Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Let's just say that there isn't exactly a flood of people from Minnesota TO Wisconsin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The west coast consists of 3 states. California, which has a coast, Oregon, which has a coast, and Washington, which has a coast. The ocean is the qualifying factor here. .

Alaska is even more west and has even more coast.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

small hendren posted:

In the midwest they say worsh instead of wash, or horsh instead of horse.

of corsh they do.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Earwicker posted:

Hawaii is even Westerer.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dangerllama posted:

…yeah…so…"the west" doesn't mean "west coast."

also, as a Coloradan, you should know better than to associate us with California in such a manner.

Yeahhhhhh, Really Southwest shouldn't have Oklahoma, they're Midwestern as gently caress, but it should include Nevada and Utah, and probably Colorado since historically they've been far more involved with the culture of the US Southwest.

And whomever says Minnesota isn't Midwestern, I assure you, you bland snowbirding RV driving mother fuckers who can't figure out how the fast lane works, you're midwesterners, you call it loving "pop" you sub human filth

naem
May 29, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Hawaii is even Westerer.

Hawaii is so west it's almost east again

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Earwicker posted:

They don't count since they are not in the CONUS. They are their own beasts.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

My house is just behind those trees. That's the gas station where I buy my sugar free Red-Bull and beef-sticks. They know me there. Also that billboard is now an LED billboard. It's fancy.

I used to work at that auto-parts store on the right. There's a really cool locally owned sporting goods store down the street. They have all sorts of rad military surplus stuff.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 23, 2016

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm in Wisconsin.

I agree with you 100%.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are "The Northwoods" we really don't consider ourselves mid-western. Just like North Dakota and South Dakota would call themselves "The Great Plains".

For content:

The Driftless area

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The midwest is depressing, the south is scary. Both are awful but like hell I'm going to deal with winter every again in my life lmao

Synthetic Violence
Oct 18, 2012

Fuck machine.
Grimey Drawer

mostlygray posted:

Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are "The Northwoods" we really don't consider ourselves mid-western. Just like North Dakota and South Dakota would call themselves "The Great Plains".

For content:

The Driftless area

You are not mid-western, that much is certain.

You are in fact discount Canadians. You should be ashamed.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

naem
May 29, 2011

Synthetic Violence posted:

You are not mid-western, that much is certain.

You are in fact discount Canadians. You should be ashamed.

Begone elf! There is no place for you in skyrim

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeahhhhhh, Really Southwest shouldn't have Oklahoma, they're Midwestern as gently caress, but it should include Nevada and Utah, and probably Colorado since historically they've been far more involved with the culture of the US Southwest.

And whomever says Minnesota isn't Midwestern, I assure you, you bland snowbirding RV driving mother fuckers who can't figure out how the fast lane works, you're midwesterners, you call it loving "pop" you sub human filth

Oklahoma is its own thing. It's the Texas Containment Zone.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Hawaii is even Westerer.

Nah, Alaska is farther west then Hawaii. Also farther east. Alaska is big.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is it, this is the Midwest. It's too large, its out of style, its just nice enough you'd never replace it but just bad enough you know you should, and it has the game on. The beer can stains covering the top are there, but not shown.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Mostly North Dakota

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Des moines Is p cool. If you watched the 1st round of ncaa tourney, you saw some nice photos of it. Thx for visiting!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I enjoyed north and south dakota while I was there but its waaay too close to nebraska which is the closest I ever came to dying of boredom.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

JB50 posted:

I looked it up:

Had to stick two bottles in him. Two! To wear him down and bring him up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jastiger posted:

Des moines Is p cool. If you watched the 1st round of ncaa tourney, you saw some nice photos of it. Thx for visiting!

Des Moines Ranked One of the Fattest Cities
http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Des-Moines-Ranked-One-of-the-Fattest-Cities-373258431.html

21 Arrested in Prostitution Sting
http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/21-Arrested-in-Prostitution-Sting-373264311.html

Bunch of fat horny white boys.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This college is not in the Midwest and they should be sued for false advertising.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

That is one rowdy trout.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
I would like to reiterate that minnesota and wisconsin are definitely midwest and anyone who disagrees is welcome to peddle their gay rear end recumbent bicycles back to madison where scum like them belong

and why the gently caress is that trout wearing a bdsm blindfold?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I am not a book posted:

I would like to reiterate that minnesota and wisconsin are definitely midwest and anyone who disagrees is welcome to peddle their gay rear end recumbent bicycles back to madison where scum like them belong

and why the gently caress is that trout wearing a bdsm blindfold?

How long have you lived in the midwest? its not enough to capture and kill animals for food. You seriously gently caress them after the kill. Just watch any hunting show. WOW THATS A BEAUTIFUL DEER DALE. GOD drat LOOK AT HOW PURTTY THAT DEAR IS DALE. *grunt* turn the camera off Dale..

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Goodpancakes posted:

How long have you lived in the midwest? its not enough to capture and kill animals for food. You seriously gently caress them after the kill. Just watch any hunting show. WOW THATS A BEAUTIFUL DEER DALE. GOD drat LOOK AT HOW PURTTY THAT DEAR IS DALE. *grunt* turn the camera off Dale..

idk about you but my turgid manhood would tear a trout apart. not even any point in trying to stick it in
moose though???:getin:

everyone in the midwest fucks cows

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Uh I live in the Appalachia part. Cows are p rare around here.

instead its relatives

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Everytime I saw this it pissed me off. Junction City, KS.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Grognan posted:

Everytime I saw this it pissed me off. Junction City, KS.

Pisses me off too, they really need to tighten that top sign.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jastiger posted:

Iowa is a loving shithole. It's like Wisconsin if you took away Madison, Milwaukee, and Green Bay.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

OctoberBlues posted:

This college is not in the Midwest and they should be sued for false advertising.

I saw that too and was confused. They do have one in Arizona but the main one is in Illinois

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
There's a blizzard warning out west, a winter storm warning up north, and a tornado watch to the south. Lousy Smarch weather.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i live in minnesota. two weeks ago this happened

Very Bad Doggy Crashes Semi in Mankato

and i am CONVINCED that this doggie is what has inspired our local children to begin stealing heavy equipment for joyrides. the following incident took place a week after our canine friend's adventure: Teen's St. Paul-to-Hopkins front-end loader joy ride ends with crash into building

quote:

A 15-year-old boy fired up a front-end loader under cover of darkness in St. Paul and lumbered along city streets on a joy ride spanning at least 22 miles and nearly four hours through the University of Minnesota, downtown Minneapolis and along Lake Street before crashing into a Hopkins auto dealership building. [...]

Maximum speed for the 9-ton John Deere 544 is 10.7 miles per hour.

then a few days after that, some kid steals a cement truck! Boy who took cement mixer on high-speed joy ride was 11 years old

quote:

Police officer Gary Scofield knew early on in the chase that the kid behind the wheel of a stolen cement truck that tore through Dodge County and Dodge Center, Minn., for more than an hour Sunday afternoon was a juvenile.

But it wasn't until after Scofield's squad was intentionally broadsided, totaled and out of commission that he found out the boy was just 11 years old.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Midwest, gif edition!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Linux Pirate posted:

Midwest, gif edition!

you've never been to the midwest have you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012