Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Abu Dave posted:

I wish they would put the Sega Genesis Collection out in the US for PS4

I'm still mad that it has Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S&K, but not Sonic 2 and Knuckles or Sonic 3 and Knucles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skychrono posted:

I'm still mad that it has Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S&K, but not Sonic 2 and Knuckles or Sonic 3 and Knucles.

i don't even carte i just want to play the games gaain without turning on my wii u

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So since manhunt/bully are out, does anyone know if owning a PS2 classic for PS3 transfers over to the PS4 or not?

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So since manhunt/bully are out, does anyone know if owning a PS2 classic for PS3 transfers over to the PS4 or not?

It does not.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Hey I preordered Trackmania Turbo (AU store) but after it released and downloaded it says its just a demo and wants me to pay again for it. I tried deleting, restoring licences and downloading it again but its still a demo.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Anyone know about how the servers will work for Overwatch? I'm thinking about picking it up for the PS4 when it comes out, but will there be dedicated Japanese servers, or maybe a mismatch? I know Blizzard does "Asia and America" servers for stuff like Starcraft and Diablo, but I don't know how they'll do it for Overwatch. I live in Japan but would obviously like to play with Americans if I were able.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IShallRiseAgain posted:

they aren't the same product. ps4 versions are totally redone from the ps3 ones to run on ps4's unfucked hardware and to have trophy support.

the prices are probably 5 dollars too high in most cases but they'll come down over time.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

chaosbreather posted:

Hey I preordered Trackmania Turbo (AU store) but after it released and downloaded it says its just a demo and wants me to pay again for it. I tried deleting, restoring licences and downloading it again but its still a demo.

Try picking the "buy it now" option in the demo's UI, there's an unlock file which you should be able to download without paying again.

fish fingers
Jun 25, 2008

chaosbreather posted:

Yup, I've got the same problem, UK though. Looking at the playstation forums it looks like a common issue

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

univbee posted:

Try picking the "buy it now" option in the demo's UI, there's an unlock file which you should be able to download without paying again.

The main menu only has a [ ] unlock the full game. That leads to a spash that says X unlock the full game or O to go back.

The X leads to a store page that has one button, Buy $59.95 with the label 'Purchased' underneath it. The buy button goes to the full on checkout page with add funds and everything.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

One day SEGA will release the Phantasy Star Generations games in English, I know they will. :unsmith: ... :smith:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I sure hope wild arms 3 comes out on ps4 at some point. I remember them releasing an official statement saying they couldn't get it to run on the ps3's ps2 emulator, but maybe that's changed with the ps4.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Hahaha got a reply from support

quote:

TrackMania has not yet been officially released in Australia however should be available later today. Unfortunately we have not been given an exact time frame of when it will be released.

What they mean is, 'not released for PSN pre-orderers', since its perfectly purchasable and playable by everyone else. loving Sony.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hamsterlady posted:

I sure hope wild arms 3 comes out on ps4 at some point. I remember them releasing an official statement saying they couldn't get it to run on the ps3's ps2 emulator, but maybe that's changed with the ps4.

It was on a found list of hidden names on PSN, which could mean nothing, but fingers crossed.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
All the new EDF recruits who wish to annihilate aliens and giant insects online should direct their attention to "the GDF deploys" community. It's hosted by D43M0N_au_ in case you can't find it on the game page. There's also a thread found here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605938&perpage=40

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Hello all I want to purchase this game

http://www.play-asia.com/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-fortune-multi-language/13/709dv7

I am am american with a PSN US store account - what do I do and how do I obtain this game if you know? I do not have an asian store account and its ays

Please note: A Taiwan/Singapore/Hong Kong PlayStation Network (PSN) account is required to redeem/download any downloadable content (DLC) of this game

Thank you for your consideration!

edit: the game is deadly oralive extreme volleyballe 3 fortune

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so you can make a hong kong account and then put money on it by buying hong kong psn store cards from like playasia and redeeming them but I don't know how best to register a hong kong account. or you can buy the physical version and it will work, and then I think you would just have to make a hong kong account for any DLC because DLC has to match the region of the disc. I think you can even play out-of-region games on your main account if you so choose as long as your ps4 is set as the primary ps4 for the out-of-region account. If you don't get a better answer go in the making fun of the xbox thread and ask univbee

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Yup, that's pretty much how it works.

- Make HK account.
- Add account to your PS4.
- Set PS4 as primary on the HK account.
- Add funds to HK account with HK$ prepaid card.
- Buy game and start download.
- Go back to your regular account.
- Play silly game.

If you want DLC you'll need to purchase it on the HK account but will still work on your main account.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Meowbot posted:

Hello all I want to purchase this game

http://www.play-asia.com/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-fortune-multi-language/13/709dv7

I am am american with a PSN US store account - what do I do and how do I obtain this game if you know? I do not have an asian store account and its ays

Please note: A Taiwan/Singapore/Hong Kong PlayStation Network (PSN) account is required to redeem/download any downloadable content (DLC) of this game

Thank you for your consideration!

edit: the game is deadly oralive extreme volleyballe 3 fortune

You only need the HK/Asian PSN account to access the DLC, since it has to match the game's region, you can import the physical copy and it'll play the game just fine. So you must consider just how important DLC is to you - I assume it'll be the same as other DoA games, so mostly new costumes.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Thanks a lot guys so just so I dont mess this up and end up buying a male order hooker from hokg inong again is this wshat I do?

make HSN account
go to play asian buy this I think?
http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-card-ticket-500-hkd-for-hong-kong-network-/13/707ex7
PlayStation Network Card / Ticket (500 HKD / for Hong Kong network only)

500 hong kongians ends up being 64.99 american calhouns ...

drat, so the card is 69.99 from play asia ... or I could just buy from them and save a few bucks and wait several weeks for it to be delivered it sounds like ...

so basically just buy it from the HK store with play asia card? I don't care about the DLC ... cool I was worried I had to be asian serial number or something since iv'e played betas and stuff where I needed a korean serial number, which I don't have.

