Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cowcaster posted:

I've been calling Black Baby Goku Retard 4

Nice one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A.o.D. posted:

I'm sure Bethesda will release expansive mod support enabling this.

:negative:
You mean like Snapmap?

Like seriously I'm pretty sure any really obvious modes we want that aren't included in the base game will get developed by the community via Snapmap within an hour of launch.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pomp posted:

is it confirmed that there's not going to be any sort of movement than running around?

There's running, which doom had, although most everybody had always run turned on. Lots of the footage people are being dumb and not running, its not doom fast when you're running but it is pretty quick. I'm definitely turning on always run assuming there is such a thing (there's no stamina bar or limit to running or anything stupid like that) so that with jumping and rocket jumping is pretty decent.

I'll have to see how it feels in practice though.

Cowcaster posted:

haha

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

You mean like Snapmap?

Like seriously I'm pretty sure any really obvious modes we want that aren't included in the base game will get developed by the community via Snapmap within an hour of launch.

I was under the impression that Snapmap was more akin to the Portal 2 community testing initiative than an actual set of mod development tools.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Welp, I went ahead and ordered the special edition so I too can have an overpriced agitating skeleton statue wasting space in my room.

Also grabbed that UAC shirt because I'm a huge turbonerd that likes game apparel that only other huge turbonerds will get

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A.o.D. posted:

I was under the impression that Snapmap was more akin to the Portal 2 community testing initiative than an actual set of mod development tools.
The way I've seen it described, it lets you make completely new game modes wholesale, like Forge. So if the base game doesn't have Deathmatch or whatever, you can create it in Snapmap.

There's a Quakecon video about it on YouTube; I'm phone posting right now but I'll be on my computer in a sec and I'll find it.

Edit: Snapmap video: http://youtu.be/9-yT1l_4QZs

Edit again: another video http://youtu.be/q1s7dxotmoo

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 22, 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cowcaster posted:

:perfect:

So I assume I'm getting some kind of multiplayer beta access for pre-ordering Wolfenstein TNO, when's that?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dewgy posted:

:perfect:

So I assume I'm getting some kind of multiplayer beta access for pre-ordering Wolfenstein TNO, when's that?
Did you redeem your access code that came with Wolf TNO? If so you'll get emailed your beta access instructions before the beta launches on March 31st.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Xenomrph posted:

Did you redeem your access code that came with Wolf TNO? If so you'll get emailed your beta access instructions before the beta launches on March 31st.

Mine was digital, so I think it just auto-redeemed it for me.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

No one in this thread got to play in the alpha? That poo poo was fun on the bun. Within the first day there was already a strategy for taking out the mutator that turned you into a Revenant. And the super shotgun was fun as hell to kill people with. No radar, health pickups that would auto pickup, hidden little spaces to ambush people. Towards the end you could start timing the appearance of armor shards laying around, quad damage, armor vests etc. Even though it was only an alpha team death match it was super fun.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Nah, I pay attention to the plots in games, I just think my shareware copy may have had those sequences cut out. Videogame plots are awesome and ridiculous, the problem is when you start analyze them like you're writing your senior thesis on "War and Peace". People should just chill out and enjoy the zaniness that is video game plot justification.

There was no shareware version of doom 2

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jiro posted:

No one in this thread got to play in the alpha? That poo poo was fun on the bun. Within the first day there was already a strategy for taking out the mutator that turned you into a Revenant. And the super shotgun was fun as hell to kill people with. No radar, health pickups that would auto pickup, hidden little spaces to ambush people. Towards the end you could start timing the appearance of armor shards laying around, quad damage, armor vests etc. Even though it was only an alpha team death match it was super fun.

i mean as long as 1v1 is fun and has a semblance of arena shooter strategy i'll probably have some fun until UT4 has more players (hahahaha) but I hecka wanna go fast or have movement techniques that allow a similar sort of dynamic.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Andrew Verse posted:

No deathmatch? What the gently caress are they doing over there?

:negative:

and no CTF? I am disappointed.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Surely there's DM. You can't even choose TDM and put players on their own team?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

There's Deathmatch. References to it were found in the Alpha files.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There isn't

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Xenomrph posted:

The way I've seen it described, it lets you make completely new game modes wholesale, like Forge. So if the base game doesn't have Deathmatch or whatever, you can create it in Snapmap.

From what I've read snapmap stuff has a 4 player limit though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm glad freeze tag is coming back, I actually played freeze tag mods for Quake 3 back in the day and had fun with that. But lack of CTF is ridiculous.

A.o.D. posted:

Its more like the latest version of Forge on Halo 5. It is an in-game editor like Portal 2, but it allows you to script things so its much more powerful than Portal 2.

