Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wow that girl does a really good Frisk impression! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Pretty sure that's Temmie to the right.... probably the best you can do for a temmie cosplay.

If you're not willing to get a few debilitating concussions for the sake of cosplay, well then I guess your heart wasn't really in it to begin with.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

What's the general consensus around here on the steam controller? Is it worth the extra $20 over a wired 360 pad?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

HookedOnChthonics posted:

What's the general consensus around here on the steam controller? Is it worth the extra $20 over a wired 360 pad?

it looks and feels like poo poo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I tried it out and was not a big fan. It would work better with Civ5 or XCOM than a 360 pad or DS4 but m+k or k+touch pad are so much better it feels pointless. If you want a gamepad for gamepad games, the wired 360 pad or DS4 are your best bets.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ometeotl posted:

If you're not willing to get a few debilitating concussions for the sake of cosplay, well then I guess your heart wasn't really in it to begin with.

I meant more about how Tem has got the body of a housecat.

The general consensus is that it tries to be a compromise between controller and mouse and isn't as good as either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qQy-rEUgg

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

As a regular Pre-rec stream watcher they're really entertaining but have opinions about video games I find baffling often enough enough to warrant a second opinion. Worse than keyboard and touchpad is pretty damning though so 360 replacement it is. (I need a replacement because an ex-roommate actually managed to shear through both thumbsticks--his preferred grip was driving thumbnails straight into the rubber pad of each stick, he played FIFA 12 exclusively, and he got very excited about it. I was much more impressed than angry).

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I take some Pre-Rec stuff with a grain of salt, but I do think sometimes they have legit reasoning in their reviews. The steam controller is probably the best example- and they did commend the fact that Valve atleast tried something new, but it just didn't really work out as everyone had hoped.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

what I truely needed was a freind

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The thread tag voting is going well!

Last night I fell asleep with my pro controller on me. In eight hours I did not move once as I woke up to find it in the same place. Very weird. Maybe I was subconsciously trying not to break it?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN4Umsjp6Cs&t=78s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mRRGOwQjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mTOq6mP2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrTgO67zJfg

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 22, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Last night I fell asleep with my pro controller on me. In eight hours I did not move once as I woke up to find it in the same place. Very weird. Maybe I was subconsciously trying not to break it?

Please take care to put your gaming stuff away before falling asleep

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hold RESET while turning the POWER off!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

VideoGames posted:

more proof that god exists and loves video games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man, I am enjoying Salt and Sanctuary a lot more than the actual Dark Souls games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

man, I am enjoying Salt and Sanctuary a lot more than the actual Dark Souls games.
*trying not to look at the game* Wow, this is really good, what a great take on some classic gameplay!

*eyes tightly shut, tears pouring down face* I love the 2-D twist on Dark Souls environments and concepts!

*clawing at eyelids, thrashing* Customizable characters, interactive environments, and memorable NPCs, yes indeed!

*bleeding from destroyed sockets* It's great, game of the year, game of the decade! I love it, and heck... I want more!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

git gud

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I mean, if someone doesn't love what boils down to "Dark Souls + Metroid with a robust RPG leveling system" then I'm not sure they can legitimately lay claim to the mantle of "gamer"!

Not really sure where the sincerity stopped and the sarcasm began there, tbh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FactsAreUseless posted:

*trying not to look at the game* Wow, this is really good, what a great take on some classic gameplay!

*eyes tightly shut, tears pouring down face* I love the 2-D twist on Dark Souls environments and concepts!

*clawing at eyelids, thrashing* Customizable characters, interactive environments, and memorable NPCs, yes indeed!

*bleeding from destroyed sockets* It's great, game of the year, game of the decade! I love it, and heck... I want more!

brevity is the soul of wit

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FactsAreUseless posted:

*looking at your post* Wow, and I thought Salt and Sanctuary looked ugly!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTFv6AT8t-8

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 22, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Salt & Sanctuary's art looks like steaming butts but I still wanna get it and play local coop with my BF.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I'm confused as to how a romance feature would allow a fictional character to become your girlfriend "IRL"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Snak posted:

I'm confused as to how a romance feature would allow a fictional character to become your girlfriend "IRL"

The japanese have made considerable strides in "hug-pillow" technology.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rYzT8Fw6Rs

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

VideoGames posted:

Do it

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 22, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

I liked the first Lucius for how deeply german it was.

Finnish, but the point still stands.

I thought the first was fine as a linear adventure game with some awkward stealth elements but the sequel improves on it so much by making it a sandbox Rube Goldberg murder simulator. It's like the jump in quality from Hitman: Codename 47 to Hitman: Silent Assassin.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Finally getting around to playing Undertale. Game is real cool. Flirting with skeletons is dope.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

He should have asked Chris Roberts.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

precision posted:

I mean, if someone doesn't love what boils down to "Dark Souls + Metroid with a robust RPG leveling system" then I'm not sure they can legitimately lay claim to the mantle of "gamer"!

Not really sure where the sincerity stopped and the sarcasm began there, tbh

I don't like trying to keep a mental map of 2d world. I understand they wanted it to be like Dark Souls, but its much easier to memorize a route in 3d and adding a 2d map wouldn't break the souls experience.

Salt and Sanctuary would be a much better game if they made a game inspired by Dark Souls like Shovel Knight instead of copying souls note for note.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

more proof that god exists and loves video games

I think you are right! I was gaming so tired, and didn't realise I would drift off to the lovely sound of Harvest Moon.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Edward McMillens next game is a BoI spinoff, and he hasn't worked on mewgenics for a couple of years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Finally getting around to playing Undertale. Game is real cool. Flirting with skeletons is dope.

Fair warning, you're probably gonna have one of the boss themes stuck in your head for like a week after you stop playing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Don't know if my slight want of this game outweighs my badness at fighting games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

still sounds like depression buddy :smith:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jay Rust posted:

When I was neck deep in my thesis I would have probably said the same thing about Cookie Clicker, of all loving things. A magic button that administers a dopamine hit isn't always a good thing.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Jay Rust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBF1Tqxmkvs&t=2865s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfJWzFsY0E&t=2611s

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Happy 20 years of Resident Evil, thread! I hope you all celebrate today by playing one of the good ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEgqS54xBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Don't know if my slight want of this game outweighs my badness at fighting games.

It's barely a traditional fighting game, more like the Naruto games so I wouldn't worry about getting steamrolled cause of inexperience.

Lady Naga posted:

Happy 20 years of Resident Evil, thread! I hope you all celebrate today by playing one of the good ones.

So like this one:

• Locked thread