Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Oh, I've been playing every day since it came out and even if there was no free trial I'd tell people to buy it, I just meant if he wants to try it out and hasn't bought it yet, a trial does exist. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Where can we find the update info? Goddamnit Korea!

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Bit late for that now if he's already spent the money. But imo this is the only MMO that's caught me since WoW/Eve, and it has enough of the features of both to keep me interested.

I agree, I've been spending too much time in BDO and I'm not tired of it. This coming from someone who hates, *hates* MMOs. My only real complaint is that it's intentionally withholding a lot of character customization because of the cash shop.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Chewbot posted:

I agree, I've been spending too much time in BDO and I'm not tired of it. This coming from someone who hates, *hates* MMOs. My only real complaint is that it's intentionally withholding a lot of character customization because of the cash shop.

It's not even really gear that grinds on me when it comes to cosmetics -- it's the horrifying dye system. Single use, can't be traded/sold, and expensive. A shameless ripoff of the Guild Wars 2 dye system would be great in my book.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
My guild has a gear and level requirement which I was behind on and I had taken off 2 days of work to get this done. With all this maintenance and extended maintenance I won't make make the levels I need to stay in the guild. Thanks a bunch Daum, for wasting everyone's time and ruining my game experience.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Source please, this is life or death matter.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

It's not even really gear that grinds on me when it comes to cosmetics -- it's the horrifying dye system. Single use, can't be traded/sold, and expensive. A shameless ripoff of the Guild Wars 2 dye system would be great in my book.

Idk, i like all the grind fam. Leveling is a grind. Getting gear is a grind. Making a boat is a grind. Dye is a grind.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

kalstrams posted:

Source please, this is life or death matter.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/53710-maintenance-is-getting-me-kicked-from-my-guild/

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

If it was a shameful ripoff of the GW2 dye system it would be better than the GW2 dye system, because you can dye more parts of gear, you can dye your weapons, you can dye your horse acessories and wagon, and there's more dyes. The developers have talked about moving on this, which would be great because dyes in this game are amazing if we could just GET to them.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Dentists: maintenance is no excuse for letting your dye progression fall behind.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:laffo:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Magog posted:

My guild has a gear and level requirement which I was behind on and I had taken off 2 days of work to get this done. With all this maintenance and extended maintenance I won't make make the levels I need to stay in the guild. Thanks a bunch Daum, for wasting everyone's time and ruining my game experience.
Lmao.
I like how everyone in that thread is all "Obvious bait troll post", and then they go on to tell the person they need to leave that guild and...

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Magog posted:

Start patching now guys. :f5:

Unrelated call to verizon about other poo poo and they tried to upsell me to the 300mb network speed. I'm watching 30 gigs fly by in the background and I'm like, yeah.. I"m good.

dear game thanks for forum go post patch note thanks

glug fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 23, 2016

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

glug posted:

Unrelated call to verizon about other poo poo and they tried to upsell me to the 300mb network speed. I'm watching 30 gigs fly by in the background and I'm like, yeah.. I"m good.

I actually thought maintenance was an hour shorter before it got extended anyway so... yeah.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Went into work but since it's a winter storm they sent me home after half an hour. Now I'm just waiting for maintenance to finish so I can go back to no-lifing all the way to max guild activity

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
It's because the majority have seen different MMO's with their "GREAT" decissions going to the ground. "Yeah, let's add a cash shop and have 30$ costumes" YEAH THAT TOTALLY DOESN'T SCARE PEOPLE AT ALL. YEAH, 30$ SEEMS LIKE A TOTAL REASONABLE PRICE FOR A BLOODY COSTUME

30$ for a in-game item which makes your character unique scares people off, and thats why these games will be meant for a small majority who can't find a job and have the time to gather x amount of Blackstones to rush through the gear cap and then gank the others who went to work that day. PRETTY F********* FUN GAME, YES INDEED.

But the upcoming content is free, like really? People don't give a F****, they see high prices, they move on. Just like real life, think out of the f***** box for F*** sake like sorry for my language here but... this is just stupid

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
So do we have patch notes yet? I'm at work and have spotty cell phone Internet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

YOTC posted:

So do we have patch notes yet? I'm at work and have spotty cell phone Internet
Just posted.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

quote:

Fixed the issue where certain actions were unavailable under specific situations
The Easter Event is commencing! You can earn five different types of Easter Eggs by; Hunting monsters, gathering, fishing and exploring the world.

