Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
There's definitely a mill theme going on in blue from what we've seen, and with the smaller deck sizes in limited just hitting someone for a dozen cards or so while drawing out the game (something blue should be pretty capable of) seems like it could be a reasonable deck.

In constructed, these cards seems more likely to be actively counterproductive unless they have some real big hitters waiting to be spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Meatbag Esq. posted:

delve is gone when standard rotates right?

Yeah.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Not seen this posted:
There's a Judge social media Jigsaw going on, the pieces have all came from different Judge outlets (including individually some higher profile judges)
Here it is so far:

Looks like XUG or thereabouts for a clone that comes in with an additional X +1/+1 counters.
I think it might copy a graveyard card, a la mimeoplasm. The minioplasm.

E: l 2 link images gud

mehall fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 23, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mehall posted:

Not seen this posted:
There's a Judge social media Jigsaw going on, the pieces have all came from different Judge outlets (including individually some higher profile judges)
Here it is so far:

Looks like XUG or thereabouts for a clone that comes in with an additional X +1/+1 counters.

The word "Ego" capitalized in the rules text, the creature type starts with S, and the image shows lady screaming at a giant version of herself.

I think it's a Clone that gets X +1/+1 counters, or something like it.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Super Ego duh

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Molybdenum posted:

Super Ego duh

Freud cycle, please.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Is this pretty much cut and dry at this point that Emrakaul/Emeria is somehow involved here?

I'm not too up on the lore but it kinda looks that way with some of the flavour text and the *nudge nudge* references going about.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I can't be bothered to upload every revision, but there's a line of rules text above the block. We only got what looks like "t be" and then the start of what is likely a c for countered, so likely uncounterable.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

AceClown posted:

Is this pretty much cut and dry at this point that Emrakaul/Emeria is somehow involved here?

I'm not too up on the lore but it kinda looks that way with some of the flavour text and the *nudge nudge* references going about.
No, not at all. It's way more likely that there's some sort of Dagon-like sea god responsible, who Nahiri is attempting to awaken.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Oh, someone mentioned the use of the word "permanent" with Vessel of Nascency?

The game does understand "permanent card" as a valid thing.

I'm going to guess Vessel just lists out the types for simplicity's sake, and because it has room to spare.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mcmagic posted:

Yeah. I'm not unhappy if I don't win and I gave myself the best chance to win. I just didn't have fun. It's not the same thing.
That's pretty sad, man. Like seriously, if a game is close and I get outplayed or outplanned or whatever, it was a fun game even if I lost. I'm only really unhappy if I'm getting land-flooded or land-screwed, since in those cases I'm not so much playing as I am watching someone goldfish. And if I'm doing things in the game, it's still fun and I'm still having fun by having a good interactive game; that fun isn't retroactively nullified when my life total hits zero.

I guess what I don't get is how you feel during a game. Are you just emotionally void until the outcome has been determined? Is there fun being had until such time that you lose, when all previous fun had is retconned away?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

That's pretty sad, man. Like seriously, if a game is close and I get outplayed or outplanned or whatever, it was a fun game even if I lost. I'm only really unhappy if I'm getting land-flooded or land-screwed, since in those cases I'm not so much playing as I am watching someone goldfish. And if I'm doing things in the game, it's still fun and I'm still having fun by having a good interactive game; that fun isn't retroactively nullified when my life total hits zero.

I guess what I don't get is how you feel during a game. Are you just emotionally void until the outcome has been determined? Is there fun being had until such time that you lose, when all previous fun had is retconned away?

Ok I was going more for the act of being competitive is fun in and of itself. Winning is even more fun, but if I'm playing a deck that I feel is competitive or I'm improving a deck to that point, then it's all fun for me.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

mehall posted:

Not seen this posted:
Here it is so far:

It says "You may have (something) Ego enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it enters with X additional +1/+1 counters on it."

The X in the mana cost looks much too far to the right, it actually looks like the costs is XUG. But based on what clones are supposed to cost it's probably X1UG or X2UG.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Lets Pickle posted:

It says "You may have (something) Ego enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it enters with X additional +1/+1 counters on it."

The X in the mana cost looks much too far to the right, it actually looks like the costs is XUG. But based on what clones are supposed to cost it's probably X1UG or X2UG.

