Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Trigger Warning Eifert Posting

https://twitter.com/JimOwczarski/status/711958194696794112

Lol the NFL pretending it wasn't already a foul that they should have called but didn't

This is literally exactly what I want.

Yeah it should have been called during the game, but if they make helmet to helmet hits more stringently called I will be satisfied. Let's see if it's like that RB helmet rule that's never called first, though.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Has a receiver ever gone out of bounds and then come back inbounds and caught it and not have it be a penalty?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

bigmcgaffney posted:

Has a receiver ever gone out of bounds and then come back inbounds and caught it and not have it be a penalty?

I've never seen it, and the rule drives me nuts. I hate it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bigmcgaffney posted:

loving Don Beebe :argh:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Surely we're missing some context on this, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think I like an NFL owner now

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

fsif posted:

Surely we're missing some context on this, right?

It's the dream of every minor league GM to develop players who make it to the NFL.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Linedance posted:

Re: ticket chat -
So this guy who worked in my office has Seahawks season tickets. He's one of these legacy holders who bought them when the team was poo poo and has had them for years. He never goes, he just sells them for a profit. Now, I'm not sure how it works with the Seahawks, but this is where the past tense part comes in. He recently came in to work and attempted to stab a coworker to death, so I'm thinking he might not be in a position to claim those tickets for a while. If the renewal lapses, you think it's possible to call dibs with the hawk's box office?

Why don't you buy them from staby mccoworker directly? He probably needs money for prision soap on a rope. Are season ticket holders allowed to sell them directly? Also kudos on thinking about the tickets 2 minutes after the cops hauled him off.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannebaum what the gently caress kind of logic is that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't really care about the comment. I'm just glad we didn't pay a record contract to OV, I was on the fence about Lamar, and as much as I like Rishard, we just didn't need him.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Linedance posted:

Plenty, but I try to be vague about where I work on the forums for reasons I can't fully explain. It seems like wisdom (but is probably just vague paranoia).

Also I think the victim is paralysed now, so bear that in mind. Might want to check the sightlines for the wheelchair seats at your local stadium first.

I think wheel chair guy might have dibs

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Buy tix from Stabman, sell them to pay victim's med bills.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Miko > Gisele

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Elephanthead posted:

Also kudos on thinking about the tickets 2 minutes after the cops hauled him off.

That just means he has heart and the clutch factor. Thinking on his feet and not afraid of obstacles. Poise. All the makings of a top tier football fan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

I don't really care about the comment. I'm just glad we didn't pay a record contract to OV, I was on the fence about Lamar, and as much as I like Rishard, we just didn't need him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
There really should be an alternate version of that for maximum ownage. AAA Dolphan made sure to post that at me when I warned him that Mike Wallace sucks 3 years ago. Turns out I was correct

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please don't diss our current #2 receiver :suicide:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nah. OV is either good or very good, but he shouldn't be the highest paid DE in the NFL, Lamar Miller seems like he could be great if you just RUN THE DANG BAWL and I'm sure he'll do very well in Houston, and I love Rishard Mathews but we didn't need him and he wanted to go be a #2 somewhere.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There really should be an alternate version of that for maximum ownage. AAA Dolphan made sure to post that at me when I warned him that Mike Wallace sucks 3 years ago. Turns out I was correct

And I dont doubt that after 3 years you're still really, really upset by it, Capn Thinskin. I also remember you not really accepting the fact that your team offered Mike Wallace the contract Antonio Brown accepted first

The biggest loss by far is Lamar Miller. Just so stupid to let him walk. I dont think Ehud said anything that's too out of the ordinary, nor any different than what he's said all year, before they left.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Please don't diss our current #2 receiver :suicide:

He sure is a number 2 alright

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought Dolphins fans were pretty universally upset about the idea of losing either of Mathews or Miller

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bigmcgaffney posted:

You mean other than illegal touching? Yeah I saw it a few times last year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought Dolphins fans were pretty universally upset about the idea of losing either of Mathews or Miller

please don't group us all together, you racist

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

please don't group us all together, you racist

All Dolphins fans look alike

The Texans are going to play on the artificial surface again next season while evaluating how to handle the field issue in the future, so rest easy if your team has a game in Houston, your players' ACLs are in less danger

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

The problem is you don't have replacements for two of those players.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

I'm still mad as hell we lost Miller. loving stupid.

OV I knew was getting super paid and thought he was worth 12 not 18. I'm way more upset we lost Shelby at that price to be honest.

Matthews I really liked but he wouldn't see the field. We should have sent Kenny Stills away and kept him but Still is 900k and Matthews is 5 mil.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 22, 2016

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

And I dont doubt that after 3 years you're still really, really upset by it, Capn Thinskin. I also remember you not really accepting the fact that your team offered Mike Wallace the contract Antonio Brown accepted first

The biggest loss by far is Lamar Miller. Just so stupid to let him walk. I dont think Ehud said anything that's too out of the ordinary, nor any different than what he's said all year, before they left.

