Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's Bix gonna do now the trial's over? His whole source for content is gone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lawler on Talk is Jericho is so much fun, it's an old dude enthusiastically telling stories about crazy poo poo he was involved in when he was younger and it's infectiously fun.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Lawler on Talk is Jericho is so much fun, it's an old dude enthusiastically telling stories about crazy poo poo he was involved in when he was younger and it's infectiously fun.

The best part was him gleefully relating how a guy had to put his father in a home and Jerry got a Batmobile out of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The best part was him gleefully relating how a guy had to put his father in a home and Jerry got a Batmobile out of it.

The American Dream :patriot:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Just wait for the appeal trial, brother.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man, Dave was super down on tonights UFC

I thought it was pretty fun :shrug:

Although maybe the undercard took its toll.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been a f4w subscriber for that long. Do the shows where Bryan isn't around not get posted? Earlier today it occurred to me I never heard the Kurt Angle interview from Thursday but when I went looking over the feed I hadn't missed any shows.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Lariat posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been a f4w subscriber for that long. Do the shows where Bryan isn't around not get posted? Earlier today it occurred to me I never heard the Kurt Angle interview from Thursday but when I went looking over the feed I hadn't missed any shows.

They almost always do, it's just a couple days later because Mike is lazy or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

They almost always do, it's just a couple days later because Mike is lazy or something.

I have no idea why, but Bryan said once that apparently if he's not around to do it then it's a major undertaking (or not considered important enough) for Sports Byline to do it for them, and when they do eventually get it done they don't remove the ads or do any other editing as far as I can tell.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I always assumed it was because Bryan makes his own recordings while Mike just has a remote for doing the shows.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

LordPants posted:

Man, Dave was super down on tonights UFC

I thought it was pretty fun :shrug:

Although maybe the undercard took its toll.

What were his complaints? The only real dud was the boring fight to kick off the FS1 prelims, and the women's fights were both kinda rough, but even if he hated those there was still way more stuff to like than dislike. I can't imagine anyone not thinking it was at least a good show.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When is Big Dave gonna review the URFight show?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

When is Big Dave gonna review the URFight show?

I think he said he wasn't watching it so, that's a bummer.

Skjorte posted:

What were his complaints? The only real dud was the boring fight to kick off the FS1 prelims, and the women's fights were both kinda rough, but even if he hated those there was still way more stuff to like than dislike. I can't imagine anyone not thinking it was at least a good show.

I think he was bored by the early prelims before he even got to the FS1 prelims.

I saw the main card and loved it so man I don't know :shrug: He also thought that the tiny atom weight girl won the fight so that annoyed him too I guess.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

LordPants posted:

I think he was bored by the early prelims before he even got to the FS1 prelims.

I saw the main card and loved it so man I don't know :shrug: He also thought that the tiny atom weight girl won the fight so that annoyed him too I guess.

The first early prelim had some great grappling in the first round but did get a bit one-sided after that. Pearson/Laprise was a great technical showcase, though, so that's a shame if he didn't appreciate that. But if he got so outraged for Seo Hee Ham losing a fairly close fight that it ruined the entire show for him, that's funny and fair enough.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought he upset by the judging and referees of the Magny/Lombard fight

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Fortunately I wasn't watching Hamderlei get robbed but I am sure I would be equally outraged.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Really wouldn't say she got robbed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

fact checking Beau James's stories.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When Bec wins everyone should be upset. She's a prick

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tom's reasoning behind picking Brent is a highlight of this week's show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought Tom was deliberately leaving lots of dead air before answering Bryan's questions for the comedy of,"That's a stupid question" or no-selling his dad jokes, but it just turned out they were getting enormous lag.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Loved this, shame they replaced him on Raw with a creepy trite look and soundalike

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Let's talk about Raw.
Dave: I wanted to shoot somebody.

Dave's not onboard.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Let's talk about Raw.
Dave: I wanted to shoot somebody.

