Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hermetic posted:

Says the person who spent a page raging that someone said they were wrong. :3:

You really are the most abrasive poster.

As someone uninvolved so far, you're definitely the idiot here. The only way normals are better than ranked is if you're bronze or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I made that post as a joke but im starting to think that there's something wrong with ranked players.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

How Rude posted:

i dunno, many of us don't like regular babies posting about how their anecdotal experiences prove whatever childish trappings of the mind led them to a conclusion such as "ranked is an overall worse experience than normals" when you literally just described any old game of low ranked league of legends (normals, by the way, actually have a matchmaking/ranking system, but it is invisible)

drat man, why are you throwing your duo partner to the wolves, that is entirely uncalled for! :mad:

mad props to chumpell, however, for making a Game Winning Play.
Their team's Morgana.

My team's Morgana. :v:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
League of Legends Season 6: Oops I Don't Have Ulti

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

loving SAVAGE

I need to install plays.tv so i can dox some of your questionable plays

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i love league of legends!!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's okay.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Shortest Path posted:

That's probably because devourer junglers aren't actually good outside of low-tier play, especially now that Titty Hydra is nerfed.

I mean, I'm gonna fuckin love Shyvana again but I'm a Bad.

Which is why Shyv and Yi are both top 3 champs in plat + play and are both getting nerfed.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yi in particular is eating some really nasty nerfs to devourer/titanic into tank, which is completely unsurprising since it's broken but drat.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

How Rude posted:

loving SAVAGE

I need to install plays.tv so i can dox some of your questionable plays
Seriously it's way more fun than guess-the-context scoreboards or had-to-be-there stories or hour-long youtube videos. To make and probably to look at too. More people should do it!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lady Naga posted:

It's okay.

This is a cute avvy btw :3:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Transient People posted:

This is a cute avvy btw :3:

Thanks I wish I knew who bought it for me.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
just got home doing the WRITE UP

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
clockthief is my fave. :3:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I love all three of these videos.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah they're without a doubt the best thing in this thread consistently

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tired Moritz posted:

there's something wrong with ranked players.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

A bit late to the party but IE first on Ashe is pretty bad. ER -> Zeal item of your choice (but Runaan's is probably best) + CDR boots -> Mercurial Scimitar + LDR + IE in some order is pretty much the best build in all situations. Getting arrow every 48 seconds and having W on a 2.4s cooldown is very good and strong.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Alright mister thin skin, why the gently caress do you care about solo queue that badly?

Oh qué so. this probably stems from me being a really competitive person when it comes to video games because me and my circle of friends have pretty much always played games versus each other to prove who was the "best" out of all of us at the time. So that's where a lot of my sentiment is coming from on this. ~T~h~a~t~b~e~i~n~g~s~a~i~d~

So, solo queue is probably never coming out and I think that's pretty dang dumb. Here is why:

A 3-1-1/3-2 queue is going to coordinate better than a 1-2-2 or a 1-1-1-2 or a full solo team, every time. As we can't see when people are queued with each other (barring clubs) we don't know when we're going to be at this disadvantage. This is a skewing of skill that would otherwise not exist.

The current queue system is functionally no different than the one of old, and yet it is somehow funtionally impossible to make a singular player lobby the only way to queue into this mode. Riot will say that splitting the queue would just be a headache and create more queue problems especially at higher elo's, and yet a lot of the pros and other high elo players have said they want SoloQ over DQ.

idk, I had way more stuff I wanted to talk about but I didn't write it down and now I don't remember most of it. There are reasons to want Dynamic Queue and there are reasons to want Solo Queue, both sides have their own points but flat out denying a fairly large subset of the playerbase a preferred way of playing the game just so they can tout very small gains in auto chat restrictions.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
dynamic queue owns i think

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The only time I've seen actual issues regarding the dynamic queue team-up stuff has been high diamond / challenger crews rolling together. Below that, even with coordination... people are just kinda poo poo. If the concern is "i am being dragged along by this 4 stack into whatever dumb decisions they want to go through with...", that happened with actual solo queue as well, but if you want to assign the problem to allowing organized crews, that's reasonable. I certainly watch it happen while I'm a part of them.

I just happen to agree with the queue-splitting concern Riot purports to have as their main concern, since we saw what team builder queues were like for a good long while in comparison to normal matchmaking. Might be for the best if a lot of people do hop over to solo queue long term, but more likely it'd just make matches even crappier to find as people try to do both, especially as you go further up the chain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fracturing the player base is never good. They can't figure out how to implement solo queue without further loving up the high elo queue timers. Because they can't.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Pallet cleansing is what methanar does with his forklift

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

http://www.koreanbuilds.net/

This appears to be a site with a bunch of Korean masters/challengers builds, looks sort of interesting.

Somehow it makes some kind of "averaging" on the build orders aggregated, their algorithm can use some tuning. Or maybe elite korean players have it all figured out: Nasus is great with 40% CDR? He'll be insane with 60%! And since Sheen is a must have on him, we'll also get both Gauntlet AND Triforce.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Luna Was Here posted:

Oh qué so. this probably stems from me being a really competitive person when it comes to video games because me and my circle of friends have pretty much always played games versus each other to prove who was the "best" out of all of us at the time. So that's where a lot of my sentiment is coming from on this. ~T~h~a~t~b~e~i~n~g~s~a~i~d~

So, solo queue is probably never coming out and I think that's pretty dang dumb. Here is why:

A 3-1-1/3-2 queue is going to coordinate better than a 1-2-2 or a 1-1-1-2 or a full solo team, every time. As we can't see when people are queued with each other (barring clubs) we don't know when we're going to be at this disadvantage. This is a skewing of skill that would otherwise not exist.

