Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Voyager I posted:

2 - 1, Voyager over Locke.

Locke took the first game, but my sideboard gave me a lot of love for the next two. Props to Locke for remaking so we could play a proper game three.

EDIT: yeah casting Mulldrifter with countermagic backup three turns in a row while your deck completely refuses to give you gas seems like a good way to pull ahead.

Yeah, it also helped that I didn't draw a single sideboard card in either game 2 or 3. But alas, sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

L0cke17 posted:

Yeah, it also helped that I didn't draw a single sideboard card in either game 2 or 3. But alas, sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

I recall at least one Pyroblast out of you in game 2 :colbert:.

Deputy of Acquittals has also proven to be a pretty nifty addition for control matchups. It can be used to save other creatures from spot removal or pick up a Bushwhacker, but a lot of the time I just play it as a flash bear to make you take some of your turn on your actual turn and let me resolve more important spells. It feels like a great tool in a deck that otherwise relies on building board state at sorcery speed in order to win.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 22, 2016

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Voyager I posted:

I recall at least one Pyroblast out of you in game 2 :colbert:.

Deputy of Acquittals has also proven to be a pretty nifty addition for control matchups. It can be used to save other creatures from spot removal or pick up a Bushwhacker, but a lot of the time I just play it as a flash bear to make you take some of your turn on your actual turn and let me resolve more important spells. It feels like a great tool in a deck that otherwise relies on building board state at sorcery speed in order to win.

Pyroblasts are main. And yeah, that card does seem sweet for that. Its a really strong addition.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Frozen_flame posted:

Nope. Dropped a PM last night, nothing yet. I'm on now for a bit if he sees this. Added him on Modo as well to make sure.

Alright well he no-showed for round 1 in the last one Thunderdome too so if he does it again that's a lifetime ban.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
Is it still second round? Thread's kind of hard to follow.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

playground tough posted:

For a few more hours, yes. I'm assuming Necro guy and Bridge guy never played? Because if that's the case I'm giving the win to Necro.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I lost 2nd round and will be switching my deck from Izzet tron (splashing green) to traditional RUG Tron (with eggs and poo poo).

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

For a few more hours, yes. I'm assuming Necro guy and Bridge guy never played? Because if that's the case I'm giving the win to Necro.

Yeah. I posted yesterday but it was probably past the time he would be around. I'll be around this afternoon but it'd probably be too late to sneak in the games for this round.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Lonely Bridge posted:

Yeah. I posted yesterday but it was probably past the time he would be around. I'll be around this afternoon but it'd probably be too late to sneak in the games for this round.

You've got until I get home from the store to at least start your match. So probably an hour to an hour and a half.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

suicidesteve posted:

You've got until I get home from the store to at least start your match. So probably an hour to an hour and a half.

Well poo poo. I have work in about 20 minutes and won't be back until about 2am GMT.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Ok, but I'm at work so it'll have to be a roleplay match.

Necro:
I roll a 6.
I shuffle my deck and you decline to cut, as a friendly gesture.
After a moment of thought I play a Tree of Tales and a Springleaf Drum.
The folds of my unbuttoned shirt drift gently in the well-ventilated room, exposing tufts of lightly colored chest hair and the briefest glimpse of darkened pink nipple.
I bite my lip as I carefully ponder over the sequence of cards available to me in the coming turns.
A light cough interrupts the silence and I fix my shirt, appearing slightly sheepish.
I pass the turn.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Lonely Bridge posted:

Ok, but I'm at work so it'll have to be a roleplay match.

Necro:
I roll a 6.
I shuffle my deck and you decline to cut, as a friendly gesture.
After a moment of thought I play a Tree of Tales and a Springleaf Drum.
The folds of my unbuttoned shirt drift gently in the well-ventilated room, exposing tufts of lightly colored chest hair and the briefest glimpse of darkened pink nipple.
I bite my lip as I carefully ponder over the sequence of cards available to me in the coming turns.
A light cough interrupts the silence and I fix my shirt, appearing slightly sheepish.
I pass the turn.

You neglected to put on your robe and wizard hat which is a game loss. You also failed to shuffle your cards in your hand incessantly, which unfortunately is also a game loss. However you have been awarded a game win for effort and creativity.

Frozen_flame posted:

Well poo poo. I have work in about 20 minutes and won't be back until about 2am GMT.

Don't worry, you already won.

New pairings here. Lawnie let me know when you want to play. This is kind of a bad week for me but I'll be around tonight and for the rest of the week after midnight EST, and also Thursday-Sunday I'll be around from like noon-2PM. Everyone try to get your rounds in by Monday morning/Sunday night.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 22, 2016

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

You neglected to put on your robe and wizard hat which is a game loss. You also failed to shuffle your cards in your hand incessantly, which unfortunately is also a game loss. However you have been awarded a game win for effort and creativity.

You are fair and merciful.

Chamale let's settle this. Let me know when you'll be available. Mostly evenings Eastern time for me, or the weekend.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Frozen_flame posted:

2AM GMT you say? So, five hours after this post? Sweet I'll be logged in and hopefully will actually see messages when they appear.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Hellsau posted:

2AM GMT you say? So, five hours after this post? Sweet I'll be logged in and hopefully will actually see messages when they appear.

Funny how things work out! If I am a little late it'll be because I wanted a drink after this hellshift. Will try to get in on time though.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I'm bad at reading, the minister we battle. Evenings after 8 est are best for me

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

suicidesteve posted:

Don't worry, you already won.

