Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Poodge posted:

That's honestly the first time I've ever heard /anyone/ in my lifetime call Pre-Seminal Fluid/Precum/Pre, cowpers fluid.
I know of it being produced from the cowper's gland but... wow do you actually call it that?

It's what this thread has taught me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

necrobobsledder posted:

From what I've seen of Ohio and having done some business there, depending upon the part of Ohio it can be an absolutely terrible place. Health insurance plans there are the worst I've ever had and they're among the most expensive I've ever seen. I don't know what they did there but all signs point to "this state has really, really unhealthy people."

Presumably because the only ones left in Ohio are the ones not healthy enough to come down and further poo poo up Florida.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Not 100% sure but this could have something to do with it.

Cleveland.com posted:

Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Sunday signed a bill intended to block Planned Parenthood from receiving funding for services it provides in health clinics around the state, although the new law would have no impact on abortion services.

The bill, sponsored by Democratic Rep. Bill Patmon of Cleveland and Republican Rep. Margaret Conditt of Butler County, forbids the state from contracting for health services with any entity that performs or promotes non-therapeutic abortions.

TL;DR as part of the anti-abortion at the state level push Ohio has cut all state funding to PP, so its possible that state funds that used to cover part of the STI test are no longer available.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

3.141592653 posted:

I thought they changed the procedure to not be the urethral swab?

They did change it, getting tested now is as easy as taking a piss test.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Anne Whateley posted:

If only you clicked on the link I gave you, the one that offered free testing of HIV plus the big three at 12 different sites in your state, and also had an STI hotline you could call for more info statewide.

I did and am making phone calls today. Poor me I may have to actually make two separate appointments to save hundreds on car insurance cock swabbing.

necrobobsledder posted:

From what I've seen of Ohio and having done some business there, depending upon the part of Ohio it can be an absolutely terrible place. Health insurance plans there are the worst I've ever had and they're among the most expensive I've ever seen. I don't know what they did there but all signs point to "this state has really, really unhealthy people."

I've just paid the fine since Obamacare came round, because that beats blowing literally $6k a year (or 1/4 annual income when working 60 hours/week half the year) before insurance kicks in on the rest.

vvv: I got a hold of the PP unit that does free Hep/HIV testing nearby, and they called BS on the other location's $500 quote for what that's worth. Regardless, they advised going to the public health people who just require an ID.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 23, 2016

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I figure this is probably a negative, but anyone here going to be at kinkfest this weekend?

Mar 6, 2016
Part of me says "I Wish!" but that is only because a few friends of mine are going.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Every weekend is my own personal kinkfest.

Mush Mushi
Sep 9, 2007
Welp. I recently had a very drunken one night stand after getting out of a long term relationship. No condom - loving stupid and I clearly wasn't in my right mind. I've always been in long term monogamous relationships before this. This is not something I've done before and not something that I'll do ever again because I am currently experiencing debilitating STI anxiety (barely slept last night and have been having intrusive thoughts every few minutes throughout the workday). I am seriously ashamed of myself right now. I have no way of contacting the other person.

Google searching definitely isn't going to help me get through this, but I think it might help to get some honest advice. Should I get tested now or wait, or do both? What do I need to look out for over the next days and/or weeks? When will my penis fall off? Am I overreacting? This sucks. Thanks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mush Mushi posted:

Welp. I recently had a very drunken one night stand after getting out of a long term relationship. No condom - loving stupid and I clearly wasn't in my right mind. I've always been in long term monogamous relationships before this. This is not something I've done before and not something that I'll do ever again because I am currently experiencing debilitating STI anxiety (barely slept last night and have been having intrusive thoughts every few minutes throughout the workday). I am seriously ashamed of myself right now. I have no way of contacting the other person.

Google searching definitely isn't going to help me get through this, but I think it might help to get some honest advice. Should I get tested now or wait, or do both? What do I need to look out for over the next days and/or weeks? When will my penis fall off? Am I overreacting? This sucks. Thanks.
Chill the gently caress out and go to a health clinic for an STD test, you'll probably be fine

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mush Mushi posted:

You are way overreacting. The likelihood you got an STD off a single encounter is quite low, and even if you got one, it's no big deal. Almost all STDs can be cured anyway, so even if you got syphilis, you just take some antibiotics.

Once having a one night stand where you weren't perfect about protection will never be your greatest regret. We are all human, none of us are perfect, just learn from it, get tested, and put it behind you.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Affi posted:

It's what this thread has taught me.

I'm very glad, that's really good.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Mush Mushi posted:

You can get tested now to help you chill out, but you should get tested again in 3 months.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

hoobajoo posted:

.. and put it behind you.

And another recommendation for butt sex!

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DandyLion posted:

And another recommendation for butt sex!

Unprotected butt sex increases transmission of STI's.

This is one of the few times where butt sex is not the answer.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Thanks again for the recommendations/resources, I just got back from testing. They took blood/urine samples for HIV/Hep, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. They didn't look at my junk to check for herpes/HPV but I have no sores so ok? Cost me nothing, results in a week.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Vorenus posted:

Thanks again for the recommendations/resources, I just got back from testing. They took blood/urine samples for HIV/Hep, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. They didn't look at my junk to check for herpes/HPV but I have no sores so ok? Cost me nothing, results in a week.

If you have herpes or HPV it would be very rare for you to happen to have symptoms at any given time. Many people never get symptoms at all; most get them rarely and are very mild.

