Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Are the imperial knights pretty recent / new? I don't remember them at all. Games Workshop's trying to appeal to warmachine fans eh?

Haven't played since college. Or maybe they existed and its just nobody I knew fielded them?

jadebullet posted:

Thanks man. It's for my Forsaken Chaos Marine warband.

Is that like your own personal faction and colors? I haven't heard of any traitor chapter called the forsaken. If so, cool stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zaphod42 posted:

Are the imperial knights pretty recent / new? I don't remember them at all. Games Workshop's trying to appeal to warmachine fans eh?

Haven't played since college. Or maybe they existed and its just nobody I knew fielded them?
To Epic fans actually

They're something like 2 years old at this point.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

Now for some Grot Tanks! I painted these up quick, as I'm using them in a game with Sisko in about 12 hours.

I can confirm that Sisko is a cool dude with the softest of hands

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

So those Dark Angel tacticals that a buddy wanted me to sell? Unpainted, completely loving assembled, barrels drilled..

Mold lines all over the loving place. Not a single one removed. Besides breaking everything the gently caress apart and filing the mold lines down, any other ways to do it on assembled models?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Fine grit sand paper or shave them off with a scalpel.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

adamantium|wang posted:

Fine grit sand paper or shave them off with a scalpel.

tear the fuckers down to their core components first?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Not always required, the major lines will be in places you should be able to reach with the tip of a scalpel. Depends on each individual model really.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was trying to watch vids of the BFG:A multiplayer off of youtube earlier today. My conclusion is that it only attracts Brits and all but one of them are annoying as gently caress to listen to.
Especially that MasterofRoflness guy. gently caress that guy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kilo147 posted:

tear the fuckers down to their core components first?

Use an xacto blade and a file, you shouldn't have to take them apart except maybe the backpacks and bolters.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Thanks guys. And I absolutely love those Grot tanks SRM, you captured the feel of them perfectly.

Zaphod42 posted:

Is that like your own personal faction and colors? I haven't heard of any traitor chapter called the forsaken. If so, cool stuff.

Yup, it is my own personal warband. Not much is known about them in the Inquisitorial archives, but they appear wearing worn and rusty armor that displays the heraldry of various chapters upon their shoulder pads. The most common appear to be Raven Guard, but several other chapters have shown up in their ranks as well, including Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, and Blood Angels. The warband is suspected in being involved in several uprisings. They are strong in cultist activity, but those that fall to them tend not to fall to chaos, but instead descend into depraved madness, succumbing not to the temptations of the Dark Gods, but to their own twisted visions, and fear.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Irate Tree posted:

I was trying to watch vids of the BFG:A multiplayer off of youtube earlier today. My conclusion is that it only attracts Brits and all but one of them are annoying as gently caress to listen to.

This guy seemed alright when i went looking. I *think* he used to be a Miniwargaming guy.

It looks pretty buggy at the moment, I see they've had to push the release back a week for more work, i'm holding of for the official release, might even leave it a few months for polishing.

Edit: This was quite informative about the game as well.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2016/03/19/38559/

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 23, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Irate Tree posted:

His name is MasterofRoflness, what do you expect?

Kilo147 posted:

So those Dark Angel tacticals that a buddy wanted me to sell? Unpainted, completely loving assembled, barrels drilled..

Mold lines all over the loving place. Not a single one removed. Besides breaking everything the gently caress apart and filing the mold lines down, any other ways to do it on assembled models?
Why would you need to disassemble them? Just use an x-acto and trim them down carefully. Whenever I build models there's inevitably one bit I forgot to trim and it's never a problem.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So I'm trying to play catchup on the changes since I used to play, seems like there's only 7th ed codexes for Marines, Dark Angels, and Tau? Is that right? (Really? Tau?)

So with how 40k always worked the 6th ed codexes for the other factions are still tournament legal or whatever, yeah? What are the chances that they'll crank out 7th ed codexes for some of the remaining factions, like Chaos, Blood Angels or Orks? Should I just go ahead and grab the 6th ed codexes since I hear 7th ed isn't very different from 6th anyways?

jadebullet posted:

Yup, it is my own personal warband. Not much is known about them in the Inquisitorial archives, but they appear wearing worn and rusty armor that displays the heraldry of various chapters upon their shoulder pads. The most common appear to be Raven Guard, but several other chapters have shown up in their ranks as well, including Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, and Blood Angels. The warband is suspected in being involved in several uprisings. They are strong in cultist activity, but those that fall to them tend not to fall to chaos, but instead descend into depraved madness, succumbing not to the temptations of the Dark Gods, but to their own twisted visions, and fear.

