Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Isn't it stated pretty definitively that there hasn't been a real Pulse L'Cie since the war? They are real, yes, but the public hasn't seen one in like 500 years, so I'm not surprised they act like they don't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess but that still seems like a weird thing to think your sibling is lying about. The Vampire Lord doesn't exist but l'Cie do.

Pulse L'cie are the boogieman of the Cocoon world. The only reason they're even a thing is because Vanille and Fang woke up after 500 years. Cocoon L'cie also haven't been officially seen since the end of the war.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
When FFXIV announces they'll be releasing a dungeon that's basically Orphan's Cradle and the final boss is basically just Orphan and there's something that might just be Etro's Gate behind it this thread will just explode with FF13 talk.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

Pulse L'cie are the boogieman of the Cocoon world. The only reason they're even a thing is because Vanille and Fang woke up after 500 years. Cocoon L'cie also haven't been officially seen since the end of the war.
Except, you know, the not-sun. I might be misremembering since its all in cinematics but the power plant one seems like one workers could just walk up to too.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If there's a FF14 announcement related to FF13 its that Lightning is a new Primal because she has always been in our hearts forever.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tempo 119 posted:

No it isn't

haha, i walked right into that one

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

zedprime posted:

Except, you know, the not-sun. I might be misremembering since its all in cinematics but the power plant one seems like one workers could just walk up to too.

GOD YOU IDIOT! Those are fal'Cie, not l'Cie! How much clearer could they be?!

Just kidding oh god don't get back into this topic

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Man I should not have gone straight from XIII-2 into LR, it's taken way too long to get used to paying any attention whatsoever to combat and I've frequently been getting my rear end kicked.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Oh no I like FF13 I am sorry. I can never argue that they are actually clear terms ever again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

zedprime posted:

Fal'Cie are the Gods like the ones who feed everyone or powers their electricity, L'Cie are the humans they choose for tasks and brand with their marks. Since the war with Pulse was looooong over and the people on Pulse extremely dead while there were still plenty of Pulse and Cocoon Fal'Cie, there weren't any more Cocoon or Pulse L'Cie.

zedprime posted:

If there's a FF14 announcement related to FF13 its that Lightning is a new Primal because she has always been in our hearts forever.

I unironically want Primal fights against Jecht and Tidus.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Tidus was never a summon, Bahamut lied, mods knew.

EDIT: Sorry, FAL'CIE KNEW

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gologle posted:

Tidus was never a summon
you're right, tidus was a dream :allears:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gologle posted:

Aeons are the dreams of the Fayth. Tidus is a dream of Fayth. I don't know how he's not a summon.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Square-Enix does a "mystery box" sale a couple times a year where for $10 (or equivalent) you get Steam codes for 4 or 5 games with the catch being you don't know what's in it beforehand. The last one had (among other things) FFXIII and FFXIV in it.

They're usually a good deal unless you already own DX:HR (which has been in multiple boxes) and most of the Thief/Hitman/Tomb Raider/Final Fantasy titles on Steam.

And as a consolidation/bonus, you get two coupon codes for some other Square games. Like, I got 20% for JC3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. So if you want to spend $80, go right ahead. :v:

Barudak posted:

I unironically want Primal fights against Jecht and Tidus.

Let's plan it:

Two part dungeon. One part has you fighting Jecht, then the twist that Tidus was eviller than his dad lets say and you have to kill Tidus. Jecht isn't repeatable but will give you all his unique loot in one shot, while Tidus is but you have to grind his face into the poopsock a bit.

Gologle posted:

Fal'cie did anime 9/11.

zedprime posted:

Just imagine the phrase "Lightning will make you poopsock".

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Momomo posted:

That scene was great, cause Lightning actually said "Worst birthday ever." You really gotta feel for the woman, everyone around her is so drat stupid.

The worst part is that she got a knife for her birthday. Who gives someone a knife for their birthday.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ventana posted:

The worst part is that she got a knife for her birthday. Who gives someone a knife for their birthday.

It's a cool knife and Lightning clearly has a thing for survival gear/weapons. It's a fine gift for a hardcore lady like Lightning.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Ventana posted:

My brother got a knife for his birthday. Granted, he was much younger than Lightning at the time and it was when he started hunting with the rest of the family but it doesn't strike me as all that weird.

