Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Medullah posted:

I *think* that questionnaire was intended for use for KOTFE "season 2".

I know I read they're hiring an analyst for in game rewards/cartel market so hopefully they're looking to gather feedback about what people actually want and would use.

This stuff would be a lot better if they had a costume unlock thing like DCUO where you don't have to store all the extra pieces. You can kind of do this with costume options but it could be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

mastajake posted:

How about we run one of the conquest ones tomorrow night? 6 CDT seems to be working for most people, but earlier might be better since it's the weekend.

I'll run EV, but it'd have to be a bit later. Hosting a dinner party this evening :agesilaus:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

Conversely, only select rocket boost and have unlimited rocket boost. :D

Yeah, I was gonna say, you guys have it backwards. I really hope they don't fix the unlimited rocket boost "bug" with random mounts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

mastajake posted:

This stuff would be a lot better if they had a costume unlock thing like DCUO where you don't have to store all the extra pieces. You can kind of do this with costume options but it could be better.

You mean like collections?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, you guys have it backwards. I really hope they don't fix the unlimited rocket boost "bug" with random mounts.

Unless I'm missing something, random mount rocket boost doesn't have the main advantage of rocket boost because you can take it/activate it inside? So your just left with a slower mount that you have to reactivate after 12 seconds and disappears the second an enemy targets you...

Pretty much the only time I've found it useful is that brief window between getting rocket boost and piloting on alts.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

You mean like collections?

Like collections but without having to collect an entire set before storing it, and also being able to store the hundreds of pieces of gear that come from places other than the Cartel Market. Several other games have a system for this in place, and even WoW is making it a big feature of their next expansion.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
So I'm sitting on top of a sandcrawler, having gotten there just too late to catch the balloon. I'm waiting. I can be patient. The balloon floats away, goes out of sight, and eventually comes back into view. It's going to be back in just a few minutes. And then the balloon winks out of existence. :doom:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Like collections but without having to collect an entire set before storing it, and also being able to store the hundreds of pieces of gear that come from places other than the Cartel Market. Several other games have a system for this in place, and even WoW is making it a big feature of their next expansion.

Yeah, I really wish they'd add a wardrobe for non cartel market armors. I could clear out 3/4 of my cargo holds of old raid armor and stuff. I get that they want you buying the entire set of cartel gear to unlock in collections, but it would be nice if individual pieces could be stored for that character only so you don't have to hold onto that one piece you have no interest in the rest of the set for.

prefect posted:

So I'm sitting on top of a sandcrawler, having gotten there just too late to catch the balloon. I'm waiting. I can be patient. The balloon floats away, goes out of sight, and eventually comes back into view. It's going to be back in just a few minutes. And then the balloon winks out of existence. :doom:

Just coordinate with a Juggernaut a time to get those datacrons. Ignore balloon, just have Juggernaut force push you up, then intercede up to you to get it themselves.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yeah, I really wish they'd add a wardrobe for non cartel market armors. I could clear out 3/4 of my cargo holds of old raid armor and stuff. I get that they want you buying the entire set of cartel gear to unlock in collections, but it would be nice if individual pieces could be stored for that character only so you don't have to hold onto that one piece you have no interest in the rest of the set for.

Just coordinate with a Juggernaut a time to get those datacrons. Ignore balloon, just have Juggernaut force push you up, then intercede up to you to get it themselves.

No kidding. Having a place to put all the pieces of legacy armor from those crates would be wonderful.

FOXDIE
Mar 31, 2014
Been gone for a few months thanks to school, how is this game looking population-wise? I know whenever I get on reddit's r/SWTOR it's full of people saying the game is a ghost town and Bioware has failed us and we should all cancel our subscriptions before it's TOO LATE, but then I get on here and people seem to be enjoying the game quite a bit more.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

FOXDIE posted:

Been gone for a few months thanks to school, how is this game looking population-wise? I know whenever I get on reddit's r/SWTOR it's full of people saying the game is a ghost town and Bioware has failed us and we should all cancel our subscriptions before it's TOO LATE, but then I get on here and people seem to be enjoying the game quite a bit more.

Progression raiding guilds are dying every day, but casual play and story mode stuff is populated. Just don't expect an endgame.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FOXDIE posted:

It's a great time to be playing the game if you're interested in the story and haven't gone through all 8 class/stories along with the expansions. The KOTFE storyline is pretty cool too, though now that it's a chapter a month it's dragging a bit.