Start: March 23th 10:00 UTC
End: April 6th 10:00 UTC

Hunting Monsters: There is a low chance to get “Life Easter Egg”
Gathering: There is a low chance to get “Easter Egg with Star Pattern”
You can use your bare hands, Lumbering Axe, Sap Gathering Tool, Hoe, Butcher Knife, Tanning Knife, or Pickaxe.
Fishing: There is a low chance to get “Raindrop Easter Egg”
Exploration: You can get four types of Easter Eggs including “Rainbow Easter Egg”
Eggs are hidden throughout the world. Find an Easter Egg by searching the world to randomly get 1-2 Life/Star Eggs, 1-3 Raindrop Eggs, or 1-5 Rainbow Eggs.

Collected Eggs can be turned in for a special egg or furniture item.
The Egg Quests can be received from the Priests in Velia, Heidel, and Calpheon
jTzQbsX4BmxRKyJLVLekMY63LHnmFM9XqSH5drYW3C5N_q9SLCM2_nfZzFYe0VFw66WmMoR_4D8Hae_jUQQAZaq3astD0MYaK2n3NwOXPQv-NduO7Phy59oI
The quest can be received from all three locations, you can only progress one at a time.
You may only exchange your eggs for furniture one time per account.
You may exchange your eggs as many times as you like for Black Spirit Easter Eggs.

All Dye Bundles will be on sale! Price 120 -> 80 Pearls
Start: March 23th 10:00 UTC
End: April 6th 10:00 UTC

quote:

Required level for Megaphone has been increased to 20.
This has been done to hinder goldsellers from abusing this item.
Required level for gifting has been increased to 20.
Flare can now be registered on the Market Place.
The flare will be craftable soon.
Registration prices for Flashbang, Fireshot, and Poison Shot have been increased.
Gold Bar has been added to drop list from Field Boss reward packages.

quote:

Pet exchange button was added.
In order to exchange, the generation difference between the pets must be 1 or fewer.
Skill effect window was added next to the pet list window. The skill effect window shows the total skill effect of all the accompanying pets, and if pets do not have any skills, the window will not appear. (You can check the total value of a pet’s skill from the pet info window.)

When exchanging pets, the new pet can inherit one of its parent’s skills. You can choose to inherit or not.
If the number of the inherited skills does not surpass the new pet’s skill capacity, the skill slots will be filled with extra random skills.
Changes in Pet Skill
Any EXP boost effect of the same type from a pet will be overlapped.
IF three summoned pets each have an effect of Combat EXP +3%, the total bonus will give +9%.
However, one pet cannot acquire the same type of duplicate skill.
Bonuses from summoned pets are now cumulative.
Pets will get a specific number of skills based on their tier.
Tier 1-2: 1 skill, Tier 3: 2 skills, Tier 4: 3 skills
Function to take out all the pets was added.
Pet Categories and Skills: Pets are categorized into Domestic, Aves, Wild, and Monsters. Each pet has a high chance of learning main and common skills with an abysmal chance of learning different types of skills.
Common: Combat EXP Increase, Karma Recovery Increase
Domestic (Dog, Cat, etc.): Cooking/Alchemy/Processing/Farming EXP +
Aves (Hawk, etc.): Fishing +1, Fishing/Hunting/Training/Trade EXP +
Monster (Snowman, etc.): Gathering +1, Gathering EXP +
EXP skills gained from exchanging pets will increase by 3%.
Exp from fishing has been adjusted based on the grade of what is caught.
The command /Rescue is disabled. This has been done to prevent players from using it as a way to escape combat and avoid death. Instead players can use the Rescue button found on the ESC Menu to escape being stuck in terrain.
Chat Messages being overlapped in chat has been fixed.

quote:

Fixed the location of the Gargoyle stuck between rocks in Long Leaf Forest.
Number of reward packages from Field Bosses increased from 20ea to 40ea.
Field Boss Red Nose has had his attack pattern changed, which is much more powerful than before.
Attack rate for the following bosses(Quest Boss Only) has been decreased.
Red Nose, Giath, Dastard Bheg, Al Rhundi, Titium, Muskan, Org, and Biraghi.
Field Boss movement is now smoother.
Monster alert animation is now smoother.

quote:

Recovery rate has increased for some of the Gathering Quests.

quote:

Save feature added to Key Viewer
ESC >UI Settings>Key Viewer can now be seen, and its status (location, etc.) can be saved for later.
The running Goblin from the loading screen is replaced by a running egg for the event period.
Fixed the UI location when changing from Observer Mode.
Visual effect has been added for down, speed, counter, air attack and critical.
“R” button will now show as what it is set to for that hot key.
“Cancel” from UI short key menu has been removed, you will not be able to rebind the ESC key.
Some of the Guild UI for FR & DE has been updated.
Hot key settings for UI have been fixed.

quote:

Unnatural actions when using Grabing skill has been partially fixed.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/53034-patch-notes-march-23rd/

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

It's up.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
There is now an egg being chased by the black spirit.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
"Required level for the megaphone has been increased to 20"

Ahah. Thanks to the megaphone I've already turned off the "world" channel and I ain't missed it for a second.