:black101:

It was rude, so ofc I remember, gramps

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
NO MORE CHOP BLOCKS! :parrot:

This is huge. What a great rule change.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

The problem is you don't have replacements for two of those players.

I can't figure out which two you mean.

- OV is being replaced by Mario which is either going to be a really smart signing or hilarious

- Rishard was no longer needed because we already have a starting WR corps

- We tried replacing Miller but Denver unexpectedly matched on the Anderson deal. RB is a hole right now, but it's going to be addressed in the draft and we have Ajayi going into his second year.

But honestly, that's kind of beside the point. Our roster composition is dumb right now. The new guys recognize this and they're working on fixing it. There are some gaping holes that need to be fixed, it's gonna take longer than one offseason and it doesn't make sense to try and pay (or in some cases overpay) certain players when you're in this situation.

tldr: I'm happy we aren't winning free agency anymore

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Why don't you buy them from staby mccoworker directly? He probably needs money for prision soap on a rope. Are season ticket holders allowed to sell them directly? Also kudos on thinking about the tickets 2 minutes after the cops hauled him off.

He wasn't interested before, he made too much money reselling them individually. People had enquired. Now I'd have to go find what prison they're holding him in and I still don't think he'd sell them. He's kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Bad Moon posted:

I think wheel chair guy might have dibs

Yeah well sure, but you know, in case he turned them down.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Linedance posted:

He wasn't interested before, he made too much money reselling them individually. People had enquired. Now I'd have to go find what prison they're holding him in and I still don't think he'd sell them. He's kind of an rear end in a top hat.

The guy who came in and stabbed someone is kind of an rear end in a top hat?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

NO MORE CHOP BLOCKS! :parrot:

This is huge. What a great rule change.

Harbs isn't pleased

quote:

Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh made it clear during Tuesday's AFC coaches breakfast that he was not in favor of eliminating the chop block, which is a key piece in the stretch-zone running scheme Baltimore runs.

"Teams have been running the stretch-zone scheme for years," Harbaugh said. "Look at Denver. Look at Houston. It's a great finesse run play."

"Based on a few of the clips that they put in there by one team, that posting and cutting people's knee, that could be cleaned up real simply by getting that team to stop doing that technique," Harbaugh said.

Harbaugh explained that when cut blocking is done properly, the defenders are not at risk of serious injury. He also pointed out that other running schemes could lead to other types of injuries.

A result that could come from the elimination of chop blocks is that running the ball may become much more difficult for teams trying to use the stretch-zone scheme. Coaches have pointed out that cut blocking defensive linemen keeps them from holding at the line of scrimmage, but now they could have more free reign to hold up their blockers.

"Defensive linemen don't want it because they don't want to have to worry about the cut block," Harbaugh said. "They want to hold onto that center and pull themselves through, so two guys are free runners to go hit the back. That cut block on the back side protects the running back from getting smashed in the side of the head from backside pursuit. And it does not put the defensive linemen in any kind of danger, unless it is done as a post and a cut – which if you told that one team, 'That's out, you're going to get called for that. Don't do it anymore.' – we wouldn't have this conversation."

Edit: VVVVVVV please don't badmouth one of the best and most handsome NFL coaches :colbert:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 22, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

John Harbaugh is an idiot

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can someone explain how a chop block works? I'm trying to look for a legal play now that would be illegal under the new ruling.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
They should have banned Chop Blocks when the Elway Broncos made a habit of trying to end people's careers

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

They should have banned Chop Blocks when the Elway Broncos made a habit of trying to end people's careers

When Julius Thomas chop blocked Calais Campbell for no reason and got him injured I was so Mad

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

If I'm remembering right, the Ravens employed frequent chop blocks against Pittsburgh's defense in the infamous "The Ravens have won the Super Bowl Joe Flacco is going to Disney World" week 1 beatdown a few years ago.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

gonna quote that because I can never get enough

dubdrome posted:

quote:

Apparently the Steelers are crying saying that the Ravens Chop-blocked.

I'm sorry while it didn't happen, thats not the reason you lost.

THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL. THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL. JOE FLACCO BEAT THE STEELERS AND THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL THERES A PARADE IN BALTIMORE ALREADY AND JOE'S ON HIS WAY TO DISNEYWORLD

THE RAVENS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They should just get it over with and prohibit hitting all players below the thighs.

Lawrence Tynes is still trying to get the Bucs to pay for ruining his career.

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/...=20160222161505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

gonna quote that because I can never get enough

I wish he had lasted until they actually did win the Superbowl

• Locked thread