Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Oh i don't post much in the thread but for reference I know I'm not bad at this game. I just dont get fun out of it.

i only find bison and vega fun and most people it's a game of waiting for em to gently caress up and not block.

I've seen really good people play and even then I don't feel like what I'm seeing is interesting enough to pursue, maybe the update will change my sentiment but I'm having more fun with blazeblue atm. and warframe. god knows why im playing it but its fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

dont post pictures of interro

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/ogtmra.webm

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
haha step is shimmy gone too far

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
This page of the thread has convinced me, I'm now a fan of the shimmy

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

InnercityGriot posted:

Apparently the Capcom rep at WSO said yesterday that the March update will still be out in March, so there's that I guess.

3/29/16!

If not then who knows...

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

teagone posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mods can you make this probation longer plz.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/ibsyiv.webm

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

the dumbest fighting game jargon will always be that for the first couple weeks of marvel 3 it was called KFC and not XFC for literally no reason

It's because MVC3 is played by people who eat a lot of kfc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

teagone posted:

150 new posts, thought Alex was revealed. Nope. Just spergs arguing over dumbass video game jargon, lmao.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buhbuhj posted:

Mods can you make this probation longer plz.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Man, I've been taking Rashid online and I really just feel like a huge dick whenever I win. Like, every single victory, I'm thinking "man, that was some bullshit I pulled there."

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

I'm never one to kill the messenger, but stuff like this can get frustrating. "At some point maybe soon we will say *something regarding the future update."

*said something may not be important or helpful in any meaningful way, or it could be a loosely tied-in Alex trailer with release date.

By now they can drop the whole "thank you for your patience" line. Heard that enough during FFXIV 1.0 days.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
why do people play ranked I made an honest effort to go to super bronze today (from the amazing amount of 500 LP) and half my matches were laggy shitfests and the other half were semi-laggy shitfests :smith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got silver two days ago, get owned

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Lothire posted:

I'm never one to kill the messenger, but stuff like this can get frustrating. "At some point maybe soon we will say *something regarding the future update."

*said something may not be important or helpful in any meaningful way, or it could be a loosely tied-in Alex trailer with release date.

By now they can drop the whole "thank you for your patience" line. Heard that enough during FFXIV 1.0 days.

Imagine if Yoshi-P got his hands on this game?

EDIT: Well, technically...

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Coca Koala posted:

Man, I've been taking Rashid online and I really just feel like a huge dick whenever I win. Like, every single victory, I'm thinking "man, that was some bullshit I pulled there."

Rashid online spinning mixer plus on block!~

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I got silver two days ago, get owned

I mean, I'm actively avoiding ranked as much as I can, but people were refusing casual matches with me because of my small PP. :smith:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dias posted:

why do people play ranked I made an honest effort to go to super bronze today (from the amazing amount of 500 LP) and half my matches were laggy shitfests and the other half were semi-laggy shitfests :smith:

ranked is dumb, especially if you can't get good connections. maybe if dimps had actually implemented rollback code correctly it would be fine, but the lag is just too bad to play a variety of people far away from you. I have to restrict to 5 bars to get decent connections, and only get teleport-free matches some of the time.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Random, but can Battle Lounge matches be reviewed or watched by someone else? I played a ton of matches with a friend before work and wanted to see if I could access them afterwards.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Booyah- posted:

ranked is dumb, especially if you can't get good connections. maybe if dimps had actually implemented rollback code correctly it would be fine, but the lag is just too bad to play a variety of people far away from you. I have to restrict to 5 bars to get decent connections, and only get teleport-free matches some of the time.

I'm doing 4-5 and I still get some terrible connections. Plus I matched against an Argentinian I'm sure was lag-switching, hehe. It's not worse than SF4 tho, I can say that much. Plus, I needed to get my ranked rust off.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Baal posted:

It's because MVC3 is played by people who eat a lot of kfc
Yes?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

Random, but can Battle Lounge matches be reviewed or watched by someone else? I played a ton of matches with a friend before work and wanted to see if I could access them afterwards.

yep, they are recorded. go to the CPN thing and find your profile and replays. its separated into ranked, casual, and battle lounge matches that you can view. reviewing battle lounge matches is really helpful for improving!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

yep, they are recorded. go to the CPN thing and find your profile and replays. its separated into ranked, casual, and battle lounge matches that you can view. reviewing battle lounge matches is really helpful for improving!

