Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
To be fair most MMQB readers have a limited vocabulary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Jerry Rice

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/709776733025607680

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/709776968959430656

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/709777132629549056

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How does Omar Kelly still have a job?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DOOP posted:

Because he "think out the box"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I still cant believe he gave Miko Grimes a platform to address Miami fans AFTER SHE DELETED HER TWITTER poo poo.Amazing. He's such an incredible piece of poo poo.

Also, just a reminder, knowing what you know about Omar and how snippy and dramatic he can be... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/03/kevin-burnett-challenges-reporter-to-put-on-some-pads-homeboy/

For weeks Omar had been writing passive aggressive articles about Miami's linebackers being soft and weak, even going so far as to say he's seen tougher guys in sandlot games hes played in.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I still cant believe he gave Miko Grimes a platform to address Miami fans AFTER SHE DELETED HER TWITTER poo poo.Amazing. He's such an incredible piece of poo poo.

Also, just a reminder, knowing what you know about Omar and how snippy and dramatic he can be... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/03/kevin-burnett-challenges-reporter-to-put-on-some-pads-homeboy/

For weeks Omar had been writing passive aggressive articles about Miami's linebackers being soft and weak, even going so far as to say he's seen tougher guys in sandlot games hes played in.

I have no idea how I missed this. This is amazing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It really is beautiful. Any other writer, I'm probably saying Burnett overreacted. But Omar constantly put himself on the same level as the players.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
my dream in life now is to somehow convince Omar to put on some pads for a scrimmage

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

my dream in life now is to somehow convince Omar to put on some pads for a scrimmage

So your dream is to watch Omar die?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I could easily see a Chicago fan (or any former co-worker of) wishing that of Jay Mariotti or a Boston fan and Dan Shaugnessey or a NY fan and anyone from the Post, so yeah, that makes sense.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

literally yes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

literally yes

"Give him the Austin Collie, boys"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i unironically agree with omar kelly

sign naterob

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DOOP posted:

https://twitter.com/meridagunner/status/711170125869658112

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/711183802945523713

This is what he actually believes

lol:

https://twitter.com/notmoroccan/status/711187058765795329

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/711187659385868289

Ehud fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 19, 2016

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
E: nvm. your edit covered it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat man Omar is still salty as gently caress that Lauren and RyanTannehill blew him off their rookie season at some charity bike ride. He tried to get them on his radio show, after writing several articles detailing why Tannehill was an awful draft pick because he didn't have moxy or swagger (one of those words) and Lauren told him to gently caress off or something.

Sun Sentinel loves that they get clicks I guess.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

AAA DOLFAN posted:

drat man Omar is still salty as gently caress that Lauren and RyanTannehill blew him off their rookie season at some charity bike ride. He tried to get them on his radio show, after writing several articles detailing why Tannehill was an awful draft pick because he didn't have moxy or swagger (one of those words) and Lauren told him to gently caress off or something.

Sun Sentinel loves that they get clicks I guess.

I never heard that story. Makes sense since whenever someone would tweet about a discipline issue with a player (like Incognito), Omar would start saying that people "don't know what's really going on with this team." and that Tannehill was secretly the worst human in the world, to the point where you'd wonder if he was a serial rapist or if he rips the ears off of bunnies or something.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CubanMissile posted:

I never heard that story. Makes sense since whenever someone would tweet about a discipline issue with a player (like Incognito), Omar would start saying that people "don't know what's really going on with this team." and that Tannehill was secretly the worst human in the world, to the point where you'd wonder if he was a serial rapist or if he rips the ears off of bunnies or something.

Yeah it came out right around the time Miko started doing those stupid jizz comment tweets. Omar is a 23 year old girl as far as drama goes.

Luckily not our problem anymore. Maxwell for cheaper than Grimes plus no psycho wife who doesn't forget her place in the organization - non existent!

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Kalli posted:

I could easily see a Chicago fan (or any former co-worker of) wishing that of Jay Mariotti or a Boston fan and Dan Shaugnessey or a NY fan and anyone from the Post, so yeah, that makes sense.

As a Chicago fan, I don't even think Mariotti would make the cut. Not before Mike Imrem, at least.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud, considering your ability to Deadlift while doing IT why not just fight Omar Kelly already

Like, go to a bar and fight him

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ehud, considering your ability to Deadlift while doing IT why not just fight Omar Kelly already

Like, go to a bar and fight him

It's not polite to physically assault the mentally impaired

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I don't think Omar will manage to hit Ehud though

:rimshot:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Unless you get paid to do it. Then it's cool.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't think Omar will manage to hit Ehud though

hosed up if true

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Haha

I loving love love love when Players call out Omar.

Nov 6, 2002

Unfortunately it probably just feeds into his ego.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Haha

I loving love love love when Players call out Omar.

Cuz what's he gonna do? Ignore them on twitter?

LOOOOOOOOOOL, he's such a loving horrible writer.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Are we having a Douche of the Year tournament this year? If not, maybe we should have worst sports writer/tv guy tournament. Omar Kelly is a number 1 seed for sure. Also, not exactly sure why one would MRI a quad...

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

swickles posted:

Are we having a Douche of the Year tournament this year? If not, maybe we should have worst sports writer/tv guy tournament. Omar Kelly is a number 1 seed for sure. Also, not exactly sure why one would MRI a quad...

How about you get the Goon Draft goin!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

warcrimes posted:

How about you get the Goon Draft goin!

Sure thing. Maybe, I don't know. I am super busy and would love to run a sheep, mock draft of some sort, and even .gif of the year, however I am getting married, trying to get my future wife into the country legally, and working and all that. If nothing has popped up in a week or two, I will throw something up and try to run. I just don't feel like I can it the same way as it has been in the past.

Also, there is no requirement for running any of these things! If you are a college student, a dead-lifting IT worker, or even a lawyer bouncing between fields in desperate search for a stable job, you too can run any of the standard off-season distractions. Basically, if you get there first, its yours for the season. Feel free to start a thread and run something!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Grats on your Soviet bride

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

I am getting married, trying to get my future wife into the country legally, and working and all that. If nothing has popped up in a week or two, I will throw something up and try to run. I just don't feel like I can it the same way as it has been in the past.

we used to browse mail order bride websites for fun at work

which one did you use and I will tell you if you made a good decision

please advise

Nov 6, 2002

Do you have 90 days to return her if she's the wrong size?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

I think DOTY is a deep offseason activity. Dude usually started it after the draft.

edit

Oh man, Ben Has Tiny Weenis hasn't posted anything since January. :ohdear:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

NC-17 posted:

Do you have 90 days to return her if she's the wrong size?

Nah, but they have a great 25% off deal for amputees.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

we used to browse mail order bride websites for fun at work

which one did you use and I will tell you if you made a good decision

please advise

Sure for fun :airquote:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Metapod posted:

Sure for fun :airquote:

okay you got me

I was legitimately trying to get one of the guys at work to buy one

Unfortunately all of the pretty ones want doctors (like swickles) and other successful career men

my man I worked with was making 50k a year and that isn't enough to lure anyone worthwhile. They straight up tell you in their profiles that you need a six figure income.

Nov 6, 2002

define "worthwhile"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

define "worthwhile"

Possessed many of the traits prized by the superficial male

• Locked thread