Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the father son rule should stay for at least twenty more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Justin Peckett has like 5 sons from memory, so that's almost a third of a future Saints lineup sorted. It should stay :colbert:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Sometimes the sons turn out to be not much chop.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

he seems to get pretty lost in thought whenever he's lining up for goal..

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
So there is some kind of footy ads on the sides of some trains, one went past and was hard to see what it was. The background said "Carn the cats" but the "the" had a section pasted over the top of it which all I caught of it was "46% Luke Hodge" ...has anyone seen it/what is? Otherwise I'm just going to have to guess its his blood alcohol level

thepokey fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 23, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

thepokey posted:

So there is some kind of footy ads on the sides of some trains, one went past and was hard to see what it was. The background said "Carn the cats" but the "that" had a section pasted over the top of it which all I caught of it was "46% Luke Hodge" ...has anyone seen it/what is? Otherwise I'm just going to have to guess its his blood alcohol level

46% of Cats fans had Hodge in their Supercoach team - it's an ad for SC.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I thought it was that but those ads are way too busy, especially for a moving vehicle.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

monolithburger posted:

I thought it was that but those ads are way too busy, especially for a moving vehicle.

Yep, way too busy. The only way I knew what it was talking about was seeing it on a train that was on the opposite platform at Richmond as I was waiting for a Flinders St direct service the other day.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

tnimark posted:

I'd be ok with removing the bounce. F/S is good and should stay, though.

Bring back the bounce I say. Everyone bitches about congestion and frankly the throw up just makes it worse by being even more consistent. The bounce is more random and forces the rucks to come in from further away to compensate for it.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I was more referring to the running bounce.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

Bring back the bounce I say. Everyone bitches about congestion and frankly the throw up just makes it worse by being even more consistent. The bounce is more random and forces the rucks to come in from further away to compensate for it.

I agree with this. What was the reasoning for getting rid of the bounce around the ground? Was it to reduce congestion because they throw it up faster?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

I agree with this. What was the reasoning for getting rid of the bounce around the ground? Was it to reduce congestion because they throw it up faster?

Something like that. Plus it makes it easier on the umps who have to "master" the bounce cause its soooo hard.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
cool article from guardian to troll your friends with because it reckons freo might miss the finals: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/23/2016-afl-season-preview-fremantle-dockers-and-sydney-swans

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I cant wait until Satuday when we finally get to see a football game played!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Also, officially changing my supercoach team name to "Hirdonismbot"

"I apologise for nothing!"

Nutsngum fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 23, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nutsngum posted:

Also, officially changing my supercoach team name to "Hirdonismbot"

"I apologise for nothing!"

How delightful!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-03-23/richard-walley-is-new-number-one

Freo have a new #1 ticket holder, Richard Walley, an indigenous artist who among many other things designed our first indigenous round jumper.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
*cough*

For those unaware, I believe the AFL season begins later today.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I'm expecting Carlton to get their one win for the year

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

pkid posted:

*cough*

For those unaware, I believe the AFL season begins later today.

Noice. Anyone good playing?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I saw Jack Riewoldt at the supermarket last night, FOOTY'S BACK!!!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

realbez posted:

Noice. Anyone good playing?

Yeah, Carlton who will win the flag in October (20xx)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Football football football football

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

foxsports posted:

The former Bulldog and Hawk has admitted he didn’t want to retire, but was advised to by Hawthorn.

As to how that plays out for a number of veterans still at the club, he is interested to see.

“I did want to play on, but you can see with their list what they were trying to do,” he said.

“That did happen. It’ll be interesting to see how they filter out the other guys. Hodgey, Shaun (Burgoyne) ... it’ll be good to see how they’re going to do it and who they’re going to replace them with.

“That’s the thing with Hawthorn – they seem to get these players from other sides with ease. I don’t know how they do it.”

brian lake, player who quit the bulldogs to cross to hawthorn seeking a premiership, is mystified how hawthorn attracts other players in similar positions

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Justin Clarke has retired from football due to post-concussion syndrome. If I recall correctly, the symptoms cited weeks after the actual incident were difficulty breathing, constant fatigue and an inability to concentrate. So yeah, incredibly serious poo poo

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Sucks for Brisbane too, they can't have much depth to replace him with.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Gearing up to raid the MCC looking like the biggest footy flog going around. Fucks yes go bloos

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

TG-Chrono posted:

Gearing up to raid the MCC looking like the biggest footy flog going around. Fucks yes go bloos

You better have a collared shirt you barbarian

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I too am sitting in the MCC tonight.
They still run it like the old 6pm swill right?
Piss at the bar while you're getting another drink?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
So I decided to start the season with a bang by tipping Melbourne

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

mumford v gawn should be a good matchup for that game and im looking forward to it.

im also hoping that with treloar gone we wont get pummelled in the midfield like we usually do against the giants

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

How many upset wins do you think Essendon will get over the course of the year.
It's very tempting to put $5 on them each week because I suspect for most games their odds will be very long and it could result in a decent return at some point in the season.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I won't be off work till 6 so no going to the footy tonight unless I rush it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

pkid posted:

How many upset wins do you think Essendon will get over the course of the year.
It's very tempting to put $5 on them each week because I suspect for most games their odds will be very long and it could result in a decent return at some point in the season.

I suspect they will snaffle a few wins early in the season and drop off terribly due to old man injuries. Unfortunately the bookies are onto this and the bummers are 1.16 to just 5.25 against the GC. A sneaky 5$ on the bombers would not be a bad bet imo but it's not amazing.

The only winning move is not to play.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress the afl for getting me excited for a game between richmond and carlton of all teams. i wish the geelong hawthorn game was the opener.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
A reminder you have about four hours to get your tips in.

If you need a little help here's the first week's lines based on last week's performances.
code:
ROUND 1
Thu Mar 24 1920 at MCG : RIC 1007 vs CAR  542 RIC by  46 (105 -  59)
Sat Mar 26 1340 at MCG : MEL  650 vs GWS  792 GWS by   2 ( 80 -  82)
Sat Mar 26 1635 at CAR : GCO  590 vs ESS  604 GCO by  11 ( 93 -  82)
Sat Mar 26 1925 at DCK : NME  881 vs ADE  979 NME by   2 (100 -  98)
Sat Mar 26 1925 at SCG : SYD 1051 vs COL  925 SYD by  25 ( 94 -  69)
Sun Mar 27 1310 at DCK : WBD  999 vs FRE 1002 WBD by  12 ( 83 -  71)
Sun Mar 27 1520 at ADO : PAD  927 vs STK  598 PAD by  45 (114 -  69)
Sun Mar 27 1940 at SUB : WCE 1218 vs BRL  515 WCE by  82 (128 -  46)
Mon Mar 28 1520 at MCG : GEE  923 vs HAW 1279 HAW by  36 ( 75 - 111)
(I am setting up a site with this and all the other stupid crap I do, it's taking a bit of time, however. I have something up but it's absurdly basic at the moment and has little more than what I've posted in the thread. When it's done it's gonna be all Nate Silver and poo poo.)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

gently caress the afl for getting me excited for a game between richmond and carlton of all teams. i wish the geelong hawthorn game was the opener.

Conversely, gently caress YEAH FOOOTY

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Goon golden spoon supercoach still needs 5 more players. 909139 is the code. Get in boys!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Whats the goon supercoach league? If there's a spot left I'll do a team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TG-Chrono posted:

Conversely, gently caress YEAH FOOOTY

a fair point