Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah but what in particular makes lego batman a bridge too far? they're both hella popular media franchises who constantly churn out stuff to make money, there ain't nothing new or noteworthy here to get incensed over it

The only thing special about lego batman is that it happened to be the thing people are talking about in this thread at the moment. And no one in incensed, so just calm your tits, sorry I besmirched your favorite dumb movie gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

All it takes is a children's movie to begin the destruction of civilized discourse between man children

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lego Batman was funny in the movie but completely a one note joke, who was wisely used sparingly. I don't know how he can really sustain a movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

wyoming posted:

Sorry you've replaced feelings with crass consumerism.
You realize what this thread is, right?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

Lego Batman was funny in the movie but completely a one note joke, who was wisely used sparingly. I don't know how he can really sustain a movie.

I thought this wasn't that Lego Batman. This is just a Batman that happens to be Lego.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

computer parts posted:

I thought this wasn't that Lego Batman. This is just a Batman that happens to be Lego.

It's both, apparently. It's a Lego Batman movie whose Batman just happens to be the Lego Movie Batman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Zack Snyder says he never considered bringing Grant Gustin as the cinematic Flash

quote:

“I just don’t think it was a good fit,” says Snyder of bringing in Gustin’s verison of The Flash to “The Justice League,” which starts filming next month. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.”

“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multi-verse (idea), so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That's kind of funny considering how many villains TV Flash has straight up murdered this season. Probably too "grimdark" even for Snyder's taste.

Also he's an idiot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't know if what TV Flash did before this, showing all the villains into an underground Gitmo, is any better than killing them.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scyantific posted:

That's kind of funny considering how many villains TV Flash has straight up murdered this season.

1, maybe 2?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Snyder is right and this is probably in the best interest of both the show and his movies.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 22, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The MSJ posted:

I don't know if what TV Flash did before this, showing all the villains into an underground Gitmo, is any better than killing them.

Snyder's probably ok with murdering villains, but tossing them into a makeshift Gitmo? "Not my heroes."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Solution: make the movie Flash actually Wally West.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CaptainYesterday posted:

Solution: make the movie Flash actually Wally West.

Haha yeah right, not with Geoff Johns around. That would be like asking to make Green Lantern anyone but Hal.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Gitmo, Iron Man's underwater prison in the Civil War trailer appropriately looks like a supervillain lair.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Snyder is right and this is probably in the best interest of both the show and his movies.

Even Marvel is not as committed to it now, judging from how the Civil War writer doesn't know anything about the story in Agents of SHIELD.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Gitmo, Iron Man's underwater prison in the Civil War trailer appropriately looks like a supervillain lair.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

edit: decided I didn't want to know.

VikingofRock fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 22, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the ending of civil war was 'a cop and a fireman hold captain america back mid-brawl and it makes him realize fighting for what he believes in is bad', not much punch to rob there

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha yeah right, not with Geoff Johns around. That would be like asking to make Green Lantern anyone but Hal.

It should be someone other than hal. Preferably John Stewart.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The least effective phallus dentata.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

Lego Batman was funny in the movie but completely a one note joke, who was wisely used sparingly.

This is correct.

wyoming posted:

Ah yes, the crassness of a father learning to bond with his son instead of being a crass consum-

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The best superhero movie with telepaths is What Women Want.

Fixed. Though it has just the one telepath.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

SaviourX posted:

Ah yes, the crassness of a father learning to bond with his son instead of being a crass consum-

Hell yes, I love the #win moment when they bond over all the #Lego products he owns and all the #innovative and #fun ways they can be played with.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bonding over toys is good.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Holy crap. I had no idea that any human being could not like The Lego Movie.

It's truly masterful on a technical level but the script sucks balls. Still looking forward to the Batman one because it's loving Batman I'll watch anything with him in it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Preacher kind of does that.

It doesn't do it even a little bit. At one point he orders a dude go gently caress himself and orders another man to count every grain of sand on a beach.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's what I was trying to get at but yeah in retrospect I was still too generous. In truth it's more that Jesse keeps talking about how the power of the Word has moral implications and that he should definitely exercise caution using it and then, with flimsy or no justification, doesn't.

Ennis can be pretty decent when he's on point but in Preacher that occurs almost never. Watching the trailer for the show I was like "whoa, this is only barely like the comics... actually that's probably gonna work in its favour."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hell yes, I love the #win moment when they bond over all the #Lego products he owns and all the #innovative and #fun ways they can be played with.
What was life like growing up with entirely handmade, homemade toys?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

What was life like growing up with entirely handmade, homemade toys?

When your grandfather makes automatic weapons out of wood its pretty dope actually.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Not sure if the comic book adaptation thread is the best house to throw #crass #consumerism stones in.

Instead please talk about #DoYouBleed and #WhoWillWin and other, more pure media unhindered by the desire to make money.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Darth Vader was disappointed when no one wanted to join him for a swim

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

In Kingdom Come, the super prison they build for everyone who isn't in the Justice League is based on the Legion of Doom HQ.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Scyantific posted:

That's kind of funny considering how many villains TV Flash has straight up murdered this season. Probably too "grimdark" even for Snyder's taste.

Also he's an idiot.

He's just being nice, the real reason is "lovely TV actors who no one has ever heard of can not be the stars of multi-million dollar franchise movies."

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

GonSmithe posted:

He's just being nice, the real reason is "lovely TV actors who no one has ever heard of can not be the stars of multi-million dollar franchise movies."

Yea because Ezra Miller is such a household name.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

Chris Hemsworth says hello.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm gonna keep enjoying the TV show for however long it airs.

Grant probably isn't goofy enough to bring the levity that Sneiderverse desperately needs.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Why would anyone want TV Flash to be movie Flash? Let them be different.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wyoming posted:

He said, in the comic book movie megathread.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

Chris Hemsworth says hello.

Nobody would be talking about Chris Hemsworth today if he hadn't gotten that bit role as Kirks dad that he knocked out of the park, though.

LesterGroans posted:

But you see Agent Coulson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

LesterGroans posted:

In this case its not anything as stupid as the usual nerd complaints, I think people just really enjoy Gustin's portrayal of the character and would like to see him get a shot.

• Locked thread