Thanks again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

enjoy your big anime titties meowbot :)

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I'm curious to see just how much DLC Tecmo can make for this game. Dead or Alive 5 is probably rivaled only by Rock Band for having an insane amount of DLC available. They don't have to pretend it's about a fighting game anymore with Extreme 3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would imagine everything being swimsuits limits the possibilities but I am not a costumologist

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Meowbot posted:

so basically just buy it from the HK store with play asia card? I don't care about the DLC ... cool I was worried I had to be asian serial number or something since iv'e played betas and stuff where I needed a korean serial number, which I don't have.
Oh, you want to buy the whole game digitally? It should work just fine, I've downloaded Japanese F2P junk using the web store and I can even launch it while signed in to my US account on the PS4. Since you're going to be the only person to use that HK account you'll be the primary PS4 and you can always access the stuff from it on other users. You should be able to buy DLC later the same way if you want.

I would guess the in game store link if any would error if you're logged into US but that's about it.

It's sort of silly that I set up all the different store accounts since I'm not planning to buy foreign wallet credit, but it's fun to download other free themes and games and stuff.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i was hfalway done turning on the PS 4 when I realized ... wait a second, I got to buy a card for 74.99 dollars and then buy the game from the store for another 500 hong kong dollars? Then I Realized that I use the card, as a means to buy the game ...

now that my fear and shock of almost having gto spend 200 dollars on this game, I am going to enjoy my big anime tittiwe awesome! thank you

Sakurazuka posted:

I would imagine everything being swimsuits limits the possibilities but I am not a costumologist

idk my friend do you ever go to an arts and crafgs store and look at the frames and say to yourself "there are too many frames" for sale? now imagine those frames are a tiny piece of cloth that connects butt cheek from breast on a lovingly crafted cartoon cutie, and thats how the DLC will happen for this game

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Why does it have to be done this way anyways? Why can't I just log in to the HK store and buy a game with a credit card or buy the game from play asia? Is it because the CC needs to belong to that region thus stopping itnernational orders?

Anyway to add funds to the hong kong account from web or have to do it direct from the Ps4?

Sorry never bought a game internationally...

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Meowbot posted:

idk my friend do you ever go to an arts and crafgs store and look at the frames and say to yourself "there are too many frames" for sale? now imagine those frames are a tiny piece of cloth that connects butt cheek from breast on a lovingly crafted cartoon cutie, and thats how the DLC will happen for this game
I tell you what, I want to go to an arts and crafgs store right now and frame this post.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Sakurazuka posted:

Anumes and dlc costumes are a long tradition
https://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/List+of+Modules+%28F+2nd%29

E: hell, FFXIV can be argued to actually just be a dress-up game in the end, but it's just so pretty and so fun

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^ Sakurazuka hangs out in the Vita thread, they should already know there's like hundreds of underwear in SK so a few hundo in DOAX would be nothing

Meowbot posted:

Why does it have to be done this way anyways? Why can't I just log in to the HK store and buy a game with a credit card or buy the game from play asia? Is it because the CC needs to belong to that region thus stopping itnernational orders?
Sony does incredibly picky address verification, probably due to fraud, to the point that I had to give up and unlist all my bank cards and just use PayPal to buy games on the US store. I can't even imagine what it's like for other regions. They are just hyper-defensive when it comes to getting money.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Fuuuck I wish they'd bring out Dragon Force over here, I was a stupid teen and sold my copy when I bought an N64

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

CrashCat posted:

^ Sakurazuka hangs out in the Vita thread, they should already know there's like hundreds of underwear in SK so a few hundo in DOAX would be nothing
Sony does incredibly picky address verification, probably due to fraud, to the point that I had to give up and unlist all my bank cards and just use PayPal to buy games on the US store. I can't even imagine what it's like for other regions. They are just hyper-defensive when it comes to getting money.

Thanks for the advice! Seems that way I had to wait for play asia to call me to verify my paypal after I got an email it went through with paypal. That was relatively painless setting this all up and game is downlodaing now.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 25, 2016

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I want to gift computer generated animay grrls nipple tassels for $3.95

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is there a decent alternative to Play-Asia for imports? Because I just can't justify giving them money due to the DOAX3 debacle, but I still want to grab some Asia region PS4/Vita games.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Awesome! posted:

I'm glad we can all just get along.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Takoluka posted:

Is there a decent alternative to Play-Asia for imports? Because I just can't justify giving them money due to the DOAX3 debacle, but I still want to grab some Asia region PS4/Vita games.

For Hong Kong games? Aside Ebay, not really. Play Asia's the first retailer doing this sort of thing. The others like AmiAmi, etc are just for Japanese games.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Amazon.co.jp ships outside of Japan now, but only on stuff that they themselves sell.

If you want Hong Kong stuff specifically, you're out of luck AFAIK.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Alright. Well, better question: what are the odds that we'll be seeing the Asia English Gundam games in the West?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're getting the Vita Gundam Vs. game so it's seeming more likely

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'll probably buy that, despite its problems, just to support the possibility of a Breaker 3 release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Meowbot posted:

This is a wonderful post. Have fun Meowbot.

• Locked thread