Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Comic posted:

I remember trying Okage back in the day and was really enjoying the wierd style and everything about it except for the fact that if your main character falls in battle it's game over.

Yeah some other games are harsh in this way as well. That is probably the best advice for anyone trying out okage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I didn't get to play Okage but I did mistake it for Stretch Panic at Blockbuster which was also a really cool game with it's own style but looking back it was pretty much a glorified tech demo but a good one. The majority of the game was boss battles each with their own style.

Wonder if that will ever show up on PS4

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I replayed Remember Me a while ago and ended up liking it more than during my first playthrough. It's a flawed game with an interesting premise and great graphic/sound design. During my second playthrough I used the French dub which probably helped since I can't tell whether they're good or not... Just don't do what I did and play it on hard difficulty - the fighting system is too limited for it to be worth the trouble. The worst thing about the game is all the missed potential, but it's not a "bad" game imho, just flawed, and with really dumb dialogue.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

So there's no bejeweled for PS4 or Vita (how is there no bejeweled for PS4 or Vita, EA?). Are there any good match-3 games for those systems? Preferably without microtransactions?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

xedo posted:

So there's no bejeweled for PS4 or Vita (how is there no bejeweled for PS4 or Vita, EA?). Are there any good match-3 games for those systems? Preferably without microtransactions?

puyopuyotetris is a matching game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

xedo posted:

Puzzle Quest just came out for PS4 :)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

xedo posted:

So there's no bejeweled for PS4 or Vita (how is there no bejeweled for PS4 or Vita, EA?). Are there any good match-3 games for those systems?
I see a lot of people enjoying the Montezuma games on Vita, but ...

xedo posted:

Preferably without microtransactions?
Those exist?! Up until now i would've thought asking for such similar to asking for unicorn steak.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mithaldu posted:

Those exist?! Up until now i would've thought asking for such similar to asking for unicorn steak.

axleblaze posted:

Puzzle Quest just came out for PS4 :)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vita has a No Heroes Allowed match-3 game. It's F2P with micro transactions but thankfully there's one for about $10 (presumably what it would have normally cost as a normal PSN game) that removes the energy mechanic and gives you all the other DLC stuff they offer.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

That is commendable.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

xedo posted:

Gems of War on PS4 is a F2P match-3 by the original creators of Puzzle Quest. You can completely ignore the microtransactions. You get plenty by playing the game, and they only speed up progression a bit. No energy mechanic or any of that bullshit.

Only downsides are that the PS4 version is not cross-play with the iOS/Android/Steam version, and the PS4 version is several major game updates behind because a separate developer did the port.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

grrarg posted:

Gems of War on PS4 is a F2P match-3 by the original creators of Puzzle Quest. You can completely ignore the microtransactions. You get plenty by playing the game, and they only speed up progression a bit. No energy mechanic or any of that bullshit.

Only downsides are that the PS4 version is not cross-play with the iOS/Android/Steam version, and the PS4 version is several major game updates behind because a separate developer did the port.

I downloaded this game while drunk thinking that it'd be fun to play and then I would delete it once sober the next day. In reality it ate away like three weeks worth of my gaming time.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks for the great suggestions everybody!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Policenaut posted:

Vita has a No Heroes Allowed match-3 game. It's F2P with micro transactions but thankfully there's one for about $10 (presumably what it would have normally cost as a normal PSN game) that removes the energy mechanic and gives you all the other DLC stuff they offer.

This is a good game.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Ineffiable posted:

Okage Shadow king is coming to ps4 as a ps2 classic. Now it's not the most amazing rpg, but it's not too long, and it is actually charming for its time. I'm buying it because it has a dear place in my heart. I can't recommend it to everyone unless you're willing to put up with mediocre combat (compared to what you can play these days)

Yes yes yes

Okage isn't great to play but it is super charming and I love it

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Hamsterlady posted:

Yes yes yes

Okage isn't great to play but it is super charming and I love it

I am so excited for this. I can't wait to get the trophy I deserve for collecting all the gears.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Fru Fru posted:

I am so excited for this. I can't wait to get the trophy I deserve for collecting all the gears.

Do ps2 classics have trophies? I've never bought one

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hamsterlady posted:

Do ps2 classics have trophies? I've never bought one

The PS2 classics on the PS3 don't, but the new PS2 ports on the PS4 do.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

abagofcheetos posted:

The PS2 classics on the PS3 don't, but the new PS2 ports on the PS4 do.

