Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Their phone definitely calls the Newark mayor's office, but in All That the monarch requests a new jersey transit schedule - if he were in Newark I'd expect him to take PATH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Their phone definitely calls the Newark mayor's office, but in All That the monarch requests a new jersey transit schedule - if he were in Newark I'd expect him to take PATH.

And Doc and Jackson are nerds enough to have gotten a detail like correct.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, many older US cities have areas that were once very upscale when the cities were smaller, but now have become part of the heart of the city, and of course white flight left them empty. In Detroit there are the mansions of the directors and managers of the car companies that now lay abandoned and decaying becuase no one wants them.

Isn't the Monarch's house in like Newark or Jersey City? I know its in NJ, but it doesn't seem like it's that far from NYC.

The real house is in the middle of Newark. Where they put it in the show places it more in the eastern section of Newark, so that they can have the Pulaski Skyway in the background.

The red marker is where the real house is, the other end of the line is one of the neighborhoods the show house would be to have the background they show, though really the more exact match would be one of the industrial areas to the southeast. Those are all in Newark boundaries though.

In one of this season's episodes, they're on a PATH train.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

I think doc is now just reveling in his ineffective flirtation rather than actually attempting to seduce her.

Why can't it be both?

But if I had to choose, I'd go with sincere. "The Rusty could have any of these women if he could only seal the deal!"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Probably the poor bastard has to take a NJ Transit bus from his lovely neighborhood (where he can't even get a pizza delivered) to the PATH station.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Clancy brown is so goddamn good

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just eyeballing it, Monarch lives about a mile away from a PATH station if he lives in the house is to the far left of the line. Or a mile and a half away from one if he lives on the one to the far right.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
So...did Doc and Jackson just confirm a Pete and Billy pairing or am I reading too much into a joke?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Happy Landfill posted:

So...did Doc and Jackson just confirm a Pete and Billy pairing or am I reading too much into a joke?

everybody was making fun of billy, so yes, youre reading too much into it

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

everybody was making fun of billy, so yes, youre reading too much into it

I kind of figured. I'm not one to ship characters or scour shows and movies looking for subtext, but that sort of stuck out to me last night.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Monarch not giving a gently caress about peeing in the sink was already awesome but then he removed a dish mid-stream. It's the little touches that complete me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved that not only was it not the first time he'd done it, it wasn't the first time he'd done it THAT DAY.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Happy Landfill posted:

At the end of S5E8, Billy tells White that he has been implying to his mom that he is gay the whole time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LostRook posted:

Well it did confirm that Kano killed Blue Morpho, but I suppose it's just a matter of time until subtext becomes text.

Where does it do that?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that not only was it not the first time he'd done it, it wasn't the first time he'd done it THAT DAY.

I guess that's why he was peeing in the kitchen sink.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

At the end of S5E8, Billy tells White that he has been implying to his mom that he is gay the whole time.

I remember that, too, which is why I think that stuck out to me. There's also the, "You told her I'm handsome?" line.

Either way, the look on Billy's face was pretty priceless.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Just eyeballing it, Monarch lives about a mile away from a PATH station if he lives in the house is to the far left of the line. Or a mile and a half away from one if he lives on the one to the far right.
Someone already posted that he lives in the Krueger Mansion. That's a mile west of Newark Penn Station, and you can go in there to get the PATH train. A lot of people take the NYC-to-Newark commute to go to Devils games at the Prudential Center nearby.

Geez, they put a lot of thought into this, huh?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Where does it do that?

Kano was mute because he "killed a great man" and Rusty just confirmed that he was mute the entire time they knew each other, ergo the person killed was Blue Morpho not Jonas. It's possible, probable I would say, that there's more to it but this is a level of confirmation.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Y-Hat posted:

Someone already posted that he lives in the Krueger Mansion. That's a mile west of Newark Penn Station, and you can go in there to get the PATH train. A lot of people take the NYC-to-Newark commute to go to Devils games at the Prudential Center nearby.

Geez, they put a lot of thought into this, huh?

