Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They've had clutch control for the start on paddles for a few seasons now. What's different this season is they are restricted to it being a single paddle. Previously they had a sort of staged clutch. Next season the clutch will be a standardised FIA part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/03/23/2016-australian-grand-prix-team-radio-transcript-2/

Here's the released radio transcripts from the race. Max is a total baby.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Meanwhile Dan is awesome.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Diet Crack posted:

Meanwhile Dan is awesome.
:agreed:
gently caress redbull. Someone please take Dan away from them.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I would love to see Riccy-D at the Scud or Williams

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Tsaedje posted:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/03/23/2016-australian-grand-prix-team-radio-transcript-2/

Here's the released radio transcripts from the race. Max is a total baby.

Wow good guys Big John and Danny Ric. gently caress off Max V.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Max is great fun. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be hit with a belt. It would be a dull sport if everyone was a nice as Big John.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Dan shamelessly sucking on yankee doodle

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

Max is great fun. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be hit with a belt. It would be a dull sport if everyone was a nice as Big John.

I'm 100% of the opinion that Max is needed in the sport since Alonso and Vettel have become really likeable recently but he is a hateable twat and you're dumb if you think otherwise.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hated Max the minute I saw him, I knew he was a little poo poo.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Aye, Max is to be tolerated, but also criticised

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The GPDA are calling for Bernie's head, in the nicest possible terms. Glad to see they're calling out the move to pay TV on their list of grievances.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Baron Corbyn posted:

The GPDA are calling for Bernie's head, in the nicest possible terms. Glad to see they're calling out the move to pay TV on their list of grievances.

their suggestions are far too sensible, they'll never get implemented

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

quote:

These are:

-decisions on rule changes such as double points in 2014, changing the qualifying format and restricting radio communications for this year, and fundamental errors in the formulation of the turbo hybrid engine rules; plus ideas that have been discussed but not yet accepted such as weight handicaps, reverse grids and qualifying races

-the move towards pay TV, which is at the centre of declining audiences

-the failure of the strategy group of leading teams, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone and governing body the FIA to make significant progress in mapping out a clear direction on the sport's future

-what is perceived to be an inequitable distribution of income, heavily skewed in favour of the top teams

-making a decision on F1's tyre supplier for financial reasons when many of the teams and drivers have misgivings about Pirelli

Agreed with every single one, mostly the first and last point.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Pirelli out, they are not fit for F1.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

El Hefe posted:

Pirelli out, they are not fit for F1.

It would be real cool to see a new supplier for 2017. Michelin would be good and cool.

Personally, I like that there's more tires choices this year. I hope that's something that carries over to new seasons regardless of supplier.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Back when I owned an SVX I wanted to get some Pirelli tires because they seemed quite cool and Italian, but then I started watching F1 and just bought some bridgestones.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Pirelli hate? What have then done wrong that wasn't asked of them?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

HJB posted:

Dan shamelessly sucking on yankee doodle

I'd like Rickydickyardo on Team America F1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nsaP posted:

Pirelli hate? What have then done wrong that wasn't asked of them?

Absolutely nothing but their constant dithering about and sucking up to the teams is quite un-italian and embarrassing. I want them to put out a tire and if it explodes after 4 laps they tell the teams afterwards that they should've only done 3 laps.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

I want them to put out a tire and if it explodes after 4 laps they tell the teams afterwards that they should've only done 3 laps.

Pretty sure they did exactly this recently, but it was something like 14 laps.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Pretty sure they did exactly this recently, but it was something like 14 laps.

Yes but they let the teams bitch and moan about it and then promised it wouldn't happen again. They just seem pathetic.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Yes but they let the teams bitch and moan about it and then promised it wouldn't happen again. They just seem pathetic.

Michelin wouldn't do this. :colbert:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Michelin is a non-starter. They want those wagon-wheel 19 inchers. It looks dumb on your BMW 5 series, why would it make sense on a 1500 pound ground scraping go-kart?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Bring back Goodyear.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

El Hefe posted:

I hated Max the minute I saw him, I knew he was a little poo poo.
Cacks Verstapooen.

I didn't like him from the start either. I call it the 'Eddie Irvine effect'; I disliked Irvine from his first race because Murray wouldn't shut up about how great he was. But at least Irvine didn't look like a frog.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bring back Bridgestones driver specific compounds for the scud.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Also unlimited testing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

Bring back Goodyear.

They could use the PR. Whens the last time you thought of Goodyear as a sporty tire choice?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
F1 is dead in the UK

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sky-secures-exclusive-f1-broadcast-agreement-681864/

"Live Formula 1 races will be taken off free-to-air television in the United Kingdom from 2019, after Sky agreed a new exclusive broadcast agreement with the sport's chiefs."

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

They could use the PR. Whens the last time you thought of Goodyear as a sporty tire choice?

Dunno about america but tyre tests in europe rate the goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric pretty well and the GSD3 that came before that was pretty highly rated for a summer uhp tyre.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Payndz posted:

Cacks Verstapooen.
:eyepop:

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Plebes are easily manipulated by marketing.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Brainwrong posted:

F1 is dead in the UK

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sky-secures-exclusive-f1-broadcast-agreement-681864/

"Live Formula 1 races will be taken off free-to-air television in the United Kingdom from 2019, after Sky agreed a new exclusive broadcast agreement with the sport's chiefs."

Fine, time for me to commit to never paying Sky any money for anything and consuming as much of their content via the internet as I can.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Bring back Goodyear.

Goodyear have been bad at race tires for like 20+ years.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Which is why someone needs to bring them back.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pirelli were also really inconsistent in the 80s and early 90s. Basically lure Bridgestone back because Michelin is being stupid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bring in Chinese tire manufacturers.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Or Korea. Hankook makes great tires. I would also ask Dunlop but apparently there is some weird thing going on with the ownership. Some is Goodyear but the Asian rights to the name belong to Sumitomo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can't remember if my winter tires are "East Lake" or "Green Lake" tires but what I do know is that they're currently under investigation by the DOT for using too cheap a glue when adhering the rubber to the tire carcass and that's the kind of excitement I want in F1.

I thought Dunlop was a subsidiary of some Japanese tire company now?

• Locked thread