Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dexie posted:

Pegasus or nothing. :colbert:

I second this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Yuya-boy, your monsters are positively delightful!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Logicblade posted:

Yuya-boy, your monsters are positively delightful!

If I wasn't convinced before, this would've done it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pegasus appearance in Bonds Beyond Time was due to how easy it was to get his voice actor, right? With that as a basis, and seeing how much more "grounded" DM is compared to the spin-offs, it would make sense to bring Pegasus in...

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Wait, is Kite supposed to Jack's age? Because that's hilarious. He looks so short and Jack looks like such a giant, it's adorable.

Also for DM characters I'd want Joey and Pegasus, presumably in a weird setup where Pegasus is inexplicably Mr. Miyaging Joey into being a better duelist.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hopeford posted:

Wait, is Kite supposed to Jack's age? Because that's hilarious. He looks so short and Jack looks like such a giant, it's adorable.

Also for DM characters I'd want Joey and Pegasus, presumably in a weird setup where Pegasus is inexplicably Mr. Miyaging Joey into being a better duelist.

It was a dropped plot point that he had Cardgame Cancer, iirc.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

According to the cast listing for episode 98, Lazar/Yeager will be making an appearance with a speaking role.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kay Kessler posted:

According to the cast listing for episode 98, Lazar/Yeager will be making an appearance with a speaking role.

Best ever. I hope he's the president of Synchro and tells Roger to go to hell.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Double Tuning.
Yuya discards his fathers philosophy of Smiles and in turn makes Jack finally smile by pursuing his own desire.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
His mother is going to be distraught.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Also the Crimson Dragon appears for like a minute because why not.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

Also the Crimson Dragon appears for like a minute because why not.

CRIMSON HELL BURNIIIIING

It kinda works.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of Pegasus, has the whole Toon gimmick received any new cards since the original series?

Just seems kind of weird that the first "effect card -plus-" gimmick sees so little love. That might just be because I like the whole satirical style to them and think it would make some of the other gimmicks feel a little less secluded and forgettable.

Or because its hard to expand a gimmick of "you can special summon a ton if dudes who cant be attacked and can hit your opponent directly if they aren't running the same gimmick" fairly, especially with newer cards to protect Toon World.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 23, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neurolimal posted:

Speaking of Pegasus, has the whole Toon gimmick received any new cards since the original series?

Just seems kind of weird that the first "effect card -plus-" gimmick sees so little love. That might just be because I like the whole satirical style to them and think it would make some of the other gimmicks feel a little less secluded and forgettable.

Or because its hard to expand a gimmick of "you can special summon a ton if dudes who cant be attacked and can hit your opponent directly if they aren't running the same gimmick" fairly, especially with newer cards to protect Toon World.

Oh boy you're in luck
A whole bunch of them got released actually. Best of being Toon Kingdom, a field spell that acts as your Toon World and prevents your toons from being destroyed.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 23, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Additionally, the new Toon Red-Eyes Black Dragon is a valid target for all the new Red-Eyes support which makes swarming with high-level toons (such as Toon Dark Magician) ridiculously easy.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

Additionally, the new Toon Red-Eyes Black Dragon is a valid target for all the new Red-Eyes support which makes swarming with high-level toons (such as Toon Dark Magician) ridiculously easy.

Cool, glad to be wrong :)

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Toons have been recieving one new card per major set for a little while now. It's not always a good one, but it's a lot more legacy support than most archetypes get.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Hurrah, Yuya isn't a complete sad sack of tears anymore!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

PowerBeard posted:

Hurrah, Yuya isn't a complete sad sack of tears anymore!

He's acting semi-competent. And then it'll fall apart in Xyz.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Slur posted:

He's acting semi-competent. And then it'll fall apart in Xyz.

But he'll learn a valuable lesson from his duel against Kite on the Moon.

Then he'll fall apart in Fusion.

But he'll learn a valuable lesson from his duel against Chumley and his Sake / Hot Sauce deck.

Then he'll fall apart in Ritual.

But he'll learn a valuable lesson from his duel against Duke Devlin and his Dice Monster game.

