Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Incitatus posted:

From another site...

Eller som Gramekube från reddit upptäckte:

"13 drops of blood, 13 shards of glass, 13 stones in the arch, 13 more stones make up the fireplace, 13 logs in the fireplace, 13 boards in the ceiling, 13 boards on the wall, 13 bolts on the barrel, 13 kitchen utensils hanging, 13 instances of the letter "t" on the card, 13 words in EACH mode (excluding the number 13), and the mana cost is ONE black and THREE generic. THAT'S THIRTEEN THIRTEENS!!"

this is the coolest loving card ever designed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There are also 13 in each box you open.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

MisterOblivious posted:

Higher resolution for easier counting:

Almost feels that this should've been White, given that White is the color that usually cares about life totals and when they try to make White an evil color it's usually related to paranoia or obsession.

Still, flavor city though. Would be surprised if it doesn't seem some constructed play.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Snacksmaniac posted:

There are also 13 in each box you open.
Instead of god packs there's gonna be packs that have 13 of this card

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Yawgmoth posted:

I want this for real.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

I'm going to be so upset if this isn't a thing. A draft where everyone plays multiple copies of this card would be super hilarious.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
So when will WotC get the hint and rename the game to Innistrad: the Gathering

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I had 18 packs left over of BFZ/OGW that neither me nor my friends wanted to draft. I had bought 2 boxes of BFZ and 1 of Oath to draft with my friends over this season, and we quickly became tired of playing it. So I just decided to open them all and see what I got. Kozilek, Kalitas, and a Wooded Foothills. Thanks for paying for my Innistrad boxes, poo poo packs.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
edit nm im retarded lol

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The Triskaidekaphobia mirror match is going to be hilarious.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's going to be so good when they print the Grove of the Burnwillows cycle in the fall set.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

:gizz:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

also clue tokens http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/tokens-shadows-over-innistrad-2016-03-22

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
WOW. Goldnight Castigator and Avacyn's Judgement are straight up GAS.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Goldnight Castigator is loving nuts. You need at least 5 power in flying to deal with it.

And yeah Avacyn's Judgment is crazy good too.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
That Cleric token is the tits.

The Soldier token looks like Champion of the Parish

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That spirit token is so nice. Why were the Innistrad and Avacyn tokens garbage and every one we've had since this has been good?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is that Fire playable in Jund?

E: Goldnight Castigator looks modern playable to me, 4/5 haste flier seems like gas.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 22, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Holy poo poo that's a Red Mythic.

Holy poo poo that's a Fire.

The art on that Human Soldier token is great. Same with the Human Cleric.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: Goldnight Castigator looks modern playable to me, 4/5 haste flier seems like gas.

Modern jund has the best non-instant madness outlet.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Wow yeah those Soldier and Spirit tokens are going in my cube asap.

We know what all the tokens come from except for the Insect and Ooze, right?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Avacyn's judgement is really good
Twinbolt at the front end, cheaper/instant rolling thunder on the madness end.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Those are some cards

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

WRT madness, how does it work with simultaneous discard effects like Liliana OTV? Is it still the same APNAP order? It'll be fun to see the games of chicken being played after one player sees how much the other is tapping out for.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

WOW. Goldnight Castigator and Avacyn's Judgement are straight up GAS.

b/r vampires just found its 4 drop and another madness payoff. GASSSSSSSSSS

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I want to SoI on the mouth, I love this set.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Whoa madness cards go into exile if you cast them for madness? wtf how do madness creatures enter play that reminder text is dumb

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Aside from the coolness factor, are there any relevant gameplay reasons why the Castigator isn't just a 4/5?

Edit: Oh right, at least dismember and similar effects

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 22, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's a 4/5 Haste Flier you can't dismember, to boot. There's really not much in Modern that really kills something like that, is there (outside of destroy/exile effects)?

Andrast posted:

Aside from the coolness factor, are there any relevant gameplay reasons why the Castigator isn't just a 4/5?

Toughness-reduction effects.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Molybdenum posted:

Whoa madness cards go into exile if you cast them for madness? wtf how do madness creatures enter play that reminder text is dumb

what

Andrast posted:

Probably so it doesn't die to 3-power fliers

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Molybdenum posted:

They go from your hand to exile to the stack to the battlefield.

Andrast posted:

Assault Formation is still in standard.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Molybdenum posted:

Orrr you're reading the reminder text wrong.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Don't do this to me.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Molybdenum posted:

It goes into exile when you discard it, but if you choose to cast it it goes through the normal motions (stack->graveyard for a spell, stack->battlefield for a permanent).

Andrast posted:

Synergy with Doran, of course

E: Assault Formation will still be in Standard :getin:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
goldknight castigator and i are gonna get married

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Oh my god lmao I cant wait

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Molybdenum posted:

They temporarily get exiled so they can move to the discard pile without being discarded. It's to avoid infinite recast loops I think

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h80ZlYQtpg

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Madness consists of two effects.

The first is a replacement effect that just makes it so you discard it into exile instead of the graveyard. This was to stop graveyard hate from shutting off madness, I believe. Before the SoI rules change you got to choose whether the card went to exile or not.
The second is a triggered ability. When it gets discarded into exile you can either cast the spell or put it in your graveyard.

I think it needs to be templating like this to avoid the wonkiness of casting spells in the middle of other spells

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

here's the clue tokens and emblems btw

i like the stained glass one and also the feather, kind of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Another mystery arrives.

Who the gently caress is Fenrik?

• Locked thread