Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Phanatic posted:

Bullshit. I find it far more likely that nobody else in that video was going to participate unless he promised not to eat it.

Also, read Stephen King's short story "Survivor Type."

lady fingers they taste just like ladyfingers

Does anybody remember a link earlier in the thread of a description of a man dying of gas gangrene of the head? Something about how he scratched his nose after handling a corpse? I can't seem to find it on google...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Someone I know messaged me on FB saying I was in this video. I am. Number 8! That picture keeps popping up all over the internet and it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXyURZe0fE

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Rondette posted:

Someone I know messaged me on FB saying I was in this video. I am. Number 8! That picture keeps popping up all over the internet and it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXyURZe0fE

i thought that meant you were the weird little goblin thing and i was about to demand a lot of answers from you
neat vid though

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

fun hater posted:

i thought that meant you were the weird little goblin thing and i was about to demand a lot of answers from you
neat vid though

MAYBE I AM

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Phanatic posted:

Bullshit. I find it far more likely that nobody else in that video was going to participate unless he promised not to eat it.

Lady fingers they taste just like lady fingers

e: poo poo there was another page, I am owned

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Phanatic posted:

"If you are what you eat then I haven't changed a bit!"

That was a really good short story.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The Great Burrito posted:

"Cold roast beef."

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

There used to be a Dutch tv show, Proefkonijnen (guinea pigs) , where two guys do all kinds of poo poo to themselves like using electric stimulation to simulate childbirth and wacky things like that.

There's an episode where they actually do eat each other's flesh. It's only a tiny bit, taken from the bum, but they do go through with it. Apparently it's chewy, tastes pretty much like normal meat/beef and it's more the psychological effects that messes with them.

Couldn't find a version with English subtitles, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpymsxLeBlc

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Yeah, I immediately thought of Proefkonijnen, there was a fair bit of controversy surrounding that episode. It's apparently not illegal to eat human flesh on tv, not even when it's someone else's!
I didn't really get the big deal about the backlash, it was done under medical supervision (a tiny cube of flesh was surgically removed) and completely voluntary so whatever. Hardest part was probably finding a willing doctor.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

That line always bugged me. Maybe they look like ladyfingers, but those are cookies.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

RNG posted:

That line always bugged me. Maybe they look like ladyfingers, but those are cookies.

:ssh: I think he was a teensy deranged by that point.

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Mar 21, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
More importantly how did he write with no fingers

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

AnonSpore posted:

More importantly how did he write with no fingers
Before the "ladyfingers" ending, he's trying to decide which hand to cut off.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Seems like the right thread for some Stephen King short stories. I have no idea what this site is, but google turned it up.

Survivor Type
The Jaunt
The End of the Whole Mess

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

RNG posted:

Seems like the right thread for some Stephen King short stories. I have no idea what this site is, but google turned it up.

The Jaunt

This one's great, but it's longer than you'd think :psypop:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

china bot posted:

This one's great, but it's longer than you'd think :psypop:

Yeah The Jaunt and Survivor Type are among my favorite King short stories. I always liked Strawberry Spring because what if you were someone or something terrible and didn't even know it?

e: also pro :psypop: usage there

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Does anybody remember a link earlier in the thread of a description of a man dying of gas gangrene of the head? Something about how he scratched his nose after handling a corpse? I can't seem to find it on google...

http://strangeco.blogspot.com/2015/05/newspaper-clipping-of-day.html

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RNG posted:

Survivor Type
The Jaunt
The End of the Whole Mess

'The Raft' always freaked me out as well as 'Survivor Type'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raft_(short_story)

I think my dad let me read Skeleton Crew when I was way too young, I must have been about 9.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Spider Covets posted:

Christ her face looks like a mask

She's like a Junji Ito drawing come to life.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Big fan of Crouch End. There's that old Family Guy gag about Stephen King trying to turn in a book about a lamp monster, but if you read through the wiki entries on his short stories, you realize that'd be well within his wheelhouse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Deified Data posted:

She's like a Junji Ito drawing come to life.

