Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

you're really not this dumb, right?

He's a paid Hillary supporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

at this point the only way kasich has a future in politics is if he hitches his star to trump and trump wins. if trump loses kasich will have, in the eyes of the republican party, thrown a winnable election by sabotaging a candidate that could have won, and they will cast him into the wilderness.

I don't think the RNC/GOPe/whatever has shown anything remotely like that level of control over the process this cycle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
how many GOP careers has trump shitcanned by now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Adar posted:

And then there are those of us in the goddamn GMT that have bets riding on this

have you considered gambling on something a little better for your mental well being? like, say, russian roulette?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He's a paid Hillary supporter.

the dumb part is I don't get paid to do this, I don't know why this dumb conspiracy comes up. next election I'll make sure to register with the goon section of opensecrets.com

edit: I mean feel free to refute what I said

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

have you considered gambling on something a little better for your mental well being? like, say, russian roulette?

But this makes me too much money :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm already white knuckled over the fate of my country and indeed the world, but goddamn if I had money on it too?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

at this point the only way kasich has a future in politics is if he hitches his star to trump and trump wins. if trump loses kasich will have, in the eyes of the republican party, thrown a winnable election by sabotaging a candidate that could have won, and they will cast him into the wilderness.

Kasich is already 63 and has done about all you can reasonably expect to do in US politics (20 years in the House, 6 of those as Chair of the Budget Committee, two-term Governor) besides maybe a term or two in the Senate. He'll leave Columbus after his term then cash in his private sector connections to earn an absurd amount of money to sit in conference rooms six weeks a year with other rich white guys. He'll be fine with all of this.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

at this point predictit is like russian roulette where the berniebros go first and every chamber has a bullet.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

at this point predictit is like russian roulette where the berniebros go first and every chamber has a bullet.

it seems like a pretty easy place to make money considering you are betting against other peoples expectations and people can be pretty dumb

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

babypolis posted:

it seems like a pretty easy place to make money considering you are betting against other peoples expectations and people can be pretty dumb

if your an obsessive politics goon like the people on this forum you can make money just paying attention more than 99% of other people do.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

babypolis posted:

Yeah people in this very forum make a good amount of money off of it. It probably has the most wishful thinking and overreaction of any of the betting markets.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just gonna post this all in its entirety because jesus loving christ

quote:

Donald Trump on Tuesday speculated that harsh interrogation techniques, including torture, could have helped prevent the terrorist attacks in Brussels on Tuesday that killed at least 31 and wounded hundreds more.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked Trump about Paris attacker Salah Abdeslam, who was captured in Belgium last week and is reportedly talking with investigators.

“Well you know he may be talking, but he’ll talk a lot faster with the torture," Trump said, remarking that if he would have talked sooner, perhaps Tuesday's attacks could have been prevented.

When Blitzer pointed out the military's stated opposition to waterboarding, Trump surmised that they secretly supported it and only said that they opposed it for political reasons. "I think they’re told to say that politically. I believe in it 100 percent," he declared.

Responding to the notion that he would be changing international law in order to legally waterboard suspected enemy combatants, Trump remarked that he would suggest the "eggheads" who came up with the law should flip to CNN, which as Trump spoke played footage from the attacks.

"And I would be willing to bet, when I’m seeing all of the bodies laying all over the floor, including young, beautiful children, laying dead on the floor, I would say if they watched that, maybe, just maybe they’ll approve waterboarding and other things," he said.

Trump also backed Ted Cruz's proposal on Tuesday to patrol Muslim neighborhoods as a new security measure. “Yes, I would. I think that’s a good idea," Trump said in the telephone interview.

Asked how he would find out where Muslim neighborhoods are, Trump said, "You do it. You do it."

“Let me tell you: I bet you the local police know much more [about] what’s going on than anybody would understand," Trump said, adding that like gangs, "local police know plenty about the Muslims, too."

Trump also decried the "soft country" the United States has become, like other countries. "It's going to get a lot tougher. Watch. Because people can't take this," Trump predicted.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
point me towards some irrationally exuberant Kaisch supporters to whom i can sell a bridge or two

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
lol if kasich prevents cruz from getting >50% in UT. if he really cared about stopping trump, he should have dropped out after winning OH

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

they will cast him into the wilderness.

But he's already in Ohio?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

also :yikes:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

point me towards some irrationally exuberant Kaisch supporters to whom i can sell a bridge or two

We have one in this very thread!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

DaveWoo posted:

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you tonight

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
I missed it, can someone explain the >50% thing?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I've decided that tonight I am going to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN by playing the Donald Trump's America mod in CIV 5.