What would you get someone like her for their birthday? I think a knife is closer to the mark than, say, clothes or video games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
uh, roses? easy

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

NikkolasKing posted:

Lumping XIII-2 with FFVIII in the "...and" category is not fair.

But I have no idea what this is referring to. It's a bundle of games? Digital downloads or something? What system?Then again, the only game from that bundle I care about, I already have so....

I guess but that still seems like a weird thing to think your sibling is lying about. The Vampire Lord doesn't exist but l'Cie do.

As far as I can remember, it had been hundreds if not thousands of years since an enemy Fal'cie had been spotted. I already liked Lightning but that scene sealed the deal for me.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's a cool knife and Lightning clearly has a thing for survival gear/weapons. It's a fine gift for a hardcore lady like Lightning.

I've always wondered about the circumstances around her naval piercing. It's seems a bit out of character for her. Perhaps Serah bought her a coupon and she didn't want to waste it?

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 22, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

final fantasy 13 is a deeply flawed game/series but I enjoyed it for what it was

possibly because I don't actually follow any ff games in dev, I just play them when they come out

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The White Dragon posted:

uh, roses? easy

Who gives someone roses for their birthday when their not dating or planning on getting married if the Japanese government can just open their narrow minds come oooonnnn

But for real, a knife seems like an ok gift for Lightning. Maybe a scarf would work too or a hairpin or maybe some brass knuckles

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I think she'd like a Louis Vuitton purse.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Schwartzcough posted:

I think she'd like a Louis Vuitton purse.

she doesnt need those as gifts, she gets them from her job

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

Aeons are the dreams of the Fayth. Tidus is a dream of Fayth. I don't know how he's not a summon.

Who summoned him?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yu Yevon is summoning him, Sin, and all of Dream Zanarkand at the same time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think the only thing Lightning would like more than a knife would be brass knuckles.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

NikkolasKing posted:

What would you get someone like her for their birthday? I think a knife is closer to the mark than, say, clothes or video games.
Cream filled doughnut.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Actually, didn't Lightning regift the knife to Hope, or was that a different knife?

Would've been great if the knife was Snow's idea and he ended up getting stabbed by it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lightning just started randomly saying battle lines that spoil what the Angel of Valhalla is in my PC version. I mean it's not a spoiler to me because I played it when it came out on console, but what a weird bug to get.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mega64 posted:

Actually, didn't Lightning regift the knife to Hope, or was that a different knife?

Would've been great if the knife was Snow's idea and he ended up getting stabbed by it.

Hope gave it back after he angst-exploded at Snow and got carried by him to his dad's house.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Momomo posted:

That scene was great, cause Lightning actually said "Worst birthday ever." You really gotta feel for the woman, everyone around her is so drat stupid.

Including herself.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

Hope gave it back after he angst-exploded at Snow and got carried by him to his dad's house.

So no one wanted that drat knife apparently.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
And then in LR she regifted the knife again into god's face.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zedprime posted:

Lightning is the Primal of humanity and we will all worship her eternally and she'll beat the poo poo out of that dumb ugly bitch Hydaelyn

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Coughing Hobo posted:

Worst god ever.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Coughing Hobo posted:

Lightning Returns is great because it becomes a story of Lightning telling gods to gently caress off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-imHDI9cQEM&t=233s

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Renoistic posted:

As far as I can remember, it had been hundreds if not thousands of years since an enemy Fal'cie had been spotted. I already liked Lightning but that scene sealed the deal for me.

I've always wondered about the circumstances around her naval piercing. It's seems a bit out of character for her. Perhaps Serah bought her a coupon and she didn't want to waste it?

Her wild teenage days before her parents died and she had to become a Sister-mom.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Lightning Returns is great because it becomes a story of Lightning telling gods to gently caress off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-imHDI9cQEM&t=233s

Gotta admire how self-indulgently theatrical it is, if nothing else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

Gotta admire how self-indulgently theatrical it is, if nothing else.

It's even better with the goofier accessories like the pumpkin head or the masks you can get in the Wildlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Saint Freak posted:

Lightning just started randomly saying battle lines that spoil what the Angel of Valhalla is in my PC version. I mean it's not a spoiler to me because I played it when it came out on console, but what a weird bug to get.

her battle lines are great

*while fighting a big dog* DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE FORGIVEN????

yeah gently caress you dog you're gonna burn in hell