By reports she was calm and smiling even as they hanged her. I don't know about the first but for the second she likely didn't have much choice.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Would there be any interest in a missing persons thread, probably in A/T?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The discussion about eating human flesh is physically making me ill. I couldn't even watch the introduction parts of those videos. I'm guessing this feeling of malaise is an evolutionary thing? :barf:

I'm usually not that weak-stomached about stuff in this thread

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Last Chance posted:

I'm guessing this feeling of malaise is an evolutionary thing? :barf:

Its definitely a evolutionary selective pressure trait.

It lends poorly to long term survival to eat members of your own species

Your ancestors weren't cannibals and that "dude, no, wtf!" reaction is natures way of keeping you from killing yourself via prion diseases. Plus its kinda sorta gross and unethical to eat people.

wiki article on kuru posted:

Corpses of family members were often buried for days then exhumed once the corpses were infested with maggots at which point the corpse would be dismembered and served with the maggots as a side dish.

Why did I read that article to the end :stonk:

Minarchist has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Mar 22, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Whoops, it's actually illegal to eat your own flesh?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder how the cops respond to hippies eating placenta. Or pee drinkers.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Big fan of Crouch End. There's that old Family Guy gag about Stephen King trying to turn in a book about a lamp monster, but if you read through the wiki entries on his short stories, you realize that'd be well within his wheelhouse.

I think that's my favorite King short, I definitely recommend it (it's also kinda cool he used elements from Lovecraft's writing.)

Minarchist posted:

Your ancestors weren't cannibals and that "dude, no, wtf!" reaction is natures way of keeping you from killing yourself via prion diseases. Plus its kinda sorta gross and unethical to eat people.

Some of the earliest evidence we have of humans is them eating other humans. There are tons of pits filled with bones that have been knifed and chewed on, and findings like that span across a lot of continents and different unrelated groups. Just like a lot of apes and monkeys and related crap out there, we ate whatever we could catch, including other tribes and human subspecies.

Traditionally speaking, we love eatin' us some human and the revulsion we have for it now is likely because of the current ideas we have socially and because of the stuff we've learned scientifically.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Mar 23, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Pick posted:

I don't think it's the consumption that's illegal, it's the acquiring and preparing part that falls on the wrong side of the law. Even if you find a way of obtaining it that's not shady, I'm pretty sure the butchering process is the kind of thing that violates laws about the handling of human remains.

Eating your own is probably the kind of loophole that removes the acquisition from legal issues but finding someone to actually cut parts of you off for no reason is gonna be a problem. Even if it's at your request I think doctors can still be prosecuted by the state for that kind of thing, so they're probably gonna turn you down.

E: According to this random Google result I'm on the right track

Some Lawyer on the Internet posted:

The legal problem is not in the ingestion of human flesh, but in obtaining and preparing such meat in a way that does not violate any number of laws on the books regarding acceptable ways to handle human remains.

Even assuming that you don't actually kill the person whom you wish to ingest, there are many laws that strictly control what you may do with human remains, how they must be handled, and (perhaps most importantly) by whom they must be handled.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Mar 23, 2016

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:barf: :barf: :barf:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Of all the posters who could've made this post, you're one of the least surprising

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

RNG posted:

The Jaunt

The Jaunt is one of the best things I have ever read in my life. It has stuck with me ever since I read it for the first time when I was in high school. The prisoner's reaction, the guy getting rid of his wife by pushing her in with no exit, and of course the final thing he says. "Longer than you think!" I think about how when a dad's telling their kid a story they will exaggerate to be more scary/funny and that he probably exaggerated the amount of time inside way beyond what he personally thought just to make the story better for his son. He had to tell his dad even the most extreme amount of time you could imagine, it's longer than that. That all coming together is just perfect. I'm probably not explaining it right, but it just unnerved me so completely I still think about it all the time. Good to know others like it too.

I'm also a big fan of "lady fingers, just like lady fingers"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Would there be any interest in a missing persons thread, probably in A/T?

That depends, how many police officers are reading?

