Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

zeal posted:

There's a world where Jeb spent his working life as a Florida high school Spanish teacher, that is richer for him in every conceivable way than his existence in this one.

It's also a world where the republican party exists as a reasonable counterweight to the democratic party, a blend of forward thinking, fiscal conservatism and interpreting the constitution for the 21st century and both parties cooperate with each other for the sake of the American people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

zeal posted:

There's a world where Jeb spent his working life as a Florida high school Spanish teacher, that is richer for him in every conceivable way than his existence in this one.

Presumably this is the same place where Newt Gingrich is a respected science television personality, like Bill Nye but for zoos and space. Every once in a while, he thinks about the good he could have done for the environment and science education if he had gone into politics instead, then sighs and shakes his head; he just finds working with animals and educating children so fulfilling.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Paul Ryan being a waiter at the Tortilla Coast is the most elegant metaphor for congress right now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

Paul Ryan being a waiter at the Tortilla Coast is the most elegant metaphor for congress right now

*shakes empty glass with only ice in it, looks perturbed*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Paul Ryan is running for President.
E: Just come out and say it Ryan, just come out and say it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yes sir, Mr Amash, I know theres salt all over the rim of your margarita glass. thats because its a margarita. yes sir I can certainly run that back for you and get you a new one without it. of course we will be having an obamacare repeal vote this thursday. of course, sir.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Montasque posted:

E: Just come out and say it Ryan, just come out and say it.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/712661183069863939

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

yes sir, Mr Amash, I know theres salt all over the rim of your margarita glass. thats because its a margarita. yes sir I can certainly run that back for you and get you a new one without it. of course we will be having an obamacare repeal vote this thursday. of course, sir.

"Oh, and we'll all need separate checks"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

"my feelings" :qq:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

"Oh, and we'll all need separate checks"

*scrawls "go back to Agrabah, Habib" in tip field of receipt*

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Montasque posted:

Emory University: We Will Use Security Cameras to Track Down and Possibly Punish Students Who Chalked Their Support for Trump

http://emorywheel.com/emory-students-express-discontent-with-administrative-response-to-trump-chalkings/

I swear I read this but I still don't get it. They're protesting the university administration for...not doing a thing, or doing a thing, but...what? Is it just students being a bit silly about things? Why is this a news story?

I'm genuinely confused.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Montasque posted:

Emory University: We Will Use Security Cameras to Track Down and Possibly Punish Students Who Chalked Their Support for Trump

http://emorywheel.com/emory-students-express-discontent-with-administrative-response-to-trump-chalkings/

I see things are going exactly as expected. It will be Mizzou^100

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

s

m

d

h

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
This whole Ryan speech is a fantastic argument for Congress to do their loving jobs.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
From here on out expect the media to parade the social justice freakshow 24/7 with spoiled upper-middle class kids blubbering incoherently to the camera how the very idea of people voting for Trump or disagreeing with them in general sends them into spasms and is exactly equal if not worse then slavery.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Perfectly Safe posted:

I swear I read this but I still don't get it. They're protesting the university administration for...not doing a thing, or doing a thing, but...what? Is it just students being a bit silly about things? Why is this a news story?

I'm genuinely confused.

The administration failed to create a safe space by not addressing the "Trump: 2016" chalkings.

They are now reviewing security camera footage to track down and possibly punish the chalker(s).

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
:siren: Ryan statement: "We need to respect one another and not be so divisive." :siren:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
"I castigated people with a broad brush, and that was wrong."

A powerful speaker to be sure.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

In 2020, maybe

Edit: Now coming out in favor of criminal justice reform

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
He's arguing against mandatory minimums now, so he's surely not preparing for a Presidential run.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Totalizator posted:

From here on out expect the media to parade the social justice freakshow 24/7 with spoiled upper-middle class kids blubbering incoherently to the camera how the very idea of people voting for Trump or disagreeing with them in general sends them into spasms and is exactly equal if not worse then slavery.

well at the very least im sure a bunch of people will make a bunch of extremely good poo poo posts about, ah... safe spaces? and the funny social media platform?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Translation: my party hosed up and is hosed up and it's costing us political points so we're backpedaling on being dicks so we can secure our seats.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Lmao OK is this just Ryan, or as speaker is he speaking for the GOP when he says this. Either way, lols for days.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

He's arguing against mandatory minimums now, so he's surely not preparing for a Presidential run.

Maybe he's hoping he can't be forced to run at gunpoint in a brokered convention if he pivots left now.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

DaveWoo posted:

In 2020, maybe

Edit: Now coming out in favor of criminal justice reform
In a year where GOP voters are salivating for the implementation of more severe torture methods, he will probably have to wait until 2020, yes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ladies and gentlemen, the next Jeb Bush

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Montasque posted:

Hey Emory Campus, next time you find yourself getting offended by a sidewalk chalk drawing advertising a political candidate, just like, wash it off. Like just get a bucket of water or a hose or something and get rid of it hahaha

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

well at the very least im sure a bunch of people will make a bunch of extremely good poo poo posts about, ah... safe spaces? and the funny social media platform?

Yeah, the well is pretty dry for mocking these people, the concepts of 'trigger' 'safe space' and 'microaggression' are functionally dead other then as a punchline. Hopefully they will refill it with their tears and creative media stunts before November!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
or, like, buy some chalk of your own and draw dicks all over it

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

:siren: Ryan statement: "We need to respect one another and not be so divisive." :siren:

says increasingly nervous politician for fifth time this year

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

jesus loving christ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

or, like, buy some chalk of your own and draw dicks all over it

Lets be real; if someone drew chalk dicks the protests would grow.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
As I left for work this morning, I discovered to my horror that the sidewalk in front of my house had been marked with an oppressive number grid commonly known as a "hopscotch." I was shaking so hard that I could hardly get my phone out of my pocket to call in sick. The next call I placed? The Mayor's office.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the real world is a lot less desensitized to Trump than we are.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Totalizator posted:

upper middle class white kids are one of trumps big demo's, or do you think the make anime great again crowd is from [insert place that lacks white people here]

edit: nobody likes Trump, so I don't really think the media will need to reach to find people that don't like him

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 23, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

upper middle class white kids are one of trumps big demo's, or do you think the make anime great again crowd is from harlem

edit: nobody likes Trump, so I don't really think the media will need to reach to find people that don't like him

Where do you think upper middle class white kids live now

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Venom Snake posted:

upper middle class white kids are one of trumps big demo's, or do you think the make anime great again crowd is from harlem

Lol no they are all Bernie supporters.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

zoux posted:

Where do you think upper middle class white kids live now

Yeah, I was about to say...

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

My prevailing hope this year is that Donald Trump eventually gets saturated in the way that Green Day did with American Idiot or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Maybe after the 1001st racist/bigoted/insane thing he says people will just start to roll their eyes because its old news. I feel like all Hillary has to do at that point is in a humoring tone at a debate say something to the effect of " We know Donald... you're the toughest there is... how could we forget?"

deathbysnusnu fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

deathbysnusnu posted:

My prevailing hope this year is that Donald Trump eventually gets saturated in the way that Green Day did with American idiot or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Maybe after the 1001st racist/bigoted/insane thing he says people will just start to roll their eyes because its old news. I feel like all Hillary has to do at that point is in a humoring tone at a debate say something to the effect of " We know Donald... you're the toughest there is... how could we forget?"

As soon as his opponent can say things like 'I don't think we should build a wall between here and mexico" and "not white people are not actually sand demons" he's going to have problems. The issue is his opponents can't attack him on his stances.

• Locked thread