Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress yes Bully!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
so does that mean the NA store will eventually get those ps2 remasters or no? Id play Bully with trophies and everything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd be very surprised if it didn't, that's more Nintendo's thing

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh I'm aware! I'm pretty sure I was active in your LP thread on it (though a buncha details did leave me since that run) :v:

I'm just not sure if it would be fun to go through on my own time really, 'specially when I can just read through it again and all that.

Yeah, I thought you posted in it, but your post made it sound like you didn't really remember much about the game so I thought I may have been mistaken.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Someone went to the trouble of porting Xcom to Vita but doesn't support Vita TV

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
XCOM made it to Vita? Wow. Buuuuut, is it stripped of content like the iOS port? I bought that, but the lack of maps and muddy textures made it little more than a gimmick to me (and I've technically bought XCOM 5 times so I'm definitely a hardcore fan). If this was the full deal, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be, I'd buy it one more time. Maybe.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
If X-Com is a real port, I want it. Wish it was Enemy Within though.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
All of a sudden psn keeps telling me my card information is wrong. Funds are there, information has been checked roughly 12 times, and Sony error code is of less then zero help. It's unhelpful.

Any ideas? I've had this happen previously and time solved it, but this is annoying to say the least and kind of unacceptable.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Moochewmoo posted:

All of a sudden psn keeps telling me my card information is wrong. Funds are there, information has been checked roughly 12 times, and Sony error code is of less then zero help. It's unhelpful.

Any ideas? I've had this happen previously and time solved it, but this is annoying to say the least and kind of unacceptable.

I've had that happen a few times and it's always been the bank's fault

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

If I buy the Killzone SF season pass, do I get the Intercept mode standalone?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
On a Killzone related note... if you are in the UK and skint and considering getting this game in the sale, the non season pass version is £3.74 on Amazon at the moment.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Nawid posted:

If X-Com is a real port, I want it. Wish it was Enemy Within though.

It does.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Harlock posted:

Someone went to the trouble of porting Xcom to Vita but doesn't support Vita TV

I guess they didn't want to bother with a discontinued system. :negative:

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I see Yakuza Dead Souls is on sale, is it any good? I adored 4 & 5 but I heard DS is very different and kinda meh.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

croutonZA posted:

I see Yakuza Dead Souls is on sale, is it any good? I adored 4 & 5 but I heard DS is very different and kinda meh.

The controls are disgusting, but it's worth it I think.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

I guess they didn't want to bother with a discontinued system. :negative:
They also regularly just forget to whitelist things, but this one won't be like BoI where someone tweets the dev and they yell at Sony to fix it

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

croutonZA posted:

I'll agree with RadicalR--bad controls, but the story is pretty batshit crazy in a good way, and it's fun to have this super weird B-horror take on Yakuza if you like the series and characters.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When does the US store normally update? Because I want to open palm slam my mouse or phone screen and buy Bully the nanosecond it hits the store.

That will make Ps2, wii, 360, and now ps4 that I own that game on, and it's always worth it

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Mithaldu posted:

linear as a loving ruler and once you've played it once, that's it.
Oh, man. Linear. Yeah, that's a bummer. It's the reason I only played Super Mario Bros. once and don't ever rewatch movies. :rolleyes:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When does the US store normally update? Because I want to open palm slam my mouse or phone screen and buy Bully the nanosecond it hits the store.

That will make Ps2, wii, 360, and now ps4 that I own that game on, and it's always worth it

Mid-to-late afternoon Eastern time, although I think it's been earlier the last few weeks?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

MisterAlex posted:

Oh, man. Linear. Yeah, that's a bummer. It's the reason I only played Super Mario Bros. once and don't ever rewatch movies. :rolleyes:
Except in Mario there is no implication that exploration is something that's rewarded. You know from the get-go that you're only supposed to get through and that's it. Guacamelee bills itself as a metroidvania and comes with all the hallmarks of one, upgrades, locked paths, backtracking, convoluted maps, yet lacks the one thing that makes metroidvanias special: Nonlinearity.

Doesn't mean the game is poo poo, since the brawling is actually quite fun and the graphics neat.

However it's worth pointing out to preempt the disappointment on realization.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PSVR bundles are pre-orderable for probably another 10 seconds or so.

Next Tuesday (the 29th) at 7PT/10ET they'll put the standalone headset up for pre-order.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

standalone headset doesnt come with move controllers i imagine?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nope, its just the headset. Doesn't come with VR Worlds either.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

No, although they're not officially required for the headset to work (but may be required for some games, and the camera is 100% required).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well heck I probably should've just gotten the bundle then

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Xcom Plus out in the US.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that is pretty early for the store to start updating!

shame Bully isn't the scholarship edition, I'd like to play it again but not gonna go back a version

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I was certain we'd get a cool and good Spring sale this week, since Europe had theirs last week, but instead we get a Call of Duty one. Fuuuuuck

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Okage Shadow king is up, has a 25 percent discount and the base price is only ten dollars so it's only 7.50 this week!

EVIL LORD STAN COMMANDS YOU TO BUY HIS GAME.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I bought TLOU Remastered and a few of the add-on skillpacks/weapons last night for $25. I've played and beaten TLOU on PS3 (and loved it), so double-dipping for $25 didn't seem like that big a deal especially since it includes the DLC.

One of my favorite games, ever.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just a fun fact, the Japanese title of okage Shadow king basically translates to:

Me and Satan.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

E: Bought XCOM yet again. Fairly sure it's EW. Will update when I know. (It's EW).
E2: Sony are Bad At The Internet.
E3: If anybody cares, yes, it is Enemy Within. Don't know what else the 'plus' means. Seems fairly standard. Loading times are pretty meh. Overall it's good for a vita port, seems on par with i/aDevices. Bit naffer looking.
E4: Send help I don't know how not to play Long War.

Okay, first impression. It's slower and clunkier than both PC and iOS/Android. The textures are comically garbage. The first mission had to have four loads - including a load on the actual map - for some reason. The 'saving' prompt for Ironman is loving obnoxious and cuts out the game while it does it - every turn.

It's alright for on-the-go XCOM if you have no alternatives, and I'll get my moneys' worth on a plane somewhere. But it's not a tour de force of a conversion.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 22, 2016

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

croutonZA posted:

It's an OK game, the controls are kinda bad but when you get the auto-aim that snaps to the head it's a lot more bearable. As long as you know what you're getting into, have at it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The screenshots seem to suggest it includes Enemy Within because one of the soldiers is clearly in a mech suit

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Oh cool, Okage has a Platinum. I didn't know they gave PS2 games Platinums.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wendell posted:

I was certain we'd get a cool and good Spring sale this week, since Europe had theirs last week, but instead we get a Call of Duty one. Fuuuuuck

Maybe we'll get a flash sale this weekend? It'd be nice since I have a bunch of PSN credit that I got for cheap a few weeks back.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Maybe we'll get a flash sale this weekend? It'd be nice since I have a bunch of PSN credit that I got for cheap a few weeks back.

We had a mediocre one last weekend, so probably not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No sign of Okage in the EU, it never came out here on PS2 so I'm wondering if we'll actually get it. At least I can buy it using my US account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Billy Gnosis posted:

We had a mediocre one last weekend, so probably not.

Yeah, I knew that, but eh, I'm hopeful for something.

If not, I'll just pre-order Uncharted 4 and use the remaining credit to pay for Vue for a few months or maybe get the Season Pass for The Division. Definitely buying Bully today though.

• Locked thread