Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

punakone posted:

I am sorry, I thought it was okay when inside the EU parliament the speakers were telling the MEPs that those EVIL KALASHNIKOVS are used right at this moment, but I guess standing on top of the dead is okay if it is for your team :)

There were a thousand different ways you could've made your posts, and the one you picked makes it blindingly obvious that you put disgustingly higher priority on gun control than you do on the actual terrorist attacks and the people that died in them. Take that attitude elsewhere or elsewhen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Truga posted:

Hey, I know exactly where you're coming from. If a personal freedom you have gets removed due to some lovely terrorist attack and in no way a fault of your own, it's always lovely (that kind of poo poo is what makes terrorists actually win, if you ask me), but holy poo poo is your excuse for wanting to have a gun dumb, and possibly more importantly, can you at least wait until such a proposal even exists in the first place? I don't have much faith in this world but even I think nothing is going to happen to your lovely gun collection.

The proposal exists and is actually going through the motions in the parliament, they were discussing it during the arrests in Brussels earlier, and even used those arrests as a context for the ban.

CommieGIR posted:

Its not the time. Wait until those politicians actually open their mouth.

Agreed, I am sorry in the way I brought it up.

Freezer posted:

Isn't the Finnish containment zone thread pretty much meant for this? Take your awful poo poo there.

I mean Jesus loving Christ dude, how you manage to take a terrorist attack in Belguim and make it about militias in Finland is beyond me. I'm happy Finland doesn't have a latent terror problem, but it sure as gently caress isn't because the islamists are afraid of a bunch of hillbillies with AKs.

Not a militia and not just about Finland, as Finland is not the whole EU.

YF-23 posted:

There were a thousand different ways you could've made your posts, and the one you picked makes it blindingly obvious that you put disgustingly higher priority on gun control than you do on the actual terrorist attacks and the people that died in them. Take that attitude elsewhere or elsewhen.

I do place personal freedoms higher than terrorist attacks, but I did bring that out in a bad way, I had posted about the gun ban earlier in this thread.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I thought all the replies ITT were about the latest attack, and thought: "*sigh* Figures...let's see how the thread handled it..."

And I come in to find a Finnish hillbilly derailing it into a one-man stand to advocate his gun rights.

Just stop posting. Don't reply to this post, just zip it. Or, like others said, take it to the Finnish containment zone, if you really must bitch about this. You can extrapolate it onto the EU in there just fine, I'm sure.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

I thought all the replies ITT were about the latest attack, and thought: "*sigh* Figures...let's see how the thread handled it..."

And I come in to find a Finnish hillbilly derailing it into a one-man stand to advocate his gun rights.

Just stop posting. Don't reply to this post, just zip it. Or, like others said, take it to the Finnish containment zone, if you really must bitch about this. You can extrapolate it onto the EU in there just fine, I'm sure.

So the best you can reply to posts about actual EU policymaking is ad hominems?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Please cut the derail here.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

punakone posted:

Following the EU gun ban process, yes, absolutely this will be used, just like the arrests days before we're used. The whole process has been locked due to opposition by countries like Finland and others, and the compromise suggested by the chairman country Netherlands was to ban something, anything, just decide on what to ban, nothing that is based on facts or actual research, just fear and feelings. Besides that, the Finnish constitutional court has already declared earlier when we had our school shootings which led to tightening of gun laws here, that there is no need to tighten them further. And I am just going to laugh at your remark of a small militia, maybe do some research first, or do you consider an army of 230 000 active reservists plus non-active and second tier conscripts to be small? I do not look for a chance to relive Winter War, it is about deterring it, hth.

Jeez, maybe you are really too unhinged to have a weapon?:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Jeez, maybe you are really too unhinged to have a weapon?:

Piss off. Your guns suck, your hobby sucks, your concerns suck, ergo you suck. If all gun nut "hobbyists" need to melt down their weaponry and that gets us peace and harmony and all that kumbaya poo poo then that's a sacrifice you'll have to swallow.

Go away. In fact, hang on, I can fix this

gently caress off.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

double nine posted:

Piss off. Your guns suck, your hobby sucks, your concerns suck, ergo you suck. If all gun nut "hobbyists" need to melt down their weaponry and that gets us peace and harmony and all that kumbaya poo poo then that's a sacrifice you'll have to swallow.

Go away. In fact, hang on, I can fix this

gently caress off.

lol i called that guy unstable for being so obsessed with weapons you spaz

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

steinrokkan posted:

lol i called that guy unstable for being so obsessed with weapons you spaz

Deranged gun grabbers too busy foaming at the mouth to actually check that they are directing their insane screech at the right target? Nothing new in here.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

The gun directive started out great actually, it was going to bring gun parts, deactived guns and starter guns more inline inside the EU as a whole, only after Paris did they stack on whole bans on semi-automatic guns and going after collectors.

