Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We need to know more.. what kind of chips does she like? Plain old salted potato chips? Cheese dust flavored? Does she have a favorite flavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Should the SE start showing up on carrier websites on the 24th or the 31st? It looks like Sprint is still offering me the old-school contract deal, which would get me an 64GB SE for... $50? Can that be right? That's nuts.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I've had the bad chip 6s since it was released and the only trouble it ever caused me was 100% inside my mind. This world is gay and should die.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've had the bad chip 6s since it was released and the only trouble it ever caused me was 100% inside my mind. This world is gay and should die.

I have the good chip and let me tell you, it's a lot better because

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Minidust posted:

Should the SE start showing up on carrier websites on the 24th or the 31st? It looks like Sprint is still offering me the old-school contract deal, which would get me an 64GB SE for... $50? Can that be right? That's nuts.

They mentioned the 16gb was free on contract so that seems about right.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't even remember which chip is the good one nor do I know which one I have.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I don't even remember which chip is the good one nor do I know which one I have.

I checked your post history, you have a cheeto which isn't even a chip you nerd. You are terrible at chips.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I took my Saddle Brown Apple Leather Case off of my phone and a Humpty Dumpty All Dressed chip fell out, I have the superior iPhone

Edit Actually I was lying, sorry guys

I have the navy blue Apple leather case

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

xzzy posted:

I checked your post history, you have a cheeto which isn't even a chip you nerd. You are terrible at chips.

That might explain why this thing says "Samsung" all over it too...

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
There's a leather case for the SE and it appears to be available in :siren:black or midnight blue only :siren:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I have the black one on my silver 5S and it looks hella good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Minidust posted:

There's a leather case for the SE and it appears to be available in :siren:black or midnight blue only :siren:

Preorder cancelled.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Minidust posted:

Steve would never put up with this poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think I still have the brown one from my 5s somewhere.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/22/9-7-ipad-pro-iphone-se-2gb-ram/ macrumors confirming 2GB RAM in 5SE and iPP9

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Minidust posted:

The blue case looks sick. Definitely getting that for my SE. Almost as cool as my 5S brown case.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 22, 2016

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

The contract pricing is supposed to be $100, so if you get it for $50 that's definitely pretty good. Depending on your plan, some carriers raise your price of you get a contract, so you might want to make sure you plan doesn't get jacked up by signing a contract.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Isnt the se the exact same size as the 5s?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

track day bro! posted:

Isnt the se the exact same size as the 5s?

Yes.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Oh, nice. The SE is $671 equivalent here. Thanks, Finland.

With US price + tax the SE would be $610.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ohhh....if I could get the SE in 128GB size, it'd be the best iPhone ever. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should take the SE approach and re-released the old models with updated intervals.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

edit: wrong thread

smoobles fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 22, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Er, public beta is very much intended for daily use for regular users. That's why it's a public beta not a developer beta. They want feedback. Public betas are often left out of the first couple of (unstable) beta builds, and in my experience I haven't seen showstoppers from running a public beta. Early developer betas? Yeah those can be a disaster.

The biggest problem I have had was when it got to the point where iOS was nagging me to update every day when there wasn't an update available with 9.0. Kind of minor in the scheme of things.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should take the SE approach and re-released the old models with updated intervals.

I won't be happy until they cram the intervals of a 6s+ into an iPhone 3G

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

The 3GS body was so nice. It was like cradling a baby duck or something. It felt great in your hand. But the iPhone 4 felt like a high-end manual camera, like an old Leica.

I'd enjoy those designs again.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pivo posted:

The 3GS body was so nice. It was like cradling a baby duck or something. It felt great in your hand. But the iPhone 4 felt like a high-end manual camera, like an old Leica.

I'd enjoy those designs again.
The 3GS is a dated design and feels cheap by today's standards.

Not sure if you're joking about the 4 since Steve specifically referenced Leicas when he did the product announcement.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
The 4 was the game changer in design. I still have my old 4 and I picked it up the other day and it feels tiny compared to my 6, but I still like how it cradles in your palm.

Anyways, is it pretty much a given that Apple have a new processor for the 7? I don't think they can use the A9X because it's too large, so I'm guessing an A10 (to go with iOS 10 of course!) will be in the 7. Have there been any rumors related to that?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd be incredibly shocked if they maintain the same CPU.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

trilljester posted:

The 4 was the game changer in design. I still have my old 4 and I picked it up the other day and it feels tiny compared to my 6, but I still like how it cradles in your palm.

Anyways, is it pretty much a given that Apple have a new processor for the 7? I don't think they can use the A9X because it's too large, so I'm guessing an A10 (to go with iOS 10 of course!) will be in the 7. Have there been any rumors related to that?
They've done a new CPU for every iPhone release.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
anyone know what the stars next to some tracks in Apple Music mean? i think they're new in 9.3. i suspect it means "this track is popular" when looking at an album

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheQat posted:

anyone know what the stars next to some tracks in Apple Music mean? i think they're new in 9.3. i suspect it means "this track is popular" when looking at an album

Yeah I've just started seeing this. You can also now rate songs by tapping their album art in the Now Playing screen

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I've just started seeing this. You can also now rate songs by tapping their album art in the Now Playing screen

So that's where that went! Why they needed to change it from tapping on the song title, I have no idea.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Not sure if you're joking about the 4 since Steve specifically referenced Leicas when he did the product announcement.

That must be what I was subconsciously referencing, since I did watch it, but it was so long ago, so it wasn't on purpose, no... It really does feel like that, though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pivo posted:

That must be what I was subconsciously referencing, since I did watch it, but it was so long ago, so it wasn't on purpose, no... It really does feel like that, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z__jxoczNWc&t=97s

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

his presentations rock. the other apple execs look so stiff when they talk

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

trilljester posted:

No rumors but yeah, probably. Wouldn't be surprised if it's like the A7->A8 where it's a modest jump but who knows, they've been pretty good about keeping things under wraps in that regard ever since moving to their own CPU designs.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Good money says A10, 10-20% faster in CPU, 50-100% faster in graphics.

My gut tells me that the iPhone 7 will have some significant design changes to it, as well.

I want to see if the SE will be introduced now, and then starting in 2017 will get regular updates in September with the rest of the lineup. I would hate to get an SE, love it for more than a year, then find out when the 7s is announced there's no iPhone SEs with better specs to tide over people that don't want gigantorphones.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bobfather posted:

Good money says A10, 10-20% faster in CPU, 50-100% faster in graphics.

My gut tells me that the iPhone 7 will have some significant design changes to it, as well.

I want to see if the SE will be introduced now, and then starting in 2017 will get regular updates in September with the rest of the lineup. I would hate to get an SE, love it for more than a year, then find out when the 7s is announced there's no iPhone SEs with better specs to tide over people that don't want gigantorphones.

I'm guessing that if they continue with the SE line it'll release in the spring every year. Most Android manufacturers do two phone releases every year. Apple would actually be following Samsung's pattern--release a large flagship with new features/processor/etc in the fall, then release a smaller version of the flagship the following spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobfather posted:

Your gut is good at pattern recognition!