Dave's not onboard.

I'm not surprised. What the gently caress is Vince doing? Has he gotten a diagnosis that he's got 4 weeks to live, and is LITERALLY going all "inject a lethal dose of poison into WWE"?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm not surprised. What the gently caress is Vince doing? Has he gotten a diagnosis that he's got 4 weeks to live, and is LITERALLY going all "inject a lethal dose of poison into WWE"?

Dear Vince, please debut the Bullet Club as the nWo, give AJ Styles Voodoo Child (Slight Return) ASAP.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

What does Bret Michaels have to do with Wrestlemania?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
MeUndies, bro:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wrestling's doing fine without you, you greasy tool

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wrestling's doing fine without you, you greasy tool

Uh

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he said wrestling, not wwe

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I will give WWE this, while most of their booking is boring and doesn't get anyone over, it's mostly sensible and easy to understand even for a person paying vague attention. HHH and Roman Reigns don't like each other, so they exchange violent attacks. Etc.

Surely all they need to liven everything up is Vince Russo explaining that actually HHH was once bullied by Roman Reigns' dad in the lockerroom and also we just don't really know who the father of Stephanie's daughter is but could it be *record scratch* Kevin Owens??? I thought he was the dad of the year, but not anymore. And the only way to decide it is a no dq steel cage match at Mania, where any participant can win by exiting the cage, retrieving Stephanie McMahon from a smaller cage, and bringing her into the ring on their shoulder ala Macho Man and Elizabeth.

And then in the match Roman Reigns teams up with HHH and destroys Kevin Owens because "actually, we were friends the whole time" we then immediately cut to LIVE OUTSIDE where FANDANGO is brutally beating Dean Ambrose with a garbage can, until a mystery SUV flies in from off screen and destroys them both. Who is the driver? Why it just might be none other than The Big Show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I will give WWE this, while most of their booking is boring and doesn't get anyone over, it's mostly sensible and easy to understand even for a person paying vague attention. HHH and Roman Reigns don't like each other, so they exchange violent attacks. Etc.

Surely all they need to liven everything up is Vince Russo explaining that actually HHH was once bullied by Roman Reigns' dad in the lockerroom and also we just don't really know who the father of Stephanie's daughter is but could it be *record scratch* Kevin Owens??? I thought he was the dad of the year, but not anymore. And the only way to decide it is a no dq steel cage match at Mania, where any participant can win by exiting the cage, retrieving Stephanie McMahon from a smaller cage, and bringing her into the ring on their shoulder ala Macho Man and Elizabeth.

And then in the match Roman Reigns teams up with HHH and destroys Kevin Owens because "actually, we were friends the whole time" we then immediately cut to LIVE OUTSIDE where FANDANGO is brutally beating Dean Ambrose with a garbage can, until a mystery SUV flies in from off screen and destroys them both. Who is the driver? Why it just might be none other than The Big Show.

Have Mr Kennedy stick his head out and shouting KENNEDYYYYY from the car as it passes by the camera, and I'd watch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The latest B&V show is tittylicious.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Jerusalem posted:

I honestly hope I never hear Bryan say that word again

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

"It was very bootylicious" --Wang

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Bryan cutting Bret's promo on how Playgirl is a magazine for GAYS was amazing

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Like you jest
And Russo sucks

But at least when he was around things were sorta exciting and unpredictable

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Sockser posted:

Like you jest
And Russo sucks

But at least when he was around things were sorta exciting and unpredictable

I agree that WWE could use more unpredictability and excitement, but I'd rather not go full insane mode with it. I'm sure there's a middle ground where you can have stories that make sense but still have "reality" and "twists" in them, but Vince Russo sure isn't the guy to find it.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
RIP Pisscast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luigi Thirty posted:

What does Bret Michaels have to do with Wrestlemania?

He was cool in the 1980s and now he's old and lame to the point of embarrassment.

• Locked thread