Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Amergin posted:

But Christian mass attacks or mass shootings or bombings are less common.

So if, say, a liberal such as yourself wants to limit gun rights to try and prevent mass attacks (such as by limited magazine sizes) then how is it different to place more police scrutiny on muslim neighborhoods to prevent mass attacks?

See, you keep doing this, and it's not going to go well for you if I respond in kind.

The police aren't trained to "scrutinize" people for extremism. At best they're a response force. At worst, jackbooted hicks with a mandate to harass muslims. No thanks. Secondly, why aren't the police and FBI "scrutinizing" all these hardline evangelical churches for homegrown domestic terrorists? (Don't answer that, we already know the Republicans cut the funding for exactly that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I know we are diverging from u.s. politics, but it's not like there are historical Christian terrorist in the US, or contemporary ones around the world.

While I do agree that the scope is often different, terrorism is not relegated to one religion.

Why are we even having this debate.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

computer parts posted:

There's enough plausible deniability for the Saudi government that we'd probably end up giving them money so they can root out the "rogue billionaires" that are funding terrorism.

Let us be honest here, the sooner we end that league with them the better. Both for our energy policy and for general peace.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Status quo.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Amergin posted:

So if, say, a liberal such as yourself wants to limit gun rights to try and prevent mass attacks (such as by limited magazine sizes) then how is it different to place more police scrutiny on muslim neighborhoods to prevent mass attacks?

Also, equating the regulation of weapons to the regulation of people is ... troubling.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Your response is a quote from a manchild who was not in the military?

Talmonis posted:

The police aren't trained to "scrutinize" people for extremism. At best they're a response force. At worst, jackbooted hicks with a mandate to harass muslims. No thanks. Secondly, why aren't the police and FBI "scrutinizing" all these hardline evangelical churches for homegrown domestic terrorists? (Don't answer that, we already know the Republicans cut the funding for exactly that.)

You seem to misunderstand what police do. Police on a beat near muslim neighborhoods are not a response force, they're proactively keeping an eye out for any radicals moving in, radical movements starting off and/or young men taking sudden trips to Turkey.

Also, again the risk of large scale attacks and bombings from muslim extremists is much higher than from Christian extremists. Globally Islamic Terrorism is much larger in scale than Christian terrorism and as such Islamic Terrorism has more money, resources and people working for it. Because it comes directly from Islamic ideology and theology, they tend to gather, spread their ideology and work in groups. Christian terrorists are often simply insane people who are working by themselves.

You're willfully ignoring the differences between the two just so you can white knight SJW for muslims who hate you. Why?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Dubya was in a the ANG yo.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Well, I found this about a arson fire that was put out by the building's sprinkler system and someone getting arrested after pullng down signage at another building, but do go on about they are equivalent to the France terror attacks that killed 130 people or the Brussels attacks just now that killed over 30 people :allears:

Right wing militias are responsible for both more deaths and attacks in the US than Islamic terrorists, depending on how far back you want to go back with the Klan. Since 1980 they are the overwhelmingly dominant source for terrorist attacks domestically.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

I know we are diverging from u.s. politics, but it's not like there are historical Christian terrorist in the US, or contemporary ones around the world.

While I do agree that the scope is often different, terrorism is not relegated to one religion.

Why? Because to USPol goons, and to D&D goons in general, christian terrorists are just that, christian terrorists. No explanation, no deeper explanation, etc. Muslim terrorists are everything but that though, and as you see above, including your own post, the very idea of speaking of muslim terrorists requires goons to scream about christian terrorists in equal measure because the sole subject of muslim terrorists is sacred and must not be spoken of.

30+ people died in Brussels today? WELL WHAT ABOUT CHRISTIANS

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dubya was in a the ANG yo.

According to liberals he was as much a military man as Kerry, which is to say not much at all.

But when we talk about how our military is apparently one large Christian terrorist unit, now all of a sudden he's a military man?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Amergin posted:

He was the Commander in Chief of all US forces and ordered the invasion of Iraq. I'm starting to get the feeling that you're not entirely behaving in good faith here...

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shageletic posted:

Right wing militias are responsible for both more deaths and attacks in the US than Islamic terrorists, depending on how far back you want to go back with the Klan. Since 1980 they are the overwhelmingly dominant source for terrorist attacks domestically.

Yeah this.

