Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Bushmaori posted:

Given Namekians are sexless and don't eat, it is likely that the lower half of Picollo looks like a green ken doll.

Not that I have spent hours thinking about this.

Please go back in this thread and review the gif that was posted featuring Piccolo and Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

zelah posted:

Please go back in this thread and review the gif that was posted featuring Piccolo and Vegeta.

NON CANON

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Looked like a cannon to me...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh man, is Vegeta going to use the Final Flash for the first time in forever against Magetta this next episode?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aurora posted:

Oh man, is Vegeta going to use the Final Flash for the first time in forever against Magetta this next episode?

Piccolo used the Makankosappo and, even more surprisingly, the stretchy arm. Nothing can shock me anymore.

After Vegeta we might as well have Goku use Rock Paper Scissors.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Time for Goku to bust out crazy monkey style

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bushmaori posted:

Given Namekians are sexless and don't eat, it is likely that the lower half of Picollo looks like a green ken doll.

Not that I have spent hours thinking about this.

how many times do i have to tell you people

he has a dangalang and he can stretch it too

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Dragonball is a harem anime with one girl.

Most of the harem BS in early Dragonball actually involved Goku and Bulma rather than Goku and Chi-Chi.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Baal posted:

Idk how the hell you twist what is supposed to be a goofy trope into calling Chi-Chi an autist or some bullshit unless you yourself are the neckbeard, so congrats on that.
I thought they were implying Ox King forced Goku into the Union, shotgun wedding style. Because of the Promise of Childhood Love poo poo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Like Ox King could have forced Goku to do anything..

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Why aren't they going SSB in the tournament?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Agoat posted:

Trump card.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agoat posted:

Even without it, Goku and Vegeta have shown to be far more powerful than anything on the other side, and it'd just be boring if they won easily after they went through so much trouble to start this tournament!

Also yeah, you gotta keep a trump card in store. Probably for Hit.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I do like that from the buu saga on we've been semi avoiding power creep. Obviously the main characters and villains keep getting stronger, but Babidis mooks were all pretty weak and even Dabura was probably weaker than perfect Cell. Now we get the universe tournament and they could have easily gone the GT route and said "every one of these guys is stronger than kid buu!!". Instead, nah, our guys are pretty op.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Condiv posted:

We already know what the super dragonball dragon looks like

:iamafag:

You say this as a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did so.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bloodly posted:

You say this as a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did so.

He should be voiced by Chris Rock.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Silver2195 posted:

Most of the harem BS in early Dragonball actually involved Goku and Bulma rather than Goku and Chi-Chi.

bulma is a dumb slut

chichi is a dumb hick

videl is a dumb chick

manga women are tits and rear end and dont forget it *shows pussy to old man 2 chapters in so it dont get canceled*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Wow. Bulma might be a bit of a tease, but she's not dumb.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Chi-chi's whole thing from Z onwards is that she specifically isn't a hick, she just married a hick? :confused:
Like, she's the one who's teaching her son to be a well-educated scholar in the big city while Goku just wants to punch things.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, she's meant to be a hick. She has a hick accent and everything. Her catchphrase is essentially "Goku-sa" which is a hick way of saying things. She subverts the norm with wanting her children to do better but she's definitely a hick.

This post has too many instances of the work hick.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Bulma is literally the smartest character in the series, outside that God-Shogun who is omniscient.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The Beverly Hillbillies starring Goku's family.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Petiso posted:

The Beverly Hillbillies starring Goku's family.

it's just the goku and piccolo learn to drive episode played on an infinite loop

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's just the goku and piccolo learn to drive episode played on an infinite loop

Move bitch get out the way

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

And the first 20 minutes of the android 13 movie

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Bulma is literally the smartest character in the series, outside that God-Shogun who is omniscient.

Bulmas dad is smarter than Bulma. I mean, capsules? Come on who could top that.

Future Bulma eventually surpasses him when she invents time travel, but that Bulma is in a different timeline that doesn't exist any more.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

the culminator posted:

I do like that from the buu saga on we've been semi avoiding power creep. Obviously the main characters and villains keep getting stronger, but Babidis mooks were all pretty weak and even Dabura was probably weaker than perfect Cell. Now we get the universe tournament and they could have easily gone the GT route and said "every one of these guys is stronger than kid buu!!". Instead, nah, our guys are pretty op.

They've also gone to great lengths to show that the power gap between Goku/Vegeta and the "God" characters isn't as severe as it may seem. As a Saiyan Beyond God they're already past the halfway point of matching Beerus in power, and SSjBlue bridges the gap even further. Even the jump from SSj3 to Based God wasn't nearly as massive as most of the other transformations throughout the franchise imply. So by the time Goku defeated Majin Buu he was already approaching the ceiling in terms of power and now he's just grasping for the top an inch at a time instead of in leaps and bounds like the previous series.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The jump from Super Saiyan 3 to God Red Mode was enough to make it so not only could Goku take more than a head flick and having his neck touched to being punched and landing his own.

