Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tallowisp was also the glue of the super-sweet Ghost Dad deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Isamaru is still quite cubeable!

e: and meloku, but less so these days. And that pup below is cubeable as well!

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 23, 2016

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
there's a new card

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

A big flaming stink posted:

there's a new card

Finally, in one card we can have something with both first and double strikes.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

there's a new card

Dies to Throat Wolf, 0/10

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Chamale posted:

now THERE'S a meme I've not heard in many years....

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

That's a cool red card that I want to play in RDW.

Isn't this the first Red Horror we've seen too?

Edit: Nope I'm wrong.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Chamale posted:

it's not 1994 anymore

Baron Porkface posted:

Why is saviors of kamigawa a "notorious" set?

here's a post I wrote about Masques block a while back

Elyv posted:

I maintain that Masques itself(and, to a lesser extent, Nemesis) are serviceable, albeit not great sets that get an overly bad rap for a few reasons:
1) They're between the much more powerful Urza's block and what was for a quite a while the pinnacle of Magic design in Invasion block.
2) They're associated with Prophecy, a complete garbage fire of a set whose only redeeming factors are one cool rare cycle and two rare cycles that have some cool ideas but not always executed correctly. The mechanics are miserable to play with, the cards are bad and uninspired and flavorless, it's just an awful set that has to be bottom 5 all time.

this post basically holds for Saviors as well if you replace {Masques, Nemesis, Urza's, Invasion} with {Champions, Betrayers, Mirrodin, Ravnica}. It's kind of sad, really.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Epic is a really goddamn cool mechanic, even if it plays very badly (except for enduring ideal).

it's the doomsday of mechanics, if doomsday was trash powerlevelwise and not the best card ever printed

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

gwrtheyrn posted:

It's probably going to see more play once EMA is out too :(

Bant is my jam in Legacy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

there's a new card

Hey it's the Dog from The Thing.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Gridlocked posted:

Hey it's the Dog from The Thing.

trilateral symmetry has always creeped me out bigtime and this is no different. Gonna do alters on every one of these I own turning them into Clifford.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Have we seen this yet?

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 23, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Wonder what we're gonna get for graveyard hate in this set. There's looking to be a whole lotta recursion going on, and the last standard wasn't exactly hands-off with its graveyard either.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Voyager I posted:

Wonder what we're gonna get for graveyard hate in this set. There's looking to be a whole lotta recursion going on, and the last standard wasn't exactly hands-off with its graveyard either.

We're probably going to get more shuffle effects than exile effects, given how the latter interacts with processors.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Zemyla posted:

We're probably going to get more shuffle effects than exile effects, given how the latter interacts with processors.

Reprint Haunting Echoes imo.

Wouldn't even be hard to make the flavor fit.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Minority Deport posted:

MaRo has said that Saviors is one of the worst-designed sets of all time, alongside Homelands and Fallen Empires. I think he's right.

I'd like to read where he says that.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Count Bleck posted:

Have we seen this yet?

Any reason dredge would want this?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Inexorable Mass
2G
Creature - Ooze
Delirium - Whenever Inexorable Mass attacks and there are at least four card types among cards in your graveyard, put a 3/3 green Ooze creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I learned English playing AD&D and watching Transformers, I like how hard wizards is forcing me to learn new words in this set.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Instead of dickbutt it should be the Jace x sorin art.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

I learned English watching Transformers, I like how hard wizards is forcing me to learn new words in this set.

Well you have one of the big mechanics down already. :v:

Also, sup Wizards-learning buddy? For me it was Forgotten Realms novels and video games.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Ichorid triggers it, but it comes in at a weird time and tapped.
Maybe Gravecrawler decks?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
e:^^ gravecrawler seems like a really good spot for this guy. Maybe UB zombies will be a thing finally in modern :v:

Rinkles posted:

Ichorid, Narcomoeba, Nether Shadow, and Bloodghast are all the various dredge cards for legacy and modern that would trigger this. I feel like there's a modern deck that would maybe use this but it doesn't really fit into the legacy dredge decks because all the slots are doing better things than getting a 3/3 that needs another creature to trigger it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think his biggest problem for Legacy is he doesn't really feed Dread Return and Cabal Therapy.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Yeah, eot 3/3s is sort of pointless for dredge. The lists are flexible but even then the slots would be better spent on pretty much anything else.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BJPaskoff posted:

The event is at Brothers Grim in Selden. That's Eastern Long Island.

I love drafting and cats but eastern LI is a bridge too far for me... Sorry :(

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

I think his biggest problem for Legacy is he doesn't really feed Dread Return and Cabal Therapy.

Sure he does. He feeds it after its no longer needed :v:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Have we seen this yet?

Pretty sure that most "comes back into play for free" cards are playable... Depends how good the zombies deck is though. I'm messing around with this retarded Modern Rally deck for post Eldrazi winter and that might even want this too.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-naVKIGxTI

This is why you should be drafting RRR while it's here, by the way. RRG is good but not as good, and RGD is good but not as good as either of those.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Things I learned about triple rav from those drafts: Play 3 color or 4 with a splash or two because signets and bounce lands are gross. Flame Fusillade is disgusting. Vedalken Dismisser is disgusting. Mark of Eviction combos with a ton of poo poo.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-naVKIGxTI

This is why you should be drafting RRR while it's here, by the way. RRG is good but not as good, and RGD is good but not as good as either of those.

LSV's streams this week have been phenomenal (he says he actually likes RRG the most)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I don't know what the point of brewing decks is when we already know Gitrog Toad decks will be Tier 0.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

e:^^ gravecrawler seems like a really good spot for this guy. Maybe UB zombies will be a thing finally in modern :v:

A guy at my old LGS was running UB Zombies and having a pretty good time of it, that deck might want this but it's not a slam dunk. I have a list at home, if this post isn't buried by spoiler chat when I get home from work I'll try to remember to post it.

mcmagic posted:

Pretty sure that most "comes back into play for free" cards are playable... Depends how good the zombies deck is though. I'm messing around with this retarded Modern Rally deck for post Eldrazi winter and that might even want this too.

That Esper Rally deck that Pascal Maynard had video of? I really want to build since I already have the mana base but the pair of Jaces is a tough sell for my bank account. Might proxy it up with regular Merfolk Looters to see how I like it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

C-Euro posted:

That Esper Rally deck that Pascal Maynard had video of? I really want to build since I already have the mana base but the pair of Jaces is a tough sell for my bank account. Might proxy it up with regular Merfolk Looters to see how I like it.

Yeah. It's very bad and very hilarious.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm actually really happy Ravnica flashbacks are here, RRR was always my favorite draft format and people should get to try the madness that is RGD

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't know what the point of brewing decks is when we already know Gitrog Toad decks will be Tier 0.

Gitrog Toad is worthless, dies to Dismember-Dismember-Dismember-Dismember-Snap-Dismember

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Gitrog Toad not bring spoiled is feel bads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I'm really excited for Time Spiral draft to come back, even with Sprout Swarm eventually. Love Time Spiral.

• Locked thread