Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Me, which is why I posted it you bald bitch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Luna Was Here posted:

Also apparently aurelien sol is the result of totalbiscuit getting the design a champion referral tier way back in the day
http://akwa.wish.org/wishes/wish-stories/wish-to-go/sam-riotgames

I'm no scientist but the article led me to believe that cancer man gave his champ design award to the make a wish foundation which gave it to an idiot teen who created an idiot space bounty hunter locked in a robot suit who had an overheat mechanic and was a poo poo adc and riot said "this is why we don't make poo poo adcs."

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I care. No I haven't gotten any. I too think riot is full of poo poo. On the plus side, as soon as I step into SR, I usually get one.

I know key fragments are a sensitive topic, but we shouldn't be so rude to each other.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Key fragments feel like they work off the same criteria as chests. I got 3 in one night, none since. Fairly certain there's an invisible version of the chest timer for keys, probably ticking at half the rate to bait you into buying keys.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Lovechop posted:

when is naut going to get dumpstered, jesus

even when they feed you still can't touch them

that hero is actually broken and i hate him

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

How Rude posted:

semi-serious joke answer: Taric Top. Max Q first, rush Icebourne Gauntlet. Once you finish Gauntlet you can kill her rear end at will because she will be doing no damage through your self heal spamming and run out of mana faster than you. the weakness of course comes from being motherfucking solo lane taric but it's worth the quinn tears imo

real answer: Malphite dicks on her hard. You can just rush armor and delete her at level 6 if she keeps trying to fight you. Graves top is probably doable vs. Quinn but a skill matchup. Someone suggested Rammus which once you get your first item will probably make you invincible against her.

best real answer: Lissandra and Morgana top are both strong in that they give 0 shits about her lovely harassing gimmick and can outpush her and pressure her extremely hard at level 6. also pretty strong picks against dives once they hit 6. also provide fantastic TP ganks to bottom lane and have a ton of CC to stop her from doing poo poo in fights. if your jungler ganks for your lane and you picked one of these two champions then Quinn turns into a walking sack of 300 gold.

I think Rammus top is basically the hardest counter. As much as I love Morgana in all matchups I think Quinn is a pretty brutal one, and she can definitely abuse Morgana really hard from levels 1-5, to the point where your kill pressure at 6 is mostly gone. If she rushes Maw you can't allin her either. Outpushing a Quinn also helps a lot less in top than it does in mid.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If Teemo had access to Quinn's blind, he would be permabanned, that blind is buuuuullsheeeet, especially if your a caster like Ryze where it's essentially a silence.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

henkman posted:

I'm curious: has anyone had a key fragment drop in ARAM or 3's? Riot says they can (https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207884233-Hextech-Crafting-Guide) but I and everyone I play with hasn't seen any from either mode so I say Riot is full of poo poo

Yea I got one

not LOL

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lol my games tonight.

Game 1: Enemy team has a Leblanc mid, who goes 18-0. Turns out it's someone's buddy's smurf, helping them with their promotions.

Game 2: My team is a four-person premade, who apart from a disastrous level 1 teamfight, all rush zz'rot and banner. I realise this somewhere around mid-game when we keep losing 2v2 and 3v2 teamfights we should have won, because the carries have barely any AP/AD. "We've tested this in normals and it works."

E: Bronze V :allears:

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

I didn't think you guys were right, but now that I am noticing, the majority of players in ~Silver I seem to never place a single ward past laning. Not a pink. Not a trinket. Nothing.

I want an item that steals their ward charges and gives them to me. Actually, that would be a really good support keystone: something that gives you longer/more charges and increases your pink cap by 1.

Kubrick fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 22, 2016

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Hey, got the new ADC build order in.

... and you're set!

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
please dont rifle through my match history

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Chumppell posted:

Hey, got the new ADC build order in.

... and you're set!

Wait a minute did they fountain dive or something? How did this adc get a kill and a half before buying starting items?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Wait a minute did they fountain dive or something? How did this adc get a kill and a half before buying starting items?