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Scathach posted:

Some of the earliest evidence we have of humans is them eating other humans. There are tons of pits filled with bones that have been knifed and chewed on, and findings like that span across a lot of continents and different unrelated groups. Just like a lot of apes and monkeys and related crap out there, we ate whatever we could catch, including other tribes and human subspecies.

This isn't necessarily true. Besides the aforementioned risk of prion diseases, the physical evidence isn't unequivocal and could either be some kind of burial rite or the remains of humans killed and eaten by other animals. The idea of widespread cannibalism in the distant human past is difficult to prove either way, of course, but it's unlikely.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Aesop Poprock posted:

Of all the posters who could've made this post, you're one of the least surprising

The list of hosed up ways to summon Pick to a thread grows.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

The Mentalizer posted:

Eating your own is probably the kind of loophole that removes the acquisition from legal issues but finding someone to actually cut parts of you off for no reason is gonna be a problem. Even if it's at your request I think doctors can still be prosecuted by the state for that kind of thing, so they're probably gonna turn you down.
OK, so what if you are having something amputated anyway, and you just want to see what it tastes like while you have the chance?

Seriously, though, I wonder what they do with amputated limbs and if people ever request to save them for whatever reason (dinner, proper burial, making jewelry from the bones, etc).

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

pookel posted:

OK, so what if you are having something amputated anyway, and you just want to see what it tastes like while you have the chance?

Seriously, though, I wonder what they do with amputated limbs and if people ever request to save them for whatever reason (dinner, proper burial, making jewelry from the bones, etc).

They are put in contaminated waste and incinerated.

As far as i know you can only request to keep pulled teeth and not any kind of tissue.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

dpack_1 posted:

They are put in contaminated waste and incinerated.

As far as i know you can only request to keep pulled teeth and not any kind of tissue.

This is incorrect. I believe it varies state to state, but for example I've heard of women coming home from giving birth at the hospital with the placenta to plant/cook/whatever.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the answer is usually no but it can be a case by case thing. Here's some dutch dude who turned his leg into a lamp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773518/Dutch-man-wins-right-amputated-leg-turn-lamp-raise-78-000-buy-prosthetic-limb.html

And I know I've heard about people keeping bones from their amputated limbs before and whittling or doing something else with them

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

DandyLion posted:

This is incorrect. I believe it varies state to state, but for example I've heard of women coming home from giving birth at the hospital with the placenta to plant/cook/whatever.
Yeah, this is a thing. Apparently it's full of iron and is supposedly super healthy (it's a woo thing). My doula friend will dehydrated and encapsulate placentas so you can take them as pills if you're grossed out by the thought of eating it.

Also, my brother had a wart frozen off as a teenager, and the doctor let him keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Well, this is my first effortpost. I been thinking about this subject in particular for weeks, and I guess is now or never (I give you apologies in advance for my short terrible and horrible writing, I’m not used to write long poo poo in a different language)
Let’s introduce you to a little piece of Argentinian history that in the next few days it’s going to turn 40 years old.

The so called “dirty war” (not so much a war, and “dirty” it’s a understatement)

It all begun in 1973, Argentina was coming out of a dictatorship, and a new democratic process was starting, it lasted only 3 years, and it was the precursor of the worst 8 years of Argentinian history.

Long story short, Peron won the elections, and Perón's first actions after taking office were tougher sentences against "sedition" and "subversion", after this the Peronist left-wing split the movement (this is important later on). Peron died less than a year later, and his wife just step up to power, advised by the most horrible people. For example:

Lopez Rega (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_Anticommunist_Alliance):
This beautiful mother fucker was Minister of Social Welfare, and He was promoted to Comisario General, the highest rank in the Federal Police, from this position he led the Argentine Anticommunist Alliance Or best known “Triple A”, was a paramilitary force in charge of killing, executing, and torture left wing sympathizers, political opponents, including judges, police chiefs, and social activists. In total, it is suspected of having killed more than 1500 people.