The guns used in Paris and most likely what the guys had in Belgium originate from the Balkans and most were purchased from company called Kol Arms in Slovakia, where they deactivated them, but this, unlike deactivations in other countries, only was done so that the barrel was welded shut, the guns can be made working again after changing the barrel. The original directive would have dealt with them. Instead now you have fear based legislation that does nothing but hurt legal owners and in Finland's case the training of reservists. I posted earlier in this thread about what the directive entails with the associated links.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
The GUN debate turning into a complete clusterfuck within one page? Colour me shocked. GUN.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guns go boom.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

IN OTHER NEWS, and not only because I can't loving brook gun debates spilling in threads where they are irrelevant, the French Cour de Cassation (highest court there is in matters of justice, in short) has just validated the legality of the wiretaps on Nicolas Sarkozy's phone conversations with his lawyer in which he discussed his plans for peddling influence for the benefit of a judge of that very Cour de Cassation, in exchange for insider info on some other affairs.
This is a severe blow for him, and will hopefully take him out of the presidential election. loving crook.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

IN OTHER NEWS, and not only because I can't loving brook gun debates spilling in threads where they are irrelevant, the French Cour de Cassation (highest court there is in matters of justice, in short) has just validated the legality of the wiretaps on Nicolas Sarkozy's phone conversations with his lawyer in which he discussed his plans for peddling influence for the benefit of a judge of that very Cour de Cassation, in exchange for insider info on some other affairs.
This is a severe blow for him, and will hopefully take him out of the presidential election. loving crook.

If Sarkozy had had a gun nothing like this would have happened.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

For what it's worth he's probably fistpumping right now because there is literally no other news than the Brussels attacks on TV today, even though news of the ruling would have been the first thing out of Pujadas's mouth on any other day.

edit wait lemme check TF1...

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Holy poo poo, the Brussels thread has the shittiest rating in D&D, what the hell is going on in there?

It's the Fins and Eastern Europeans again, isn't it?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

waitwhatno posted:

Holy poo poo, the Brussels thread has the shittiest rating in D&D, what the hell is going on in there?

No, the topic is just "Islam: Religion of Peace???"

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

CommieGIR posted:

230,000 active reservists versus 740k active Russian military and 2 million reservists.

Small potatoes dude. And they come armed with actual military weapons, not whatever AK they could scrounge up.

But at the end of the day: They are not coming, and here you are whining about your loss of gun rights over a terrorist attack. Its not the time, and its not appropriate.

'gently caress these guys, not for what they did, but for the inevitable legislative response'.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

waitwhatno posted:

Yeah. It's our fault.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

khwarezm posted:

'gently caress these guys, not for what they did, but for the inevitable legislative response'.

Actually a good response. It's sad a couple dozen people got bombed, but all of Europe making GBS threads itself and making life suck more than necessary for three hundred million people is the wrong response to terrorism aka a method used by losers to have disproportionate effects on their victims.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

blowfish posted:

Actually a good response. It's sad a couple dozen people got bombed, but all of Europe making GBS threads itself and making life suck more than necessary for three hundred million people is the wrong response to terrorism aka a method used by losers to have disproportionate effects on their victims.

Sorry, what I had in quotes was a notorious response from some gun fanboy in GBS after another mass shooting in the states.

Though that works too!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think abolishing civil liberties as a response to something that resembles a natural disaster is a reasonable response. These things just happen occasionally nowadays, and there is precious little to be done about it.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Yeah it's normal and ok.

waitwhatno posted:

gently caress off. You think it's ok. It isn't.

edit: perhaps he doesn't think it's ok, easy to post that it isn't.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 22, 2016

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Friendly Humour posted:

I don't think abolishing civil liberties as a response to something that resembles a natural disaster is a reasonable response. These things just happen occasionally nowadays, and there is precious little to be done about it.
I agree. The eastern menace is as inscrutable as the wind.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess we could try bombing them back and see if things improve.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Friendly Humour posted:

We should bomb the Saudi royal family to kingdom come.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The kingdoms gotta go

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

While I generally think we should eradicate Wahabism, I'm a bit cautious when talking regime change in the middle east. There are very few instances where that worked out the way we wanted.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are there also some other people you'd like to eradicate, german forums poster GaussianCopula?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Friendly Humour posted:

Keep pigs in the all the metro stations and airports in the country. Charge money for petting them to finance the pigs, Kids pet for free.

In fact, everyone should keep pigs and have them around at all times. What about these micro pigs, that George Clooney keeps as pets? We should ask him where he got these micro hogs.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

While I generally think we should eradicate Wahabism, I'm a bit cautious when talking regime change in the middle east. There are very few instances where that worked out the way we wanted.

given that the worst case scenario is saudi arabia becoming isis country and the current real scenario is saudi arabia already being isis country (but on an export basis and with better pr) there's nowhere to go but up :shrek:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7hvXeOAKw

:haw:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:allears:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That didn't backfire at all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Friendly Humour posted:

That didn't backfire at all.

The comments section is precious "I guess you could say tourism is booming."

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I dont understand, the directive is already in the EU parliament, I posted about it in the thread before.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

punakone posted:

I dont understand, the directive is already in the EU parliament, I posted about it in the thread before.

Nobody cares about your dumb toys and about your weekend soldiers club.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Nobody cares about your dumb toys and about your weekend soldiers club.

Honestly I am saddened that you dont care about the legislative process in EU.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tell me more about legislative process in the EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Friendly Humour posted:

Tell me more about legislative process in the EU.

This but unironically.