Sounds kinda like the Chaos version of the Deathwatch the way you've got dudes from different loyalist chapters mixed in. I like it.

Irate Tree posted:

I'm a dumb American and I love BFG:A :911: Its a good game and well worth the $35.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Yeah, BFG:A is well worth it if only because people seem to get pissed from time to time when you decide that macrocannons will take too long, and ram your ship into theirs and push them into an asteroid field.

Also, I just want to put it out there that if anyone has a spare Grey Knights torso back (non terminator) with the psychic hood, or a spare staff from the same box that they are looking to get rid of, feel free to PM me as I am looking for those two bits.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zaphod42 posted:

So I'm trying to play catchup on the changes since I used to play, seems like there's only 7th ed codexes for Marines, Dark Angels, and Tau? Is that right? (Really? Tau?)

So with how 40k always worked the 6th ed codexes for the other factions are still tournament legal or whatever, yeah? What are the chances that they'll crank out 7th ed codexes for some of the remaining factions, like Chaos, Blood Angels or Orks? Should I just go ahead and grab the 6th ed codexes since I hear 7th ed isn't very different from 6th anyways?
Eldar got a 7th ed codex as well, as did the new Admech guys. 7th is by and large pretty similar to 6th, but the psychic phase is wholly new.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Here's a list of all the current codexes. The only 6e ones left are Sisters Adepta Sororitas, Chaos Daemons, CSM, Inquisition, 'nids, Guard Astra Militarum, and Militarum Tempestas. Some of the older 7e 'dexes look like 6e ones because they don't have the Decurion-style formations that started appearing after the Necron book.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SRM posted:

Eldar got a 7th ed codex as well, as did the new Admech guys. 7th is by and large pretty similar to 6th, but the psychic phase is wholly new.

Yeah I've been reading about the physic changes in the 7th rulebook, and so far I kinda like them. I used to field lots of librarians and I'm down for a rethink of psykers.

Thing is if I grab a 6th ed codex for like Blood Angels, is that going to work pretty well if I just kinda add in the psychic phase, or is it going to take some finagling and I may as well just wait for the official 7th release?

Technowolf posted:

Here's a list of all the current codexes. The only 6e ones left are Sisters Adepta Sororitas, Chaos Daemons, CSM, Inquisition, 'nids, Guard Astra Militarum, and Militarum Tempestas. Some of the older 7e 'dexes look like 6e ones because they don't have the Decurion-style formations that started appearing after the Necron book.

Ah thanks, this is kinda confusing. GW needs to work on making their branding a little clearer. The fonts were making me think the rest of those books were only 6th.

I was trying to find a list like this to make it clear what was which version, GW's website sure doesn't make it obvious and Amazon made it seem like some books were pretty old while others were published very recently.

If that's the case I'll just go grab some codexes then!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 23, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

I do bigger bases for some characters - my Boyz are all on 25s but my Nobz are on 32s. It might cause some confusion if it's not just for characters but I wouldn't be put off by it.

Guess I'll try to keep models within a squad consistent then. I have this big bunch of resin bases I don't want to pass on, but it'll mean a few marine squads on 25mm, some on 30 and the rest on 32mm.

I can't imagine anyone being pissed that one tactical squad has bigger bases than another, but I'd rather ask around first.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SRM posted:

His name is MasterofRoflness, what do you expect?

I expected to be made to roll upon the floor, laughing. In such a fashion as to be spinning in circles. A veritable roflcopter, twirling, ever twirling toward freedom.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Blood Angels were an early 7E release and have missed out on a lot of the power creep with no Decurion formation, underpowered scouts etc. I still love them, mind. They're generally pretty solid.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Irate Tree posted:

I expected to be made to roll upon the floor, laughing. In such a fashion as to be spinning in circles. A veritable roflcopter, twirling, ever twirling toward freedom.

Interestingly, what you describe is now happening to me, upon reading your post. Perhaps you are the MasterofRoflness?!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Ghost Hand posted:

It's not a scam. I personally know this person and game with him. He started it as a bit of a joke from a conversation he and I were having via FB and a few of us are going to WHW in about 3 weeks.

I'm happy enough to personally bring the funds to the guys there in Nottingham. If you don't trust him (or me) just don't donate!

The 16th-17th April weekend by any chance?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

cum 2 boston 4 an asskicking

Also holy poo poo my sink is collapsing in on itself

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I hope there's a huge Lamenters emblem on your floor. Also it looks like your door has heavy water damage.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Man. I so want to enjoy WH40k. But I dont want to play three different games and buy three different kindd of models for when I want to play with different friends.

:negative:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I hope there's a huge Lamenters emblem on your floor. Also it looks like your door has heavy water damage.

