Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pretty sure it's a pun in Japanese. That's what incomprehensible jokes like that usually are, anyway.

With Gyro, it's hard to be sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I thought some of Gyro's jokes were explained by translators but I guess that's not one of them.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It's a lovely non-joke, but it's not just nonsense. He holds up 4(shi) fingers, then 2(tsu), and finally makes a zero(rei). "Shitsurei" means "excuse me."
It's like saying a random phrase with sign language at the same time you speak it, and calling it a "gag."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gruckles posted:

It's a lovely non-joke, but it's not just nonsense. He holds up 4(shi) fingers, then 2(tsu), and finally makes a zero(rei). "Shitsurei" means "excuse me."
It's like saying a random phrase with sign language at the same time you speak it, and calling it a "gag."

Gyro's the goddamn best.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gyro's the goddamn best.

Oh yeah, Gyro's great. He always makes me laugh. All the time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

An Italian man who sort of pretends to be American telling an extremely Japanese joke in the 1880's.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

is there an actual joke on this page or is it just gyro making an unjoke and Johnny playing along?

Both.

i love johnny

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Pizza mozzarella~
Pizza mozzarella~
Rella rella rella rella~
Rella rella rella rella~
Rella rella rella rella~
Pizza mozzarella~

What do you think?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

It's great, Gyro! I like it!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i want to see my son okuyasu eat the italian food

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im gonna sit there and smile and be happy and i'm gonna point and tell my roomate "thats my son"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to see Okuyasu punch Akira in the face

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I want to see the first Kira battle

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

i want to see josuke get real mad when people say mean things about his dope hair

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
*holds up fingers to indicate 420* it's very funny actually,

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Enourmo posted:

is there an actual joke on this page or is it just gyro making an unjoke and Johnny playing along?

My favorite part of these dumb jokes is how much effort Gyro puts into whatever hand gesture he's doing. Look at his arm. It's shaking! Dude's flexing hard.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny thinks they're super good jokes and the songs rule too.

Ban all deniers.

e:
The DiU anime upgraded Josuke to a Nintendo 64 instead of a SNES by the way, 'cos the part's set in '99, where the manga drawn in Nintendo's relevant golden age.
david love JoJo almost too much.

Mixing Nantendo and Zony hardware what are you doing Higashikata???

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 23, 2016

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

e:
The DiU anime upgraded Josuke to a Nintendo 64 instead of a SNES by the way, 'cos the part's set in '99, where the manga drawn in Nintendo's relevant golden age.
david love JoJo almost too much.

Mixing Nantendo and Zony hardware what are you doing Higashikata???

lol that's a nice touch

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cant recognize the game cover but the yellow cartridge makes me think Donkey Kong 64 and of course Josuke would play that.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

David adds so many small loving touches that really make the experience better. Retroactively adding the star birthmarks in the first season, having photographs of the different Joestar generations and a magazine with Smokey on it in Suzy Q's room, showing Petshop on DIO's shoulder, putting the bow and arrow on DIO's wall, mirroring Joseph's "CAESAR" face when he attacks with hamon and hermit purple... All tons of unnecessary but appreciated stuff. Even the filler moments like Star Platinum using its finger again during the Anubis fight or explaining how Jotaro got another outfit after burning his old one up add to the experience.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant recognize the game cover but the yellow cartridge makes me think Donkey Kong 64 and of course Josuke would play that.

Yeah there's a tumblr post I can't get to now as I'm on mobile that's zoomed in more and they're saying it's donkey Kong as well; makes sense.

I think Johnny laughing at gyro is 50/50, there might be actual sincerity at times.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
50/50 would make sense because that's how much of his body works.

Someone in this thread said that he was like super sarcastic or something usually? I wasn't really sure, how was that determined? Is it just the way he talks or what?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

50/50 would make sense because that's how much of his body works.

Lol

The intent with the jokes is that he's definitely agreeing with Gyro for the sake of it. The body language and expression convey that pretty well. lovely jokes falling flat happens a couple of times through SSSSSSSSSteel Ball Run.

He does end up singing Pizza Mozarella though so that's just a smash hit GOAT song.

I just realised.
The ED for the Pizza Mozarella episode is like 2000% guaranteed to be Gyro and Johnny singing it, isn't it?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

its pokemon stadium 2

e: you gently caress

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah there's a tumblr post I can't get to now as I'm on mobile that's zoomed in more and they're saying it's donkey Kong as well; makes sense.

I think Johnny laughing at gyro is 50/50, there might be actual sincerity at times.

in my opinion the only sincere laugh johnny did to gyro was when he made the joke about opera singers being fat. The rest is high-tier irony.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
man dressed like cotton candy to man with family name on his grill who just flashed him the weed number as a pun: yeah, the joke was actually good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Death Bot posted:

man dressed like cotton candy to man with family name on his grill who just flashed him the weed number as a pun: yeah, the joke was actually good

I would definitely have my surname on a grill if my surname wasn't like 10 letters long

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

in my opinion the only sincere laugh johnny did to gyro was when he made the joke about opera singers being fat. The rest is high-tier irony.

Yeah, probably right. You basically gotta go off facial expression with Johnny.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TIL that I was born the same week that the chapter Caesar was crushed was first published, which owns because I hate Caesar even more than I hate Kakyoin and All-Star. Maybe even more than those things combined.

Thank you for the birthday gift Araki, I love you even more than ever.

(You can figure it out by basically going to part page on the wiki that was being published in your birth year, scrolling to the volumes section and then clicking on ones that you think it will probably be from there)

e: I am forgetting to put all the words in my sentences because I'm growing really old.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 23, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was born during Yellow Temperance.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

TIL that I was born the same week that the chapter Caesar was crushed was first published, which owns because I hate Caesar even more than I hate Kakyoin and All-Star. Maybe even than those things combined.

Thank you for the birthday gift Araki, I love you even more than ever.

(You can figure it out by basically going to part page that was being published in your birth year, scrolling to the volumes section and then clicking on ones that you think it will probably be from there)

I was born the week Will A Zeppeli died. Zeppeli's vacate.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I was born two days after Sheer Heart Attack (4)

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I was born while Zepelli was teaching Jonathan the ripple...

FormerPoster fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 24, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I was born the week Will A Zeppeli died. Zeppeli's vacate.

Zeppeli killing buddies hell yeah.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I was born nine years before Jojo's Bizarre Adventure started

Pictured: me, listening to the anime soundtrack on my state of the art physical media

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was born on the week of... oh gently caress yes I was born the fateful week in which our hero Hol Horse, by having shoved his fingers up Polnareff's nose, gets the entire Stardust Crusaders killed.

I think that's a fair description of my life.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

whoa, i was born the day DIO died

this explains a lot, in retrospect

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was born in a crossfire hurricane.

it still smarts

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
apparently the Dio's World volume was published on my birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I was born the week DIO killed Joseph.