Now, if you're looking for a MMORPG with raids and group activity, it's a bad time for the game. The last new raid came out with the release of Shadow of Revan back in October of 2014, so endgame is severely lacking.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Just bought the Amazon bundle. What should I blow all my cartel coins on? Also, what's different about subscription versus preferred?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

wookieepelt posted:

Just bought the Amazon bundle. What should I blow all my cartel coins on? Also, what's different about subscription versus preferred?

Preferred is basically free to play with slightly fewer annoyances. Subscribing is joining the SWTOR Master Race.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Anyone have a good link to hardmode boss guides? I found some on Dulfy and others on the swtor forum but none are consistent and I swear some are out of date now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Richard M Nixon posted:

Anyone have a good link to hardmode boss guides? I found some on Dulfy and others on the swtor forum but none are consistent and I swear some are out of date now.

Dulfys Hard Mode raiding guides are all still accurate. The level might not be right for the older ones, since all HM raids are now level 65, but the strategies are the same.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The Underworld Anarchist pants have butt lights, one on each cheek.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I may be playing this game too much. I had a dream that I was in high school with Lana Beniko.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For people that love grinding Conquest I'll select Nar Shaddaa when I go home for lunch so you can get that sweet sweet heroic mission credit

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Ooh, I should have no problem doing that on both characters this time around

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Colonial Air Force posted:

Ooh, I should have no problem doing that on both characters this time around

Both Republic and Imperial conquest has been set for Nar Shaddaa. Heroic mission away.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
is there a specific encryption we need

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
edit: oops

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I think we've been going with engineering.

Are we running any ops this week? I'm good for tonight and tomorrow if we are.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think we've been going with engineering.

Are we running any ops this week? I'm good for tonight and tomorrow if we are.

If you guys organize something and need me let me know. I'm not really actively playing too much but can log on as needed.

Hey Oedzi, we might be able to unlock more of the ship, we have quite a few Engineering Encryptions.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

We were thinking tomorrow night, the usual time. 7EDT (could do 8 if it's better for others).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

We were thinking tomorrow night, the usual time. 7EDT (could do 8 if it's better for others).

Tomorrow night's group finder is Temple of Sacrifice, if you're feeling particularly brave! :D (Really it's a pretty easy operation except for Underlurker, and sometimes commanders if people are dumb)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

KP is conquest, though, and you know... we still need that hat.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
So. This is my gift to you.

As well as

And

And also

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

okay, yeah.

if all the subscriber rewards until you get the stupid HK mission are all going to be HK bullshit, I'm going to unsub for a while after whatever deadline happens. If I weren't paid up through April I'd probably just do it now because a 3hr mission once a month isn't really compelling content.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

okay, yeah.

if all the subscriber rewards until you get the stupid HK mission are all going to be HK bullshit, I'm going to unsub for a while after whatever deadline happens. If I weren't paid up through April I'd probably just do it now because a 3hr mission once a month isn't really compelling content.

I wish it were 3 hours. :(

I like the sabers, Nonentity. Nice and simple to go with the simple crystals.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL YOUR BOSSES TO GET WEAPONS ADDED TO OUTFIT DESIGNER FFS

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

As well as

And

And also

Do those have standard blade animations or are they also Kylo blades?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

7 EDT should work for me. I'll probably be on with my healer again.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

I wish it were 3 hours. :(

I like the sabers, Nonentity. Nice and simple to go with the simple crystals.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL YOUR BOSSES TO GET WEAPONS ADDED TO OUTFIT DESIGNER FFS

NEVER!!!!

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Earlier the better, I am off on thursday so can prolly make it : )

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nonentity posted:

As well as

And

And also

More lightsabers I have to buy. Purty. :D

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Sell the original Tracer Missile animation on the Cartel Market.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Dark Juno posted:

Sell the original Tracer Missile animation on the Cartel Market.

Why are there two of you and which one of you keeps posting this on r/swtor also?

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Why are there two of you and which one of you keeps posting this on r/swtor also?

Why wouldn't there be two of me? I'm not the only person who wants the original animation back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Dark Juno posted:

Why wouldn't there be two of me? I'm not the only person who wants the original animation back.

because only two people are dense enough to post in this thread on a near weekly basis about it like it matters
Just use fusion missile ffs if you want them to bend over so bad

• Locked thread