The cycle will never end.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I thought ARC-V was the best series yet according to a lot of people?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It is.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

It is, but this arc is dragging a bit because... well it's yugioh.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Jack's D-Wheel has GN Particles and can go into Trans-Am :aaaaa:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Yes it is, it's just that Yuya is more worried about making people smile than the fact that he keeps blacking out and stomping people.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

This arc had some obvious set-up from the beginning for the main character to learn a valuable lesson and undergo major character development but it had to save the big moment where it all comes together for the climactic duel at the end of the arc. So Yuya has kind of gotten 80% of the way to learning said lesson before getting his confidence crushed and having to learn it all over again a few times now, which has become kinda old. The actual climax is looking to be pretty darn sweet though and a lot of the other stuff this arc has been great. It's just been really slow.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The climax of this duel is likely, hopefully, Yuya finally going full egao trusting himself to egao for himself and others with his own style of dueling that's less "lets force out egaos" and more "lets pull off sicknasty plays nobody has done before with the power of pendulums! (and conveniently having card that say they can be played in bizarre yet cool circumstances)" but yeah for most of year 2 he's been ping-ponging back and forth between egao and no egao, so its been tiresome getting here.

God these have been great episodes, JACK pulling out all the limiters and jumping through the bridge, forging a path that's not even there, and doubletuning and using the crimson dragon as a neat backdrop is so loving cool. And the Lancers going straight up superhero team.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So, I recently registered the IRC channel #YGOons on irc.synirc.net. I was inspired to make it by TCG chat in another channel but there's absolutely no reason anime chat can't go on there too. If, like me, you're the kind of dork that chats on IRC, check it out! pleasei'm so lonely

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hey, next week they're compensating for the Ping Pong Dimension's Attack by having two episodes air back to back, so 99 and 100 air together and 100 will have a new OP and ED.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NikkolasKing posted:

It is. It's sagged quite a bit in year 2, but Arc-V at its worst is still better than most of the other Yu-Gi-Ohs at their average.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This arc had some obvious set-up from the beginning for the main character to learn a valuable lesson and undergo major character development but it had to save the big moment where it all comes together for the climactic duel at the end of the arc. So Yuya has kind of gotten 80% of the way to learning said lesson before getting his confidence crushed and having to learn it all over again a few times now, which has become kinda old. The actual climax is looking to be pretty darn sweet though and a lot of the other stuff this arc has been great. It's just been really slow.

This is the main issue. They've had to zig-zag Yuya's development quite a few times. But just this week it got some genuinely amazing payoff, so, hopefully it'll stick.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this week's episode yet, you're in for a real treat. It's one of the best in the series so far.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

VJeff posted:

It is. It's sagged quite a bit in year 2, but Arc-V at its worst is still better than most of the other Yu-Gi-Ohs at their average.

This is the main issue. They've had to zig-zag Yuya's development quite a few times. But just this week it got some genuinely amazing payoff, so, hopefully it'll stick.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this week's episode yet, you're in for a real treat. It's one of the best in the series so far.

No kidding.

Calm and cool Reiji vs Jean-Michel's insanity. This is the best duel in the series for me. Well...behind Judai vs Darkness in GX. Nothing can top the theory of a single card from a card game creating everything. So basically Yu-Gi-Oh! is God and Darkness is Satan.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Oh my god, Rogers stealing the "The Fun has just begun" at the end of the preview is loving gold. This episode was good, nice cheesy way for Yuya to win his duel against Jack, and now we get to enjoy Roger hamming it up for a whole hour next week!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's the final duel of the arc, I wonder what kinds of cool cards Jean is gonna use oh god dammit not again.

At least it's not more dogs. :sigh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Who the hell are you talking about? I don't see any Roger in this episode, just Reiji vs ROGET.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yuya winning duels through Odd-Eyes OTK comboes again instead of Rebellion Dragon. It only took an entire season. :swoon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

Yuya winning duels through Odd-Eyes OTK comboes again instead of Rebellion Dragon. It only took an entire season. :swoon:

Man, Yuya hasn't won a single duel with DRXD/OERD this entire arc except Crow.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

Man, Yuya hasn't won a single duel with DRXD/OERD this entire arc except Crow.

He hasn't...? I do remember him summoning them literally every duel.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well DRXD is pretty awesome

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
That was a really good episode! It really reminded me of the last duel of 5D's, but cooler because all of Yuya's monsters played a part in chipping away Tyrant's Attack instead of just powering up Odd-Eyes or something. It was really cool how everything came together and the cameos were cute, too.

Really looking forward to next week's episode. Reiji hasn't actually dueled anyone in... like 2 seasons, so that'll be cool. He probably won't lose to Roget so it'll be a big ol' end of season Tag Duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I'm sure Reiji has like 8 separate ways of getting out of this "precarious" situation.