particular they recommend?

My wife wears a silicon ring when she's at work, because she needs to wear latex gloves for a lot of what she does (vet tech), and her ring would tear through a glove or get caught by an animal pretty easily. She has a qalo ring that she seems to like pretty well.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

spog posted:

Don't titanium and tungsten rings give ER real problems when removing in an emergency?

Yes. The nurses were quite worried that it was anything but soft gold. The first tool they used was a miniature Dremel-type device with a curved backstop they slip between ring and finger. They mucked around with that for quite a while but had to finish the job with more traditional mechanical shears.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If I lose my left ring finger I can finally realize my dream of becoming an assassin.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

davebo posted:

I really wish I hadnt googled that. I didnt see "degloving" and assumed it was just a bit of swelling/infection or something.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just got a ridiculous good deal on a mower to tackle our new yard!

Ariens max zoom 60 inch cut kohler

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I really only wear mine at work or going out. Wearing it while sleeping, showering, working out just all seem weird to me. Moisture under it bothers me like someone mentioned above too, I always move my ring around when I'm drying my hands after washing them to help reduce that problem.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I have this, loving great drill. Grab another battery if you're going to be using it a lot, the battery will charge a load faster than the one you're using but the 15/20 minute downtime if you've not got a spare is annoying. Solid kit though. enjoy!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

88h88 posted:

I have this, loving great drill. Grab another battery if you're going to be using it a lot, the battery will charge a load faster than the one you're using but the 15/20 minute downtime if you've not got a spare is annoying. Solid kit though. enjoy!

Same

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
After much debate, I've upgraded to a Kindle Voyage.

I'm very happy with it so far, and being able to pay it off in more manageable pieces definitely helps (I think this is a Prime perk?). I got the natural leather origami case for it too and love the feel of it. Nice and sturdy for reading hands-free. Now to find someone who will buy my old one (Paperwhite) off me...

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

a new cheap soundbar because my old one kicked it after 4 years.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Solid Cake posted:

I'm very happy with it so far, and being able to pay it off in more manageable pieces definitely helps (I think this is a Prime perk?). I got the natural leather origami case for it too and love the feel of it. Nice and sturdy for reading hands-free. Now to find someone who will buy my old one (Paperwhite) off me...

I've got a paperwhite as well. What do you like about the voyage over paperwhite?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Solid Cake posted:

I might be interested in the paper white if you can convince me I'd use it. I don't have an e-reader and just read the forums in bed on my iPhone.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

I might be interested in the paper white if you can convince me I'd use it. I don't have an e-reader and just read the forums in bed on my iPhone.

its great if you're travelling and don't want to lug a tome around, especially if you're like me and read 5-6 books simultaneously because ADD

also :filez: torrents + calibre = a lot cheaper than buying actual books

but yeah if you don't actually like reading i'm drawing a blank.. there isn't really much else to do on a kindle

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Opioid posted:

I've got a paperwhite as well. What do you like about the voyage over paperwhite?

Honestly my original reason for wanting to switch is pretty stupid - I liked the fact that the Voyage's screen is flush with the bezel. I always had issues keeping the space where the screen meets the bezel on the Paperwhite free of dust and fuzzes even though it has always been kept in a case and it bugged me. Definitely satisfied as far as that goes. I've been using it for a few days and while I didn't think I'd care about it when I was still considering the purchase, I've come to really love the PagePress buttons on the sides of the screen. You just kinda squeeze the edge and the page turns, giving a tiny bit of haptic feedback to let you know you've squeezed hard enough. I like using that way more than swiping the screen.

Seems more responsive and feels a lot nicer in hand since it's not made of plastic (this is magnesium and a non-glare glass). The text also seems crisper on the Voyage than on the Paperwhite.

I didn't need to upgrade, but I'm very pleased that I did.

Josh Lyman posted:

I guess it's just a matter of how much you read whether it'd be useful to you or not. I definitely notice that I don't get the eye strain using it that I do reading things on a computer or tablet, so if you read a lot this is a bonus for sure. You can carry tons of books around, check out books from your local library with it (disclaimer: this does require a computer, you can't do it directly from the device), and even send articles to it for reading later with a service like Readability or Pocket. The battery lasts forever too, like a month, so you don't really have to worry about your battery level like you would on a phone or tablet.

It's just personal taste, I guess. My boyfriend reads way more than I do and I can't sell him on it even though I absolutely love mine.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solid Cake posted:

If you couldn't afford to pay $200 in one go, you can't afford five payments of $40 either.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Josh Lyman posted:

Do you like reading classic literature? Look up Project Gutenberg, download all the free .mobi files of all the out-of-copyright books you could ever want, and never run out of reading material.

strikeforcerules
Sep 16, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

If you couldn't afford to pay $200 in one go, you can't afford five payments of $40 either.

Eh, that seems kind of reductionist. But can't say I disagree entirely.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

It's free to defer payment, so why not? I'm already paying for lasers in my eyes, I think I'm already over on my Things I Don't Really Need budget this month. I appreciate your concern for my financial well being though.

edit: oops just noticed who posted that :doh:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Mar 22, 2016

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR
I bought my house with a large suitcase of cash. Mortgages are for the financially inept.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Opioid posted:

I bought my house with a large suitcase of cash. Mortgages are for the financially inept.

Same/agreed, but I used a check because I'm not a cartoon character.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PCOS Bill posted:

Same/agreed, but I used a check because I'm not a cartoon character.

Well there goes my mental image of you.

I always find it incredibly helpful to have strangers on the internet give out financial advice. Let's hear a lot more of it please.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Same/agreed, but I used a check because I live in the 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm trying to decide between a Sous Vide, a *New* 3DS or saving up MUCH more for a Surface.

I could buy all three but I have to pretend to be a smart and savvy adult.