So you are saying he's cursed.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Mango Polo posted:

So you are saying he's cursed.

No more than anyone else who rents in Boston.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

No more than anyone else who rents resides in Boston.

:v:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Waiting for the armies to meet in the center so the board collapses in the middle plunging them into checkered hell.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Uroboros posted:

Waiting for the armies to meet in the center so the board collapses in the middle plunging them into checkered hell.

Oh drat, I didn't see that :ohdear:

Reminds me of a friend a few years ago who made a table using multiple of those awful, almost paper-thin IKEA side tables. He let himself fall over to take a closer look at the table with his hand extended, and instead just smashed through one of the drat things, shredding his forearm.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Cursed Earth - At the start of each player's turn their table half moves D6" in a random direction.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PantsOptional posted:

No more than anyone else who rents in Boston.

For real. The floor in there is so slanted that if I put a pencil on the floor it'll roll under the fridge. I hear a "rain" sound every time the person upstairs uses the water, and there's a large crack in my bathroom floor where I can see the downstair's neighbor's apartment if their lights are on. That sink also has a leaking pipe I just discovered which has bored a hole in the wood under it. I'm so happy to be moving out of this dump in July; my new place is genuinely really nice and also has a better space for gaming than my slanted-rear end kitchen.

Also just finished some hamslam action with Sisko. He's a good dude, will post pictures and a report later. Admech are a silly army.

Uroboros posted:

Fortunately the Tablescapes boards have these interlocking clips that really help against that; Sisko leaned on the board at one point and it made my heart stop for a moment though.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I was lying awake last night thinking about the Tau. Who made them? Are they Necrontyr? How do their pheromones work? How would a Dark Eldar torture a Tau with an Ethereal? What would the Emperor have thought of the Tau? Why don't the Eldar just become best buddies with the Tau?
What's the deal with the Ethereals :jerry:?

I think when Tau have an Ethereal High they send out pheromones that trigger other Tau's Ethereal High responses. And sometimes all they have to do is know there's an Ethereal nearby for it to trigger. So all an Ethereal has to do is show up and suddenly everybody's feeling great and having a good time.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 23, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MrSlam posted:

I was lying awake last night thinking about the Tau. Who made them? Are they Necrontyr? How do their pheromones work? How would a Dark Eldar torture a Tau with an Ethereal? What would the Emperor have thought of the Tau? Why don't the Eldar just become best buddies with the Tau?
What's the deal with the Ethereals :jerry:?

I think when Tau have an Ethereal High they send out pheromones that trigger other Tau's Ethereal High responses. And sometimes all they have to do is know there's an Ethereal nearby for it to trigger. So all an Ethereal has to do is show up and suddenly everybody's feeling great and having a good time.

The Tau were made by the Eldar as an anti-Chaos tool, at least as of Xenology.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Now that they've been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the Skitarii? I'm still thinking about maybe picking up a starting box of them, it seems like a fairly good value, but I never know with GW. I like the Skitarii since they look like a fun goofy shooty army that has some neat melee.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Now that they've been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the Skitarii? I'm still thinking about maybe picking up a starting box of them, it seems like a fairly good value, but I never know with GW. I like the Skitarii since they look like a fun goofy shooty army that has some neat melee.

That formation that pairs them with mechanicus and a knight for like 700+ free points of upgrades is boss mode. on their own they're fluffy and have neat models.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Ad Mech + Skitarii are a cool and fun army for attractive people.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fuegan posted:

The 16th-17th April weekend by any chance?

I wont be there on the weekend - but I will be there the 18th and 19th (Mon/Tue)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Just be aware that if you're using Skitarii you cannot legally field a Combined Arms Detachment or Allied army list, as the army has no HQ units. This limits you to the Battle Maniple FOC in the Skitarii book and the various formations available. As far as I know Skitarii cannot get Objective Secured, so they're cool and fun but pray to the Omnissiah you can shoot those CAD Tacticals/Ork Boyz/$troopunit off the objective in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

koreban posted:

That formation that pairs them with mechanicus and a knight for like 700+ free points of upgrades is boss mode. on their own they're fluffy and have neat models.

PierreTheMime posted:

Just be aware that if you're using Skitarii you cannot legally field a Combined Arms Detachment or Allied army list, as the army has no HQ units. This limits you to the Battle Maniple FOC in the Skitarii book and the various formations available. As far as I know Skitarii cannot get Objective Secured, so they're cool and fun but pray to the Omnissiah you can shoot those CAD Tacticals/Ork Boyz/$troopunit off the objective in time.

So if I want to field a giant fun army, then I can't capture objectives?

I haven't played since 5th edition so some of the rule changes (like formations) have been interesting to read about.

• Locked thread