The pieces aren't quite the same/right size. We have another piece which fairly definitively shows a 2 mana symbol.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Lets Pickle posted:

It seems to be:
Altered Ego- X2GU
Altered Ego can't be countered
You may have Altered Ego enter the battlefield as a copy of target creature on the battlefield, except it enters the battlefield with an additional X +1/+1 counters on it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
XUG would make it good, and we can't have UG getting good cards.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GeneX posted:

And even the good BU cards aren't really playable other than Lumbering Falls.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Errant Gin Monks posted:

"If you have fun playing this game you clearly aren't ready to be an actual tournament player, scrub."
-mcmagic

It's more that I'm in too deep but I unloaded a good chunk of cards to put a down payment on a new car. That felt really good.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Big :frog: wasn't a vanilla 13/13 but hey, BG, a little bit of oracle of mul daya, a little bit of not-titania, I can dig it.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

GeneX posted:

Clone effects generally cost 4 or more.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Gaby Spartz quit her job making lovely websites and will be doing magic full time. She's joining the coverage team full time and will be streaming full time also.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

GeneX posted:

Did you ever play with Phantasmal Image and Phyrexian Metamoprh?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jassi007 posted:

Gaby Spartz quit her job making lovely websites and will be doing magic full time. She's joining the coverage team full time and will be streaming full time also.

So she can make enough money to support herself by doing this full time but Patrick Sullivan who is the best at this can't? Huh?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That's awesome! I didn't get a chance to watch her on coverage much, but I guess she did well?

Were there any interesting matches from the last (covered) GP I should go back and watch anyway?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

a 2 mana clone is not merely 'a good card'

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

So she can make enough money to support herself by doing this full time but Patrick Sullivan who is the best at this can't? Huh?

Patrick Sullivan doesn't have a wealthy wife is part of the problem I assume.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Patrick Sullivan doesn't have a wealthy wife is what I assume is the problem.

Oh, I didn't know she had money or whatever.

UberJew posted:

a 2 mana clone is not merely 'a good card'

We had a 4 mana clone in the last standard that could clone walkers too and it was unplayable.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Oh, I didn't know she had money or whatever.

We had a 4 mana clone in the last standard that could clone walkers too and it was unplayable.

Her husband supposedly made a large amount of money in facebook clickbait poo poo.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Sickening posted:

Patrick Sullivan doesn't have a wealthy wife is part of the problem I assume.
Also it wasn't just money. Patrick had an opportunity to get a full-time game design position at Activision, where he was a contractor previously.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Her husband supposedly made a large amount of money in facebook clickbait poo poo.

Oh ok. At least her being in the booth means less time for Buehler/BDM which is good. Would prefer a pro player who is better at explaining all the available lines though.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

and had it been a 2 mana clone instead it would have been a 4 of in every blue deck (so, by the last season basically every deck)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Sickening posted:

Her husband founded Mugglenet, the gigantic Harry Potter fansite. I'm sure he made a shitload of money from that, and they now run clickbait sites.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
the split card of jace copies 5-8 or 2 mana siege rhino would have been a pretty ridiculous loving card i think you can agree

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

UberJew posted:

and had it been a 2 mana clone instead it would have been a 4 of in every blue deck (so, by the last season basically every deck)

Was Phantasmal Image an Auto 4 of in Standard? I wasn't playing in a format with it...

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Oh ok. At least her being in the booth means less time for Buehler/BDM which is good. Would prefer a pro player who is better at explaining all the available lines though.

At this point if my choice is between the pro's and Gabby, Gabby seems like the clear decision for one seat. She is just seems to have more of an affinity for commentating even if she can't really do it at a pro level yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

At this point if my choice is between the pro's and Gabby, Gabby seems like the clear decision for one seat. She is just seems to have more of an affinity for commentating even if she can't really do it at a pro level yet.

I bet Owen would be good at it. His interview on LR was quite good.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Her husband owns the company she worked for. They're millionares. She's ok.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sickening posted:

Yes. Gabby is a good commentator and is entertaining. I look forward to potential Rich Hagon + gabby duos in the future. :peanut: maybe they could make pro tour commentary entertaining.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Yes. Gabby is a good commentator and is entertaining. I look forward to potential Rich Hagon + gabby duos in the future. :peanut: maybe they could make pro tour commentary entertaining.

You find Rich Hagon entertaining? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I bet Owen would be good at it. His interview on LR was quite good.

Owen would rather play magic. That is also part of the problem of finding commentators.

I would also assume owen is too much of a dick to be likable long term.

• Locked thread