The current queue system is functionally no different than the one of old, and yet it is somehow funtionally impossible to make a singular player lobby the only way to queue into this mode. Riot will say that splitting the queue would just be a headache and create more queue problems especially at higher elo's, and yet a lot of the pros and other high elo players have said they want SoloQ over DQ.

idk, I had way more stuff I wanted to talk about but I didn't write it down and now I don't remember most of it. There are reasons to want Dynamic Queue and there are reasons to want Solo Queue, both sides have their own points but flat out denying a fairly large subset of the playerbase a preferred way of playing the game just so they can tout very small gains in auto chat restrictions.

So all that build up to THE WRITE-UP and the point was (1.) People with TWO friends are at advantage to people with only ONE friend and (2.) Pros think solo q would be good?

I feel let down.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

NTT posted:

Yi in particular is eating some really nasty nerfs to devourer/titanic into tank, which is completely unsurprising since it's broken but drat.

This is really interesting to me, because how long has Devourer+Titanic been secret op? I've been building it on Xin for literally months now.

Lovechop posted:

dynamic queue owns i think

Yeah I prefer it as well. I rarely have had problems with getting stuck with bad premades and the queue times are slightly longer but I only play the two roles I want to so I'm fine with it.

I don't want them to bring out solo queue because it will just fracture the playerbase and make queue times for everyone much longer.

Nyandaber Z posted:

Somehow it makes some kind of "averaging" on the build orders aggregated, their algorithm can use some tuning. Or maybe elite korean players have it all figured out: Nasus is great with 40% CDR? He'll be insane with 60%! And since Sheen is a must have on him, we'll also get both Gauntlet AND Triforce.

Yeah you're right. They would be much better off just tossing the last ten or whatever complete builds on there.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 23, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

This is really interesting to me, because how long has Devourer+Titanic been secret op? I've been building it on Xin for literally months now.

It's more that yi had really good scaling and base values, so he could build devourer then just tank up and still do ridiculous damage. Now he has to build more damage to do that damage

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

It's more that yi had really good scaling and base values, so he could build devourer then just tank up and still do ridiculous damage. Now he has to build more damage to do that damage

My mid Yi is only becoming a better pick so I'm fine with it.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So in short, the only true way to measure someone's penis is to play alone, friends are cheating.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

I think you overestimate how coordinated a lot of dynamic queue groups are. Some people just like to bullshit on skype while playing together. Plus, even if they are coordinated, people tend to coordinate worse with outgroup people the bigger a group they're in- if the enemy team is 4-1 you're more likely to see one person desync from the other four than you are to see 2 people desync from a group of 3.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah I prefer it as well [...] but I only play the two roles I want to so I'm fine with it.

You know this isn't a dynamic queue thing right? If they implemented solo queue once again they wouldn't take away new champion select.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
speaking of new champ select, what secret position can I put as secondary to most likely get mid? I know in ranked I can't play TF because I'm bronze and bad, but I've been loving him in normals when I get lucky enough to roll mid.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kashuno posted:

speaking of new champ select, what secret position can I put as secondary to most likely get mid? I know in ranked I can't play TF because I'm bronze and bad, but I've been loving him in normals when I get lucky enough to roll mid.

Mid primary jungle secondary and you'll get it 99% of the time.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

Mid primary jungle secondary and you'll get it 99% of the time.

This is what I do and my probability of getting mid is right at 58% right now in ranked. But I'm way worse than you so it may be different in diamond+.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Hermetic posted:

Man, I got a lot of manbabies super mad by liking something they don't like. This makes me very happy.

Don't do this. This is an internet thing done by 12 year olds, and looks really stupid.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
its what you say when you say something dumb but cant handle it so you want to look like a puppet master super troll and save face

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Championship Thresh from chest :toot:

Too bad I don't own or play him and I'm terrified to try

I'm kind of tempted to get him now actually, he's one of my favorite champs aesthetically and AD Thresh is always fun/hilarious in ARAM

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 23, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

SlyFrog posted:

Don't do this. This is an internet thing done by 12 year olds, and looks really stupid.

So is raging at someone and telling them they're bad for having a different opinion about the best way to play Wizard Football.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

its what you say when you say something dumb but cant handle it so you want to look like a puppet master super troll and save face

Nah, I was legit surprised that there was so much rage from what feels like a chill community over me saying "Hey, this group of people seems like more fun to play league with."

I'm no puppet master, just a guy glad that if I make people mad, they're insufferable people.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 23, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

just a guy glad that if I make people mad, they're insufferable people.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Bland posted:

You know this isn't a dynamic queue thing right? If they implemented solo queue once again they wouldn't take away new champion select.

So on top of drawing the population of dynamic queue players who 1. Dont play with friends and 2. Are so competitive they think having one duo queue on their team is a huge setback, we add back the trolly "mid or feed" last pick champ select as well?

They should put in solo queue just to watch it implode/have half the player base get banned

• Locked thread