Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

"You guys wanted depressed, low budget Iron Man rip off, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:lol:

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Decided to play necromancer for the first time this season and won, which is always good, but it's the other players that truly make it fun. Worst player on the other team (it's always the worst player) made it more interesting.

I think that "sat you" means kiting around mid during a team fight when you hold the point? His whispers evolved into the standard level of derangement as he kept sacrificing himself upon the mid point as the game went on.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Godamn that iron man outfit is hilarious, I actually liked the savant outfit before it but this one is even better.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It was really funny and sad at the same time to read about the devs justify the 800 gem outfits of iron man battlesuits and twig armor. "But it's _so_ hard to make armor sets and requires so much effort!" well boo hoo. Sometimes try to go where the bar isn't the lowest, perchance?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
This is what outfits should be imo, stupid looking poo poo. Also make armour plz

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Outfits rule.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
But clipping...(States at buttflaps and shoulders that clip through everything)

I hope the next expansion adds more armor and dungeons (or fractals). Hell, I would be happy with 5 player versions of the Raids tuned down. Here's to hoping SAB is permanent this time around. We need to have some content that isn't locked behind 10man class/gear composition or stupid giant maps that take forever.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

J3ng4 posted:

I hope the next expansion adds more armor and dungeons (or fractals). Hell, I would be happy with 5 player versions of the Raids tuned down. Here's to hoping SAB is permanent this time around. We need to have some content that isn't locked behind 10man class/gear composition or stupid giant maps that take forever.

What do you mean "this time around"?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Funny how the fit is radically different on the female model. Power armor vs. heavy plated catsuit

Boob plate.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I wish this was my halloween costume irl

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Lizard Wizard posted:

What do you mean "this time around"?

April 1st, SAB.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

You better not be playing with my heart, Visidan.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Alteisen posted:

Boob plate.

All the boob plate in the world shall be yours. But you shall never, ever, see a butt.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

All the boob plate in the world shall be yours. But you shall never, ever, see a butt.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Alteisen posted:

Boob plate.

Crotch V.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
why do asura's have a small tail?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
thats a boil

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I wish the new glider was a jump pack so i can roleplay a space marine

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Can you express this in the form of a wildstar attunement graphic please?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

thats a boil

congrats, you made asura even grosser

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

heavy plated catsuit

mods namechange

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 23, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eh the crotch v doesn't bother me, the boob plate though tickles my autism bone to much, if you are a WARRIOR you want to deflect blows away from you a boob plate wouldn't do that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That'd be a good defense, boobs are just like bags of sand anyways.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i get this feeling they just have a generic boobplate model sitting around and when they need a new outfit they slap some new little things on it and give it a fresh coat of paint

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

i think star citizen might be more of a game than this now

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dukka posted:

i think star citizen might be more of a game than this now

i'd rather pay for jpegs than outfits

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Jesus, my eyes glazed over a quarter of the way into that. I don't want to follow a loving process like work, holy poo poo that sounds awful, this is supposed to be a fun "game". I'll just die with Cletus until I get ascended drops rather than all that.

That long multi-step process boils down to "Keep playing fractals so you have more AR for more fractals." If you convert your Pristine Relics into regular relics (via fractal vendor) getting your versatile infusions isn't too time consuming.

Having ascended armor makes the process of acquiring AR simpler, the advice you're getting revolves around hitting certain breakpoints for certain fractals that you don't really need to think about if you just gradually work on building to 150 AR.

Out of that 150, 42 is expected to come from armor. If you can fill out your Moot/shield/back/trinkets/rings with the remaining 108 AR, you're good to go for up to fractal 77, which is the last swamp most people run anyway.

If you want a shopping list:

pre:
[] +11 Agony Infusion (x2)
[] +10 Agony Infusion (x3)
[] +5/7 Versatile Infusion (as many as you have slots for)

[] Attunement Costs (Per Ring)
     [] Agonized Essence (x1, costs 24 silver & 1 normal relic)
     [] +1 Agony Infusion (x1, literally everywhere)
     [] Philosopher's Stone (x1, bought in packs of ten for one Spirit Shard)

[] Infuse Cost (Backpiece)
     [] Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence (x1, drops from enemies in fractals 30+)
     [] Gift of Ascension (x1, costs 500 relics + 25 silver)
     [] Globs of Ectoplasm (x250...yea)
Aside from the Ectos for the back, it's all stuff you'll get just by doing fractals anyway, so it's not really any special effort beyond /wiki if you forget something. The lack of fun will come from the boredom induced by fractals themselves, not from checking things off the list.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Well at least screenshots look ok at 10fps :v:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Cyron posted:

why do asura's have a small tail?

Vestigal tail nub.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this will happen

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
On male characters the outfit is weird but that's okay and I'd actually buy it. But on female ones it's just awful and not worth buying. I take it back. Not even the artists at Anet are worth a drat.

Blasphemeral posted:

If the ANet folks in this thread take away any one thing, it should be this. The end game is entirely pretty princess dress-up. I've run out of interesting new outfit pieces to work towards and have been playing much, much less because of it.

I've always found the effort/reward divide for skins in this game to have a really odd rift. Am I the only one? Let me explain:[...]

I don't know if I'm the only one to wonder why there's such a huge gulf in between the Casual Tier and the Overachiever Tier, but it seems like some seriously underused design space. There's a bunch of people you could be catering to that would love more challenges in that range. And the existing players that already go above that range would have their play experience extended by also seeking out stuff in that range.

I can't be the only one wondering, "What's the deal with not having more offerings in that investment range?" Even adding more stuff in the Overachiever Tier would be good, assuming it's not deprecated and under-rewarded, which makes what does exist in that tier even less useful.

This has always bothered me even tho I almost tolerate the overachiever tier because that's somewhat of an MMO standard (it shouldn't be, but MMOs are awful). The fact HoT basically has only the three last tiers and outfits on the gem store makes it so much worse.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Wooo, first time in Ruby! Had a really good stomp of a game and made a 3 person party out of it and crushed our way through Sapphire over the course of an hour and a half. I had a ton of trouble just making it to Sapphire last season, so this is a big deal for me :buddy:

I think I'll even try to get Diamond, if I keep partying with my new friends from tonight we can totally do it!

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 23, 2016

Aug 24, 2011

after coasting through on a 90% win rate up to diamond, the matches are suddenly actually difficult and i am not good at this game

Aug 24, 2011

hotm map chat still arguing about donald trump

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The new outfit is good.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

orcane posted:

This has always bothered me even tho I almost tolerate the overachiever tier because that's somewhat of an MMO standard (it shouldn't be, but MMOs are awful). The fact HoT basically has only the three last tiers and outfits on the gem store makes it so much worse.

I'm glad my effortpost didn't get completely lost at the bottom of the last page. :shobon:

Visidan posted:

April 1st, SAB.

I really hope so. I never got to see it except in people's lovely Youtube streams. Is the day finally nearing? :pray:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Blasphemeral posted:

I'm glad my effortpost didn't get completely lost at the bottom of the last page. :shobon:

I really hope so. I never got to see it except in people's lovely Youtube streams. Is the day finally nearing? :pray:

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

it's only a matter of time Arus.

• Locked thread