Oh man, that's really cool. Can't wait to get all the trophies in one of my favorite ps2 games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I keep buying the PS2 ports and they keep making me sad with how poorly they've aged

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I enjoyed playing through dark cloud 2 last month

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Fru Fru posted:

Oh yeah I forgot all of that. Was there any gears that are missable?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I keep buying the PS2 ports and they keep making me sad with how poorly they've aged

I cant believe how bad camera control is in war of the monsters and level5 rpgs

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I would kill for a modern war of the monsters 2.

That godzilla on ps4 doesn't count because its controls are somehow worse.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Ineffiable posted:

Oh yeah I forgot all of that. Was there any gears that are missable?

None of them can be missed. There are also a couple extra gears you don't need to collect in order to get the gear sword

Wendell
May 11, 2003

grrarg posted:

This was a great suggestion! So fun! Thank you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I was a lil kid I was given a copy of Okage and it took me like a couple weeks to beat. All I really remember is that I adored the hell out of it's art style and characters and that it ends on a sequel hook.

Saw the news that it's coming to the ps4 and I'm super debating on picking it up and going through it again or letting it hang out in my memories, I don't want another Golden Sun where I go back to a classic game and it winds up making me hate it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaphod42 posted:

I would kill for a modern war of the monsters 2.

That godzilla on ps4 doesn't count because its controls are somehow worse.

It did its job by feeling simultaneously like you were controlling a lumbering 100ft lizard and like a guy in a rubber suit who couldn't see very well knocking against cardboard buildings and other guys in rubber suits.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Will PS Vue use my wallet funds when the trial is over?

Also, should I buy the mega edition of Peggle 2 for $1.50 if I already have the base game and like one of the DLC guys (the owl I believe)?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When I was a lil kid I was given a copy of Okage and it took me like a couple weeks to beat. All I really remember is that I adored the hell out of it's art style and characters and that it ends on a sequel hook.

Saw the news that it's coming to the ps4 and I'm super debating on picking it up and going through it again or letting it hang out in my memories, I don't want another Golden Sun where I go back to a classic game and it winds up making me hate it.

The art aged better than most first generation ps2 games, the characters and writing are still charming. The gameplay is slow and repetitive but not offensively bad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Syrinxx posted:

Will PS Vue use my wallet funds when the trial is over?

Also, should I buy the mega edition of Peggle 2 for $1.50 if I already have the base game and like one of the DLC guys (the owl I believe)?

I setup the trial and it did mention at the end it will use the wallet, auto adding any amount missing.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Xposting from PS4 thread:

The story of two games that I thought should pull me in but didnt:

- Salt and Sanctuary looks right up my alley and I think it's good to support indie devs, but the complete lack of a map (Super Metroid had this, there's no excuse) for a 2d environment and the extremely muted colortone/offputting graphical style made it a pass for me. Besides, as is the trend with indie games on PSN, it'll probably be a freebie in the next 3-4 months. Plus, DSIII in a few weeks.

- I wanted to buy The Division, because I enjoyed the beta, then I realized it's basically Destiny On Foot In New York with even less variety and no competitive multiplayer outside of the Dark Zone, with a minimum of a $100 investment if you want to keep up on the content. Pass.

In the meantime I started playing Guacamelee and that poo poo is great. Beautiful, vibrant, great game mechanics and tons to explore.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Guacamelee is nice, but it's good to know in advance that it's linear as a loving ruler and once you've played it once, that's it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Guacamelee is nice, but it's good to know in advance that it's linear as a loving ruler and once you've played it once, that's it.

it's not really that linear if you're going for getting all the collectables. story-wise, sure, it's not quite like Super Metroid where you can do things in a bunch of different orders, but there's plenty to do backtracking with new powers to get more stuff. plus, the extra challenges to get the mask pieces are usually pretty good.

and if you're a trophy whore, there's always the hard-mode trophy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Guacamelee is cool

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hamsterlady posted:

The art aged better than most first generation ps2 games, the characters and writing are still charming. The gameplay is slow and repetitive but not offensively bad.

Oh I'm aware! I'm pretty sure I was active in your LP thread on it (though a buncha details did leave me since that run) :v:

I'm just not sure if it would be fun to go through on my own time really, 'specially when I can just read through it again and all that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Europe got Bully and Manhunt for PS4 and XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus for Vita out of nowhere.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus-ps-vita-bully-manhunt-ps4-now-available-uk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Europe got Bully and Manhunt for PS4 and XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus for Vita out of nowhere.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus-ps-vita-bully-manhunt-ps4-now-available-uk

oh poo poo bully on ps4! does the ps2 version hold up to the 360 release?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Do we know if it's a PS2PS4 release or if it's a remaster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

The only difference is a couple of extra classes and making collectables easier to find iirc

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do we know if it's a PS2PS4 release or if it's a remaster?

It's definitely the PS2 version

• Locked thread