I'm going to build the wall, and the AZTECS will pay for it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fooma posted:

I missed it, can someone explain the >50% thing?

If you get past a certain percentage of the vote in some states rather than getting proportional delegates based on how much you won you just get everything. It's a silly system but lets not act as if primarys are meant to make sense.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

hellfire is too good for this orange skinned troll doll

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Venom Snake posted:

If you get past a certain percentage of the vote in some states rather than getting proportional delegates based on how much you won you just get everything. It's a silly system but lets not act as if primarys are meant to make sense.

To add to this, many of the winner-take-all rules were instituted to keep the primary season from lasting too long, and helping the frontrunner consolidate support quickly

somewhere, a finger on a monkey paw curls up

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I think the Donald Trump's America civ needs some work. First, Universities should be replaced with TRUMP Universities that generate gold and angry citizens but no science.

Second, there should be a luxury item added called Trump steaks.

Third, Trump's special ability should be THE ART OF THE DEAL - all deals are agreed upon by rival civs no matter how ludicrous.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Hm yes patrol Muslim neighborhoods. How do we determine Muslim neighborhoods? Well you just do, obviously, whether you're talking a radius around mosques, or databases, or I don't know some sort of real world physical marking just thinking out loud here.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

shiksa posted:

Hm yes patrol Muslim neighborhoods. How do we determine Muslim neighborhoods? Well you just do, obviously, whether you're talking a radius around mosques, or databases, or I don't know some sort of real world physical marking just thinking out loud here.

It sure would be a lot easier to do if we got them all to move into the same areas.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWucnDoZR4&t=27s

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

I think the Donald Trump's America civ needs some work. First, Universities should be replaced with TRUMP Universities that generate gold and angry citizens but no science.

Third, Trump's special ability should be THE ART OF THE DEAL - all deals are agreed upon by rival civs no matter how ludicrous.

Replace all luxury resources and natural resources with Trump brand products. Trump wine, Trump steaks, Trump mutton, Trump bananas...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

A Trump civ would be accurate if only that you get great deals but people declare war on you constantly. The twist is your capital can never die so you just get reduced to almost nothing every once in a while when you piss off half the world. You can never actually win but you get to piss off a lot of people.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alternatively just rename the Venice civ Trumpice

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

paging Top Bunk Wanker for vigorous Trump defense against these liberals

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Please do not doxx D&D regulars.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

shiksa posted:

They think areas like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42jpuXJPk0w&t=185s exist or will exist in America. Think the Towers in The Wire.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand's campaign is over, but his posting pictures of himself standing alone and looking sad to his social media accounts will never die.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"I guess I'm still running for president, or else I wouldn't be standing in front of this dumbass bridge."

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Joementum posted:

Rand's campaign is over, but his posting pictures of himself standing alone and looking sad to his social media accounts will never die.

Maybe they just had hundreds of these ready to go and already entered as scheduled tweets. Now there is no IT guy to turn it off.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

mango sentinel posted:

Right wing Trump hater Erick, son of Erick has picked up "lol nothing matters."

Wonder if he reads this thread.

It's disingenuous as gently caress, they act like Trump came out of a vacuum, that they had no idea that he was a petty, misogynistic racist idiot when they were all falling all over themselves to kiss his ring after all the birther non-sense.

They will never stop Trump until they are honest with themselves and everyone else and admit they went to far, things got out of control and then pay the penalty for doing so. If not Trump himself this same poo poo is going to happen in 2 year and 4 years and 6 years, etc. If they really want to stop all this Trump insanity they have to let him win the nomination, disavow him and his statements and beliefs and say we will be back in 4 years as a party that has learned from it's mistakes, that they aren't going to do this pandering to racists and idiots non-sense and then they have a real chance at pulling some of the people that will vote in droves for Hillary because of Trump.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Ryan's not going to fully endorse Trump tomorrow either, his statement will be even more milquetoast than that. He'll just say stuff like "we need to be civil with each other," "Obama is partially to blame," etc.

Partly? Don't be ridiculous, it's well established that Obama is singularly responsible for tearing apart this great nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

taqueso posted:

Maybe they just had hundreds of these ready to go and already entered as scheduled tweets. Now there is no IT guy to turn it off.

Somewhere, there is a man in a bomb shelter uploading a photo every three days to reset a mysterious countdown

"it's...it's not happening today" he sighs, as he pushes the button

• Locked thread