The real mansion is a mile to the southwest or so, but they have the Skyway in the background when you're facing the house, so the Monarch's mansion is over in the eastern/southeastern parts of Newark somewhere, and much further away from Newark Penn.

Which kinda works better for having a place for the Morpho cave to have secret exits to, presumably, the Passaic River from the underground dock and a hidden land based entrance as well.

Edit: The road in the background could also I suppose be taken to be the Turnpike or one of the regular bridges, but in all cases it would need to be over in east or southeast Newark for that to really work

fishmech fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 22, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Monarch's dad died in a plane crash. Despite his racial handicap, Kano is a cracker jack pilot. It could be assumed that Kano was flying the plane when it went down. He felt as if he killed him for whatever reason, took a vow of silence and joined Team Venture.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cojawfee posted:

The Monarch's dad died in a plane crash. Despite his racial handicap, Kano is a cracker jack pilot. It could be assumed that Kano was flying the plane when it went down. He felt as if he killed him for whatever reason, took a vow of silence and joined Team Venture.

I wondered about that too. Unless Kano crashed intentionally and survived?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Okay, but who then collected the bounty on the Blue Morpho?

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

LostRook posted:

Okay, but who then collected the bounty on the Blue Morpho?

Kano collected it and felt so bad he gave it to the Monarch as his "inheritance."

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

God drat this show has some great voice actors

Final Fantasy Football
Oct 3, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Kano joined team venture when the Blue Morpho was possessed by an alien virus that made him evil. How do you not know this!? It was in the Jonas Venture comics!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Sovereign is a butterfly that disguises itself to look like a Monarch, isn't it?

Nevermind, that's the Viceroy.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 22, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
So do they still think Dr. Venture is the Blue Morpho or what?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
No one thinks it is Dr. Venture besides billy.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
How did Dr. Mrs. The Monarch figure out it wasn't him?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Why don't you catch up on some Big Bang Theory until you're ready to take the training wheels off?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

She got that message about the same time she was shooting him, so.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Jewel Repetition posted:

Do you even watch the episodes, or what?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Comrade Quack posted:

Seriously! They busted open the first 2!

My work is having some kind of penny fundraiser. I haven't heard anyone else talk about eating pennies.

The third tube will have a dead Rusty clone in it. The living Rusty has memories of being locked in a tube and dying in it. Kind of like how he had those dreams of eating his twin in the womb!

Of course there is no talk about eating pennies, they have to wait and see how many they get before they make you eat them!

"Eat the pennies Comrade Quack!"

Fevered Madman posted:

Kano joined team venture when the Blue Morpho was possessed by an alien virus that made him evil. How do you not know this!? It was in the Jonas Venture comics!

And Action Man killed a wee little baby...

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Has the Guild put another price on the Blue Morpho's head? Maybe the Red Skull meant for the Monarch to kill the Blue Morpho - to gain the respect of his wife, the Guild and promotion to a level suitable for sole Arching rights against the Venture family?

Explaining the Morpho Cave might be difficult, but Manolo can easily redecorate it into the Egg Sac right?

I'm sure there are plenty of bodies that can be stashed inside the Blue Morpho's costume.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That really is the best way to get to level 10. 'Kill' the blue morpho and he becomes super badass.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bull3964 posted:

That really is the best way to get to level 10. 'Kill' the blue morpho and he becomes super badass.

Just a few short years till we find the answer to this mystery!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Just a few short years till we find the answer to this mystery!

Ha, the wait is going to get longer and longer between seasons until it becomes the cartoon equivalent of ASOIAF.

The next book is never coming out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well, that episode was pretty drat good. Shame the season is over, see you all in two years time!

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

The living Rusty has memories of being locked in a tube and dying in it.

Whoa what? Which episode did he say this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Doubtful Guest posted:

I'm sure there are plenty of bodies that can be stashed inside the Blue Morpho's costume.

As long as red death didn't vaporize the bodies or whatever he does there are several suitable bodies in the bathroom with just chunks of their butts missing.