Whether we can make CTF with the scripts or not is hard to say, but it is possible.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Haha, classic doom trailer in the style of the new Doom 4 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkaC1-QoraY

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AirRaid posted:

From what I've read snapmap stuff has a 4 player limit though.

This sounds legitimately miserable.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

This is fantastic.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zaphod42 posted:

:holymoley:

Though there was an awful lot of Doom 2 in there. :spergin:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
He mixed up the monsters at the end :saddowns:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

And here's a side-by-side :cheeky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNcHhZm1cjE

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Capn Beeb posted:

Do you know of any good map packs for Doom 2 that work with Project Brutality?

Uh, not at the top of my head, but just grab whatever from this list and you'll be good.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Retard 4 posted:

There isn't

I've been calling you Retard 4

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm missing the satisfying "clack-clack-clack" from the early SSG but game looks fun.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 22, 2016

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The multiplayer alpha sucked rear end. Maybe it'll be good though and not just bad UT from what it played like.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jiro posted:

Kazvall posted:

The multiplayer alpha sucked rear end. Maybe it'll be good though and not just bad UT from what it played like.

Gonna have to wait until I can judge myself :v:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Zaphod42 posted:

I betcha if you did this with latest version of brutal doom the only difference would be the low resolution textures.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

I betcha if you did this with latest version of brutal doom the only difference would be the low resolution textures.

Not sure what you mean by this exactly. Brutal doom is mostly a gameplay mod on top of classic doom, so yeah of course it looks the same.

The texture resolution isn't even brutal doom for the most part, that's just texture filtering in the sourceport that you're playing brutal doom with. The same could be applied to classic doom without brutal. Brutal does smooth out the animations so it might improve the resolution too... but I don't think it does. If you want you can turn off texture filtering in your sourceport and play brutal doom with square pixels.

So it would actually look exactly the same and the only difference would be that blood would stick to the walls and the gun animations would be smoother :v:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Zaphod42 posted:

Not sure what you mean by this exactly. Brutal doom is mostly a gameplay mod on top of classic doom, so yeah of course it looks the same.

The texture resolution isn't even brutal doom for the most part, that's just texture filtering in the sourceport that you're playing brutal doom with. The same could be applied to classic doom without brutal. Brutal does smooth out the animations so it might improve the resolution too... but I don't think it does. If you want you can turn off texture filtering in your sourceport and play brutal doom with square pixels.

So it would actually look exactly the same and the only difference would be that blood would stick to the walls and the gun animations would be smoother :v:

Its a joke about the ridiculous melee executions that show up in the trailer(that is, the actual trailer for Doom 2016) and are all over brutal doom, it even has the one where doomguy rips the cacodemon's eye out .

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Its a joke about the ridiculous melee executions that show up in the trailer(that is, the actual trailer for Doom 2016) and are all over brutal doom, it even has the one where doomguy rips the cacodemon's eye out .

Whoops. /woosh

Haha yeah, we've made comparisons before in this thread between Doom 4 and brutal doom's executions. They've explicitly said that modern doom map making still being a popular thing as inspiring part of Doom 4's development, and they were probably talking about Brutal Doom when they said that. Which, brutal doom is just one little mod in the great sea of modern doom wads, but its definitely gotten a lot of attention and notoriety so I guess the devs heard about it more than other wads.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only a maybe on the SDK makes me sad. One day LM-CTF will come back

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Saw the multiplayer trailer...Where's my ADS and wall jumping? There's gotta be SOME reason it's called Call of Halo 4

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aidan_702 posted:

Saw the multiplayer trailer...Where's my ADS and wall jumping? There's gotta be SOME reason it's called Call of Halo 4
Maybe you're thinking of the Doom 4 they were working on before they scrapped it and started over? That pretty much looked like a CoD clone.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

khwarezm posted:

haha now I want to see someone do this.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Xenomrph posted:

Maybe you're thinking of the Doom 4 they were working on before they scrapped it and started over? That pretty much looked like a CoD clone.

He's right though in regards to Halo. The multiplayer video gave me some serious Halo MP vibes. Halo MP is fun, dont get me wrong. But it worries me when I see it in a DOOM game.

EDIT:
A matter of preference i guess. I think its really fun, and I completed the game with brutal doom installed so for me it worked.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 24, 2016

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's funny because brutal doom is novel for 10 minutes, then you realize it's not something anything doom related should be based off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i keep bringing it up, but play project brutality instead. it actually feels like something the devs would do if they'd come back to the game years later with a lot of ideas instead of just being some boring, edgy thing that's focused on ripping off limbs.