Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I still want to know what the hell kind of dorm Tiffany lives in where she has space for a couch. There's never been any indication at all of having a roommate, and at least at my college, single dorms could barely hold a single bed and a tiny desk and chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This is going to wind up with Piro thinking Gunther's into him, isn't it?

I mean, the sign, Tiffany leaving, Gunther sitting next to the gift...it's not exactly subtle foreshadowing.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is going to wind up with Piro thinking Gunther's into him, isn't it?

I mean, the sign, Tiffany leaving, Gunther sitting next to the gift...it's not exactly subtle foreshadowing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Transmodiar posted:

It blew my mind.

Wait until you hear that people on the west coast have to fly east to travel to the Galápagos Islands.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

painynumbs posted:

Someone's gonna find that Working Daze baby dead in a bathtub while those two idiots are asleep in the glow of an Agent Carter episode they've watched seven times.

One of them is probably going to beat the kid to death when they catch him taking a Star Wars toy out of the box.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Wait until you hear that people on the west coast have to fly east to travel to the Galápagos Islands.

But... but not south, right? :magical:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, they don't have to, it's just a huge hassle to do it the other way around.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I still want to know what the hell kind of dorm Tiffany lives in where she has space for a couch. There's never been any indication at all of having a roommate, and at least at my college, single dorms could barely hold a single bed and a tiny desk and chair.

I don't know how common it is but at least where I go to university instead of dorms they have "residence halls," which assign three people to a suite with a common area big enough for a couch, minifridge, and I think we were able to fit a TV in there too, a shared bathroom, and 3 individual bedrooms of the "could barely hold a single bed and a tiny desk and chair" variety. It could be something like that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I don't know how common it is but at least where I go to university instead of dorms they have "residence halls," which assign three people to a suite with a common area big enough for a couch, minifridge, and I think we were able to fit a TV in there too, a shared bathroom, and 3 individual bedrooms of the "could barely hold a single bed and a tiny desk and chair" variety. It could be something like that.

Maybe. Still seems weird that there's never been any indication of anyone else living there to the point that she's putting pictures of herself on the wall (because she's vain and mean!).

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes With Orange

Pros and Cons

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Dan :aaa:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

apparently guest artists are still going in Dilbert.

Red Meat

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This one doesn't even make sense unless Rose is Rose is so loving saccharine and ultra-bland that hanging a goddamn hammock is some super badass event worthy of- who am I kidding, that's exactly what the strip is going for :nallears:

:psypop:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Melmac blew up, you insensitive person, leaving Alf as an orphan

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
The number of strips with drone jokes is out of loving control. I've counted at least one every week for like eight weeks now. It's my new work project. They're not even funny. They're usually some variant of "What if [thing] was drone?"

Soon I'm gonna be in a room with hundreds of drone comics taped to the walls, screaming like a lunatic and scribbling all over them in red pen.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alabaster White posted:

This one doesn't even make sense unless Rose is Rose is so loving saccharine and ultra-bland that hanging a goddamn hammock is some super badass event worthy of- who am I kidding, that's exactly what the strip is going for :nallears:
Apparently it's not even that?

e: the fact that this person makes a Barberella reference in 2016 is mind-boggling on a lot of levels.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

STOPIT
Oct 1, 2003

STOP IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix saves the future.

haha yeah there's no punchline better than "preemptively assassinating former President George W. Bush would have fixed things"

Jesus Christ.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

This was completely possible in my dorms in college back in '88 if you didn't have a roommate. Which in fact is exactly what I did; one couch/bed I shoved into one of the closets and used the second dresser to hold it in there. The bed's both could be shoved partially under wall shelving and act as a couch during the day.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (January 22, 1929)

Peanuts (March 25, 1969)

It's not a spoiler to say that Shermy is about at the end of the road in 1969. Sparky realized that he was at the point where he only brought him out when he "needed a character with very little personality". Y'know, like here.

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Li'l Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 24-25, 1928)

The holiday message for 1928: Merry Christmas! Your gift this year is lifelong disappointment!

Thimble Theater (October 9, 1929)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

STOPIT posted:

haha yeah there's no punchline better than "preemptively assassinating former President George W. Bush would have fixed things"

Jesus Christ.

Considering the time traveler being depicted is an idiot and it's explicitly a critique of Jeb!'s remarks about traveling back in time to kill Hitler, I kind of doubt that's the point.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Just to be clear, all these old people in Crankshaft are definitely dead in Funky, right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fondue posted:

This was completely possible in my dorms in college back in '88 if you didn't have a roommate. Which in fact is exactly what I did; one couch/bed I shoved into one of the closets and used the second dresser to hold it in there. The bed's both could be shoved partially under wall shelving and act as a couch during the day.
Geez, my university's dorms were so in-demand that incoming freshman had to apply for a dorm (complete with fee) before actually being accepted, and current students had to enter a lottery. They even converted a number of doubles into "temporary" triples. Standard double dorms with only a single occupant didn't exist except in the rare cases where one of the occupants left after the start of the semester.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Professor Wayne posted:

Just to be clear, all these old people in Crankshaft are definitely dead in Funky, right?

There was a weird flash-forward in Crankshaft once that had an extremely old Ed Crankshaft visiting a little league game. He was in poor health, his life flashed before his eyes, but he wasn't dead. So, no, not even time and Funky Winkerbean can kill that bastard.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

STOPIT posted:

Jesus Christ.
You're aware that "Idiot" is in the title right?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Are they just like orbiting around Les' house?

F Minus

Mary Worth

Or she could try talking to them. Probably a whole lot healthier to do that.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Can't wait to see what kind of dumbass unrealistic clue little Billy left for X-9.

Apartment 3-G

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

STOPIT posted:

Jesus Christ.

Well, Dunwoody is an idiot, if you recall.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

And yeah, someone already pointed out that they were both born in the UK.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

https://twitter.com/stephanpastis/status/711616024458604544
"Oh, it's on, @billamend, it's on."

https://twitter.com/billamend/status/711625140287569921
"Ooo I'm sooo scared!"

https://twitter.com/BenjaminKissin1/status/711615465211170816
Kate Beaton: oh my gosh!!! <3333

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Darthemed posted:

And yeah, someone already pointed out that they were both born in the UK.

England and Wales are still separate countries, though. Different heads of state, even.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I'm a little tickled Bill Amend knows what Homestuck is

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Or she could try talking to them. Probably a whole lot healthier to do that.

"I'm also having trouble sleeping, I've lost my appetite ad I'm having obsessive negative thoughts constantly. I read online I may have depression. Help me Mary, you're my closest friend!"

"You need to count your blessings. After all positive thoughts are our greatest tool against bad moods!"

And Mary's reign of biddy terror continues.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm more surprised he thinks Luann is a good comic.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Crocodile my rear end, it was clearly a krayt dragon.:colbert:

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 27, 1951)

Barnaby (August 4, 1942)

Nancy (April 13, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 25, 1928)

Gasoline Alley (January 23, 1923)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

EasyEW posted:

Today's Bloom County snuck up on us...and pushed us into the wood chipper.

That is not the correct meter for a sonnet. Shakespearean or Petrarchan.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hee hee

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Because apparently they bring the preproduction staff on location OPEN ONE loving BOOK ABOUT FILM TOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buz_Sawyer

kith_groupie posted:

"You need to count your blessings. After all positive thoughts are our greatest tool against bad moods!"

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

French class, 7th grade. He nailed it.

• Locked thread