This was in full democracy. And it’s just a preview of the “State terrorism” that was coming.
By March of 1976 the things in Argentina were pretty agitated, there was a series of left-wing guerrilla groups that opposed the economic and social measures imposed by Peron wife, The “Triple A” just worsened things between right and Left wing.
On March 24th:

”Wikipedia” posted:

Shortly before 01:00 am, President Martínez de Perón was detained and taken by helicopter to El Messidor residence. At 03:10, all television and radio stations were occupied. Regular transmissions were cut and replaced by a military march, after which, the first communique was aired:
"[...] People are advised that as of today, the country is under the operational control of the Joint Chiefs General of the Armed Forces. We recommend all inhabitants the strict compliance of the provisions and directives emanating from the military, security or police authorities, and to be extremely careful to avoid individual or group actions and attitudes that may require drastic intervention from the operating personnel. Signed: GeneralJorge Rafael Videla, Admiral Emilio Eduardo Massera and Brigadier Orlando Ramón Agosti."
State of siege and martial law were implemented, and military patrolling in every major city was established. The morning was seemingly uneventful, but as the day progressed the detentions multiplied. Hundreds of workers, unionists, students and political activists were abducted from their homes, workplaces or in the street.

Well, there in bold is the “unnerving”, I dare to say horrific part of this tale.

”Wikipedia” posted:

Anyone believed to be associated with activist groups, including trade-union members, students (including young students, for example in September 1976 during the Night of the Pencils, an operation directed by Ramón Camps, General and head of the Buenos Aires Provincial Police from April 1976 to December 1977[65]), people who had uncovered evidence of government corruption, and people thought to hold left-wing views (for example French nuns Léonie Duquet and Alice Domon, kidnapped by Alfredo Astiz). Ramón Camps told Clarín in 1984 that he had used torture as a method of interrogation and orchestrated 5,000 forced disappearances, and justified the appropriation of newborns from their imprisoned mothers "because subversive parents will raise subversive children".[153[

Among the brutality committed by the military during this period, there is about 3 or 4 things that really get to me.

1. This was all planned from the beginning. The abductions, kidnaps, torture, killing and vanishing of the bodies were carefully executed by the army and the government. There were concentration camps, where the detainees were questioned, tortured, raped, Blindfolded and placed in boxes about 2 meters by 0.70 meters (6’ 7’’ by 2’ 4’’) an then executed in a lot of ways, one of them I will explain later.
The goal of so much torture was making the “prisoners” snitch other people, but in most cases, the prisoners were just activist without political connections with the left wing guerrilla.
A lot of innocent people was abducted, and “vanished” (“desaparecida” in Spanish).

2. The regular people took it almost naturally, the government started a campaign inflicting fear in the population, with slogans like “if you see something suspicious, go to the authorities” and “silence its health”.
People rationalized everything that happened, if they saw someone being arrested a common phrase was “they must have done something”.

3. Often the people were kidnapped with his family, husband and wife, sometimes the children were taken and later returned to their grandparents.
But if the abducted had a baby or if they kidnaped a pregnant woman, they would take the baby away and give them to military families or friends of the abductors. To be raised in a “catholic Argentinian” family they trust.

Let’s speak about the “average” abduction by the forces of the government:

Imagine you were hanging out in your house, you came home from work tired, the economy is seriously hosed, but you are trying your best. Your pregnant wife give you the classic “we can get over this” talk. Then, you hear a couple of loud tire screeches, and someone start banging loudly the door. You get up to answer, but the door gets kicked in, and a swarm of military men holding rifles gets in (boots, green cargo pants and the usual). You get hit in the head with the butt of a gun, and fall to the floor. Your wife screams, they hit her too, and start ransacking and “searching” for incriminatory poo poo in your house. You try to get up but they kick you in the face and start beating you. From the floor you see how they put a canvas bag over your wife head and handcuff her hands behind her back. They are about to do the same to you.
You hear the voices of the military talking about how they are going to split between them your belongings, but that doesn’t matter to you, you want to get your wife out of this situation.
They get you up, and throw you to the street. Before putting in your head the classic black canvas bag (known around here as “capucha”) you caught a glimpse of two green ford falcon, without plates. Finally the darkness surrounds you, and get thrown into the car trunk with your crying wife.
You can’t see a thing, but can guess which direction you are heading by the noises and bumps in the road.
Let’s say you and your wife end up in the “ESMA” (one of many, many, clandestine detention centers, another way to say concentration camp that was the “Navy Petty-Officers School
of Mechanics”, a school for officials.) It’s situated in one of the wealthiest parts of Buenos Aires, around this horrific place there is a school, a high school, and a train station among other things.
The car stop, the trunk is opened, and they get you out and make you walk punching and kicking. Your wife gets the same treatment, but they take her in other direction.

