Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I feel there is more to this story than we let on. He could be a doppleganger.

We're all a little bit Jay when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, which speedster is Barry going to befriend before their sudden but inevitable betrayal next year?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Barry getting pissed they were keeping Speedroids from him was kind of nonsensical.

"Hey I've been working really hard, you mean I could have taken a shortcut to achieve massive gains!?!"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhyno posted:

Well clearly she's coming back after she develops speed powers. Duh.

Good thing there's a perfect speedsterette costume waiting for her at STAR Labs

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am very excited for the new Iris / editor love plotline.

So is the HR department at Central City Picture-News.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BrianWilly posted:

Soooooo...there's no setup for the crossover on this show at all? Or, Barry's gonna go to Supergirl-Earth on Monday, and we're gonna reveal on Tuesday how it happened?
Either that or it'll be a one-sided crossover that never gets mentioned in The Flash at all.

CaptainCaveman posted:

Well, it was revealed for the viewers in the previous episode.
In a way that directly contradicts their theory that it was Jay being in two places at the same time though. Zoom carrying dead Jay back to his lair wasn't a trick to fool them because they couldn't see him. Also Caitlin tested Jay and found no trace of speed force, so that kind of disproves it as well. I'm still betting on my "Jay got split into three people" theory.

FilthyImp posted:

Barry getting pissed they were keeping Speedroids from him was kind of nonsensical.
Given that it's deadly, yeah. But they seemed to be making a way smaller deal of that than some weird idea that he shouldn't take shortcuts or cheat, like as though it's some sort of friendly competition or something? "If you can't beat Zoom on your own then it's just not worth doing. The only one you'd be cheating is yourself!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's really bothering me they kept saying Jay was taking v9. He was taking v6. Wells developed v7, and Snow developed v8 and v9, which Jay took once and may possibly have been a cure for v6 poisoning.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus

Tiggum posted:

t they seemed to be making a way smaller deal of that than some weird idea that he shouldn't take shortcuts or cheat, like as though it's some sort of friendly competition or something? "If you can't beat Zoom on your own then it's just not worth doing. The only one you'd be cheating is yourself!"

Yeah, they were taking the v9=steroids analogy so far that it sounded a lot more like they were talking about baseball than multiverse battles with a supervillain.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

I feel there is more to this story than we let on. He could be a doppleganger.

We're all a little bit Jay when you think about it.

Well, given that we saw Zoom Jay carrying the corpse of WhinyJay, it's not hard to believe.

The point there was to catch the characters close to up to where we are now. They still don't know there were multiple Jays. Just that Zoom is Zoom Jay.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Great episode except for all the Iris stuff. I also liked that the seemingly unrelated villain of the week ended up tying into the larger arc. RIP Trajectory. You were actually pretty good at using your powers until you OD'd on GoesFast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is it just me or does Jesse's character seems all over the place?

Also, I can't wait till we get the spinoff show about Jesse, Patty and Barry's dad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Barry's dad as Max Mercury, Jessie Wells as Jessie Quick and Patty Spivot as new Trajectory.

They're fast on their feet.

The Leg Ends of Tomorrow.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

No Butt Stuff posted:

Well, given that we saw Zoom Jay carrying the corpse of WhinyJay, it's not hard to believe.

The point there was to catch the characters close to up to where we are now. They still don't know there were multiple Jays. Just that Zoom is Zoom Jay.

When there are too many Jays, you have to start ruthlessly killing them off.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I thought that the Flash's deal is that he has a bunch of recurring, fun villains?

I'm just wondering why they went with the crazy murderers they keep murdering route for the show

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Trajectory's cornrows looked great, but lol at that being part of her speedster costume. "I'm gonna do a bunch of speed stuff, even faster than the Flash, but first I gotta stop at the salon for a couple hours"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I thought that the Flash's deal is that he has a bunch of recurring, fun villains?

