Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wank posted:

"Your Taunton will freeze before the first marker!"

Shut the gently caress up arsehole. How about presenting solutions instead of problems? Did you come from the rebel grad program? Or another ex-imperial? This loving generation. Man, I gotta go back to freelancing.

Speaking of, what was Luke always talking about when he said he wanted to join the academy. What was this academy he was speaking of? I doubt you needed to submit an application to join the rebel alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I said come in! posted:

Speaking of, what was Luke always talking about when he said he wanted to join the academy. What was this academy he was speaking of? I doubt you needed to submit an application to join the rebel alliance.

Imperial Academy. He was going to be, I assume, a TIE Fighter pilot. But (at least according to a deleted scene), the plan was to use that as a jumping off point for deserting and joining the Rebel Alliance, like Biggs did.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Imperial Academy. He was going to be, I assume, a TIE Fighter pilot. But (at least according to a deleted scene), the plan was to use that as a jumping off point for deserting and joining the Rebel Alliance, like Biggs did.

That never connected with me even if it makes perfect sense. Just the thought of Luke in the Imperial Academy... :stare: What if Darth Vader picked up on him? Although the Academy is probably far away from where Vader would be.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

I said come in! posted:

I doubt you needed to submit an application to join the rebel alliance.

It is now canon that a Rebel officer can run off to go gently caress his Imperial officer ex-girlfriend in secret and then be welcomed back with little more than an apology.

Terry Grunthouse
Apr 9, 2007

I AM GOING TO EAT YOU LOOK MY TEETH ARE REALLY GOOD EATERS
Interesting note:

In the Force Awakens blu-ray, they have added a shot between Takodana and D'Qar. In the theatrical release, there was a just wipe to show the transition between planets, which caused some confusion because both planets looked so similar that it was unclear they had even switched planets. In the blu-ray release, they've added a shot of the x-wings, millennium falcon and that other ship flying from Takodana to D'Qar to clear up the confusion.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Terry Grunthouse posted:

Interesting note:

In the Force Awakens blu-ray, they have added a shot between Takodana and D'Qar. In the theatrical release, there was a just wipe to show the transition between planets, which caused some confusion because both planets looked so similar that it was unclear they had even switched planets. In the blu-ray release, they've added a shot of the x-wings, millennium falcon and that other ship flying from Takodana to D'Qar to clear up the confusion.

I might be crazy, but I remember a shot of the Falcon, a bunch of X-Wings, and that ship Leia was on leaving hyperspace and approaching D'Qar. Was that somewhere else?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Terry Grunthouse posted:

Interesting note:

Is the unaltered theatrical release going to be available? :ohdear:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

thrawn527 posted:

I might be crazy, but I remember a shot of the Falcon, a bunch of X-Wings, and that ship Leia was on leaving hyperspace and approaching D'Qar. Was that somewhere else?

There's a shot of them approaching a planet with an asteroid belt, but I don't remember when that is.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

computer parts posted:

There's a shot of them approaching a planet with an asteroid belt, but I don't remember when that is.

Yeah, this shot.

Is this not between them leaving Takodana and arriving at D'Qar?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Toilet Mouth posted:

The original release was ritually destroyed, as is customary.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Terry Grunthouse posted:

Interesting note:

Nice, a Special Edition. Will it be getting a theatrical re-release?

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this shot.

Is this not between them leaving Takodana and arriving at D'Qar?

Yeah, this shot was in the theatrical version between Takodana and D'Qar.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Toilet Mouth posted:

The get in emote.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Bongo Bill posted:

The get in emote.

The fap emote seems more appropriate for you

"I'm gonna pretend people hate George Lucas making changes instead of realizing they hate some of the changes he made that completely changed the tone of the movies he made"

Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 23, 2016

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Guiness13 posted:

Yeah, this shot was in the theatrical version between Takodana and D'Qar.

So what is Terry Grunthouse saying is going to be input for the BluRay release?

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

thrawn527 posted:

So what is Terry Grunthouse saying is going to be input for the BluRay release?

Hell if I know. All I can say is that shot is already there. Hell, maybe whoever reported that missed that shot in the theater and thought it was new. It goes by pretty quick. Or it's expanded, since it seems pretty clear that a few people missed it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The shots are the same, its a joke about people pretending to be too dumb to understand TFA.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zoran posted:

It is now canon that a Rebel officer can run off to go gently caress his Imperial officer ex-girlfriend in secret and then be welcomed back with little more than an apology.

Wait, what?

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

I said come in! posted:

That never connected with me even if it makes perfect sense. Just the thought of Luke in the Imperial Academy... :stare: What if Darth Vader picked up on him? Although the Academy is probably far away from where Vader would be.

I dimly remember an illustrated Star Wars choose-your-adventure book from my pre-TPM childhood where one of the endings was refusing the call to adventure, working another season, then shipping out to the academy. The illustration for the ending page had Luke in an imerial officer uniform saluting Vader.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

a gift for you guys

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neowyrm posted:

a gift for you guys

That double-hull design is rad.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

thrawn527 posted:

Speaking of deleted scenes, how about the real reason Luke wanted to go to Toshi Station.

:wiggle:

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone making these GIFs could go to jail for it. New World Order TPP - wake up sheeple! :tinfoil:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Such a waste of a cool design.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Starkiller base is :coal:

Also really liked the running lights on the Xwings

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

wyoming posted:

Speaking of deleted scenes, how about the real reason Luke wanted to go to Toshi Station.

I thought that was Rey at first glance.

Hmmmm....

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

wyoming posted:

Becca Tosche, the blowjob queen of Tatooine.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I like how unwieldy the Falcon appears in this shot (and the escape sequence in general). Really reinforces the idea that Rey's still learning how to fly the dang thing in the midst of all this mayhem.

Additionally, the scorched terrain on either side of the Starkiller is a nice continuity nod.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

I like how unwieldy the Falcon appears in this shot (and the escape sequence in general). Really reinforces the idea that Rey's still learning how to fly the dang thing in the midst of all this mayhem.

Additionally, the scorched terrain on either side of the Starkiller is a nice continuity nod.

How did they cut that trench, with a smaller Starkiller?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Another!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Having been an aircraft mechanic, seeing the new X-wing engines and their half-moon turbine blades trigger me pretty badly.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There are a lot of really good shots in this movie that go by faster than I would like them to.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I'll admit that these gifs make the film look substantially better than it did with murky 3D. Of course, the problem was never actually the cinematography.

Bongo Bill posted:

There are a lot of really good shots in this movie that go by faster than I would like them to.

I think that's the problem. They made a movie that's 'gif-able'.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I think that's the problem. They made a movie that's 'gif-able'.

Welcome to the future :coal:

Edit: Being flippant but I think this is an important distinction for modern film making. We used to get a lot of our movie info & prerelease stuff from magazines, newspapers, special booklets and poo poo like that. The future is all video. We have youtube quick looks & a million different teasers and trailers.

There will always be room for a classic still frame, and I hope that movies don't move away from that completely because I do enjoy them, but I also really like animated gifs and seeing certain scenes in motion.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 24, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat this movie is so loving GOOD.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please keep posting .gifs because thats the only way Ill be able to enjoy this movie at all lol.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Please keep posting .gifs because thats the only way Ill be able to enjoy this movie at all lol.

of course.

edit

Neowyrm fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 24, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I think it's cool that we see a lot of ships flying around in the atmosphere, there wasn't very much of that in the previous movies, I think

• Locked thread