Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West007
Apr 21, 2013

funmanguy posted:

Are you in the guild?

Edit: Mathil has a tree that he used for Templar Inquisitor crit Storm Call that he liked. I don't know enough about it to give you much direction outside of maybe getting a 5L chest.

I'm not in the guild right now, the spec I'm playing r is centered around hierophant making your helm a pseudo 5 link. The build supposedly doesnt need 6 links and can use uniques like Carcass Jack, Rimegaze or Geofri's crest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcdougs
Nov 10, 2009
Can I get a guild invite? IGN is UncleDann.

Thanks!

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Bluemillion posted:

Why the gently caress did this never occur to me?

because Chance to Flee has no effect on rare and unique monsters, who are the usual recipients of a single-target skill like Puncture

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

ronya posted:

because Chance to Flee has no effect on rare and unique monsters, who are the usual recipients of a single-target skill like Puncture

Another game mechanic made pointless by only working when you need it less.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Magic monsters have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing for any reason, and rare monsters are immune to this gem's effects.

loving lol

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Coming back to the game and I'm looking to make a CI dude since I've never tried CI before. I always love me some CoC, so I'm looking to go for a budget CoC+Bladefall+EK with CI.

I remember back in the early days, Eye of Chayula + Dream Fragments were pretty much mandatory for any CI build. How come most of the builds I see don't even mention those anymore? Do they just... let themselves get stunned 50% of the time? What happened there?

I'm playing SC because I'm a nervous wreck and I get mad at video games, but out of curiosity, how do you HC types level an eventual CI build? (Or heck, how would you even level as a witch, for that matter?) There are so few life nodes near the witch starting area, and early Merc feels kinda scary when you have middling life and middling ES and you're just pretty much bad at everything.

vvv: Oh didn't know you couldn't get stunned mid-cyclone. I feel kinda bad for buying an Eye of Chayula off Cadiro now. Oh well, it was only like 600 coins, so not too much was lost.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 22, 2016

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

facepalmolive posted:

I remember back in the early days, Eye of Chayula + Dream Fragments were pretty much mandatory for any CI build. How come most of the builds I see don't even mention those anymore? Do they just... let themselves get stunned 50% of the time? What happened there?

You can't be stunned during Cyclone, just frozen, and a Surgeon's whatever flask of Heat will take care of that.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Witches leveling will pretty much always branch to Templar and Shadow to pick up any life they can get. Something like this will be pretty common among many witch builds (exact paths of course depending on build). If they're building for life endgame, they'll probably go down to the Scion wheel as well.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...7Dr5Ovu74jwH_k3

edit: If I was building a crit/AOE build intended to go CI eventually, I might start something like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...-Tr7u-I8B_w1fk3

Elerion fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 22, 2016

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
How do Perandus chests work? Sometimes I've had the same mob just respawn a half dozen times before it opened, do you need to kill them near to it or something?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

gonadic io posted:

How do Perandus chests work? Sometimes I've had the same mob just respawn a half dozen times before it opened, do you need to kill them near to it or something?

You have to keep killing the stuff it spawns until it stops glowing. Kill any Unique monsters from the chest first.

Sometimes though the chest can bug and be unable to be opened.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

facepalmolive posted:

Coming back to the game and I'm looking to make a CI dude since I've never tried CI before. I always love me some CoC, so I'm looking to go for a budget CoC+Bladefall+EK with CI.

I'm playing SC because I'm a nervous wreck and I get mad at video games, but out of curiosity, how do you HC types level an eventual CI build? (Or heck, how would you even level as a witch, for that matter?) There are so few life nodes near the witch starting area, and early Merc feels kinda scary when you have middling life and middling ES and you're just pretty much bad at everything.

vvv: Oh didn't know you couldn't get stunned mid-cyclone. I feel kinda bad for buying an Eye of Chayula off Cadiro now. Oh well, it was only like 600 coins, so not too much was lost.

I'm actually doing a CoC - Bladefall - EK build right now. Was able to 6-link my Voll's Devotion (100% chance for Power Charge on Critical), which helps a lot, pushing my crit rate above 85%.

With Assassin you have higher damage output, with Trickster you have 0 mana cost on your Cyclone, Whirling Blades, Flicker Strike, and Lightning Warp, plus higher Evasion and Energy Shield.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...fVv9tr5N_mk-wk=

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
For phys spells CoC I would lean towards Pathfinder if you have the budget for the unique flasks on top of your CoC gear. The power of the free 1/2 Surgeons on all your unique flasks with Blade Vortex is insane, you can more or less have them up forever even on single target fights.

Scion Berserker + Assassin is the other standard choice, the free 1.5% leech is huge, essentially a 7th link. You also get an extra 1% base crit and some other minor bonuses.

I'm doing Voll's Discharge CoC right now, might try a phys CoC as my next build.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Cinara posted:

For phys spells CoC I would lean towards Pathfinder if you have the budget for the unique flasks on top of your CoC gear. The power of the free 1/2 Surgeons on all your unique flasks with Blade Vortex is insane, you can more or less have them up forever even on single target fights.

