Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Going to Bali in a couple of weeks, needed to make sure my camera wasn't going to run out of space.

Amazon's slinging these for $30 today.

Aw man, make it micro for $30 and I'd be all over that in triplicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
There was about ten minutes of sunshine today in the UK so I got excited on the way home & brought this...

Not a great picture but I grabbed my kid a new bike as a Easter present.

Got these because I'm an old man & my feet hurt after work...

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Got these because I'm an old man & my feet hurt after work...

Should look into getting some super feet insoles instead.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

Try cooking with sous vide, its pretty awesome and does a great job with meat.

Don't you know, only people who can't cook use sous vide. Guys like Thomas Keller and Heston Blumenthal.

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
Sous vide is the crossfit of the culinary world.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Don't you know, only people who can't cook use sous vide. Guys like Thomas Keller and Heston Blumenthal.

Are you Thomas Keller or Heston Blumenthal? If not, what they do is meaningless.

Do you think they skipped the "learn to cook" and went straight to Babby's First Easy Boil Meal Maker?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

Are you Thomas Keller or Heston Blumenthal? If not, what they do is meaningless.

Do you think they skipped the "learn to cook" and went straight to Babby's First Easy Boil Meal Maker?

Nah man its just another tool in the toolbox of cooking methods. The steaks I had from it where amazing.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Boggus posted:

Sous vide is the crossfit of the culinary world.

Atheist vegan spotted.

Content: Moving sucks.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

What makes you think I did?

I probably use the technique a couple times a month, but it's always for results that you literally can't get any other way. It's not a substitute for learning how to cook, but dismissing it completely as a method is pretty dumb.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

I have a super wide but I don't see the point of getting two.

Yeah, the whole reason I bought one was to reduce the number of monitors I'm using.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

PCOS Bill posted:

Well luckily we aren't you, so what you do is meaningless.

Content: Staying in Charleston and Savannah for the last few days, so a ton of oysters and other fine dining. Stayed in two different small, historic inns with my girlfriend and two dogs. Been a loving blast, 'cept for reading Captain Buzzkill's posts above during my downtime.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Please, he's never make it to captain before being fragged.

Hey Beef you using a moving service or Uhauling it?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Movers. I'm never U-Hauling again if I can help it.

Content. New tattoo shortly:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Man up and lift a box.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Been having this on my wishlist for awhile to add to the collection. Dropped to $5 on amazon with prime shipping, so I couldn't say no

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

beefnoodle posted:

Content. New tattoo shortly:

I thought they just taped some loving cling wrap over tattoos. Since you won't even lift your own boxes I'm assuming you aren't tough enough for that.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Man up and lift a box.

When you have someone else paying for the movers, the only thing you need to lift is a cocktail.

sleppy posted:

I thought they just taped some loving cling wrap over tattoos. Since you won't even lift your own boxes I'm assuming you aren't tough enough for that.

PCOS Bill dual-logging.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PCOS Bill posted:

Man up and lift a box.

Why do you hate real job creators?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

He's still bitter about being left behind by white flight.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

From a fellow goon. Can't wait for it to get here Friday!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

couldcareless posted:

Been having this on my wishlist for awhile to add to the collection. Dropped to $5 on amazon with prime shipping, so I couldn't say no

Where first got a bluray player I bought this just to show it off. So pretty.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beefnoodle posted:

He's still bitter about being left behind by white flight.

Wow racism much

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

PleasusChrist posted:

From a fellow goon. Can't wait for it to get here Friday!

You're going to love it. I've had a D7k for years, and I bought my wife a 7200 last year and it is so not fair how well it takes pictures.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god kill me now the pain has already started.

Tonight my wife said "Hey you know what we haven't had in years? Taco Bell."

So I acquiesced.

Just a big bag of tacos. Some hard shell and some soft shell, two bean burritos. We ate two hours ago. I never want to eat again. Why. Why did I listen. There's a reason it's been years.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PCOS Bill posted:

So I acquiesced.

Just a big bag of tacos. Some hard shell and some soft shell, two bean burritos. We ate two hours ago. I never want to eat again. Why. Why did I listen. There's a reason it's been years.

I find that limiting myself to 2 tacos helps.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What kind of sad poor learns to cook anyway? Pay people to do it for you.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Cooking is one of the biggest joys in life.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Guy Fieri

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

So I acquiesced.

:lol::laffo::lol:

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Krakkles posted:

You're going to love it. I've had a D7k for years, and I bought my wife a 7200 last year and it is so not fair how well it takes pictures.

I'm upgrading from a D60. I can not wait to press all the buttons.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dream is to get Bill to my house, cook him an amazing steak that makes him weep. Once he has devoured every last scrap, I will reveal that it was cooked using a Sous Vide by a man that has kissed a boy.

He will grab his knife, open up his belly and die; never to pain in the rear end again.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

So I acquiesced.

Might as well give out advice, right? "Do as I say, not as I do" is impossible advice to follow, as evinced in the classic "Bobo doll" experiment by Bandura. Children watched a confederate researcher on video interacting with a "bobo doll," the kind of inflatable doll you can knock over. In one condition, the researcher hit the doll and there was no consequence; in another condition, the researcher hit the doll and received reinforcement; and in other conditions the confederate was ignored or offered reinforcement for neutral play.

Some children watched the doll be hit, and the confederate be punished. Later, when told they would receive reinforcement to imitate the confederate, the children were able to. Therefore the children were able to initiate generalized imitation, despite the temporal delay and the punishing consequence.

I suggest that if you and your wife are able to conceive, you purchase a book such as "Meaningful Differences" by Hart and Risley; it'll be like bootstraps for your child.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Nashville chicken at KFC is legitimately tasty and spicy. I normally don't care for fast food because the calories don't seem to be worth it. Get the Nashville.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
every time you want to write a scathing bit about pcos bill just laugh at his dumb rear end instead

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
No crunch wrap or dorito taco? What's even the point of going to taco bell then?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
e: wrong thread

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You bought some terrorism?!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Why did you not just get gods taco (the double decker)

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mu Zeta posted:

The Nashville chicken at KFC is legitimately tasty and spicy. I normally don't care for fast food because the calories don't seem to be worth it. Get the Nashville.

Nah it's bland as gently caress, calling this spicy is an insult to spicy food. It's horrendously mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I went to Taco Bell last night, but I'm not a fool and got a god-tier meal (quesarito and cool ranch dorito taco).