Cheesy invade with a 5stack and not buying anything at 00:00 because he was expecting to pick up a couple kills, would be my guess

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
A level one gone horribly wrong

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

ADC hosed up and forgot to buy items and someone made a very, very poor Flash decision.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Game 2: My team is a four-person premade, who apart from a disastrous level 1 teamfight, all rush zz'rot and banner. I realise this somewhere around mid-game when we keep losing 2v2 and 3v2 teamfights we should have won, because the carries have barely any AP/AD. "We've tested this in normals and it works."

I ran into that in normals. Their team had heimer as well. Awful to play against and hilarious but not very effective.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I played Nasus against a team with two ZZ'rots the other day and it was disgusting. Infinite Q stacks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I played a game with some other goons against that zz'rot/banner cheese build. It was annoying, but we totally smashed them.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Mash posted:

I played Nasus against a team with two ZZ'rots the other day and it was disgusting. Infinite Q stacks.
I can understand, in the early draft phase, making a team that might build 2 Zz'rots, but the moment you see Nasus that goes out the window. Did they just not know you could stack from them, or something? It seems like such an obvious problem.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Killed By Death posted:

I can understand, in the early draft phase, making a team that might build 2 Zz'rots, but the moment you see Nasus that goes out the window. Did they just not know you could stack from them, or something? It seems like such an obvious problem.

You'd be surprised how little some people know about Nasus.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Killed By Death posted:

Sometimes when you know you can peel out Nasus in teamfights and when you rotate to stop his split, it doesn't matter if he has like a thousand stacks because he can't reach the people he wants to club for long enough to get two Qs out. So in that case, the pressure would be more valuable than ceding free stacks if you use the zzrot to accomplish objectives elsewhere.

This doesn't seem like it would've been the case in that game, though

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
towers cannot escape from the big dog

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
got back to gold for the season w an 80% win rate on graves. clicked on some towers it was cool

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Congrats friend

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

got back to gold for the season w an 80% win rate on graves. clicked on some towers it was cool

Nice work.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i placed into platinum. What's the minimum amount of games i can play to keep this lofty rank from decaying before end of season?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
1 a month

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
a video of the new Mecha Sion skin in case anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4161189/

loving owns.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

My Coustin Vinny or Notorious RBG as a name change

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol my games tonight.

Game 1: Enemy team has a Leblanc mid, who goes 18-0. Turns out it's someone's buddy's smurf, helping them with their promotions.

I'm fairly certain that in Bronze V rushing ZZRot 100% of the time is the best strategy. To be in Bronze V your CS has to be so bad that ZZRot will basically double your gold income and make you carry the poo poo out of the game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.koreanbuilds.net/

This appears to be a site with a bunch of Korean masters/challengers builds, looks sort of interesting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It's interesting to see the champs that they don't have data for.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

It's interesting to see the champs that they don't have data for.

Yeah, I think that tells you a lot.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

gnar, darius, and rumble not having data is surprising to me

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Every tanky support picks thunderlords.

NotLikeThis

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

http://www.koreanbuilds.net/

This appears to be a site with a bunch of Korean masters/challengers builds, looks sort of interesting.

lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
what champ is that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah, I think that tells you a lot.

This is pretty interesting. I would have thought Darius would be played (even if he's a bit weak atm) or Rumble what with the jungle Rumble thing supposedly being popular there. It does look like a lot of the champs have just a handful of players, or one person with a pocket pick anyway (i.e. Heimer).

Some of the item builds are a bit wonky -- Key's Bard items are Eye of the Watcher, Sightstone, FQC, and Spirit Visage -- but overall pretty cool. Mostly what I learned from the Bard pages is that you can pretty much have any combination of either type of pen, ms, as, attack damage, ap, armor, mr and mana and be fine. Which validates my dumb experiments somewhat, and means I'm going to need more rune pages.

• Locked thread