If you're a male, there's really no way to test for HPV.

Mar 6, 2016
When I went in, I wanted a full scale std test because, I had heard that people do that all the time (that really is a thing right?) and the nurse just looked at me and laughed and said, we're only going to test for the most common STDs because there is a small chance of getting xyz.

Still to this day I dunno how I feel about it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

3.141592653 posted:

When I went in, I wanted a full scale std test because, I had heard that people do that all the time (that really is a thing right?) and the nurse just looked at me and laughed and said, we're only going to test for the most common STDs because there is a small chance of getting xyz.

Still to this day I dunno how I feel about it.

Define STD. Suff like herpes, nobody tests for because practically everyone has it. HPV doesn't even have a test for men because it has little to no affect on them, but women get tested for the high risk ones because they can cause cervical cancer. Then there's stuff like chanchroid, which wouldn't be tested for either because who the gently caress has that outside of third world countries?

It's the same reason you don't go to the doctor every year and get a battery of tests for 1000 different respiratory diseases. You only need to check for the ones that aren't always obvious, are common, and are actually dangerous.

Mar 6, 2016
Same ones Vorenus tested for.

Regarding HPV I believe men can still take Guardisil. However, don't quote me on that because I think there's a caveat to it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

3.141592653 posted:

Same ones Vorenus tested for.

Regarding HPV I believe men can still take Guardisil. However, don't quote me on that because I think there's a caveat to it.

They can get the vaccine. They just can't ever know if they have it. :shrug:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
There's no test for HPV in men, but that doesn't mean it can't gently caress them up. In addition to genital warts, guys can also get penile, anal, and oral cancer from it. That's why it's a good idea to get the Gardasil vaccine, which is on-label up to age 26 and off-label but still cool after that.

Vorenus posted:

Sweet! You left it off the list but I'm guessing they also checked for syphilis?

Mar 6, 2016
Yeah!
The caveat was the age range. I think women it cuts off sooner. The vaccine hurts like a bitch though, just saying it now.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It stings for sure, but I have to imagine cancer of the penis is a lot less fun. I think the age range is 26 for everyone now, but it's still a good idea to get it after that even though insurance may not cover it.

Mar 6, 2016
Agreed.
I got it when I was younger and still had Medicare.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Anne Whateley posted:

There's no test for HPV in men, but that doesn't mean it can't gently caress them up. In addition to genital warts, guys can also get penile, anal, and oral cancer from it.

How do people know what effects HPV has in men if it's impossible to know if they have HPV or not?

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Anne Whateley posted:

There's no test for HPV in men, but that doesn't mean it can't gently caress them up. In addition to genital warts, guys can also get penile, anal, and oral cancer from it. That's why it's a good idea to get the Gardasil vaccine, which is on-label up to age 26 and off-label but still cool after that.

Sweet! You left it off the list but I'm guessing they also checked for syphilis?

It actually looks like they didn't, I'm unsure as to why but I'm pretty sure I'd remember the hand rash; it looks like the syphilis test is blood-based so when I call for results I'll poke em about it.

Re HPV: I have a wart on my foot and I think I'd rather have the possibly-cancerous strain of HPV than have one of those things anywhere near my junk. Apparently long-term exposure to apple cider vinegar kills the virus or helps your body figure out that it's there, so as I'm reading this on a site for people with plantar warts I come across a reply saying "Oh hey I soaked a pad in ACV and wore it overnight and now it burns" :barf:Also the HPV vaccine is $100/shot so if you're uninsured you can focus on the sting in your wallet over the sting in your junk.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 25, 2016

Mar 6, 2016
100/a shot!?
When I took it it was a 3 series shot. That's over 300 bucks if you include whatever else they feel the need to charge you with.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

3.141592653 posted:

100/a shot!?
When I took it it was a 3 series shot. That's over 300 bucks if you include whatever else they feel the need to charge you with.

That's quoted from a city health dept, office that tested me for free, so you're probably looking at minimal charges over that esp. if the service is income-based.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

DoctorX posted:

How do people know what effects HPV has in men if it's impossible to know if they have HPV or not?
I mean there's no screening test when you're healthy and have no symptoms. By the time your dick is rotting off they can figure it out.

3.141592653 posted:

100/a shot!?
Obamacare covers preventative care like vaccines, including Gardasil. For most people it's free.

Mar 6, 2016
I've already got the vaccine, but that's good information for folks who are looking into maybe getting it for their self.

Thanks. : )

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

3.141592653 posted:

100/a shot!?

Don't they have a one and done version now?

ookuwagata
Aug 26, 2007

I love you this much!

Anne Whateley posted:

I mean there's no screening test when you're healthy and have no symptoms. By the time your dick is rotting off they can figure it out.

Obamacare covers preventative care like vaccines, including Gardasil. For most people it's free.

I think certain private insurers refuse to pay for Gardisil if you've over a certain age.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah, if you're over 26 it's off-label, and although it's still a good idea, many insurance companies won't pay for off-label stuff.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I thought off-label was illegal? Or do vaccines not count for that?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It's legal (for pills, vaccines, whatever) and super common. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-label_use

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

It's legal (for pills, vaccines, whatever) and super common. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-label_use

Ah, this was the part I was confused about :

quote:

Marketing of pharmaceuticals for off-label use is usually prohibited.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I got my girl so horny she squired every it was hot

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

tumor looking batty posted:

I got my girl so horny she squired every it was hot

Sorry that is pee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Still hot.