New pairings here. Lawnie let me know when you want to play. This is kind of a bad week for me but I'll be around tonight and for the rest of the week after midnight EST, and also Thursday-Sunday I'll be around from like noon-2PM. Everyone try to get your rounds in by Monday morning/Sunday night.

I can hop on now if you want. Get this out of the way early.

EDIT: i'm idling and it looks like we're buddies. just shoot me a message when you're ready, or holler if tonight doesn't work

Lawnie fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 23, 2016

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

DAD LOST MY IPOD wins 2-1 due to the perfidious clock

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lost 2-1 to DAD LOST MY IPOD.

I honestly timed out because I thought too much. If he hadn't played Jungle Hollow and I had 5 more seconds I would have won G3 off a topdecked bolt, though! :(

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

ShaneB posted:

I honestly timed out because I thought too much. If he hadn't played Jungle Hollow and I had 5 more seconds I would have won G3 off a topdecked bolt, though! :(

top secret GB tech

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

ShaneB posted:

You mean you lost 1-2?

Edit: I won 2/1. Game 1 we both wasted like 5 turns with no plays but I drew a ton of removal and was the first one to hit with an Expedition Map to finish Tron, game 2 I didn't draw removal (not that it would have done much good) and got stomped hard. He mulled to 6 and scryed to the bottom in both games, which tbh is about as unlucky as anyone can get. Game 3 I had a Rolling Thunder on turn 4 that was something like a 19-for-1, though I'll admit I didn't do the math and it may have been as low as 3. I drew a ton of lands (I ended the game with 5 in hand and like 7 in play, plus one that I had sacced) but I ended up being able to buy enough time to whittle his board and hand down. GGs anyway, sorry about the mulls. :(

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 23, 2016

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

You mean you lost 1-2?

Yes sorry mean drum teacher from the movies :(

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

ShaneB posted:

Yes sorry mean drum teacher from the movies :(

Next time will be a game loss. :colbert:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Static Equilibrium I'm on MTGO for the next 2-3 hours.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Hellsau, just got back

E: And actually on modo, not lurking.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 23, 2016

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Oh great, burn. MrOblivious I'll be around mid to late day thursday and beyond, probably not tomorrow.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

suicidesteve posted:

You mean you lost 1-2?

Edit: I won 2/1. Game 1 we both wasted like 5 turns with no plays but I drew a ton of removal and was the first one to hit with an Expedition Map to finish Tron, game 2 I didn't draw removal (not that it would have done much good) and got stomped hard. He mulled to 6 and scryed to the bottom in both games, which tbh is about as unlucky as anyone can get. Game 3 I had a Rolling Thunder on turn 4 that was something like a 19-for-1, though I'll admit I didn't do the math and it may have been as low as 3. I drew a ton of lands (I ended the game with 5 in hand and like 7 in play, plus one that I had sacced) but I ended up being able to buy enough time to whittle his board and hand down. GGs anyway, sorry about the mulls. :(

Game 2 was nearly the nut draw, I only needed a forest or quirion ranger to have lethal on the board turn 3. Unfortunately game 3 was another screw early and just didn't have enough gas in hand to get in before tron + filter rocks were assembled. GG's, this is my first go at the tournament and it's quite fun so far, as well as good practice.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

Static Equilibrium I'm on MTGO for the next 2-3 hours.

I can hop on in like 30 mins or so, see you then.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I won 2 - 0. Temur battle rage is kind of a silly card.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Static Equilibrium posted:

I won 2 - 0. Temur battle rage is kind of a silly card.

Try to play around electrickery, get temur battle-raged, and forget to do math :doh:

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Crushed by Hellsau 0-2.

His deck is hilarious and clearly the USA is not good enough. I might switch it up, that or after next round.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hellsau wins. Hellsau 2 - Frozen_flame 0.

U/B Control is truly great. Kuldotha, you can grind all you want, I'll just sit over here playing my value creatures and then suddenly Capsize lock! Or Ghostly Flicker - Chittering Rats - Mnemonic Wall lock!

It helps that Frozen's draws were clunky and slow - Skyfisher bouncing Chromatic Star isn't optimal.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Here I was bricking it over getting Curse of the Bloody Tome'd, when I first picked up the deck that is all I would see facing me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Frozen_flame posted:

Here I was bricking it over getting Curse of the Bloody Tome'd, when I first picked up the deck that is all I would see facing me.

Nobody's got time for that! More 2/2s please!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

TheLawinator posted:

Oh great, burn. MrOblivious I'll be around mid to late day thursday and beyond, probably not tomorrow.

Alright, I'll be around.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Cactrot? I'll be around on Friday maybe. Otherwise Sunday.

AmericanPsychonaut
Dec 5, 2005

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God. It even has a watermark.

L0cke17 posted:

I'm bad at reading, the minister we battle. Evenings after 8 est are best for me

I'm on night shift this week, so I've only got the afternoons open during the week (CST). Saturday and Sunday I should have a lot of free time though.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Rimusutera posted:

Cactrot? I'll be around on Friday maybe. Otherwise Sunday.

Friday I'm only home for like 2 hours after 3:30 Pacific, Sunday is more open but it'd have to be before 4:00, I'm free tonight and tomorrow night though.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

playground tough posted:

we're playing, i added you on modo (I'm rstephan there) and i'll try pinging you when we're online at the same time. I'm generally on this week during the evenings 8pm-11pm EST. This weekend I should have some time Sunday evening if during the week doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Hey The Shortest Path, I'm a working stiff with pretty standard 9-5 EST hours, and I'm free pretty much every evening except tonight. I'll be sending you a friend request on MTGO though (I'm deadmoscow on there).

• Locked thread