I see it as the opposite myself, the gap between God Red and 3 is exponential and though there's no bar for judging the gap between Red and Blue. I think Red makes 1, 2 and 3 levels of super saiyan look marginal improvements by comparison even if the gap between Red and Blue ends up feeling like the gap between 1 and 2 in the Buu saga in the end.

I do agree that Beerus is probably no longer hugely ahead of either of the Saiyans. He'd probably still beat at once though from how I read the situation.

Whis and Vados are still untouchable

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Esroc posted:

Even the jump from SSj3 to Based God wasn't nearly as massive as most of the other transformations throughout the franchise imply.

Beerus all but murders him when he goes for SSJ3, it was a pretty huge gap to overcome.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah I mean did you even watch the movie or anime? SSJ3 Goku couldn't do poo poo to Beerus. The power creeps are here and there.

I"m just glad they made the transformations less stupid and went back to a simpler form. Granted yeah the hair is blue (which I'm fine with) but it's why I enjoyed God form much more so because how simple it is.

Also because how mad nerds got that Super Sayian God Goku wasn't what they thought it would be.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 24, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

super saiyan god is better than what I thought it would be because ss3 looks really dumb

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The jump from Super Saiyan 3 to God Red Mode was enough to make it so not only could Goku take more than a head flick and having his neck touched to being punched and landing his own.

I see it as the opposite myself, the gap between God Red and 3 is exponential and though there's no bar for judging the gap between Red and Blue. I think Red makes 1, 2 and 3 levels of super saiyan look marginal improvements by comparison even if the gap between Red and Blue ends up feeling like the gap between 1 and 2 in the Buu saga in the end.

I do agree that Beerus is probably no longer hugely ahead of either of the Saiyans. He'd probably still beat at once though from how I read the situation.

Whis and Vados are still untouchable

I still think that SSJ Red is much more powerful than SSJ Blue. There is no basis for comparison, and SSJ Blue was about equal to golden Frieza (who was terrified of Beerus). The fight between Goku and Beerus was a threat to the entire universe, and they have said multiple times if Beerus and Champa fight they will destroy the universe. When they fought Golden Frieza they didn't even harm they Earth that much, let along the entire universe.

Of course SSJ Blue Vegito would kick everyones rear end, Vados included.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 24, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

SSG isn't as powerful as Beerus.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Plus it's stated in some of the supplemental stuff that SSGSS is definitely more powerful than SSG.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kurui Reiten posted:

Plus it's stated in some of the supplemental stuff that SSGSS is definitely more powerful than SSG.

If thats the case, then Goku must be stronger than Beerus by now. He gave him a decent fight when he went SSJ Red, he was clearly weaker, but not overwhelmingly so. Since that fight Goku has gone through training with Weis, gained a "more powerful" transformation, and gone through two bouts of time compression training.

All of that can't add up to Goku still being weaker than Beerus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

If thats the case, then Goku must be stronger than Beerus by now. He gave him a decent fight when he went SSJ Red, he was clearly weaker, but not overwhelmingly so. Since that fight Goku has gone through training with Weis, gained a "more powerful" transformation, and gone through two bouts of time compression training.

All of that can't add up to Goku still being weaker than Beerus.

Beerus was stated to be holding back when fighting Goku. The entire point of that fight is that it was more or less Beerus training Goku.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean yeah even the movie ROF stated oh yeah if Goku and Vegeta teamed up they could beat Beerus. (probably meaning if they fuse)

Even SB Goku is still not enough to beat him. I mean this is the GOD of Destruction. I think it is great that even with Super Sayian Blue Goku still can't beat Beerus. It reinforces Roshi's idea that there is always gonna be someone better than you.

I like that Goku ain't the strongest and it's basically Beerus/Whis who are OP as hell.

Edit: hell even Freeza was afraid Beerus would interfere and he was all pretty gung ho about his golden form which was going toe to toe with Super Sayian Blue Goku

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 24, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Frieza is probably the strongest I mean he has a power level of 90,000,000,000,000 or whatever that magazine article said, you don't see Goku or Vegeta or Whis jumping on the scales. They're scared. #WhatsWhissPL #DontBeScaredHomie

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
SSG Goku is a 6, Beerus is 10, and Whis is a 15.

So Master Roshi could whip 'em all, he's 139.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

(probably meaning if they fuse)

No, he pretty explicitly said if they worked as a team properly. Whis isn't even aware of fusion and its applicability from what we've seen.

• Locked thread