Before we put muslims in camps we should really think about putting all right wing extremists in camps.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crain posted:

Because at that point it'd really just be easier to put them all in camps to monitor them.

And they could escape and attack us so we should move them off shore.

I haven't been able to read Amergin's posts in years so thank you for allowing me to read the dumbest post in 2016 so far.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Why? Because to USPol goons, and to D&D goons in general, christian terrorists are just that, christian terrorists. No explanation, no deeper explanation, etc. Muslim terrorists are everything but that though, and as you see above, including your own post, the very idea of speaking of muslim terrorists requires goons to scream about christian terrorists in equal measure because the sole subject of muslim terrorists is sacred and must not be spoken of.

it's really not a good idea to accuse others of screaming about x when you're typing all caps getting mad that nobody agrees with your vacant bigotry

i think it is, actually, you, who are the Upset One

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Amergin posted:

*The sound a wet far makes*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Because Amergin is having the opposite debate in another site and he needs us to copy paste arguments from.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

porfiria posted:

He was the Commander in Chief of all US forces and ordered the invasion of Iraq. I'm starting to get the feeling that you're not entirely behaving in good faith here...

If that's your barrier then is Obama a Christian Terrorist as he is the Commander in Chief ordering drone strikes that have killed civilians by the dozens?

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah this.

Before we put muslims in camps we should really think about putting all right wing extremists in camps.

If we're loosening the definitions here from "terrorists against other religions" to "terrorists against others, period" can we put all black gang members in camps before we even talk about right wing extremists?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Amergin posted:

Brown people scare me.

:frogon:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Amergin posted:

With talk like this you wouldn't be happy until all clips are rounded up and put into camps.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Shageletic posted:

I haven't been able to read Amergin's posts in years so thank you for allowing me to read the dumbest post in 2016 so far.

I'm clearly being serious and not sarcastic at all.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

According to liberals he was as much a military man as Kerry, which is to say not much at all.

But when we talk about how our military is apparently one large Christian terrorist unit, now all of a sudden he's a military man?

I know you're a troll and get your talking points from other sides, but seriously go gently caress yourself for this.

You're saying that someone who earned both a bronze and silver star along with 3 purple hearts was just as committed as someone who used his family connections to not only avoid the Vietnam war, but also hardly showed up for the limited responsibilities he had in the ANG.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

A Winner is Jew posted:

I know you're a troll and get your talking points from other sides, but seriously go gently caress yourself for this.

You're saying that someone who earned both a bronze and silver star along with 3 purple hearts was just as committed as someone who used his family connections to not only avoid the Vietnam war, but also hardly showed up for the limited responsibilities he had in the ANG.

Right?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Amergin posted:

If that's your barrier then is Obama a Christian Terrorist as he is the Commander in Chief ordering drone strikes that have killed civilians by the dozens?

Um, yes? Also I think you mean more like "barometer" or "threshold" or "criteria"? Your posts are hard to understand.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

If we're loosening the definitions here from "terrorists against other religions" to "terrorists against others, period" can we put all black gang members in camps before we even talk about right wing extremists?

Only if we put cops in camps before black gang members.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

A Winner is Jew posted:

Thank you for making my point for me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crain posted:

I'm clearly being serious and not sarcastic at all.

I was talking about you quoting Amergin. His stupidity is infectious and must be contained for the good of all.

EDIT: And patrolled by law enforcement just in case?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Can't speak for the others, but for me it's about pushing back against overwhelming knee-jerk reactions with worrying undertones or overtones.

I'd love to engage people talking about how to encourage and welcome nicer interpretations of Islam, for example, and I've actually learned a lot here about eg the ways Saudi Arabia exports shitheadery, especially nerd chat in the old Islam thread about Quran translations.

But when GaussianCopula is arguing for warrantless night doorbusting searches of wide areas and he is one of the more reasonable kneejerkers, I feel an obligation to try and dial back the hysteria a bit.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

I've been reading through this all morning, and it started out as "goddammit racists on Reddit". Then people started advocating for that same poo poo that we saw on Reddit. And at the very first sign of that happening, everyone in this thread started making GBS threads on those that were.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it's really not a good idea to accuse others of screaming about x when you're typing all caps getting mad that nobody agrees with your vacant bigotry

i think it is, actually, you, who are the Upset One

Upset? Hmm, I wouldn't say upset, just disappointed at the usual USPol circlejerk about christian terrorists in response to a attack like this. Remember how goons reacted to the San Bernardino terrorist attack? You could see the heartbreak in each post when they realized it wasn't their masturbatory white christian fantasy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've been reading through this all morning, and it started out as "goddammit racists on Reddit". Then people started advocating for that same poo poo that we saw on Reddit. And at the very first sign of that happening, everyone in this thread started making GBS threads on those that were.

