Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think I'd use a "not mind safe" tag, but definitely NSFW because you shouldn't be looking at bikini pics at work.

The "not mind safe" tag is my whole point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Can someone point me to the "don't hit your kid, rear end in a top hat" flowchart?

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Rose Spirit posted:

Can someone point me to the "don't hit your kid, rear end in a top hat" flowchart?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Thanks!

Edit for content: my friend was just telling me how she is accidentally overhearing her roommate argue with his girlfriend over whether or not to hit your kids for discipline. Luckily for my friend, the roommate is arguing against it.

Rose Spirit has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Mar 24, 2016

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

chitoryu12 posted:

That's actually a pic of Daisy Ridley, who's the protagonist of Episode VII.

Oh haha now I see it. I'm still pretty sure he only listed those women because of their involvement with Star Wars (and also one shot at Emma Stone over Spider-man).

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

The "not mind safe" tag is my whole point.
Yeah, like, drat. That lady fat, to be sure, and fat acceptance has issues that to be sure can be argued about (especially when you reach the more extreme ideas behind it) but fat people are still people and if you find that "Not Mind Safe" you're either hella hateful towards fat people or incredibly easily grossed out.

It's not as if most SA posters aren't intimately familiar with guts of similar nature if not girth, what with seeing them every morning.

I could post some idiots offa my wall but I don't super feel up to it, but I'll repost a link from one of my right-wing American fb friends which is cray enough I suppose:

In other words, the Spanish inquisition saved the entire region from being taken over by Islamic rule. It was a brutal but quintessentially heroic act in history that saw the sacrifice of millions of people to exterminate Islam fully and completely from the land. It took them nearly 400 years. Imagine the sheer volume of muslims in the country for it to take almost four centuries to get rid of them.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

To say nothing of getting rid of all the Jews!

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

But... the inquisition was started after the Reconquista had almost entirely succeeded. All the Muslims had left was Granada, and that was already being treated as essentially a tributary state. When Ferdinand and Isabella decided they wanted it, they didn't even have to fight a battle; Granada simply capitulated. That link is the worst.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Je suis fatigue posted:

Oh haha now I see it. I'm still pretty sure he only listed those women because of their involvement with Star Wars (and also one shot at Emma Stone over Spider-man).

Pretty sure it's because they all have small chests. Women can't be attractive if they don't have the evolutionary benefit of giant tits!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

this has never once applied to a white christian, no, no sirree

Shared unironically:

thanks obama for making this kid trans to further your agenda!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lol Biden stop getting all up in people's grills you loveable creep

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"How he attract this kind"

Lol lol lol

Maybe by not making coming out a judgmental, terrifying, potentially violent prospect?

BioEnchanted posted:

The annoying thing about the Daisy Ridley ~~Controversy~~ is that she looks like she'd be a pretty good Lara Croft. I haven't seen Star Wars VII due to lack of interest but that she landed a starring role speaks to her abilities on set, and it being an action/adventure movie she's probably in appropriate shape for Lara Croft style gymnastic maneuvers. Visually she is reminiscent of Lara's mocap models as well.

Plus how much depth of character do you really need to be Lara loving croft?

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Mar 24, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The annoying thing about the Daisy Ridley ~~Controversy~~ is that she looks like she'd be a pretty good Lara Croft. I haven't seen Star Wars VII due to lack of interest but that she landed a starring role speaks to her abilities on set, and it being an action/adventure movie she's probably in appropriate shape for Lara Croft style gymnastic maneuvers. Visually she is reminiscent of Lara's mocap models as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think "acting chops" has ever been a thing for anyone in any Star Wars film. Harrison Ford just happened to turn out to be good.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't think "acting chops" has ever been a thing for anyone in any Star Wars film. Harrison Ford just happened to turn out to be good.

It's never really been a thing for anyone in film adaptations of video games, either, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There were no good actors in the first trilogy, Harrison ford included. I mean he is a good actor just not in star wars

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Otisburg posted:

To say nothing of getting rid of all the Jews!
"[This calculation does not include the Arab biological warfare of the middle ages where enslaved and infected Jews, riddled with plague, were dumped across Europe in regions that had no Jewish origin or settlers. They carried the disease from the brutal Arab slave trade and were part of the enslaved blacks, Christians and Jews who managed to survive by paying jizya. These diseased people were then spread into Europe during muslim efforts to conquer the Italian coast (Venice), Greece, Spain, etc. The plague ended up killing half of the entire population of Europe]"

They mention the Jews but not their expulsion. Look at the name of the page itself for a hint as to why!