On that note, why are there even gold sellers in this game? You can't loving trade. Who is falling for this?!

Edit: pet changes are... hmm...
They each give skill and combat bonuses. The bonuses are now cumulative for multiple pets, that's... cash shop-py. Looks like I might have to go turn off other people's pets.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 23, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I regret everything.

ps. need more cattes

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That cat's seen some poo poo

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
So the new pet breeding system is loving awful in my experience. I had 2 level 10 hawks and a level 10 dog. I had another unopened dog/hawk waiting from the pet sale on launch. I combined my pets like this:

Level 10 Tier 1 Dog + Level 1 Tier 1 Dog = Tier 2 Dog
Level 10 T1 Hawk + Level 10 T1 Hawk = Tier 2 Hawk
Level 1 T2 Hawk + Level 1 T1 Hawk = T2 Hawk

They added a 4th tier, so looks like over $100 for 3 Tier 4 pets.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
So just under 7 months of playing a subscription game. Costumes around 2 months of a subscription game (which will often still have cash shop costumes) I mean none of this is really bad, just don't start buying $100 worth of chandeliers and you are set.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That was what was expected from the beginning., extra tier asides. 4 tiers means it's $216 for 3 T4 cats, if you are completely unlucky.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My t3 cat was from two level 10 tier 1 cats.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
gently caress it. Go all cats. Get all of them. Breed them until Heidel evicts you from your decrepit manor home due to unsanitary conditions. Turn them into leather, and give them to your workers to process into furniture, costumes, and handbags. Profit $$$.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
What do T4 pets even do compared to T3, just 1 one extra skill which will probably be +5% crafting exp? Hard to imagine that's worth $200+.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 23, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Chewbot posted:

What do T4 pets even do compared to T3? Hard to imagine anything worth $200+.

They get one more skill and presumably have more frequent or wider range procs on their racial skill (e.g. resource node detection)

Edit: oh they might also pick up items more frequently. This is all something I hear someone say and have no evidence that it's true

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Chewbot posted:

What do T4 pets even do compared to T3? Hard to imagine anything worth $200+.

I've seen a house in Heidel that had at least $200 worth of cash-shop furniture, and the +EXP bonus from pets has to be worth more than access to Heidel's investment banks.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
I'm not sure whether to blame the developer or the people who buy $200 worth of furniture. Why not both, I guess?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

http://bdobase.info/pets

Different tier pets look different. Each type has slightly different chances of learning particular "skills."
I believe in korea/russia their pets start at t0 which is why my t3 cat is currently considered grade 2 on that website. They could've also changed the stats for us (especially since they seem to have implemented the new skills system in the patch note where certain skills are common and certain skills are restricted to certain types of pets, which is what Korea got last patch too). I could also be talking out of my rear end.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Chewbot posted:

I'm not sure whether to blame the developer or the people who buy $200 worth of furniture. Why not both, I guess?

Its the person.

Developer is doing their job which is make the most money possible. The person is the dumb one to reward them for it by giving them money.

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013

Clocks posted:

http://bdobase.info/pets

Different tier pets look different. Each type has slightly different chances of learning particular "skills."
I believe in korea/russia their pets start at t0 which is why my t3 cat is currently considered grade 2 on that website. They could've also changed the stats for us (especially since they seem to have implemented the new skills system in the patch note where certain skills are common and certain skills are restricted to certain types of pets, which is what Korea got last patch too). I could also be talking out of my rear end.

This calculator is incorrect. This is for the old breeding system, that had 3 tiers. Now there are differences on which skills can stack, which skills are available (each "type" of pet has access to a specific set of life skill XP increases) and each tier increases the amount of buffs they can have by 1 I think.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Hmm I found 4 rainbow easter eggs on cotton mountain directly above Florin, if anyone's interested in such things.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

iSovereign posted:

This calculator is incorrect. This is for the old breeding system, that had 3 tiers. Now there are differences on which skills can stack, which skills are available (each "type" of pet has access to a specific set of life skill XP increases) and each tier increases the amount of buffs they can have by 1 I think.

Yeah, like I said, the skills part seems outdated. It's a good website to browse if you want to check out what the pets can look like, though. :3:

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
What can i get from the eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012