Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Actually picking Ashe is done almost exclusively for her crowd control, and 30% more volleys and Enchanted Crystal Arrows are definitely better than 'you do an extra 50% total AD damage on every aa after the first' because you have 4 other champions that are allowed to buy and deal a modicum of damage as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

DolphinCop posted:

gimping your damage to slightly improve a support skill you won't be able to use more than once per teamfight anyway is not a winning strategy

Ashe Arrow is one of the strongest initiations in the game and being able to use it more is good

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dota had a solo queue only mode before they added visible mmr queue and no one played it. now that there is visible mmr they have one rank for parties and one for solo, while both groups go into the same queue different numbers go up. i think riot will eventually do something like this.

the problem of "oh i got the troll 4man unlucky" still exists but in solo queue you can still get the 1 troll that can just as easily ruin the game for you so who cares. plus this makes group boosting or whatever idiot poo poo reddit was worried about not viable compared to the old "play on your account" boosting.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Also Ashe isn't a hyper-carry she is a utility ADC. The only hypercarries left are Vayne, Twitch and maaaaaybe Jinx.

Jhin?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
lmao, I mention solo queue and all the strawmen come out of the loving cornfield jfc

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

lmao, I mention solo queue and all the strawmen come out of the loving cornfield jfc

Alright mister thin skin, why the gently caress do you care about solo queue that badly?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

DolphinCop posted:

gimping your damage to slightly improve a support skill you won't be able to use more than once per teamfight anyway is not a winning strategy

you think ashe is a utility carry because you are deliberately buying items that reduce her damage output significantly

http://probuilds.net/champions/details/Ashe

????? Man I guess no one in high level play build essence reaver on ashe because it's bad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Alright mister thin skin, why the gently caress do you care about solo queue that badly?

im heading to work, when I get back I'll do a full DANKMEMES write-up on solo queue with no name calling straw manning or misrepresentation or misquoting of other people which is what happens every single loving time this discussion comes up

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Luna Was Here posted:

im heading to work, when I get back I'll do a full DANKMEMES write-up on solo queue with no name calling straw manning or misrepresentation or misquoting of other people which is what happens every single loving time this discussion comes up

Solo q is bad

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Counterpoint: It's good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Who cares, you disgusting "rank players"? Normal queue superiority!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

henkman posted:

http://probuilds.net/champions/details/Ashe

????? Man I guess no one in high level play build essence reaver on ashe because it's bad

I like how the top build as of right now has Zhonya's.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Well, Aurelion Sol has like, over 100 lines for interacting with things throughout the game, from Dragon to towers and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKDY8uXMWGc&t=27s

He's such a saucy bitch, I love it.

"A Snowglobe! *gasp* Perfect for my collecti... To destroy you... DESTROY YOU!"

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 23, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Isn't Ashe called a utility carry by like..everyone at pro level play?

yes

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tired Moritz posted:

Who cares, you disgusting "rank players"? Normal queue superiority!

I'm starting to realize I just don't like ranked queue. In normals, I can expect things like:

1. A support that actually wards (a little) and doesn't steal farm.
2. Friendly teammates.
3. A jungler that ganks before L19.
4. Lane opponents that don't just shove you up under tower leaving you desperately pinging for a jungler who would rather come in after you and your support are dead, and make it a clean triple for the enemy ADC.
5. A trolls every 10 games, as opposed to every other game.

Rather than the gongshow of ranked.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Replace the words ranked and normal and i believe you'll have hit on something

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

NTT posted:

Replace the words ranked and normal and i believe you'll have hit on something

Your statement is wrong and stupid tbh.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Did they just kill 'Nid jungle?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Hermetic posted:

I'm starting to realize I just don't like ranked queue. In normals, I can expect things like:

2. Friendly teammates.
4. Lane opponents that don't just shove you up under tower leaving you desperately pinging for a jungler who would rather come in after you and your support are dead, and make it a clean triple for the enemy ADC.

sounds like u need to get good my man

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Luna Was Here posted:

how else are you supposed to discuss things with people :confused:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Okay so how do I get into one of these cool kid clubs for dorks?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Did they just kill 'Nid jungle?

That's the prevailing opinion. I hope she's gone. I hate it when I have someone on my team that thinks they can copy :siren:BIG LCS PLAYS:siren: but then go ahead and lose horribly to a Shyvana or Yi. :bravo:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Hermetic posted:

2. Friendly teammates.

*rips out a huuuuuuuuge wet fart*

"man this post rules, i better post it in the LoL thread!"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Why do people love wet farts so much

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kokoro Wish posted:

Well, Aurelion Sol has like, over 100 lines for interacting with things throughout the game, from Dragon to towers and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKDY8uXMWGc&t=27s

He's such a saucy bitch, I love it.

"A Snowglobe! *gasp* Perfect for my collecti... To destroy you... DESTROY YOU!"

some of these lines are just the best. I can't wait to play as saucy grandpa celestial dragon

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Lady Naga posted:

Why do people love wet farts so much

it's a popular pallet cleanser to Hermetic's posting

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Man, I got a lot of manbabies super mad by liking something they don't like. This makes me very happy.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You got maybe three people in some vague agreement that they dislike you, chill.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Lady Naga posted:

You got maybe three people in some vague agreement that they dislike you, chill.

Remember when the entire thread told you to stop posting? You didn't seem to get the hint.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

NTT posted:

i don't even hate Hermetic or anything (i dont hate anyone in thread cause youre all my friends!!!!) this is just funny af

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 23, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hermetic posted:

Remember when the entire thread told you to stop posting? You didn't seem to get the hint.

That was also maybe two or three people, you really need some perspective.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Lady Naga posted:

That was also maybe two or three people, you really need some perspective.

Says the person who spent a page raging that someone said they were wrong. :3:

You really are the most abrasive poster.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hermetic posted:

Says the person who spent a page raging that someone said they were wrong. :3:

You really are the most abrasive poster.

Thank you I will put your opinion into consideration.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Lady Naga posted:

Thank you I will put your opinion into consideration.

I bet I could keep you going in a desperate attempt for the last word for a good page or three. But I'll let you have it with your next insightful and well-thought out opus.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think we could all solve this by the first person who buys me Star Guardian Lux is cool and right and good at posting.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
If you lane swap in a normal game you are weak of spirit, constitution, and heart. The worst kind of person, just shameful

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

rabidsquid posted:

I think we could all solve this by the first person who buys me Star Guardian Lux is cool and right and good at posting.

I almost never play Lux and I still own that skin because it is boss as gently caress.

I mean, I'm not buying it for you, but at least we can all agree it's the best skin, with the possible exception of Dragon Trainer Tristana.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Their team's Poppy.

My team's Poppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Hermetic posted:

Man, I got a lot of manbabies super mad by liking something they don't like. This makes me very happy.

i dunno, many of us don't like regular babies posting about how their anecdotal experiences prove whatever childish trappings of the mind led them to a conclusion such as "ranked is an overall worse experience than normals" when you literally just described any old game of low ranked league of legends (normals, by the way, actually have a matchmaking/ranking system, but it is invisible)

drat man, why are you throwing your duo partner to the wolves, that is entirely uncalled for! :mad:

mad props to chumpell, however, for making a Game Winning Play.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 23, 2016

• Locked thread