SoldadoDeTone posted:

But... the inquisition was started after the Reconquista had almost entirely succeeded. All the Muslims had left was Granada, and that was already being treated as essentially a tributary state. When Ferdinand and Isabella decided they wanted it, they didn't even have to fight a battle; Granada simply capitulated. That link is the worst.
There is not a single thing even remotely plausible, possible or sensible in it.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

oldpainless posted:

There were no good actors in the first trilogy, Harrison ford included. I mean he is a good actor just not in star wars
It's pretty much a given that any actor directed by Lucas will have the worst possible take of them put on film after being directed to act terribly. He certainly has something missing from his psyche to recognise human emotion (even faked human emotion).

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

subpar anachronism posted:

this has never once applied to a white christian, no, no sirree

Shared unironically:

thanks obama for making this kid trans to further your agenda!

If trump gets elected ronald mcdonald will take up a rocket launcher

this fish flies
Dec 21, 2007

Don't Give Up The Ship

subpar anachronism posted:

Shared unironically:

But... that's Bill Clinton? Does he think that's supposed to be Trump?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

She posts a lot of her workout stuff on Instagram. She's in such good shape that she could probably be Lara Croft in real life.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

chitoryu12 posted:

She posts a lot of her workout stuff on Instagram. She's in such good shape that she could probably be Lara Croft in real life.

So the movie equivalent of Steven Amell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8d2JAoRGnc

Edit: THis clip's also great :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANtG5vpTPU

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Mar 24, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
In "only in 2016 news", Microsoft deletes 'teen girl' AI after it became a Hitler-loving sex robot within 24 hours.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Darkhold posted:

It's pretty much a given that any actor directed by Lucas will have the worst possible take of them put on film after being directed to act terribly. He certainly has something missing from his psyche to recognise human emotion (even faked human emotion).

Not sure how apocryphal it is but word is that Lucas's only directions for actors were "faster" and "more intense" which is not conducive to a nuanced performance

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

this fish flies posted:

But... that's Bill Clinton? Does he think that's supposed to be Trump?

It's a painting of Bill Clinton with Trump's head photoshopped on. If Trump becomes President, his picture will look more like this:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Well... she has a point.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Meme imitates life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's no loving way this "AI" isn't just some drunk 20 year old posting between shots of tequila.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Damnit internet that could have been a running joke for like a week! Learn a little self control!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

So the movie equivalent of Steven Amell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8d2JAoRGnc

Edit: THis clip's also great :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANtG5vpTPU

She's pretty baller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7WqhvKFlI4

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

So some dipshit thought the AV club article about the Nazi AI was just some smug liberals calling conservative Nazis and still doesn't get it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Elderbean posted:

So some dipshit thought the AV club article about the Nazi AI was just some smug liberals calling conservative Nazis and still doesn't get it.

Thread hit it's high point with Barry Dalive.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Thread hit it's high point with Barry Dalive.

"They did Nazi that coming"

That will never not be funny to me.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I know she sent out like 100K tweets but does anyone have a good "timeline" where we can watch a naive chatbot turn into a Hitler loving kinkster getting off on incest fantasies?

Asking for a friend.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

This is the first i'm hearing about this "teen girl AI" and i think it's hilarious how it ended pulling a Metal Gear Solid 2 within 24 hours.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Doesn't have giant tits so she can't be a good choice

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Garry Shandling died today....loving Obamacare.

Posts are public.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Shbobdb posted:

I know she sent out like 100K tweets but does anyone have a good "timeline" where we can watch a naive chatbot turn into a Hitler loving kinkster getting off on incest fantasies?

Asking for a friend.

From what I read it was the "repeat after me" feature that was the problem. It wasn't just saying crazy poo poo on it's own, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Some loser from my high school got cheated on by his girlfriend recently, and has been chronically oversharing details of the breakup. I've mostly been ignoring it, but he just posted this

He's a huge bullshitter so he might just be lying, but he's also totally dumb enough to post "lol I committed a crime" on facebook.

EDIT: oh wait, there's more.

Green is the original owner of the dog tags, orange is the ex-girlfriend.

SurreptitiousMuffin has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Mar 25, 2016