Scion Berserker + Assassin is the other standard choice, the free 1.5% leech is huge, essentially a 7th link. You also get an extra 1% base crit and some other minor bonuses.

I'm doing Voll's Discharge CoC right now, might try a phys CoC as my next build.

I'm planning on trying a Discharge build once i can pick up a Voll's devotion to go with my Voll's Protector.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

moush posted:

You have to keep killing the stuff it spawns until it stops glowing. Kill any Unique monsters from the chest first.

They mentioned toggling auras next the chests sometimes helps

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

akkristor posted:

I'm planning on trying a Discharge build once i can pick up a Voll's devotion to go with my Voll's Protector.

It's certainly powerful, the biggest part to me is the near phys damage immunity that comes with having 5 endurance charges at all times.

I think the Pathfinder build is better single target damage due to the power of the free poison gem, but has the huge drawback of wanting a 4 green pure ES chest which takes roughly 1k chromes to get on a high end chest.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

getting my Volls Devotion to 4g cost me over 3k chromatics.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You're playing the Scion version then I assume? I ended up going with Trickster cause I hate the limitations and rolling of Elreon jewelery.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Oh hey thanks. I was actually following this guide as a template (because I'm a huge baby and don't know what's good for me), but I've been trying to trim points here and there (mostly around spell crit/spell crit multi) to make room for more ES nodes because my gear is bound to be poo poo to start.

I'm a big fan of the 40% ES from shield node, since I'll probably start with a crappy 5L evasion or evasion/ES chest to start (because lol GGGGR on a pure ES chest) and perhaps move into a Voll's Protector, neither of which have high ES to begin with, so I'll be getting a huge chunk of my ES from my shield anyway. Then again, maybe I'm just overvaluing that node.

I do like your tree a lot. Seems pretty point-efficient. I think I'm going to steal it.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Cinara posted:

It's certainly powerful, the biggest part to me is the near phys damage immunity that comes with having 5 endurance charges at all times.

This is why Marauder Juggernaut is so great. 8 endurance charges, plain reduced ele damage, just no fucks given. Blasphemy Warlord's Mark with Stun/Fortify Leap Slam. I'd have to gently caress up pretty hard to die.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

no, i went Shadow / Trickster. I like having 0 mana costs on my main abilities, plus the extra ES and EVA. At first I used Discipline - Hated - Blasphemy and reserved 99% of my mana. I've switched to Herald of Ice now.

I needed 4 green for Cast on Crit - Cyclone - Bladefall - Ethereal Knives. Ended up with 2 Red slots, currently using Life Leech and [Enhance / Item Quanity / Fortify]

Current Build:
Auras:
Discipline
Herald of Ice
Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark
Vaal Haste

Support
Summon Ice Golem
Cast on Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Glacial Cascace - Ethereal Knives (need to rework this. Drop the CoDT and IC to level 1 in their own link, free up 2 slots)

Main attack
Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Bladefall - Ethereal Knives - Life Leech - [Enhance / Item Quanity / Fortify]

Secondary Attack
Whirling Blades - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Ripost - Reconing - Inc Crit Damage - Inc Crit strikes

Lightning Warp (for moving through traps in the lab)

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

facepalmolive posted:

Oh hey thanks. I was actually following this guide as a template (because I'm a huge baby and don't know what's good for me), but I've been trying to trim points here and there (mostly around spell crit/spell crit multi) to make room for more ES nodes because my gear is bound to be poo poo to start.

I'm a big fan of the 40% ES from shield node, since I'll probably start with a crappy 5L evasion or evasion/ES chest to start (because lol GGGGR on a pure ES chest) and perhaps move into a Voll's Protector, neither of which have high ES to begin with, so I'll be getting a huge chunk of my ES from my shield anyway. Then again, maybe I'm just overvaluing that node.

I do like your tree a lot. Seems pretty point-efficient. I think I'm going to steal it.

Heh, that's actually the same guide I was using that I started tweaking.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Currently I'm using Voll's Protector, Maligario's Virtuocity, and The Vertex, and even with those three i'm at 6.5k ES. Once I get good pure ES Helm and Gloves, I should be able to hit 7.5 - 8k ES.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Ahh, 4 green for the phys spells version, I was thinking you wanted the 4 green for Discharge. As Trickster you really want 3g 2b 1r, Scion would want 4g 2b, both for Discharge of course.

EDIT: I love Trickster. I have a lovely 200 ES helm and only a 370 ES shield and have 8.9k ES, couple upgrades and a level or two and I should break 10k.

This is where I am at now, https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cinara/characters

So far T14 maps are a complete joke, have not had any T15s drop yet to try those.

Currently saving towards a 6link Voll's while I throw random fusings at a 6socket one I have in hopes it happens. Once that happens I plan on chaos spamming a Hubris Circlet till I get something good.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 22, 2016

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Ada posted:

They mentioned toggling auras next the chests sometimes helps

I noticed this happening a lot with my summoner, and realised it's because ALL of the minions are out of LoS of the chest. Presumably the resurrect ray that comes from the chest can't go through corners. My minions were pulling the mobs away from the chest.