The one guy advocating it is a troll who doesn't believe in the things he is saying but people can't help themselves.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Amergin posted:

You seem to misunderstand what police do. Police on a beat near muslim neighborhoods are not a response force, they're proactively keeping an eye out for any radicals moving in, radical movements starting off and/or young men taking sudden trips to Turkey.

Also, again the risk of large scale attacks and bombings from muslim extremists is much higher than from Christian extremists.
Globally Islamic Terrorism is much larger in scale than Christian terrorism and as such Islamic Terrorism has more money, resources and people working for it. Because it comes directly from Islamic ideology and theology, they tend to gather, spread their ideology and work in groups. Christian terrorists are often simply insane people who are working by themselves.

You're willfully ignoring the differences between the two just so you can white knight SJW for muslims who hate you. Why?

The police are not trained to do that in any way. The misunderstanding is yours. They're not part of the community they're "Scrutinizing", and as such have no actual intelligence on any kind of radicalization aside from "I betcha he's a turrorist..." when seeing a young swarthy man with a beard. The police also have no idea who is leaving the country without asking one of the other Actually Trained agencies.

No, it's not. Not in the U.S. at least. Christian terrorists absolutely have organizational backing, and even political protection from the Republican party.

"Muslims who hate you." It's odd, but I've not ever seen one of these supposed muslims who hate me. I mean, I know one girl who dislikes me, but her being a muslim is secondary to the fact that she's a snobby rear end in a top hat. The rest I've met are pretty awesome people. I mean if you're talking looneys in the Middle East, I could care less if they hate me.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Amergin posted:

So AMergin please be clear are you suggesting we put Muslims in camps? Also why doesn't anyone who claims to be concerned call out Saudi Arabia. (To be clear hear when that family and their nation burns I will buy some apple brandy and have a toast. )

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
I wonder if one reason the whole "Christian Terrorism" thing gets brought up is because most people give up and play down to Internet bigots who can't seem to get past the simplest knee jerk analysis of the people who bomb crowds of innocents.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

zoux posted:

The one guy advocating it is a troll who doesn't believe in the things he is saying but people can't help themselves.

I didn't know that at first.

Now I do.

But there's poo poo everywhere. All over the walls... it even got on the ceiling fan, guys. Can we stop?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

Thank you for making my point for me.

What point?

You came here with bull poo poo, I came here with facts.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Talmonis posted:

I mean, I know one girl who dislikes me, but her being a muslim is secondary to the fact that she's a snobby rear end in a top hat.

I'm sure. We've seen your posts.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Upset? Hmm, I wouldn't say upset, just disappointed at the usual USPol circlejerk about christian terrorists in response to a attack like this. Remember how goons reacted to the San Bernardino terrorist attack? You could see the heartbreak in each post when they realized it wasn't their masturbatory white christian fantasy.

people only bring up christian terrorists when other people go off about how all the terrorisms are muslim terrorisms

so not only are you dumb, but you are bad at reading and understanding threads. no wonder you're angry at them lol. so now we have to ask what's broken in your brain that you would continue reading a thread that you hate and circlejerks about things that annoy you. do you have nothing better to do with your time than make yourself angry by reading threads you dont like

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
why are people responding to amergin as though he were not an acknowledged contrarian

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Popular Thug Drink posted:

people only bring up christian terrorists when other people go off about how all the terrorisms are muslim terrorisms

so not only are you dumb, but you are bad at reading and understanding threads. no wonder you're angry at them lol. so now we have to ask what's broken in your brain that you would continue reading a thread that you hate and circlejerks about things that annoy you. do you have nothing better to do with your time than make yourself angry by reading threads you dont like

Two wrongs don't make a right! That applies to internet message boards, too.

Please don't make USPol unreadable by responding to dumb poo poo with your own dumb poo poo, which you admit is happening. I like making fun of politics, that's why this thread exists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

a shameful boehner posted:

why are people responding to amergin as though he were not an acknowledged contrarian

Because !!!LIBERALS!!! duh

LIBERALS

:bahgawd:

• Locked thread