I'm just wondering why they went with the crazy murderers they keep murdering route for the show

2 of them are on Legends and 1 is Mark Hamill which is going to be a problem availability wise.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Kinda getting tired of good characters getting put on public transit to disappear. Only main characters get cars I guess.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
god, I hope Iris is on the next bus

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Trajectory's cornrows looked great, but lol at that being part of her speedster costume. "I'm gonna do a bunch of speed stuff, even faster than the Flash, but first I gotta stop at the salon for a couple hours"

if only she knew someone with super speed who could style her hair for her...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aphrodite posted:

2 of them are on Legends and 1 is Mark Hamill which is going to be a problem availability wise.

Mark Hamil plays a crazy murderer too so I don't know where "fun" comes out of that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Good to see that even in different universes people still ignore their tools when they're functioning properly.

'Oh my metahuman alert is going off all the time, guess it's time to Homebrew that poo poo because it's obnoxious!' :downs:

If Jesse hadn't been written off the show, I'd assume the first thing she'd do is ask Wells to calibrate it so Barry and Cisco don't set it off anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

So, which speedster is Barry going to befriend before their sudden but inevitable betrayal next year?

Himself from the future.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
You could have just lifted the glass off Barry.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
So why is Barry so drat mad at the end of the episode? That reveal means absolutely nothing, since it can be another alternate universe Jay like with Cisko, or a clone, or someone from the future. Am I missing something?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

evilmiera posted:

So why is Barry so drat mad at the end of the episode? That reveal means absolutely nothing, since it can be another alternate universe Jay like with Cisko, or a clone, or someone from the future. Am I missing something?
The idea is he's pissed off that he's getting betrayed by another mentor, who is also an evil speedster.

The problem here is that, unlike with Eobard, Jay has barely ever been a mentor to Barry this season. He taught Barry one lightning trick and has done almost nothing else of worth since, probably because he was too afraid he'd reveal himself as Zoom.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Iris: "Isn't it so weird that we're married both in the future and on Earth-2? Welp, gonna try to gently caress my boss now, bye."

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

evilmiera posted:

You are missing all the other obvious hints that their Jay is Zoom. It's not dumb because it's maybe not Jay, it's dumb because Jay sucks and Barry shouldn't be THAT mad over being betrayed by someone we never saw him having a real relationship with.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ruddiger posted:

Iris: "Isn't it so weird that we're married both in the future and on Earth-2? Welp, gonna try to gently caress my boss now, bye."

oh yeah, what the gently caress was that? "what do you think our Earth 2 selves are doing right now?" "loving"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like Wally's total pointless appearance. It did seem like maybe they were thinking of setting him and Jesse together? Maybe he can go try to find her and Barry's dad. Maybe Linda is there too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My brain shut off - what happened to Jesse

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man I don't know how I can come back to watching this after having seen Daredevil S2.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

ruddiger posted:

I know that's what the show was going for, but all I could think about with her turn around on the boss situation was, "Oh gently caress, I embarrassed my boss, he might make my working life miserable or fire me. Now that I'm not caught off guard I should let him recover some of his self esteem."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

My brain shut off - what happened to Jesse

She got on a bus to go live with Patti and Barry's dad, to be seen in the new DCW series, a sitcom featuring all 3 endlessly gossiping about what a dork Barry is.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Scyantific posted:

Man I don't know how I can come back to watching this after having seen Daredevil S2.

This is the exact thought I was having, but I was saving it for the Arrow thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's weird, disappointing last few episodes and weaker fight scenes than season 1 should have you all set for Arrow and Flash.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
I really started to laugh when Barry started screaming at the end, like I know that the show wants you to think that Jay was a big mentor or something to him but they never showed him as that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lomzus posted:

I really started to laugh when Barry started screaming at the end, like I know that the show wants you to think that Jay was a big mentor or something to him but they never showed him as that.

I was really hoping he'd head to some mountains somewhere and scream 'JAYYYYYYY' and fall to his knees with the echo answering back.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
"If I don't stop someone from killing themselves with speed drugs, it's still technically murder, right? God, I miss killing metas."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lomzus posted:

I know, why did they have him do that? It was just weird.

• Locked thread