Now I run past the chest before aggroing the pack, never happens.

Herb Dington fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 22, 2016

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moush posted:

This is partially untrue. It might be a bug, but killing the monsters too far away from the chest stops it from resurrecting them, leaving you unable to feed the chest enough souls for it to open. If you make sure the chest is in view before slaughtering, you'll never have a chest become permalocked.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Stuntman posted:

This is partially untrue. It might be a bug, but killing the monsters too far away from the chest stops it from resurrecting them, leaving you unable to feed the chest enough souls for it to open. If you make sure the chest is in view before slaughtering, you'll never have a chest become permalocked.

This, but I've had it happen close to a chest, just all bodies around the corner ^^

As long as one minion remains in range/LoS it will open.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
One of the weekend patches claimed to fix the un-openable chest problem. I haven't seen it in the past few nights.

I have a T5ish capable Cyclone Marauder/Berzerker here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JawnV/characters

Not sure where to go. It's fine for zoning out and chewing through Lake runs, but whenever I'm partied with folks it feels like my clear speed is just dragging the group down. Survivability's decent, damage is ok when I can actually get to an enemy. My next few passives are going to the Life cluster near Scion. Any advice?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

Any advice?

Try Earthquake. 2h RT Cyclone isn't as hot anymore, Earthquake can use the same everything you're doing right now but should work out to a lot more damage. You essentially have 1 damage gem linked to your Cyclone in your "5link", with Inc AoE, Fortify and Blood Magic, Melee Phys is the only one directly adding damage. Cyclone with it's high mana cost forces you into running Blood Magic as a link.

Earthquake, especially if you can 5link that Marohi, will allow more damage links and you might even try dropping Fortify and just using it on a leap slam link. EQ can be more of a ranged skill so it's a bit safer.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never let your customer think too long about the purchase :v:

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Can I get a guild invite please? IGN: Orgbas

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Cinara posted:

Try Earthquake. 2h RT Cyclone isn't as hot anymore, Earthquake can use the same everything you're doing right now but should work out to a lot more damage. You essentially have 1 damage gem linked to your Cyclone in your "5link", with Inc AoE, Fortify and Blood Magic, Melee Phys is the only one directly adding damage. Cyclone with it's high mana cost forces you into running Blood Magic as a link.
Thanks! I've been leveling a EQ gem but didn't really understand where it would fit in. With the Enlighten boosted & hatred/HoA/HoI auras, I'm just able to squeeze Leap Slam on mana once a second or so. Quickest EQ would be swapping in EQ for Melee Phys and Faster Attacks for Cyclone, I'll give that a shot.

I was following this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302337 . Is there a recommended thread for EQ builds?

Cinara posted:

Earthquake, especially if you can 5link that Marohi, will allow more damage links and you might even try dropping Fortify and just using it on a leap slam link. EQ can be more of a ranged skill so it's a bit safer.
I'm not rolling in orbs, but getting closer to the 150 fusings for a guaranteed 5l. Is that the way to go or is it worth actually using currency?

One last question, and it's probably my costliest mistake: Does anyone take the Savage Hit & leech nodes in Berzerker or is the 40% damage/10% damage taken the only correct choice?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

One of the weekend patches claimed to fix the un-openable chest problem. I haven't seen it in the past few nights.

I have a T5ish capable Cyclone Marauder/Berzerker here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JawnV/characters

Not sure where to go. It's fine for zoning out and chewing through Lake runs, but whenever I'm partied with folks it feels like my clear speed is just dragging the group down. Survivability's decent, damage is ok when I can actually get to an enemy. My next few passives are going to the Life cluster near Scion. Any advice?

You should not be using Cyclone with a Marohi Erqi. Movement and attack speed are large parts of its DPS, Marohi fucks both of them. If you're going to stick with Cyclone, use Hezmana's bloodlust. Your gear is in desperate need of an upgrade. Your belt, left ring, amulet, and armor are hot garbage. 30 chaos should be enough to get some basic mapping gear. I'd also suggest dropping some of those jewel sockets for damage nodes that are much more efficient.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

West007 posted:

Can I get a guild invite please? IGN: Orgbas

Sent one your way.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Here's another installment of "Tora You Lazy Bitch"

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Anyone running SRS have a good build they want to share? Or are zombies / spectres the way to go?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

whypick1 posted:

"There's a pack of loving porcupines in there, gently caress that, I'ma wait for some exile to come along and do it for me."

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

whypick1 posted:

I was pleasantly surprised when this happened to me too. No one said this was going to be easy.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so..

I've been running an earthquake marauder juggernaut,

my arc templar died...

Anyone got a decent clear speed/survivable build to try next? I only play hardcore and I'd like something to do some merc labs/high mapping fast.

Oh, and i'm a dirty casual so it takes a week to get to 66+ even speed running to level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Can I get an invite to the guild? IGN: Oblasa

• Locked thread