Here the tale breaks in two. First the husband:
They keep hitting you until they throw you into a sound proofed cell, they get you naked, and tie you to a metal fence. So the questioning begins. Do you know anybody in the left-wing movement? Are you affiliated to a socialist or communist movement?, and poo poo like that. When you don’t answer what they want to hear, they use a live wire to probe your body and test your reactions to 220 volts.
When you pass out, they throw you in a cellar that’s divided in 2m x 0.7m boxes with your hands tied and your head covered.
You can hear people around you, those are others “detainees” in the same conditions, you talk to them, tell them your name, your history, about your wife and future baby. He tells you that the military has a clandestine maternity, where the abductees have their babies. The cycle of torture – passing out – waking up in a box – talking with your cellmates – torture.
After a while, your cellmate has gone, you guess they might have let him free, because that is wat they promise you if you snitch someone.

One night (but you don’t know it’s nighttime) they get you up, and you feel a sting in your neck, seconds later you feel drowsy, and fall sleep standing.
A couple of soldiers drag you to a truck, they load your unconscious body to the truck bed (almost full of people) and start driving somewhere.

A land strip in an airport nearby, hey get you into a plane, tie your hands and feet, you are semi-conscious now, but you don’t get what’s happening, or what’s about to happen.
The plane gets off, rises and flies over the “rio de la plata” waters, and then a soldier open the hatch and start throwing out every drugged and defenseless body to the emptiness below. To the river. You die drowned, or consequence of the fall, it doesn’t matter. Your body washes ashore the next day, and get buried under “john doe” name.

[hint - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_flights ]

The fate of your wife is different, she gets tortured altogether, tied and confined into a room with several other pregnant women, but her life is not so hard, she has another detainee as a companion, to help her during the pregnancy. When de baby is born, the military tell her that they are going to take the baby to the grandparents. After that the mother can be discarded, they drive a bunch of detainees to an empty field, and execute them.
The baby is awarded to a military family, or another friend family, the birth certificate, adoption certificate, everything is forged.

That’s the end of an average “disappearance”.

You would ask, what did the family of the victims did while his/her son/daughter was abducted?
Well, they searched, they went to police stations, hospitals, even to army bases, asking about their sons/daughters/grandsons. And they would get no answers. Nobody knew nothing, or say nothing.

Mothers met each other while trying to find their missing sons and daughters, every day there were more, and with no official answers, they started meetings in front of the presidential palace, trying to denounce the kidnapping to the people, to the international press. They started a group, [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_of_the_Plaza_de_Mayo[/url]Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo (Spanish: Asociación Madres de Plaza de Mayo).

Who could be scared by a group of old ladies with handkerchiefs over their heads?

”Wikipedia” posted:

Just a year after the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo was created, hundreds of women were participating, gathering in the Plaza for weekly demonstrations. They found strength in each other by marching in public, and even attracted some press. They made signs with photos of their children and publicized their children's names. The government tried to marginalize and trivialize their work by calling them "las locas" (the madwomen).[3]
As the number of disappeared grew, the movement grew, and the Mothers gained international attention during the years of the Dirty War. They drew international attention, and began to try and build pressure by outside governments against the Argentine dictatorship by sharing the many stories of the "disappeared". On 10 December 1977, International Human Rights Day, the Mothers published a newspaper advertisement with the names of their missing children. That same night, Azucena Villaflor (one of the original founders) was kidnapped from her home in Avellaneda by a group of armed men. She is reported to have been taken to the infamous ESMA torture centre, and from there on one of the “death flights” to the middle of the ocean. During these flights, the abducted were drugged, stripped and flung into the sea

Killing a couple of the original members may be the way to scare them to leave the topic, right?

