Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kataphract
Oct 15, 2015

ImplicitAssembler posted:

2 things:
-It's the first time he's screwed up, after a year of being of barely putting a foot wrong when everyone expected him to fail due to his age
-His dad is a known dickhead

Those 2 factors makes it much more fun to go after him, whereas had it been Sainz doing it, it wouldn't have gotten anywhere this much attention.

Like I said, he's young. Considering how much Hamilton whines (and I've been rooting for Lewis since he entered F1), Max having a hissy fit in frustration is just one of those things in life he'll have to learn how to work through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
So at what age will we stop excusing whiny hissy fit tantrums? I guess retirement age cause Fernando and Super Seb were doing it last year or the year before.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

So at what age will we stop excusing whiny hissy fit tantrums? I guess retirement age cause Fernando and Super Seb were doing it last year or the year before.

Well Alonso managed it from beyond the grave, because he died and was rebuilt into an indistructable Spanish automaton.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don't think they ever stop whining tbh. See; Sir J Stewart for more information.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Also Max's biggest race mistake was at Monaco and pretty much exactly what happened to Alonso w/ Gutierrez.

We're lucky, just imagine the hype if he were British.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

dreesemonkey posted:

Also Max's biggest race mistake was at Monaco and pretty much exactly what happened to Alonso w/ Gutierrez.

Max was never going to make that corner at Monaco

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dreesemonkey posted:

The key difference is where Max bitched and moaned about how Grossjean brake checked him, Alonso looked at a horrific crash that could've seriously injured him and said it was a racing incident. Nothing is ever Max's fault, it's always another driver, the team, the air pressure that day, etc.

Methinks the bitchboy doth protest too much.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

The key difference is where Max bitched and moaned about how Grossjean brake checked him,

Hah, I had happily forgotten about that. Point taken....

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Reminder that Pastor Maldonado never whined, he just kept on trucking.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Did pastor ever say anything other than "I crash" over the radio and "I don't know what happen yet" to the press afterwards?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Pastor honestly never blamed anyone for his crashes, he's a good lad who means well.

Even in cases where he got taken out like in Australia or Abu Babby last year, he never blamed anyone.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

El Hefe posted:

Reminder that Pastor Maldonado never whined, he just kept on trucking.

Who? Does he race in F1?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I miss the lad. Imagine a Pastor/Jo Palmer team, mmm.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
someone's salty over their ballot stuffing not working out

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

quote:

Were the same rules applied to the rest of the field as they were to Rio?

ITS A CONSPIRACY our eagle eyed reporter typed furiously.

edit: Hold up /narrows eyes. One of those lines seems eerily familiar. Was that written by a goon? Own up, which one of you is it

Edit again: "Following the qualification fiasco in Melbourne, this is yet another example of how F1 thinks then acts without worrying about how to implement it. They could not organize a piss up in a brewery." this is a rewording of one of my posts. I'm on to you Rio fan.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 22, 2016

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

this is bigger than the JFK assassination and 9/11

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Where are they getting those voting numbers from?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That's a perfectly legitimate question and set of answers to be fair

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It was pretty good when people in this thread didn't realize the "Checked the results on Wikipedia" guy was joking, but if anyone actually believes that's a non-comedy site, this thread has gone beyond worst.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'd say "Very". despite constant drama and scandal and existing on a totally not sustainable model, they manage to keep the series going every year, and are in fact adding new teams and new races.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd like to uh look up Claire Williams on uh Wikipedia if you catch my drift

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Alonso says that when he got out of the car he thought the car was still spinning lol

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Goetta posted:

I'd read her data entry if you know what I mean, fellas

:suicide:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
On a serious note, how did Wicka get probated and was it something he said in this thread?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GramCracker posted:

On a serious note, how did Wicka get probated and was it something he said in this thread?

Click on the link in the Leper's Colony come on dude.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

You Am I posted:

Every time I click it I get a 502 - Bad Gateway link. Maybe his reason was so heinous it transcends Leper Colony.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
halos came up again.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rhopunzel posted:

Every time I click it I get a 502 - Bad Gateway link. Maybe his reason was so heinous it transcends Leper Colony.

He got probated for saying that McLaren are good and that Alonso is glad to be at McLaren

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Goetta posted:

Here you go fella https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claire_Williams_(motorsport) I would open her wiki... bah I don't want another probation with dad jokes :(

if you know what I mean fellas

:smug:

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 22, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Man that wiki entry is pretty bare. It's kind of sad.

If I could find that article where she talked about how she got embarrassed when Ayrton Senna turned up unexpectedly at her dad's place and he saw her in her pajamas I'd edit it in, but I can't remember where I read it. :saddowns:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

darth cookie posted:

Man that wiki entry is pretty bare. It's kind of sad.

If I could find that article where she talked about how she got embarrassed when Ayrton Senna turned up unexpectedly at her dad's place and he saw her in her pajamas I'd edit it in, but I can't remember where I read it. :saddowns:

Weird you say that, because I saw on Sky a Legends of F1 episode a couple of days ago, which was about Senna, and Claire Williams mentions that incident. She said she was mortified as a 15 year old in just her pyjamas who had a huge crush on him for him to see her like that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My Lewis' reaction times have tanked theory may not be so wild after all.

Toto: “Lewis was a couple of metres worse than Nico's from what we measured and I'm not quite sure whether it was a hardware or software problem or just reaction.”

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Did Lewis insist on wearing those stupid glasses in the car? That'd explain it.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?

darth cookie posted:

Did Lewis insist on wearing those stupid glasses in the car? That'd explain it.

It was the Mr. T gold necklace slowing him down.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Kataphract posted:

Considering how much Hamilton whines (and I've been rooting for Lewis since he entered F1), Max having a hissy fit in frustration is just one of those things in life he'll have to learn how to work through.

Whining on the radio is one thing, like someone else mentioned, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel all do that. The point was Max was crying about not being given a free pass on his teammate. Say what you like, I don't think I've ever heard Lewis crying that he has to overtake someone.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Vettel did though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Vettel is a four time fizzy drink champion though so we can cut him some slack

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

You Am I posted:

I can't, I get the same error:

Rhopunzel posted:

Just assuming it was one of his "rants" that bothered a worse poster. I'd be surprised if it was something outside of that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rip wicka; he died for our sins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Vettel is a four time fizzy drink champion though so we can cut him some slack

Sebastian Vettel won all four of his WDC's without cheating and we all love him.

Vettel FTW

1500quidporsche posted:

Rip wicka; he died for our sins.

He was definitely not buttcaremad at all telling everyone to shut up and calling everyone an idiot every five seconds. He was insanely calm.

• Locked thread