Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

What the hell are you even studying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

What the hell are you even studying
Physics, final semester of master's degree.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Where is physics needed to understand a lack of potatoes? Wouldn't biology help more?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

Where is physics needed to understand a lack of potatoes? Wouldn't biology help more?
I majored in space potatoes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

kalstrams posted:

I majored in space potatoes.

Watney?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

No.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Ranger bros, what is the skill he's using to dash forward super quickly? I've read and re-read my skill tree and scoured online but can't find anything. Was it a skill taken out after the beta?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJdY7nz3KU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I just wish there was a way to animation skip the amity game. I have to regularly play both the blacksmith in Heidel and Velia for Taritas/Agerian armor and that means buying 8 pieces of armor from each.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Clocks posted:

Like I get how amity works and all and even with that you realize that this is a really poo poo summary, right?
Get Big Combos

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Of course, I'll put points into awakkening when I get home

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You can't

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Drythe posted:

You can't

:pwn:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Drythe posted:

Combos
Some topics have combos, and they will say poo poo like 'After 5 turns, reduce Favor level by 5 for 2 turns'

This means that when that NPC is visited I'll say, on the minigame it starts it's combo. After 5 more topics, the NPC will have his favor decreased by 5. What this means is that your topics that are being affected by the combo now can generate more favor as the NPC's is lower. So you can do poo poo like stack combo bonuses and hit them with a ton in the last few stages.

Combos are denoted by a blue line between the initiating topic and the one's they will affect.

Oh sonofabitch. I thought the reduced favour applied to the NPC you were talking about, and was a penalty :ughh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MadJackMcJack posted:

Oh sonofabitch. I thought the reduced favour applied to the NPC you were talking about, and was a penalty :ughh:

Yeah I thought the same thing when I first started playing the NPC Love Game.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah I thought the same thing when I first started playing the NPC Love Game.
I just wanna buy them new swimsuits and prototype xboxes like in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and be done with it.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I actually like the amity game BUT they really need to get rid of the goddamn reverse circle wheel and just list all the knowledges you have at the bottom with their numbers right on their faces. Talking to a new person and spinning through that poo poo and memorizing faces is dumb and also annoying.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Every goon, make sure you have 2 free Contribution for matchlocks. I have been shown the light, matchlocks can be used to murder AFK fishermans for a pittance of karma. They were being drowned by the dozens last night.

This is going to get people very very mad at us. It must be done. :toot:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

the hell is a matchlock

e: oh. lmao. does it only work on 45+?

Drythe fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 23, 2016

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

DancingShade posted:

The amity minigame is for people who care entirely too much about how much a fake video game NPC likes them.

There are probably people who are obsessed with making the loli girl trader NPC in that munchkin people village like them and oh god I need to drench my brain in turpentine.

It is me, I am this person (but only because raising your amity with trade NPCs gives you more chances in the bargaining minigame).

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Start patching now guys. :f5:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Friends, I think I'm down to the 4 digits of karma from committing mass assault and murder in the flotillas last night.

We also met the BillMurray guild last night. They had the #1 and #4 ranked fishermen for Velia O1. They were actually pretty cool and respected the fish and wildlife enforcement action.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drythe posted:

the hell is a matchlock

e: oh. lmao. does it only work on 45+?

Yes, but there are plenty of those to go around now. :3

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I still can't believe I'm still playing, 3 weeks in. Every spare moment has been spent adventuring or doing crafting and trade.

I found out yesterday that we still get xp and skill points from crafting activities. So the past 2 weeks of crafting hasn't gimped my character.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The Quake posted:

I just wish there was a way to animation skip the amity game. I have to regularly play both the blacksmith in Heidel and Velia for Taritas/Agerian armor and that means buying 8 pieces of armor from each.

Share your tartitas combo

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CountingWizard posted:

I still can't believe I'm still playing, 3 weeks in. Every spare moment has been spent adventuring or doing crafting and trade.

I found out yesterday that we still get xp and skill points from crafting activities. So the past 2 weeks of crafting hasn't gimped my character.

I'm pretty sure Bede went from roughly...level 20 to 50 just fishing.

This loving game, man.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
BDO: It's actually pretty good.

Fakedit: Even if I keep dying one way or another :downs:.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nearly maxed at my STR just running a spare house. Half way through lv 28 this morning. Maybe when I get back from work i'll be 29.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Hy_C posted:

Share your tartitas combo

Are you asking for what I wear or what the amity convo is supposed to look like

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

893 mb patch, thats a lot of new costumes in the cash shop.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Magog posted:

BDO: It's actually pretty good.

Fakedit: Even if I keep dying one way or another :downs:.

I tried to jump into a window at Delphi castle. Overshot the ledge and slammed into the river.

The Quake posted:

Amity convo

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

The Quake posted:

893 mb patch, thats a lot of new costumes in the cash shop.
maybe one that looks dece?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Quake posted:

I think the problem is nobody here really knows how that minigame works (including me).

Something tells me the same amity convo won't work multiple times. Which you know, ugh.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think the problem is nobody here really knows how that minigame works (including me).

Something tells me the same amity convo won't work multiple times. Which you know, ugh.
Each game I played I found optimal combo within first few tries, and then just blasted my way through them, having only to deviate on "N successive fails" objective.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
All citys in 57 Points

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Maintenance extended

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/712668027494481920

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Over or under that it gets extended a few more times today?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Of all the days to want to try this game out. Wish I could at least buy it and download it during the downtime to ease the pain!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Ort posted:

Of all the days to want to try this game out. Wish I could at least buy it and download it during the downtime to ease the pain!

You know there are 7-day trial codes, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Bit late for that now if he's already spent the money. But imo this is the only MMO that's caught me since WoW/Eve, and it has enough of the features of both to keep me interested.