NO

They kept fighting, for the memories of their children, for the memory of all the people kidnapped and killed. They grew, A new group formed, “Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo”, a number of mothers that tries to locate children kidnapped during the repression, some of them born to mothers in prison who were later "disappeared"

They investigated, and found their own grandchildren, and restore their true identities (the names chosen by their true families, and not the adopting one.)

Let me tell you a little history of the now president of the group:

Estela de Carlotto

Wikipedia posted:

Enriqueta Estela Barnes was born in Buenos Aires in 1930, into a family ofEnglish origin.[1] Her family relocated to La Plata in 1940, and by 1950, she had become a primary school teacher. She taught in Brandsen, and later in La Plata, where she eventually became a school principal. She married Guido Carlotto, a paint store owner, and they had four children.

A school principal, nothing out of the ordinary, but wait…

”Wikipedia” posted:

Guido Carlotto was then kidnapped on August 5, and was released on August 25 only after payment of 40 million pesos (US$ 90,000), and after being severely tortured.[3]
Their daughter Laura was in turn abducted on November 16, 1977, with her partner, Carlos. She was three months pregnant at the time, and was taken to "La Cacha," a secret detention center in La Plata. The Carlottos were friends of Marta Bignone, whose brother, General Reynaldo Bignone, directed the Campo de Mayo training base (he would be selected President of Argentina by the dictatorship in 1982). Bignone refused to cooperate with the grieving family, however.[3]
Laura Carlotto gave birth at the military hospital in Buenos Aires on June 26, 1978; her captors absconded with the baby, whose legal name would be Guido Carlotto. Subordinates of General Guillermo Suárez Mason (who as head of theArgentine Army First Section oversaw La Cacha) turned over her corpse August 25 to the Carlottos with her face and abdominal area mutilated. One of only a small number of missing dead returned to their families, she was buried on August 27 in La Plata

Nice people the military! They gave her the body of their daughter, but not the baby, and then…:smith:

”Wikipedia” posted:

Retired from her post as principal since August 30, 1978, Mrs. Carlotto became a member of the Abuelas Argentinas con Nietitos Desaparecidos (Argentine Grandmothers with Missing Grandchildren) by April 1979. She then began to seek and demand the release of her grandson and other children kidnapped or disappeared by military forces during the military dictatorship. The group, founded by Alicia de la Cuadra and 11 other grandmothers in a similar situation in 1977, was renamed the Association of Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo in 1980. Mrs. Carlotto became its Vice President, and in 1989 its President.

So, to be clear, they are not there for a revenge, they are searching for their stolen grandsons, they still are looking for them!

quote:

An estimated 500 children were either kidnapped or seized at birth from women in detention during the Dirty War. The vast majority were given or sold to adoptive parents, including numerous perpetrators and accomplices in the murder of their biological parents.[2][4] The Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo located the first missing grandchild in 1984. They secured the establishment of the National Genetic Data Bank for Relatives of Disappeared Children in 1987,[4]and the National Commission for the Right of Identity, an office tasked with facilitating answers to those who doubt the nature of their adoptions, in 1992.[5]Mrs. Carlotto announced the discovery of the 100th grandchild on December 21, 2009

And to finish this with something good…

quote:

Mrs. Carlotto announced on August 5, 2014, that her long-lost grandson had been discovered after he voluntarily came forward for a DNA test.[10] Her grandson, named Ignacio Hurban, leads a jazz orchestra and directs the Rossi Brothers School of Music in Olavarría; he thus became the 114th grandchild to have his true identity discovered by the Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo.[11] Shortly after his public appearance, Hurban changed his name to Ignacio Guido Montoya Carlotto.

:unsmith: