Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I have smaller hands and it's great, so much more comfortable than the rival. This is assuming a claw grip by the way, rather than a palm grip.

That's exactly what I'm looking for, I guess my choice is made. Thanks!

e; do you use the FK1 or FK2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

dex_sda posted:

that's the 300

No it says on the amazon page there's a newer version with a link to the 300.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dex_sda posted:

That's exactly what I'm looking for, I guess my choice is made. Thanks!

e; do you use the FK1 or FK2?

Fk2

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

god bless

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

symbolic posted:

That's a good line-up. The only change I'd make is maybe GuardiaN instead of FalleN for Sniper.

The ~optimal~ way is probably to put guardian or another awper as entry fragger.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

by the way, to enter the team sticker prediction thing, do I have to buy one of each team? or multiple for each round I think a team will win?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
You can reuse the same sticker throughout the whole tournament. So you can reuse the same Na'Vi or Fnatic sticker all the way to the grand finals, provided they make it there. Locking your predicition in will lock your sticker in your inventory until the end of the day tournament, so you can't make a prediction and sell or apply the sticker when it looks like the team's going to lose.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 21, 2016

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://twitter.com/TBEReX/status/711396916777623552/video/1

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Apparently the esea fpl style thing starts at noon today, captains mode.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

i'm playing the wrong game

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Google Butt posted:

Apparently the esea fpl style thing starts at noon today, captains mode.

Oh cool. Looks like I'll need to try it out.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Esports trash talk continuing to be the most embarrassing thing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao professional video game players

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

hey dude that was too far man.

I like how he was super pumped was going to yell it, then thought about it for a few seconds, then yelled it anyway.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Just buy a Logitech m500, it looks normal, feels normal, 800DPI, has spinny scroll wheel, and costs a third of the price of their upper range warp drive fitted mice.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

MF_James posted:

I like how he was super pumped was going to yell it, then thought about it for a few seconds, then yelled it anyway.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Does he say fag or fan I really can't tell

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Woulda been much better without those last few words.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

literal children

edit: lmao at the sudden "whoa dude what" from everyone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhEXjM7iTw

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 21, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

MF_James posted:

hey dude that was too far man.

I think he was actually pausing to make sure that the defuse was going to happen or that the game was truly over. At this point I don't think he actually knew what he was going to say. Until he lifted his head again and with all his nerd glory spouted the most insulting thing he could muster.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ESEA just released a new ranking system that isn't based on total poo poo. That being said it's still based on Elo, which is dumb and honestly I don't know why these services aren't just using something like Glicko already.

https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=14782

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Also ESEA Rank S, so this is basically a Faceit killer and there's no real reason to use that website anymore unless you hate root kits.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

or live in EU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Actually some people itt have been saying ESEA EU is not too bad nowadays?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
another LG upset alert, currently down 0-1 to TSM (lost their own map pick)

I don't know why in the hell people just keep betting on massive favorites a week before they go to a major but that's prime losing time

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

My favorite thing about this is how confident he still is after the room's soul leaves it's body

stump collector
May 28, 2007

real dilemma posted:

another LG upset alert, currently down 0-1 to TSM (lost their own map pick)

I don't know why in the hell people just keep betting on massive favorites a week before they go to a major but that's prime losing time

yeah betting on massive favorites is for retards

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

qhat posted:

Also ESEA Rank S, so this is basically a Faceit killer and there's no real reason to use that website anymore unless you hate root kits.

Given that fpl and now s league or whatever the gently caress it is only for ultra nerds does it make that much of a difference given that faceit is freeish, disclaimer i've only played 2 faceit games and had dull experiences there, 1 team quit immediately after warmup presumably due to their 300+ pings and the other was full of dickheads trying to throw. So not that different from matchmaking except the tickrate.

I kind of want to get away from matchmaking because of well, the cheating. I know its not supposed to be semicommon on the other services.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

exethan posted:

yeah betting is for retards

Fixed that for ya, bub.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Goofballs posted:

Given that fpl and now s league or whatever the gently caress it is only for ultra nerds does it make that much of a difference given that faceit is freeish, disclaimer i've only played 2 faceit games and had dull experiences there, 1 team quit immediately after warmup presumably due to their 300+ pings and the other was full of dickheads trying to throw. So not that different from matchmaking except the tickrate.

I kind of want to get away from matchmaking because of well, the cheating. I know its not supposed to be semicommon on the other services.

you still have to pay for faceit to get a semi decent experience, otherwise you're gonig to have games that false start like that. i always found esea games better but couldnt play often enough to justify paying a subscription

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

Fixed that for ya, bub.

true

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Goofballs posted:

Cheating is obviously a bit less on Faceit because the pay wall, but it's going to be extremely low on ESEA. My main issue with Faceit premium is the servers are really hit and miss, some games will be fine but others just completely unplayable, and it's always been like that. I've also literally never had a human respond to a support message, which is dumb considering you're paying for the service.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
An advantage that CEVO and ESEA have is that their pugs have dropins available when someone leaves. Half the time I just join a game in progress because it's quicker.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

qhat posted:

Actually some people itt have been saying ESEA EU is not too bad nowadays?

The servers are good and the players are good but there simply aren't enough of them in EU. Often 5 minute+ waits if you're 4 and even longer and sometimes infinite wait times if you're 5. Faceit literally gives you games faster than MM.

e: I often play late at night, and even soloing it's occasionally been impossible to find ESEA games in EU. I paid for it since december and only recently cancelled my sub in favour of faceit. Maybe I'll come back to it if I see the player count rise significantly after this update.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 22, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Audax posted:

An advantage that CEVO and ESEA have is that their pugs have dropins available when someone leaves. Half the time I just join a game in progress because it's quicker.

That is fairly sick. What are the comp settings on ESEA? I hate how Faceit disables friendly fire and has no timeouts and how the round end time is random. Is it the same or different on ESEA?

Bohemian Nights posted:

The servers are good and the players are good but there simply aren't enough of them in EU. Often 5 minute+ waits if you're 4 and even longer and sometimes infinite wait times if you're 5. Faceit literally gives you games faster than MM.

That could change with the new ESEA offering, we'll just have to wait and see.

qhat fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 22, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

That is fairly sick. What are the comp settings on ESEA? I hate how Faceit disables friendly fire and has no timeouts and how the round end time is random. Is it the same or different on ESEA?

Sadly, ESEA also succumbs to disabled friendly fire if I remember correctly.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

No ff, the rest is the same as tourny rules as far as I know?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Sadly, ESEA also succumbs to disabled friendly fire if I remember correctly.

yeah you're right

i think having someone push a friendly molly is probably less annoying than getting teamkilled for any reason

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
My experience with late-night premium faceit matches has been like 30x more positive than MM and I also don't have to install a root kit from a lovely company on my computer so yeah, it's pretty good.

SealHammer fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

got my zowie, goddamn. it's pretty cool to have the same sensitivity when moving the mouse left and right. yes previously they were different. don't ask me how I tolerated this.

great mouse, no bullshit, just feels good in the hand. def worth the price of admission, ty for recommendation. if you claw grip this is a no-brainer of a purchase.