Yeah, I had watched a friend's match from ranked a few days ago, but I wasn't sure if the same held true for Battle Lounges. Thanks! :buddy:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dias posted:

I'm doing 4-5 and I still get some terrible connections. Plus I matched against an Argentinian I'm sure was lag-switching, hehe. It's not worse than SF4 tho, I can say that much. Plus, I needed to get my ranked rust off.

I think 4 is a trap, when I had 4-5 set I would get absolutely terrible matches. It was so bad that I even tried the alt-tab thing to get the initiative.

For me, 5 means I get matched every time with the same couple people, which is okay but is basically the same as battle lounge with a much longer wait.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fried chicken blocking is a very effective tactic in Marvel. Don't eat a mixup, eat the secret 11 herbs and spices recipe on KFC!

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

Dias posted:

I do 5 only and set it to ask, when the thing pops up sometimes you still get 3 and 4 bar connections.. I usually just turn those down. I don't experience much lag this way(maybe the very occasional teleporter).

E: I like ranked because it throws you random 900 LP Chun who beats you somehow. Keeps you honest.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

Fried chicken blocking is a very effective tactic in Marvel. Don't eat a mixup, eat the secret 11 herbs and spices recipe on KFC!

i have fond memories of the KFC Double down videos released by various fgc members around the marvel 3 release

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Brosnan posted:

As long as we're getting hung up on people using dumb words, baiting a throw attempt is not "meta-game," it's part of the game.

You can't take away Internet people's opportunities to say 'meta', I think that'll cause their lungs to explode

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

just another random thing about replays: there is no explicit slo-mo option, but if you hold the "1 Frame Forward" button down, it will eventually speed up to what seems like 1/2 speed.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
For anyone that doesn't follow him on Youtube, Bafael recently put out some short character-specific videos on combos (Necalli and Karin) and frame traps (Ken)

Booyah- posted:

just another random thing about replays: there is no explicit slo-mo option, but if you hold the "1 Frame Forward" button down, it will eventually speed up to what seems like 1/2 speed.

Thanks, I'll try to keep this in mind later.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

bhsman posted:

For anyone that doesn't follow him on Youtube, Bafael recently put out some short character-specific videos on combos (Necalli and Karin) and frame traps (Ken)

He missed a pretty standard and good frame trap for Ken: st. LP, b. MP

Another tip, if you gently caress up the b.MP targ hit confirm and it's blocked, you can cancel the 2nd hit into EX hadouken to stay +1(regular hadouken is -10), or LK tatsu which puts you at -8 instead of -13(still not great, but slightly better.. you might not get punished as hard).
It might even be possible to late cancel into LK tatsu as another risky frame trap(better than being -13). I'd imagine the timing on that would be pretty rough though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
rare footage of the "gootecks shimmy"

https://twitter.com/STEVEHWANG/status/712863661711310850

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/o7cy.mp4

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Out of about forty matches I've had one that was unplayable and couple with some lag. I play mostly vs. players in other countries. Compare this to any EA sports game where you often get lag against people in same tiny country and playing over borders is guaranteed lag fest. Those games handle rage quitters right though so there is always some way for Capcom to shot them self on foot.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Gootecks seems like a dude who'd be super fun to hang out with once every six months, and that's it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Out of about forty matches I've had one that was unplayable and couple with some lag. I play mostly vs. players in other countries. Compare this to any EA sports game where you often get lag against people in same tiny country and playing over borders is guaranteed lag fest. Those games handle rage quitters right though so there is always some way for Capcom to shot them self on foot.

Part of the many things wrong with the netcode is that the lag is one-sided (since it doesn't balance it between the players), so it's easily possible that some of the matches you've had that felt fine to you were actually unplayable for your opponent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Foodahn posted:

Gootecks seems like a dude who'd be super fun to hang out with once every six months, and that's it.

I feel like even if you only hung out with Gootecks every six months, he'd still not offer to pay for anything and mooch off of you.